Coming to a different world...

By SilverK004

The 17-year-old Toru Kakazu gets bullied every day at school. One day, a magic circle appears in his classro... More

Chapter 1 - Transported to another world
Chapter 2 - The useless one
Chapter 3+4
Chapter 5 - Silverhorn (I)
Chapter 6 - Silverhorn (II)
Chapter 7 - Demon
Chapter 8 - Ogre Village
Chapter 10 - Demi-God
Chapter 11 - The Girl in the Dungeon
Chapter 12 - Companion
Chapter 13 - Wrath
Chapter 14 - Dragon
Chapter 15 - Floor 99
Chapter 16 - Will you
Chapter 17 - Question
Chapter 18 - Exit
Chapter 19 - Exit (2)
Chapter 20 - Calluado
Chapter 21 - Calluado (2)
Chapter 22 - Calluado (3)
Chapter 23 - Calluado (4)
Chapter 24 - Invitation
Chapter 25- Maria
Chapter 26 - Maria (2)
Chapter 27- Premonition
Chapter 28 - Party
Chapter 29- Royal Problems
Chapter 30- Emergency
Chapter 31- Beast Horde
Chapter 32 - Seven Sin Commander
Chapter 33 - Return of a spider
Chapter 34 - Don't bother us
Chapter 35 - Tooruuu~
Chapter 36 - Red Skull (1)
Chapter 37 - Red Skull (2)
Chapter 38 - Hiruyis' punch
Chapter 39 - It's alright I guess
Chapter 40 - They're just animals, no? (1)
Chapter 41 - They're just animals, no? (2)
Chapter 42 - They're just animals, no? (3)
Chapter 43 - They're just animals, no? (4)
Chapter 44 - White fluff
Chapter 45 - White Fluff (2)
Chapter 46 - The Warrior, the Assassin & the Mediator
Chapter 47 - Siracte
Chapter 48 - Myhn
Chapter 49 - Kita
Chapter 50 - Back-up
Chapter 51 - Departure
Chapter 52 - Encampment (I)
Chapter 53 - Encampment (II)
Character List
Chapter 54: Encampment (III)
Chapter 55 - Sunrise
Chapter 56 - One of the Seven (I)
Chapter 57 - One of the Seven (II)
Chapter 58 - One of the Seven (III)
Chapter 59 - Second (I)
Chapter 60 - Second (II)
Chapter 61 - Him
Chapter 62 - Zent
Chapter 63 - Plans

Chapter 9 - Ogre King

35.5K 1.2K 778
By SilverK004

Erigo the Ogre King:

The ruler of all ogres. His power is many times greater than a normal ogre, and is a huge threat to other lifeforms. Erigo gained the favorability of the Demon Gods, so much they gifted him with many strong skills.

Lvl. 103
Class: none
Titles: [King]; [Bearer of Sinctar's soul]
Stats:
HP: 207903/207903
MP: 70427/70427
STR: 96572/96572
VIT: 68401/68401
SPD: 46794/46794
MRES: 16060/16060

Skills: [Hammer of An'gtes]; [Shield of Gynsto]; [Spirit of Fariehe]; [Limit Expansion]; [Cursed Flame of Sinctar]
______________________________________

Sh*t!!
He's really many times stronger than normal ogres, I thought.
The Sword and Cursed skills were obviously for attack, while the Shield skill was for defense.
But, as for what the Spirit skill did, I wasn't sure.
Yet, I felt really uncomfortable with that [Limit Expansion] skill.
I was sure it'd be troublesome.
Unfortunately, I couldn't see more details about the skills unless I owned them.

"Tch!"
I clacked my tongue in frustration and slowly walked towards the Ogre King.

When the Ogre King saw me entering the hall, he stood up and took an enormous hammer standing next to him.
The hammer was almost 2 meters (6,4 ft.) long and was obviously really heavy, but the Ogre King picked it up like it was a wooden stick.

He then walked down the few steps in front of his throne and looked at me.

I had stopped moving forward and connected my eyes with his.
Upon seeing I didn't back down, he suddenly started to shout:

"ဤဥ၌၆၎င်းွ၍ဏ၀၍ဒံဤဣ၎င်း!!!!!!"

