Miss Stranger

By aanavats01

Ranked #34 on (7-Oct-2017) Relations, they're are the most important part of our life. We are all surrounded... More

Prologue!!
Chapter - 1
Chapter- 2
Chapter - 3
Chapter - 5
Chapter - 6
Chapter - 7
Chapter - 8
Chapter - 9
Chapter - 10
Chapter - 11
Chapter - 12
Chapter - 13
Chapter - 14
Chapter - 15
Chapter - 16
Chapter - 17
Chapter - 18
Chapter - 19
Chapter - 20
Chapter - 21
Chapter - 22
Chapter - 23
Chapter - 24
Chapter - 25
Chapter - 26
Chapter - 27
Chapter - 28
Chapter - 29
Epilogue!!

Chapter - 4

1.1K 99 7
By aanavats01

Noah's P.O.V.

Seven days have passed and from past seven days, I'm thinking of meeting Eva. I don't know but whenever I went for jogging and her building came in my sight, I felt an urge to see her. I don't want to talk to her or anything but I can't just get her sad face out of my mind. I mean what could've happened that a girl who always chirped got all sad and formal all of a sudden.

She even called me Noah!!

But then she's still a stranger to me and I shouldn't be thinking this much about her. Stop gnawing Noah for some unknown person.

I came back home from the jogging and left for my office. Today I felt an unusual feeling inside as if something is not correct. Something is going wrong and paying attention to my heart's feeling I called my sister Jessica.

"Hey big bro", she picked up my mobile in just two rings.

"Hello. How's my little angel doing?", I asked.

"C'mon Noah. I'm sixteen now, stop calling me that", she whined like a baby.

"But you're still a baby for me", I asked.

"Yes, and what you're. My twenty-six-year-old dad?", She said and I shook my head in amusement.

"How's dad?", I asked.

"Daddy is fine and mom is also good. She keeps talking about you", Jess said.

"I didn't ask about your mom", I said.

"She's your mom too brother. When would you accept her?", She asked.

"I've to go now. I'm in my office. I'll come this weekend to meet you", I said.

"Ok, I'll tell mom", she said happily and hang up. I sighed and placed my mobile on my table.

June Calvin, my stepmom and Jessica's biological mother. She came into our lives when my mom died. She's my stepmom and I don't like her, although she behaved nicely with me but she's not my real mom and she had caused a gap between me and my father.

The time my dad used to give me were replaced by her and her care. She always remains ill and is a very careless lady about her health. People say that stepmom can never love you like your real mom and she's not the different case but the only happiness she gave me is Jessica.

I don't hate her but I can't give her the place of my mom. She's a lady whom my dad had married and I respect her but I can't accept her as my mom.

Brushing all thoughts aside J focused on my work again. My assistant Mrs Haldie came into my cabin with a letter in her hand.

"What's the matter Mrs Haldie", I asked looking above my laptop.

"Uh, sir I want to tell you something", she said.

"Yes, I'm listening", I said still typing on my laptop.

"I'm resigning", she said making me stop all of a sudden. I looked up and she gave me the letter and said,"Here's my resignation".

"But why do you want to quit the job?", I asked taking the letter from her.

"My husband had got this great job in America and we've to leave next week so I'm resigning. I'll come one more week in this office", she said.

"Ok Mrs Haldie, I understand. I hope that you will have a nice time in America and please give us the opportunity to give a farewell party for you", I said and she smiled.

"Sure sir. Thanks", she said and left with a smile.

After she left, I arched back on my chair. Now, I've to start with all those interviews and all for a new assistant. Mrs Haldie was the perfect assistant anyone could have and I don't know if anyone could be that good. It's so tiring also, gosh, I hate hiring people.

I called my receptionist and asked her to add information about a vacancy for the personal assistant and set the interviews after two days and she nodded.

I finished my office work and left the building for home. But I was late today, it was already ten at night and I was starving. Perks of being workaholic that you've to skip food and then die out of starvation.

I was walking towards my car only when I bumped into someone. I cursed under my breath because when I'm starving, I'm in my worst mood.

"What is the problem with you?", I asked looking at that idiot person.

"Sorry, buddy. I didn't see you, my mistake", a young boy of almost my age and a little shorter than me said.

"It's ok. Just watch out man", I said and he nodded.

"I'm sorry", he said and left. I moved to my car and came back home all hungry.

I pressed the lift button of my building to got up and as soon as it opened, Miss Stranger came out.

"Wohoo, what are you doing here Mr Orchid?", She asked.

"Just passing by so I thought to see how a lift looks like", I said sarcastically and she chuckled.

"You looks cute when you're all angry. Why so bad mood?", She asked chirping. She was looking normal today.

"Shut up. I'm not cute, I'm not a baby who looks cute. You could've said that you look hot", I said and she started laughing hard with tears flowing down her eyes.

"What?", I asked.

"Oh my god, you're so cute Mr Orchid", she said in between laughs.

"Leave it, I'm going. I'm starving", I said.

"Oh, so you live here. I didn't know that", she said.

"What are you doing here?", I asked.

