School Mate

By Ladybug29

Pennsylvania. The one place that Sandra never thought she would end up having a life in. But when her dad i... More

The Smolder
What Kind of Nurse Are You?
I Finally Have a Mate
Project Hell Hole
Turning In My Man Card
When Did I Get Tatoos?
Sherlock and Watson
Via
Rescuing the Princess
Ice Cream Man
Worst Job Ever (not)
Dealing With The Dorito
Revealed in Time
Camping out in School
Rescued from the Lips
What, A Power?
Girls Can Do Stuff Too
The Start of the Month
Introduction to the Parents
Wolf in the Graveyard
Escape
Controlling the Inner Core
Double the Pain
Life's Memories
A Childhood
The Energy Sponge
Just Crave
The Full Moon

Shine Bright like a Moonlight

1.6K 80 10
By Ladybug29

Chapter 29: -Cole's Perspective-

October 31

The moon's light shined like one-thousand florescent light bulbs causing me to squint. I looked out at the war in front of me as the world moved in slow motion. My pack never expected the Northern pack to have a full supply of weapons. The sound of gun fired shot through the air hitting and pulling down members of my pack. I watched as the bullet wounds of my wolves heal within seconds. We were an indestructible pack.

I moved into the target and showed myself into the action. I faced one-on-one with a wolf and testosterone seeped through my veins like I was the hulk. My force sent the wolf to its back, and I began to sink my teeth into the neck of the wolf. The warm, metallic taste of blood gushed into my mouth and down my throat. The sight of red caused my anger to rage even worse, knowing that this was the pack that nearly killed Sandra. I needed to finish off the wolf so I bit down as hard as possible until I knew the twitching creature was gone for good.

"Cole." I licked the remainder of blood off my fur and turned around.

I saw Geo with a gun in his hand shooting at the snipers from above. "Go find your mate."

I smiled at the grown up man in front of me. Wow, that gun added a few years on his sophistication. I escaped the bloody scene and managed to find a way in the Northern pack's house. I began to sweat a little knowing that I only had an hour to make Sandra my mate.

I decided to turn my attention over to my nose because the only way I would find Via in the dark would be her scent. I stuck my nose up in the air and waited until I picked up a scent from my mate.

After awkwardly standing there with my nose in the air...

I picked up Sandra's sweet scent. I could smell vanilla and flowers. I traced the wonderful aroma like it was a yellow brick road.

My eyes were keeping a close watch on my surroundings just in case a trap came up. I stopped sensing a tension in the dark. Someone was there.

I tip toed over to a corner so I knew I could attack easier. I waited in the darkness; I could barely see because my wolf's night vision was bad. I saw a shadow coming closer and closer until launched myself at it.

Before I knew it, I was on the floor sinking my teeth into another wolf's neck. I stopped. I do not have time for this. I dropped the chocolate brown wolf and began to follow the scent. The scent led me to an open room that was fairly big. Pain immediately collapsed my legs and a sharp stab rippled through my muscle. I knew I was close to my Via and transformed to my human self.

The room was now impossible to see, but the pain was not as harsh. My wolf felt the pain more than my human self because it felt a better connection with its mate. I looked up at the huge windows and saw the full moon mocking me, pointing its finger sneering, "haha, you have no chance."

I shivered feeling the cold hit my bare skin and turned to find a dead man laying on the ground. Someone has been here. I removed his sweat pants, glad that he had boxers on and put them on. I checked to see if he had a gun and then looked at where the ray of moonlight was pointing to. I adjusted my eyes and finally focused on the girl that was on a stage. I noticed that face anywhere and ran to that spot, tripping over chairs and items on my way in the dark.

I climbed on the stage. "Sandra, Sandra, I am here."

No answer.

I made it to a lifeless form and untied the bandana tied so tightly around her mouth. I untied her hands and body from the pole and felt her fall into my arms like she was a stuffed doll. I could see the pain in her face, pallid and frail. I picked her up and was amazed by how light she had gotten. A tear slipped down my face as I watched how painful each of her breaths looked every time she tried to stay alive. I brushed the hair from her face kissed her lips knowing I needed it more than her.

I began to turn away to get the two of us out of the building, but a loud noise ripped at my ear drum. It felt like a knife was thrown at leg and a burning sensation heated up my leg like the feeling of rubbing alcohol on a deep wound. I touched the hole on my leg realizing that a silver bullet was shot at me. I knew this was my wolf's number one weakness and placed Sandra on the stage behind me. I grabbed the bullet with my fingers and pulled it out of my leg screaming in pain. The bullet began to burn my hand and I threw it on the ground. The hole in my leg began to close up automatically after the bullet was out.

Now I looked around the room for the person that shot the gun. I spotted a shadow in a doorway and watched as it gradually became bigger.

