An Almost Fairy Tale [Complet...

By dezmarron

Lyric has a child and realizes she's not attracted to men anymore. Then she runs into a woman whom she met ye... More

First Four Characters
All Characters
Prologue
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
NEW CHARACTERS
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
Epilogue

9

226 9 1
By dezmarron

I awoke to banging downstairs. It wasn't coming from the door, but a window. Sighing, I walked downstairs. I knew who it was. Jeremiah. Lucas' father. You know that saying, "anyone can be a father but it takes someone special to be a daddy"? Well, I think it was written about him.

"Lyric, baby. How have you been?"

"Jeremiah I'm not your baby and Luke isn't here right now."

"WHERE THE HELL IS MY SON!?"

"OH SO NOW HE'S YOUR SON?"

"ANSWER THE DAMN QUESTION."

"HE'S AT MY DAD'S JEREMIAH."

"Call him right now and tell him to get my son here. NOW!"

"I really don't have to listen to you."

"Lyric? Is everything alright, I heard yelling."

"Who's this puta?"

"WHO THE HELL ARE YOU CALLING PUTA?" Rosa lunged at him. She started screaming at him in Spanish catching him off guard. I don't know what she was saying but damn it was sexy and it sure was putting Jeremiah in his place.

"You need to take your Mexican ass back to Mexico and stay the hell out of this conversation! This is none of your business!"

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN THIS IS NONE OF MY BUSINESS!? I GET WOKEN UP BY YOU, A POOR EXCUSE FOR A FATHER, BECAUSE YOU SUDDENLY WANT TO SEE YOUR SON? NEWS FLASH PAPI! LYRIC IS OVER YOUR SORRY ASS. SHE'S WITH ME NOW SO I'M GONNA NEED YOU TO GET THE HELL OUT OF MY FACE AND LEAVE!"

"Lyric, where did you find her dumbass? Did you catch her crossing the border? Is she an illegal? Does she understand English?"

"WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY!?" Suddenly Rosa took a deep breath and calmed herself down. "You know what? Call me a dumbass Mexican that doesn't speak English, but guess what I have your girl. She's MY girlfriend now. And on top of that, we live together, and soon we will get married and live happily ever after." she said with a smile. "So you can hate on me all you want because bitch, I have want you don't, and it's always gonna be that way. I need you to get off my property before I personally make you."

"I'm sorry...you must have me mistaken for someone who gives a damn! What are you gonna do Mami, hit me with your tiny ass little hands? Curse me out in Mexican? Well guess what? I'm not scared of your little midget ass."

"You don't have to be. You can be scared of this though!" Rosa pulled out pepper spray and sprayed Jeremiah's eyes. "Now get the hell away from here and don't come back you bastard!" She slammed the door shut and hugged me. "I'm sorry Lyric."

"Why are you sorry? That was amazing! I would have never stood up to him like that!"

"I just hate that he hurt you so much. I hate that he made you question your self worth." I didn't respond just hung my head. "Lyric can I show you something?"

"Sure?" Taking her hand, she led me upstairs to my bathroom. She stood me in front of the mirror and traced along my face.

"Lyric, you are the most beautiful girl I have ever met. I never want you to think otherwise."

"Okay."

"Not just okay. Promise me?"

"Rosa I-"

"Promise me Lyric or I'll cry."

"Well I don't want you to cry love."

"Then promise me."

"Okay, I promise."

"Thank you." Rosa jumped on me, wrapping her legs around my waist. "Can we go get Luke?"

"B-"

"Pleaseeeeee. We can go on a family picnic."

"That just made me so happy."

"Why?"

"You called it a family picnic."

"We are one, aren't we?"

"Of course."

..........

I was getting dressed, while Rosa was making lunch for the picnic. She had already gotten dressed earlier but I was procrastinating. I walked downstairs to find Rosa in the kitchen. She was wearing black leggings that fit her perfectly, a white crop top, and white Adidas. She had her hair down and her beautiful locks went down her back. She also wore a black and white snapback on her head completing her outfit. Her phone was playing Spanish music, the type you would hear in a club. She danced around moving her hips to hips to the music. I watched as she went back and forth through the kitchen as she was making lunch. I walked back upstairs not wanting to interrupt her. Plus I was procrastinating again because I was still in my pajamas. I went into my room and rummaged through my clothes. Finally I settled on jeans, my superman t-shirt and my converse. Once again, I walked down the stairs and to find Rosa dancing in the kitchen. I walk in wrapping my arms around her.

"Are you having fun Love?" She giggled, putting the last thing into the picnic basket. "Where did you find a basket?"

"I've had this since I was little--I mean younger." I laughed. It's cute how insecure she is about her height.

"Well, we should get going Love." I spun her around to look at me. "And you don't have to worry about your height. You're perfect." I said kissing her.

"I was worried I was too short for you because you're at least 6 inches taller than me."

"You are perfect you hear me? Don't forget it!"

"Thank you baby." she said blushing. We walked to the car hand in hand. Rosa was about to get in until she quickly handed me the basket and ran back into the house. She then came back out with 2 leather jackets. They were both black and they looked exactly the same.

