An Almost Fairy Tale [Complet...

By dezmarron

Lyric has a child and realizes she's not attracted to men anymore. Then she runs into a woman whom she met ye... More

First Four Characters
All Characters
Prologue
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
NEW CHARACTERS
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
Epilogue

10

213 7 2
By dezmarron

We had just finished lunch and I was putting everything in my truck while Rosa played with Luke. Rosa picked up Luke and walked over to me.

"I love you both so much, " Rosa said kissing Luke's head and my lips. We get into the car and I start to drive home. Rosa and I hear Luke talking so we turned down the radio and stayed quiet so we could listen. Luke has always had trouble speaking, but he said 'Mama' twice.

"M-m-mo-mom-mmy" Mommy? Was he trying to say Mommy? I had only ever heard him say 'Mama' before and he could say it perfectly fine.

"Baby? Did he just say Mommy!?"

"I think so!"

"Oh my gosh!" She started freaking out and I held her hand to sooth her.

"Calm down babe. I know this is new for you, but you are gonna have to learn that freaking out won't get you anywhere. It's okay to get excited though." All of a sudden, Rosa's phone rang which made us both jump. Her ringtone was an upbeat Spanish song and it made Luke laugh and clap. Rosa picked up her phone and saw that it was her parents. She pressed the answer button and put the phone to her ear.

"Hola Papa y Mama cómo estás? ... Quieres que vaya ahora mismo?...Si, si yo habré terminado...Okay hasta luego!" She hung up and the phone and looked at me with a smile. "You two will be meeting my parents today!"

............

We pulled up to her parents house. They wanted to have a late lunch. Rosa walked up to the door and unlocked it with her spare key.

"Mama! Papa!"

"Rosalina!"

"Te extrañé mucho!"

"Te extrañamos también. Cómo ha estado trabajando el trabajo y cómo está tu relación con Lyric?"

"Ah, muy bien!"

"Lyric how are you sweetheart? I haven't seen you since graduation day!"

"I'm doing great Mrs. Flores. How are you?"

"I'm doing fine thank you."

"So Lyric." Mr. Flores starts, "I see you have taken a liking to my daughter. She's a gentle girl so please don't hurt her."

"PAPA!" Rosa yelled punching his arm.

"And you must be Lucas." Mrs. Flores said picking him up. "He's so beautiful Lyric."

"Oh. Thank you."

"Now let's sit down for lunch." said Mr. Flores. Mrs. Flores sat Lucas down in a highchair.

"Mama that's my old highchair! You kept it all these years?"

"Yes Mija. It holds precious memories."

"Awwww Mama you're so sweet."

"El almuerzo se sirve!" Mr. Flores said sitting down the food.

"Lyric, this is arroz y frijoles con pollo!" said Mrs. Flores. Rosa looked over at me and saw I had a confused look on my face.

"It's just rice and beans with chicken babe." she whispered in my ear. Rosa kissed my cheek, lingering for a few. She then got up and gave Luke a spoonful of rice. Luke was a picky so I assumed he wouldn't like it. He soon began to clap his hands and made grabby hands asking Rosa for more. Rosa began to feed him from her plate until her mother put one in front of Luke he could have his own.

"Babe, he can feed himself you know you don't have to feed him."

"Oh, just let them be Lyric, it's cute!" Mrs. Flores laughed. I got up and wrapped my arms around Rosa. Seeing her being so motherly to Luke, it just made me wanna have more kids with her.

"Awwwwww." Rosa beamed at me.

"Did I say that out loud again? Damn I really gotta stop doing that."

"It was cute baby."

"You three are so adorable!" Mrs. Flores yelled. "I'm gonna take a picture!" Rosa smiled at the camera but her mother stopped.

"This time Rosa you don't have to look at the camera. It's a candid mija."

"Oh! Okay Mama."

"Mrs. Flores, thanks so much for taking a few pictures."

"Please, Lyric, call me Carina."

"Carina Maria Flores! Your name is so spicy Mama. You're so latina." Rosa laughed. "Lyric, look at the time." Checking my watch, I noticed that it was 5 o'clock in the evening. "Mama, Papa we should really get going."

"Goodbye my loves." Carina hugged us tightly as Mr. Flores stood.

"Rosa, you take care of yourself. Lyric, it was so good to see you again."

"You too, Mr. Flores."