"Should we call that a practice round, Alpha?" I mildly tall man stood a couple feet away from me. "Do you know who I am Cole?"

The voice, the figure. "You killed my father."

"Good job. Now we can make you just like your father." The figure walked closer. "You didn't actually think you would become Alpha, did you?"

My body quivered because it was so close to transforming into my wolf. I cocked the gun back at my side and took a shaky breath as the man began to get closer. I was able to see all his disgusting features now, mustache and all. I picked the gun up and pulled the trigger aiming at the man's head. The bullet hit him in the forehead causing the man to step back.

"You stupid boy. Do you think I would have a gun with silver bullets just laying around?" The man's head wound disappeared.

Dammit.

The man began to step forward again and I knew I was screwed. I could not transform because my wolf would kill itself from Sandra's pain. I knew I could not over power the man because two alphas are equal strengths.

The man stepped closer and I heard another gun shot from the back of the room I entered. The man in front of me screamed in pain as he tried to get the bullet from him. His skin began to burn until all that was left was a burnt body on the ground. The person that shot the gun stepped forward.

"Sorry father." He looked up and I snarled causing him to step back. "Do not waste your time on me Alpha." He looked at Sandra and bent his head down in submission.

I picked up my mate and walked off the stage. "You have changed Colt. Thank you."

I walked past my previous enemy that was now bending down to his father and began to run through the hallways. I traced my steps until I opened the outside door. The cold was not going to stop my determined self.

I ran behind the trees so no one could see me and found Geo shooting a wolf in the side.

"Geo I need your help." Geo finished off the wolf and turned to look at me. He had a face of horror when he saw Sandra and lead me to Richie.

"Richie you need to transform into your human, we have an issue." A huge gray wolf ripped the head off a sniper and transformed. Geo handed him a pair of pants as we headed out of the danger zone.

"You are going to hate me, but I do not specialize in mate to mate connection." He patted my back giving me the 'sorry man' look.

"Who do we ask that specializes in this?" I was nearly yelling over the loud noises to our backs.

Richie began to transform into his wolf again. "Do you know Skylar? She happens to be a seer too. Ask her."

The gray wolf fully transformed and jogged into the battle scene. Geo and I ran behind the trees to our camp and came up with a reasonable explanation that Skylar would be tending to the sick.

The two of us crossed the border into our territory again and almost began to vomit from the horrific smell of dying bodies or just rotting blood. Our pack members lay on tiny cots in big wool blankets that kept them from freezing.

"Skylar? Does anyone know where Skylar is?" I still cradled Sandra in my arms keeping her warm with the body heat I still had.

"Yes? Oh hi Cole. . .Sandra?" Skylar looked alarmed and scared.

"Please we need your help. What do we do?" Skylar motioned us to a cot to lay her down on.

"Give me a second boys." Skylar walked up to Sandra causing me to uncontrollably growl.

"Cole you need to control your wolf." I calmed my wolf down to the point I could jab my nails in my hand to distract myself with pain.

Skylar put her hands on Sandra's head and grimaced as it looked like the pain went through her. She with drawled her hands from Sandra's face and stood up.

"That is a very powerful poison that I do not know how to break into to clear her mind. The poison locked her mind out from the world. She is barely alive and will only stay alive with the feeling of her mate. Cole she needs to feel your touch. Because you are part of her heart if you ignore the touch, she will die. With an Alpha's heart, Sandra can heal fast." Skylar looked out of breath by the end of her conclusion.

Geo put his hand on my shoulder. "I bid you good luck my friend. I will leave you in peace."

"I will also leave you two alone. The wolfs need tended to." Skylar and Geo both walked out leaving a shallow breathing girl and me in a room together.

'Via, if the only thing to save you is touch then so be it." I found a blanket nearby and l laid down on the cot next to Sandra. I propped my head up with a pillow and laid Sandra's head on my chest so I could watch her sleep or recover or whatever she was doing. I brushed her hair out of the way as I covered her up with the blanket and closed the flap to the back portion ot the tent. Now it was just a date with silence and time.

I ended up falling asleep after feeling the comfort of having my mate right next to me. I loved the warmth of her body on my bare chest and I had to reprimand myself for trying to kiss her and hug her while she was recovering. My eyes opened from a loud howl that appeared outside the tent. One, two, three. We must have won! I mentally threw my fist in the air and screamed. I can't believe we did it. Father would be so proud.

I looked down at my hand on Sandra's stomach and realized it was intertwined with hers. I looked into her face and saw something I had not seen in forever. I saw a pair of dark blue eyes studying my face. I heard a hoarse whisper.

"I wish you were real." My heart sank a little.

"Oh Via, but I am."

The girl did not looked convinced. "I will prove it to you my love."

