Follow Your Heart, Follow The...

By klorynwilliams00

I was finally graduating, and following my dreams. I moved to North Carolina to pursue my destined career, an... More

Prolouge
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
CHAPTER 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
NOTE! SHOULD READ! IMPORTANT NEWS
Chapter 8
IMPORTANT NOTE
*NEWS*
Chapter 10
•EXCITING NEWS•
Chapter 11
ATTENTION IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15

Chapter 9

4.9K 202 10
By klorynwilliams00

"Oh honey! Who is this beautiful girl standing behind you?" Weston's mother purred.

"This is Sawyer Wilson. Oh and you are more than correct on the beautiful part!"

I gave a shy smile and a stiff wave to her. He really caught me off guard this time, and he is going to pay for it later. The silent treatment is on.

"Oh darling, don't be afraid to be shy around me. I am Amelia, Weston's mother."

"Hello, Amelia. It is nice to meet you, and I am Sawyer." I reached out to shake her hand, but she denied my hand. I guess this is just what they are used to, I mean they don't seem like mean people, but I just don't think I fit on their level.

"Please, don't shake my hand." Amelia remarked to our little exchange.

"Oh I am so sorry mam! I didn't mean to over step any boundaries!" This is awful, and I bet she already hates me.

"I don't want to shake your hand because I would rather you just give me a hug."

I smiled as she stepped forward and wrapped me into her embrace, and in my ear she whispered,

"Over the past few days I could tell how happy my son has been, and now I know why."

As my reply, I squeezed her a little tighter before breaking away.

"So what do you two ladies want for lunch?" Weston asked as he took my hand and sat down in the booth, and I placed my self right next to him, and across from his mother.

"I would just like a water, and a chicken salad please."

"I will have the exact same." Amelia replied.

"I will have the New York Steak, and french fries as the side please. Oh and a glass of water" Weston was the last to order.

The waiter stalked off to put our orders in, and I sat in a bleak silence with Weston and his overly-sweet mother.

"So, Sawyer, would you please tell me a little about yourself. If you are going to date my son I am going to need to know who you are."

"Mother!" Weston yelled so loud that it could've shook the table.

"Weston, she is fine." I replied and paused a second before I started to speak again.

"My name is Sawyer Jade Wilson. I have a degree as a doctor for sports medicine, and a minor in journalism. I couldn't find a residency that I really wanted to accept at this moment in my life, and then your son hired me to be his assistant/journalist for the company. So I moved from North Carolina to New York to figure out what city life would be like."

"Well all of that sounds wonderful. Would you mind me asking one more question?"

"That's fine." I replied sweetly.

"What does your childhood background consist of?"

"Well I grew up in Beta, Missouri. It is a small town about 200 miles south of Kansas City. My dad has his own shop where he and my two brothers work on cars, and my mom is a social worker. I grew up in a 3-story farmhouse that my parents built when I was ten. I was an active member in the National FFA Organization, so I had pigs, chickens and cows for my SAE. When I got tired of Missouri, I packed up for college and moved to North Carolina where I attended North Carolina State University."

"Well that all sounds wonderful! I have another question, sorry for lying. What is an SAE and what is the National FFA Organization. I was born a city girl so I really wouldn't know."

"Oh I understand! Most people don't really know what it is, but to me, it was one of the most important things in my life. FFA stands for Future Farmers of America, and an SAE is a Supervised Agriculture Experience. The whole organization is amazing, and it taught me so many leadership skills."

"Well that sounds wonderful, dear. I can see that my son has been very happy ever since he came across you."

In reply, I just smiled back at her, and our food was brought to our table. We ate very quickly, and Weston paid for the bill as we walked outside of the restaurant.

"Well Sawyer, it was nice to see you agai-I mean it was nice to meet you." Amelia said as she walked up and hugged me.

"And to my son, I will see you at dinner tomorrow."

Amelia turned her back to us, and walked to her car.

"We should get going. I have an idea though!" Weston spoke up.

"And what is that?"

"Lets just call it a day and go back to the penthouse. I can work from my office there for a few hours, and you can just hangout."

"Okay, but are sure you don't want me to do anything, but just hangout?"

"Or you can bake, or watch movies, or clean, or do whatever you want."

"Okay, okay, I will 'just hangout'."

Weston slid into the car, and I slid in behind him and let my thoughts wander all over the place. What did his mom mean by it was nice to see me again?  

"Weston, can I ask you something?"

"Of course, love. You can ask me anything."

"Why did your mom say that it was nice to see me again?"

"I didn't know if you picked up on that or not."

"Well I did, and what was it about?"

"It was nothing. My mom is getting old and senile, she doesn't mean half the stuff she says."

"Okay. Well do you think she liked me?" I had to distract him, because I knew he was lying, but I didn't want to pressure him into telling me anything that he wasn't ready to tell me.

"Oh she loved you. She will be blowing my phone up all night long with how much she liked you."

"Oh geez. You know today sucked going back to work. We weren't in our bubble anymore."

"Yeah, baby it did suck. We have to go to work though. We can't just skip out on that."

"I know. I have been thinking though."

"About what?" Weston's face froze, and his eyes reflected  how nervous he was.

"I could still help you out, and do some journalism stuff, but I really want to help people. I think I am going to reapply to some hospitals."

"You don't have to help me if you don't want to. Plus if you become a doctor, you won't have time to work for me."

"That is true." Weston's face visibly relaxed, and I knew that he didn't mind the fact that I wanted to quit.

"Plus, I knew it was only a matter of time until you realized you wanted to work at a hospital. I just didn't think it would be a week." Weston said with a laugh before continuing on. "I have one condition though."

"And what might that be." My lips lifted into a smirk, and my curiosity began to grow.

"Any free time that you get, has to be spent with me."

"Deal." I said as I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him feverishly.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

52 1 26
*Hazel* Every time I think of college, I hyperventilate. And no, it's not because I'm excited or stressed about it... it's because I know that the ve...
431 8 13
I've never been the type that falls for groupies or sleeps around. Until I chose the money. Money was supposed to end all my problems. Instead, that'...
11.9K 147 38
Then At teenagers, you were my first love. Until one mistake shattered our future. Now I live in New York persuing my future as a nurse. And there y...
2.4K 95 25
"Do you do this with every girl you think is pretty or am I special?" "You're very special. You're my sapphire. You're my introspection and meditati...