"Alex." He laughed.

"Okay. You too, Alex."

...........

It was 6:30 when we got back home. Traffic was terrible everywhere. It should have only taken us 45 minutes. Rosa and Luke had fallen asleep in the car. They looked so adorable. I feel so lucky. This is the life I want to wake up to. The love of my life and my son -- my life, together. I got out of the car and I grabbed Luke and his things. I quickly laid him on my bed and rushed back out to find Rosa sound asleep. I picked her up and carried her inside. I took her upstairs and laid her on the bed. I then laid down and put Luke on my chest while Rosa curled up next to me. I listened to them quietly snore and I kissed both their foreheads. I pulled the blanket over the three of us because they both looked cold. 

..........

I couldn't fall asleep, so I just watched them. Luke started to stir. I picked him up so he wouldn't disturb Rosa and took him to the bathroom. Turning on the water in the tub, I undressed Luke. I put his clothes in the hamper and placed him in the tub. He started to splash around in the water and giggle making me smile. I sat on the edge of the tub and began to wash Luke.

"Baby? Where are you?" I heard Rosa call.

"I'm giving Luke a bath." She walked into the bathroom and I saw she had changed into her pajamas.

"Do you need any help babe?" she said sitting next to me. Luke looked up and made grabby hands at Rosa.

"M-mom-mommy!" he cheered.

"Hi Lukey-baby!" Rosa said smiling and waving. Then she gave him a kiss on his cheek. Taken aback, I step out of the bathroom. "Lyric?" Rosa called to me. "Lyric, babe where'd you go?" She stuck her head out of the bathroom seeing me sitting in the hallway. "Lyric, what's wrong?" She stepped out of the bathroom holding Luke in a towel.

"I'm fine babe."

"No you're not. Baby, you're crying." Rosa put Luke on the ground and took my hand. I didn't even realize that I was crying. "Luke, can you go get your underwear for Mommy?" Luke nodded his head and crawled away. I had put his clothes on his bed earlier. "Now Lyric, what is the problem?"

"You."

"Me?"

"Yes you."

"What did I do?"

"Luke loves you more." After saying that I ran to my closet and locked the door. I heard Rosa sigh and walk away.

"Luke do you have your clothes on?" I heard her call to him. "Let's go get something to eat okay? It's only 7."

"Mommy!"

"Yes my love."

"Where mama?"

"Mama is sad right now." I guess Luke made a confused face because Rosa responded with "She thinks you love me more than her. Do you love me more than her?" And I guess he nodded. "Luke you shouldn't say that about your mama! She loves you more than anything sweetheart. I guess I know what I have to do now." I heard her walking towards me and she sighed. "Lyric, I think it's best if I move out. I don't want Lucas to love me more than you. You are his actual mother, I'm just some girl that wants to be a mother. I'm gonna pack up my things and I'm gonna go stay at a hotel until I can find a place." I heard her start to cry. I didn't know what to do so I just sat there until someone knocked on the closet door.

"Mama?" I unlocked and opened the door to find Luke sitting there. "Mama sad" he said giving me grabby hands. I picked him up and hugged and kissed him all over his face. He started to giggle and drool so I set him down on the bed and wiped his mouth. I realised that Rosa was gone. I tried to call her but she didn't answer. I saw a note on the bed and skimmed through. Rosa didn't want to get in the way of me and Luke so she left; that she can't be with me anymore. I didn't mean for her to leave. I never wanted her to, I just--I don't even know what I was thinking. Of course Luke doesn't love her more than me, he's only 2. I know he said he did, but he doesn't know anything; he nods to everything. I just got the second best thing in my life and now she's gone. What the hell am I gonna do now?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.3K 518 43
Completed 04/11/23 [CHAPTERS ARE SCHEDULED FOR EVERY SATURDAY 10AM UK] Harley Bennett thought she had the perfect life, stable job and a loving boyf...
438K 15.4K 25
Blossom and Bloom Graceful and Tender - She couldn't believe her ears, or her eyes. Her husband, the man she loves, the father of her unborn baby, wa...
562K 15.4K 78
A butler was the job description. Do what he wants. Get what he desires. That's all I have to do, but suddenly, I am thrown into a completely differe...
39.5K 1.4K 11
▪︎A single father who has given up on love and put a pause on his life to give his daughter everything she could ever dream of and somehow keeping he...