"What are these for?"

"Us. I was worried that we would get chilly so I brought us jackets."

"You're such a mom." I said laughing. "Where did you find this? It fits me perfectly." I say putting it on.

"I bought it for me, but it was too big. I took it back to the store and they said "no refunds" so I just bought another in my size and kept this one."

"I love it! Can I keep it?"

"It's yours baby." We got in the car and I pulled off with Rosa's hand in mine.

...................

We arrived at my dad's apartment building. Rosa and I walked in and towards the elevators. I quickly shot my dad a text and we walked into the elevator. Rosa and I were still holding hands, but she started to squeeze mine a little.

"What's wrong Babygirl?"

"I'm a bit terrified to meet your dad."

"Why are you scared love?"

"Well, he has to be amazing to produce someone like you, an amazing human being."

"He's going to love you, just like I do." Ringing the doorbell, I heard a female voice. It sounded like Ms. Fiona, Jeremiah's mother. What is she doing here?

"Coming!" My father shouted. Rosa squeezed my hand harder.

"Lyric!" He embraced me. "Rosa! I've heard so much about you. And don't worry, I already like you."

"Hello Mr. Johnson."

"Please, call me Jaxon."

"Hello Jaxon."

"Jaxon did you say Lyric's here?" Ms. Fiona called.

"Yes, babe." Babe, BABE! Who the hell is he calling babe? I started to squeeze Rosa's hand super hard causing her to wince in pain. I gave her an apologetic look. "She's right here, with her roommate Rosa." I quickly let go of Rosa's hand and hugged Ms. Fiona.

"Lyric sweetheart, how are you?"

'Hi, Ms. Fiona. I'm okay. Just here to get Luke. We're going out for a picnic."

"Okay, I'll go grab him for you." She jogged upstairs. I looked over to see Rosa staring at the ground.

"Are you okay love?"

"Why did you pull away Lyric? Are you embarrassed by me?"

"No Rosa, nothing like that."

"Then why did pull away?"

"I just-"

"Here he is! Say hi to Mama, Lucas!" Rosa stormed out of the front door. I grabbed Lucas's bag and car-seat and rushed after her.

"Thanks Dad, see you later Ms. Fiona. Rosa, Rosa. Baby, wait."

"What do you want Lyric?" She had tears streaming down her face. I unlocked my truck and placed Lucas in his carseat. Closing the door, I took a deep breath. Rosa had already made her way down the street.

"Rosa wait!" I yelled after her. I began running towards her.

"Leave me alone Lyric."

"Why are you running away?"

"BECAUSE LYRIC! YOU ARE EMBARRASSED BY ME! I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU TOLD YOUR DAD THAT I WAS JUST YOUR ROOMMATE."

"Rosa, when I talked to my dad the second time, you were just my roommate. But the third time I called him, I told him we were together. We just can't tell Ms. Fiona about LGBT things."

"Well, why the hell not."

"She's kind of a giant homophobe. But she's Luke's grandmother and I want him to be able to know her. I didn't get to know either of mine."

"Oh. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to overreact. It's just that all my past relationships ended because my girlfriends didn't wanna tell anyone that we were together. I mean, I'm proud of who I am and I just don't understand why they couldn't be too."

"I'm sorry. But just so you know, I'll never be embarrassed by you or ashamed of you."

"Promise?"

"I promise. Now baby I want you to meet someone." I said taking her hand. We walked to my truck and I opened the door and picked up Lucas. "Lucas I want you to meet Mommy!" Rosa smiled taking him out of my arms.

"Hi Lukey! You're so handsome. I can't believe you're my son now."

"Our son love." Lucas drooled all over Rosa but she didn't seem to care. She seemed to be more focused how adorable he was than anything. Lucas made grabby hands at Rosa and she pulled him for a hug. Then Lucas started chewing on her rubber bracelet. I was more like a rubber band though. "No Lucas don't do that."

"It's okay Lyric he's fine." She took it off and put it in his hands. She then set him down in his car seat and buckled him in, placing a kiss in his forehead. "Come on my babies, let's go have a picnic now."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

160K 4.8K 34
Xavier.. He has used her since they were teens. Always put on the back burner when a pretty little thing comes along that catches his eye. Will it be...
17.4K 764 28
"𝑩𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒚𝒐𝒖'𝒓𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒌𝒊𝒏𝒅 𝒐𝒇 𝒕𝒓𝒐𝒖𝒃𝒍𝒆 𝑰 𝒕𝒂𝒌𝒆 𝒉𝒐𝒎𝒆 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒕𝒊𝒆 𝒕𝒐 𝒎𝒚 𝒃𝒆𝒅. 𝑭𝒖𝒄𝒌, 𝒐𝒏 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒚 𝒔...
562K 15.3K 78
A butler was the job description. Do what he wants. Get what he desires. That's all I have to do, but suddenly, I am thrown into a completely differe...
438K 15.4K 25
Blossom and Bloom Graceful and Tender - She couldn't believe her ears, or her eyes. Her husband, the man she loves, the father of her unborn baby, wa...