Symphonia (Your Lie in April...

By rdcastillo24

(Set at the last part of the anime.) Arima Kousei collapsed after his performance in East Japan Piano Competi... More

Chapter One: A Start of A Journey
Chapter Two: Symphony of My Heart
Chapter Three: Tick-Tock
Chapter Four: Our Return Together
Chapter Five: One Wish...
Chapter Six: Kousei's Tears
Chapter Seven: Life Has Its Mysteries
Chapter Eight: Kousei's Agony
Chapter Nine: A Brand New Day
Chapter Ten: New Life
Chapter Eleven: Music of the Night
Chapter Twelve: Head Above Water
Chapter Thirteen: Hold Me
Chapter Fourteen: Tears
Chapter Fifteen: Aligning Hearts
Chapter Sixteen: Burning Fire
Chapter Seventeen: Sparkle
Chapter Eighteen: First Day of School
Chapter Nineteen: Welcome Ceremony
Chapter Twenty: Arima Takahiko's Secret
Chapter Twenty- Two: Before the Storm
Chapter Twenty- Three: Set The Truth Free
Chapter Twenty Four: Half-Brother
Chapter Twenty- Five: Life Begins With Love
Chapter Twenty- Six: Lies and Truth
Chapter Twenty- Seven: Flat Line
Chapter Twenty Eight: Rescue Me
Chapter Twenty Nine: Only Human
Chapter Thirty: In the Arms of An Angel
Chapter Thirty- One: Let Me Fall
Chapter Thirty: Two: My Existence...
Flashback: Before We Met
Our First Meeting
Symphonia: Second Chance
Thank You!!!
Art

Chapter Twenty- One: Lotus Flower

635 43 5
By rdcastillo24

A/n: I hope you like my fanfiction!

An unknown brother...
An unknown future...
The deep past they tried to hide now knocks on the doorsteps of the Arima Household. Will they be able keep hiding their secret.

Third POV:

The lovely sounds of the violin and piano echoed through the hall where Kousei and Kaori were practicing their music for their first oral exams for the first term. It had been three months since they were enrolled in Okutsu and just like everyone's first impression over the couple, they slowly became the face of the first years, along with Emi and Takeshi. They were tasked to play Wailing by Yugo Kanno. It's a new song they chose to make themselves unique from the others, anyway. They may have some enemies and people who are jealous over their growing popularity at school but the couple did not stop playing to make their lovely and sweet audience in awe of them. Whenever they perform on stage, the people are always in awe of the two of them.

Arima Kousei stopped playing after a few minutes when they heard someone knock. Miyazono Kaori noticed it, too and stopped playing the piece. She looked at Kousei and nodded. She opened their door and found out that the person knocking is Hinatsuki Rina.

"Young Master," she bowed at him and looked back.

Kousei stood up and bowed at her, too, indicating that he hasn't yet adapted in living in Tokyo and he's not used in acting as a rich boy living in the city except with Yamato Kento, his bodyguard. With Yamato, he's stoic and silent. Hinatsuki Rina chuckled happily as both of them stand up straight again. "You shouldn't have done that, young master. You're status is higher than us."

Kousei scratched his back and smiled happily. "Thanks for telling me. I should act more elegantly and according to my status, right? That's what Yamato told me when I am home. He described me as a province boy. How can I, anyway? I have been in the province for so long."

Kaori held his hand. "Don't worry about that. You'll get used to it."

"Will I ever get used to this life, anyway?" he asked Kaori.

"If you do try, anyway," she replied to him.

Kaori asked Rina, "Why are you here, anyway?"

"His father's home. He wants to see his son in his office but before that, he wanted me to check on his blood pressure," she replied. "He knows that he had been practicing his pieces with you. For now, he doesn't want his son to pressure himself to pass his exams. He just wanted to make sure he's fine and healthy."

Kousei smirked. "I don't believe that. My father's too confident in my skills. He doesn't even know how hard it was for me to return to the music world."

Hinatsuki Rina nodded and bowed at him again after she checked on Kousei's blood pressure. The results came out that his blood pressure is still at a safe level. "We have to go now, young master."

Kousei understood and organized himself and sighed. He still isn't used in living with his rich father, anyway. He had lived in the province for way too long. Kaori went along with them. Hinatsuki Rina guided them at the Center Wing and asked them to wait for Yamato Kento. Both of them nodded and waited patiently before stepping on the Center Wing's stairs going at the main second floor.

Yamato Kento guided them at the left side of the Center Wing but while they were approaching the office of Kousei's father, he halted them from getting closer since he could hear Senator Takahiko and the late, Arima Household's Chairman, Arima Akihiro arguing about something, so, he knocked at them first and suggested to Kaori that she has to put her two hands over Kousei's ears. Kousei was confused why Kaori should do it but after Kaori heard the name of the mysterious man whom Kousei wanted to know and describing him as the Arima Family's secret from the on going argument inside the office, she followed Yamazaki Kento's suggestion.

"You can't hear this. You'll be hurt," she told Kousei. She was about to put her two hands over Kousei's ears but what he did surprised Yamato and Kaori.