I started from her lips finally getting what I craved for so long. I moved to her collar bone kissing it until I reached from shoulder to shoulder. I looked back at those enchanting blueberry blue eyes. "Am I real now?"

I felt Sandra's hand flat against my chest causing my wolf to to feel whole and she pressed her lips against mine. "I have waited so long for you."

I looked over at the moon's light shining in the tent and knew this was the time to bond.

"Sandra we need to become mates before it is too late." I felt bad rushing her.

"What day is it?"

"October 31."

"Oh, so we mate on Halloween, that's pretty cool. Okay."

She still kept her charm even if she nearly died.

"We need to have a ceremony under the full moon. Our markings soon become one." I began to sit up because we needed to get this done.

"That sounds painful, but as long as I am with you, pain is worth it." She sat up and dragged her legs out of the blanket.

The two of us walked outside and found Richie. "Richie is the time right?"

-----------------------------

I looked at my mate with her back facing me in a chair and mine with hers. The moon light drenched the two of us in white light and Richie knew the time was right.

"As a part of the Southern pack, I take these powers and transfer them to the next Alpha that will do only good or what's best for their pack with these powers." Richie began to put the back of his palm against mine and a light surged between our two hands.

I had waited for this moment since I was five and spoke the next words like I was still in Alpha training. "From one Alpha to the other, I do take these powers for good or to help my pack. I do confirm the consequences of loosing my Alpha powers if these powers are used for evil or unlawful things. I guarantee protection to my pack for as long as I may be Alpha and protection to my mate for as long as I live." The energy flowed through me until all of it was gone from Richie and passed over to me.

Richie handed me the pack cress. "Welcome Alpha."

I turned to look at my mate. "Ready?"

Sandra smiled. "Let's do this."

The two of us touched our markings together and the moon's light again, showed her glory. For a a brief second a pain shot through my shoulder, but then it was gone. I felt Sandra tense up but then relax. I knew the bonding was over and looked at my mate's new markings. Her half heart filled with another half and the Alpha's mate's symbol showed up on the violet.

Sandra turned around. "I guess I am yours forever, huh?"

"Oh darn what I shame." I leaned into kiss my love knowing that now I could never loose her. She was safe with me as an Alpha's mate.

------------------------------------------------------

-Colt's Perspective-

I woke up from a dream and reality finally hit me. I could control my own life. I ran out of the pack house because I needed to see if Sandra was okay. I crossed the border into Southern pack territory and went to the base camp.

"Sandra?" I went into a tent that seemed to be used as a hospital and gagged at the sight. "Sandra?"

A red head walked out among the wounded. "She is not here. Why are you looking for her?"

"I just wanted to see if she was alright."

"She turned out fine. Her mate ended up saving her." The girl found the nearest stool to sit down on.

"Are you alright?"

"Oh yes just tired." She rubbed her eyes in an adorable manner.

"My name is Colt, may I ask what is yours?" I stuck my hand out for her to shake it.

"Skylar." She stood up to shake my hand.

"Well Skylar, I will see you again." I watched her red lips transform into a smile.

"Yes Colt I will see your cute freckled face again." I smiled, laughing a little. I would have never thought someone would have made me laugh at this moment. I turned to walk out the door but someone softly grabbed my arm.

"Cole?" I looked at brown eyes staring into me.

"Chelsey, that's not Cole." The red head, Skylar, took the girl's hand from my arm and smiled at me again.

I left the tent feeling those brown eyes and the touch on my arm still fresh on my mind. I watched as the moon's light started to dim itself to begin a new rotation into a crescent shape. I walked back to the pack's house having a chilling evening walk until I fell to the ground in pain. A searing pain ripped through my arm like someone was taking a knife to it. I grabbed my shoulder and gasped for breath, trying to pick myself up.

A scream broke the night's silence and I looked back at the tent I just came from.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I feel like tears are coming to my eyes because how much changed from the beginning of the book to the end. Maybe it's just me, but you kind of loose a part of yourself when you finish a book or story. It's like letting it free.

I appreciate all the delightful comments and likes. If it wasn't for people like you, my book would be like a flashlight in the middle of day.

If you wouldn't mind. Please comment your favorite chapter of this story if you had one.

Love you all one last time. Sarah :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.9M 32K 28
Libby was a human girl that's full of pranks. She's running from her arranged marriage using the elevator. Dominic was a werewolf. He was an alpha of...
452K 16K 48
*contains mature content* "Your mate was the last piece to the puzzle. I sent my men there to kill her while you were busy fighting with the alphas...
3K 178 30
Dani and Rose ,two best friends move into an apartment together.New loves are discovered, fights are had,pranks are pulled, secrets revealed.There is...
34.8K 2.4K 39
In the Montana wilderness is a very special school. Only a select few are asked to attend. Getting a top notch boarding school education is only a...