"I actually came to see a friend of mine to give him this pasta but he's not here", she said.

"Cool, I've to go", I said and pressed the lift button.

"You could eat pasta if you want", she said.

"I always eat healthy food. Thanks but I don't need it", I said and she shrugged her shoulder.

"Ok, Mr Possesive, go and eat your healthy meal. I'm going, bye", she said and left the building and I moved to my lift and pressed the seventh floor. I saw her back whilst she was leaving.

Don't know how many friends she has!!

🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹

"Thanks for coming. We'll give you a call if anything decided", I said to the girl sitting in front of me and gave her file back to her.

"Thanks", she said and left the cabin and I passed her a smile.

I'm taking interviews for the post of personal assistant but no one is seeming that perfect for me. Some had experience but they're way too flirty and some are decent but lacks experience.

I need a perfect girl whom I can appoint as my assistant. Any immature or 'trying to seduce your boss' types girls are just out of my list.

I called out for another candidate. I opened her file and I couldn't believe my eyes. It says " Eva Peterson". How could she be here? She's a chef, right? She worked in a restaurant, didn't she?

"May I come in?", I heard.

"Come in", I said and she walked inside but her face colour disappeared seeing me.

"You? Are you the CEO of this company?", She asked with wide eyes.

Gosh, why is she so stupid?

"I think so, were you expecting someone else?", I asked.

"Oh, sorry. I'm sorry Mr Calvin but I should go", she said.

"Wait, I've not taken your interview yet", I said.

"But I don't want to give any interview. I've to go", she said.

"Listen, this is my office and you've come here to give me the interview. Now, behave like a professional. If you're not interested in this job then why the hell have you wasted my time?", I asked a bit angrily because of her.

"I didn't.. You're right. I'm sorry", she said. She was hiding something from me.

She sat on the chair and I checked out her profile. Eva Peterson, age twenty-four years. She had done her master's in business studies from America and her schooling too.

She's American!!

"So, you're not a chef. Why did you lie to me?", I asked.

"Are personal questions allowed?", She asked raising her eyebrows and I understood her point. Damn it, this girl is very weird and clever also.

"You're a resident of America then why are you searching for a job in London?", I asked.

"I've shifted here because of some personal reasons and I have a work experience of one year at Loreal company also", she said and I saw it in her résumé.

"The reason for leaving that job?", I asked.

"They didn't pay much", she said shrugging her shoulder.

"So, you're here for this job for money?", I asked.

"Yes. I haven't applied for this job even, my friend applied it for me because I was jobless", she said.

"It means you don't want this job?", I asked.

"I do if it wasn't you", she said.

"Excuse me? You're crossing your limits now. What do you mean if I weren't here? ", I said.

"See, I'm sorry but the thing is you're not unknown to me. I can't be professional in front of you and I don't want to be someone's personal assistance also. I needed money that's why I came for this interview. But, it's you who turned out to be my boss and I also want you to give it to someone who is more mature and I don't have any experiences of assisting someone and I ain't interested in doing this also. That's what I want to say", she said all in one go and I kept looking at her.

"And if I still want to give you this job then?", I asked.

"Then, I'll be thankful but I don't need this job out of pity. I'm able to get a good job with my qualifications", she said.

"Ok, I'll give you a call if anything decided. Thanks for coming", I said and return her file.

"Thanks", she took the file and then give me a red rose.

"Why are you giving it to me Miss. Rose?", I asked and she chuckled.

"Mr Orchid, I'm giving this rose because my grandma used to say that whenever you meet any new person, give them something. Never go bare handed", she said tilting the rose towards me.

I took it from her and said, "But what am I going to do with this rose? And what benefit would it cause it to you?", I asked and she smiled.

"Happiness", she said.

"How?", I asked.

"Whenever you'll see a rose in future from now, you'll remember me and maybe a smile makes it's way on your face because I know you would think of me as a weird girl. Everyone does, big deal. Still, you'll smile and would remember me. It would give me happiness that someone is happy because of me", she said.

"Isn't it way too bookish lines?", I said.

"Maybe. I'm a very selfish person you see, I want people to remember me by any means and that whenever they think about me, they always smile", she said and then got up.

And very talkative also, I thought.

"Nice meeting you Mr Calvin, bye", she again said and I just nodded.

You're interesting, I thought!!

-------------------------------

Hey cupcakes!! How's the chapter?

Do lemme know.

Vote, comments and share.

Instagram: soul.musical

Keep reading..
Love you all..
Aana.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.4K 1.7K 20
Completed! TRUST IS THE ROOT OF ALL RELATIONSHIP! When life makes u stand on that position which u didn't even thought in your worst nightmares What...
285 30 4
Two highschoolers Eva and Adam meet each other in their senior years. Eva is one of the famous girls of the school. She is a hardworking student but...
2.4K 101 46
" I am sorry!" I apologized sobbing. I mean what else I could have done. He caught me red handed.so the only way out was to cry. It had worked for me...
432K 13.3K 53
17 year old Hope moves to Massachusetts when her Dad takes a job at Harvard University. she never expected the attraction she feels toward her new En...