I didn't understand what the Ogre was saying, so I didn't react in the slightest.
When I didn't react, he got angered and accelerated while swinging his hammer.
But, my stats were still higher than his, so I jumped backwards, evading his hammer by a large margin.

WHAMM!!!

The hall shook as the hammer broke the stone floor and debris flew around.
I raised my arms to protect me from the debris, but nothing hit me.
At the same time, I saw the Ogre King once again attacking me.
This time, the King used a horizontal sweep with his hammer, but I put a lot of force in my legs and jumped up, right over the head of the King.
This time, I could properly control the force in my legs and landed right behind the King.
I turned around and cut with the axe, but the axe wasn't strong enough and upon hitting the King's back, the axe's blade chipped.

"F*CK!!"
I cursed and immediately took several steps backwards, creating quite a large gap between the King and myself.

The skin of the King really was hard.
I hadn't noticed with the other ogres because I used to much force, but their hide is actually extremely durable and strong. Seeing the axe had no effect, I threw it to the side of the hall.

A smile appeared on my face.
Now that I know physical attacks have less effect than I had expected, I'll use some magic...

When the King saw I wasn't in front of him anymore, he turned around only to see flashes of blue, red and brown heading towards him.

I couldn't help but sigh,
even though his stats are good, he's just way too stupid.

BAM!
BAM!
BAM!
.....

Impact after impact hit the Ogre King.
His HP rapidly declined.
After about seven strikes of my magic, I saw he was weak to Ice and Fire magic.
I smiled and said:
"[Crescent Sun and Moon]".

Arrows of fire and ice were formed around me and rapidly shot towards the Ogre King.

But, the arrows never hit the Ogre King. A large golden shield was formed around him, protecting him from the arrows.

I became rather worried.
This must be his [Shield of Gynsto] Skill.
It was a shield that didn't let anything through.
If all the rest of his skills were as overpowered as this one, I might be in trouble, I thought.

As I was pondering what to do next, a red aura started to emit from the Ogre King. The Ogre King suddenly accelerated much faster than I had forseen, and the large hammer swung towards my chest.
In a reflex, I was able to put my arms in front of me, but I still got hit by the hammer.

WHAMM!!

I flew in a straight line into the wall. I immediately vomitted blood and I could barely move my arms.
Sh*t, I thought, the aura is [Limit Expansion]. Although I knew this might happen, I didn't expect the Ogre King to become so much stronger.

Looking at my Status, I saw that one hit had depleted my HP by almost 30.000.
My HP didn't even reach 160.000, so I could only take another four hits.
I hurriedly took out the Recovery Stone and filled my HP bar back to full.
Meanwhile, the Ogre King looked really angry at me but patiently waited for me to finish preparations.
Seems like the no-brain Ogre King wants a fair fight.

I smiled but my eyes stayed focused on the Ogre King.
I unsheathed my sword.
[Accelerate],[SPD Enhancement Advanced], I mumbled.

I quickly ran towards the King, jumped up and swung my sword into his neck.
Even though I was a bit faster than him because of [Accelerate] and [SPD Enhancement Advanced], the king raised his hammer just in time to block my attack.
I smiled.

[Ice Beam], I said and from the tip of my sword a blueish beam shot towards the King's face.

"AAAAARRGGHHH!!!"

The King's scream made my left ear deaf for a while as the Ice beam hit the Ogre King in his eye.

The King dropped his hammer and held the frozen part of his face with his hands.

I landed and ran as fast as I could towards the King, taking hold of the hammer and swinging it into his abdomen.

BAAAAMMMM!!

A loud crashing sound echoed through the hall as the King flew right through a pillar into the wall behind it.
Looking at its Status, I saw he had only 8204 HP left of the 207903 HP he had at the beginning of the fight.

Suddenly, black signs started to appear on the Ogre King's body.
One after another, black letters from a language I didn't know slid over the King's body.
The signs started to grow from his abdomen and expanded slowly towards all his limbs and even his head. His eyes turned blood-red, emitting a faint glow.
His muscles expanded and the King's height almost doubled.
A large flow of killing intent was sent out from him, sending a chill down my spine.

Looking at the King's Status, a major change had occured.