He knocked at the door himself and told them, "Open this door, now! Father! Stop arguing about something I should know about!!!"

The two people inside were shocked and they were both speechless.

Kousei could hear them arguing about Mitsuo.

Takahiko opened the door and found Kousei staring at them angrily. He quickly hugged his son. "We'll tell you about who he is in the future," Arima Akihiro told his grandson before he left. Kousei understood and tears fell down from his eyes, wondering how long will they keep it a secret from him.

...

That same night, when Kousei was already fast asleep inside his room, Kaori sneaked out from their own quarters to go to the library in the North Wing to find more musical scores that they could practice together. As she remembers it, they weren't allowed only in the Center Wing and the Center Wing's second floor without any permission but not at the North Wing. She was about to pass through Arima Akihiro's bedroom at the North Wing but her joyful walk was halted in the middle of the night when she heard Takahiko and Akihiro arguing once again. It was a conversation she most certainly be ashamed that she overheard.

"I can't let Mitsuo get near my son," he exclaimed towards his own father who looked at him disbelievingly.

"Mitsuo is also your son, Takahiko! You can't keep shutting him! You can deal and tell the Zarazakis that you have to tell the world about who he is!" shouted Akihiro.

"What? You know that his existence is an accident. I never wanted to have a son or a daughter with Mitsuha. I was rebelling against you at those times!"

"Time is of the essence, Takahiko. Arima Saki knew Mitsuo. She would want her son and your son from Mitsuha to meet each other but it never happened since she was sick. Let them meet, heal and end the wound of the past or a big trouble could happen. I am warning you, something could happen between the two of them. Fate is powerful and fate would do everything in its power to make things right even by using dangerous means," Arima Akihiro warned him.

"I shouldn't have played over Mitsuha's emotions. She decided not to associate herself with the Zarazakis because of what I did to her. She was beautiful. I can never forget the time I saw her for the first time. I still remember her brown hair, flowing elegantly while lying down a bed of white lotus. She sat on it and stared at my eyes when she felt my presence. Her black eyes struck my lonely heart at the time and everything went as it is. She fell in-love with me. That wasn't my plan but I used her. It was a terrible mistake to use her for you to notice me!" he exclaimed. "The Zarazakis knew our relationship and in my fear, I abandoned her. She didn't even complain to me or got angry with me. She left the two families like a bubble and gave birth to our son, alone. Alone!!! I know... I KNOW!!!! I am a bad father and because of that, when I had Kousei, I promised to be a good father but for now, I don't want him to know his elder brother. I can't let him know who he is!!! I don't want him to know that I was a bad father before he was born! Mitsuha passed away three months ago. Mitsuo told me that news and he may not know it but it hurts me a lot."

"Takahiko, your sons need you to unite them or it might be all too late. Kousei is sick. If he does learn the truth from another person or Mitsuo does a terrible decision, it might give aggravate Kousei's sickness. You don't want that to happen, right?" he asked his son. Takahiko's tears fell down continously. He knows that his father is right.

...

Kaori leaned in closer so she could hear more but she was afraid of getting known. Her tears were silently flowing down her eyes. She realized that she overheard the secrets of the Arima Household and when she thought of facing Kousei back in the second floor of the right wing, it troubled her now how she could face him without telling him his father's secrets. She ran away and hid inside the library.

Slowly, Yamato Kento, who's currently wearing his pajamas, saw her crying inside the library while she's sitting on a chair. He was on patrol at the time. The library was dark and silent with only the sounds of her cries. He found her inside while holding a small flashlight. "Why are you here in the middle of the night? Did you and young master had a fight?"

"I don't particularly know how to tell you," she honestly told him.

"Stay where you are and wait for me. I'll open the lights," Yamato Kento spoke up.

Kaori watched Kousei's bodyguard turn on the lights of the enormous library. She stood up and dried her tears while Yamato go closer to her. "What will you do if you overheard a conversation that isn't meant for you to hear?"

"What do you mean with that?" he asked him after Yamato finished opening the library's lights.

"Can I trust you not to tell Kousei's father?" she asked him.

Yamato was definitely surprised with those words already. He got her whole message already. She already knew Arima Household's secret. "Don't worry, I won't. I understand what you mean. Kaori, you should also promise me that you wouldn't tell young master anything yet about Mitsuo. It is a family matter."

"I don't know how long I will be able to keep my mouth shut but I promise to wait. It's not fair that Kousei doesn't know that he does have an elder brother waiting for him!" she vowed.

A/N: Vote and comment?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.4K 1K 28
Arima Kousei had received a letter from the government that his father had perished in an unimaginable earthquake in Japan. It was a very painful mom...
84.4K 2.8K 15
Kenma experiences the hanahaki disease when he unintentionally falls for one of his teammates. Although can he confess his feelings when he is sure t...
18.5K 826 30
When Arima Kousei thought that he had already lost the girl he does love after his performance in East Japan Music Competition, he received a call th...
24.2K 1.2K 14
COMPLETED ! ↻ m!reader. you fell for someone who is already happy with another. and suddenly you caught a fictional disease called hanahaki. there ar...