[ Sinctar's Soul:
Lvl: 179
Class: [God Soul Fragment]
Stats:
HP: 147.208/346.907
MP: 79.528/105.865
STR: 236.701
VIT: 185.728
SPD: 53.481
MRES: 155.729

Skills: [God Slash]; [Impact Smash]; [Earth Break]; [Demon Summoning Beginner]

"Are you f*cking kidding me?!?", I cursed. "How is this even fair? You're about to lose so you change yourself into a part of a God?!"

I was really pissed but also quite scared. Not only did he become much stronger, his magic resistance and speed even went up.

BAAMM!!

The possessed King stood up and made the hall shudder with just a single step.

He suddenly accelerated and swung his fist towards me.
I wasn't able to react properly and was hit in my chest.
I felt several bones breaking and was launched backwards.
I hit the wall, but I flew too hard and too fast, so I burst right through the wall and landed in between a couple of houses.

My vision was a bit blurry and my chest hurt a lot, but I managed to once again stand up and saw the King leisurely strolling over like he was taking a walk in a park.

I looked to my side and saw my sword lying close.
I walked towards it and picked it up.

Immediately, I accelerated and used [Swift Slash].
The King saw it coming but he didn't bother dodging and put his arm up to protect himself.
Seeing that, right before striking, I changed my forward grip quickly in a backwards grip and used the [Stab] skill.
Due to my change of grip, my sword swung lower than King had expected and the sword was able to pierce his abdomen.
Right after the [Stab], I started to retreat but King didn't let me.

A red glow enveloped his arm.

WAAMM!!

His arm swung down at an unprecedented speed, launching me once again into the village.
This time, I crashed into one of the houses, making the wall break and the house collapsed right on top of me.

I managed to stay conscious, but saw I had lost the Recovery Stone.
Looking at my health, I only had 1043 HP left.
One strike of the King would be enough to kill me.

Fear struck me as I realised I might die here.
But I quickly cast away that thought.
I needed to live.
I had sworn to myself to survive!

Once again motivated, I pushed aside the debris lying on top of me and stood up.

My sword lied really far away from me, so I couldn't use it.
The only things left to fight were my fists and my magic.

Thinking about what I could do, an idea started to form inside my head.

Meanwhile, King was still calmly walking over like he had all the time in the world. My earlier [Stab] had no sigificant effect.

The plan I had thought up was risky, but with a bit of luck, it'd work out.
Or so I hoped.

I took a large stone from the debris in each hand and took a position to throw them towards King.
King saw this, but didn't see the need to react to it.

SWIIISHH!!!!

The first stone left my hand and flew towards Kings head.
King brought up his hand to catch the stone with a mocking smile on his face. Then:

"Freeze!!!"

I yelled loudly.
The stone I threw suddenly started to transform into a large ice cone and pierced King's hand heading straight for his left eye.
In a pure reflex King managed to bend his neck forward, so that the cone only grazed him.
But at that moment:

"Freeze!!!"

Once again an ice cone headed for King's eye.
Since he was still moving, he bended forward with all of his body, evading the second cone.

"AAAARRRRGGGGHHH"

King roared in pain.
While King was busy evading the stones/ ice cones, I had circled around him and pierced his back with a spear made of ice. The spear pierced through King's body, skewering his heart and leaving his body through the front.

With my [Divine Eye], I could see his HP plummeting at an astounding rate.
Before King could even think about doing something about the spear, his HP had reached 0 and he died.

In a lot of pain, I fell down on my butt.
And I started to laugh.

"Hahahahahahaha!!"

My voice echoed through the large cave filled with corpses.
I tried to laugh all my troubles and fear away but quickly stopped as my chest hurt too much.
I stood up again and went back to the hall to find my recovery stone.

At last, after 30 minutes of looking while having a lot of pain, I found it.
I poured in almost all of my leftover mana and recovered all of my health.

Then, as I was feeling a lot better, I started to search the houses.

There were 11 buildings in the village. The largest building was the hall, the second largest was a warehouse and the third largest a house filled with weapons. There was also a smithy and a library. The other buildings were all just regular houses. All of the insides of the buildings were tattered and didn't look all too nice, except for the  library, that looked like it had never been used before.

Although I was quite tired, I decided to look around the library.
In the middle of the library was a bookstand and a book was placed upon it.
It was a gorgeous black book, decorated with gold.
There was an illustration of a seal on it and a title in a language I didn't know, maybe Ogre or something.

I slowly neared the book and stretched out my fingers.
Then, I placed a finger on top of the book.

Immediately, the book swung open and page after page was turned until it reached the end of the book.
Then, the book slightly elevated, turned around and laid still once more.

~Ding~
You learned the language of the Ogres.

~Ding~
You learned the language of the Orcs.

~Ding~
You learned the language of the Vampires.

~Ding~
You learned the language of the Giants.

~Ding~
You learned the language of the Draconians.

....

Message after message appeared in front of me.
Then, at last, a final message appeared.

~Ding~
You have learned all Demonic Languages. You have earned the title {Demonic Tongue}.

Title?

I opened my Status once more:

______________________________________

Name: Toru Kakazu
Gender: male
Age: 17
Race: Demon
Class: [Grim Reaper]
Titles: [King Slaughterer]; [Demonic Tongue]
Lvl: 9
Stats:
HP: 304.700/304.700
MP: 9.036/107.934
STR: 399.104
VIT: 328.998
SPD: 106.195
MRES: 183.220

Skills: [Reaper]-[Devourer of Life];
[Eyes of Death Incarnation]; [Shadow Step]; [SPD Enhancement Advanced]; [Divine Eye]; [Indestructible Stomach]; [Howl]; [Sword Mastery Intermediate]-[Combo]; [Close Combat Beginner]; [Accelerate]; [Spear Mastery Intermediate]; [Stab]; [Swift Slash]; [Blunt Weapon Mastery]; [Heavy Smash]; [Horizontal Slash]; [Fire Magic]; [Wind Magic]; [Blacksmithing Intermediate]; [Tailoring Intermediate]; [Cooking Advanced]; [No-Chant]; [Water Magic]; [Earth Magic]; [Light Magic]; [God Slash]; [Earth Break]; [Impact Smash]; [Demon Summoning Beginner]
______________________________________

"What the hell!?!", I shouted.
"[King Slaughterer], [Demonic Tongue]?? Who wants Titles like that? It's like I'm some bad guy!"

Not all too happy, I looked at the book once more.
This time I could read it with ease, it was vampiric language.

"The Majestic Demon Race"

I tried touching it again, but this time it didn't react.
I opened the book but not a single page had words.
The book was empty.
Weird..., I thought.

~Ding~
This book has met the conditions to become your personal Grimoire. Would you like to set this book as your Grimoire?

The sudden notice startled me, but in the end I decided to confirm.

Then, the book started to shine and a black aura appeared from it.
After a while the book became normal once again, but the Title had changed.
The language was now Ancient Demon language, and a large dragon was pictured on it.
It said:
"Demonic Grimoire"

The moment I tried to touch the book, it vapored in a black mist and entered my body.

~Ding~
You have contracted an SS-Rank Grimoire. You can now Summon and Unsummon it at any time and at any place.

Then, I said:
"Grimoire"

The Grimoire appeared right in front of me.
It opened with just thinking about it, which was quite cool.
There were three pages with text.

The first:
______________________________________

Magic Level: S-rank
Amount of Mage-level Spells: I
Amount of Saint-level Spells: 0
Amount of God-level Spells: 0

Amount of known Spells: VI

Amount of Custom Spells: I

______________________________________

On the second page it said how many elements I could control, which was 5, and on the third page stood all of my known spells.

After studying it for a while, I unsummoned my Grimoire.

Then, I felt I was quite tired, so I entered one of the Ogre houses and laid down on the bed (which was quite clean if you know it's been used by an ogre before) to sleep.

______________________________________

Happy Newyear everyone!!!
This is an extra update to celebrate Newyear's Eve.
Enjoy!!
See you in 2017!!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.3K 264 42
Thomas Hawthorne is a forty-year-old former navy seal, mixed martial arts fighter, and foreman at a construction company. After his parents' untimely...
58 24 52
When Zalan falls asleep to escape the pain of his relationship with his mother, he awakens in a vivid fantasy world teeming with Elementals, deadly m...
274K 7.6K 52
Sora Takahashi died saving his classmate from Truck-kun. Instead of moving on to the afterlife, he was given a choice by the Goddess of Worlds. He co...
1.8K 503 85
[ATLAS GRANDEUR - Book One] Year 476 A.F.W. Morio, a young Morian from Mistwick sets out to become a Demonear, someone with the ability to slaughter...