Chapter 9

"Oh honey! Who is this beautiful girl standing behind you?" Weston's mother purred.

"This is Sawyer Wilson. Oh and you are more than correct on the beautiful part!"

I gave a shy smile and a stiff wave to her. He really caught me off guard this time, and he is going to pay for it later. The silent treatment is on.

"Oh darling, don't be afraid to be shy around me. I am Amelia, Weston's mother."

"Hello, Amelia. It is nice to meet you, and I am Sawyer." I reached out to shake her hand, but she denied my hand. I guess this is just what they are used to, I mean they don't seem like mean people, but I just don't think I fit on their level.

"Please, don't shake my hand." Amelia remarked to our little exchange.

"Oh I am so sorry mam! I didn't mean to over step any boundaries!" This is awful, and I bet she already hates me.

"I don't want to shake your hand because I would rather you just give me a hug."

I smiled as she stepped forward and wrapped me into her embrace, and in my ear she whispered,

"Over the past few days I could tell how happy my son has been, and now I know why."

As my reply, I squeezed her a little tighter before breaking away.

"So what do you two ladies want for lunch?" Weston asked as he took my hand and sat down in the booth, and I placed my self right next to him, and across from his mother.

"I would just like a water, and a chicken salad please."

"I will have the exact same." Amelia replied.

"I will have the New York Steak, and french fries as the side please. Oh and a glass of water" Weston was the last to order.

The waiter stalked off to put our orders in, and I sat in a bleak silence with Weston and his overly-sweet mother.

"So, Sawyer, would you please tell me a little about yourself. If you are going to date my son I am going to need to know who you are."

"Mother!" Weston yelled so loud that it could've shook the table.

"Weston, she is fine." I replied and paused a second before I started to speak again.

"My name is Sawyer Jade Wilson. I have a degree as a doctor for sports medicine, and a minor in journalism. I couldn't find a residency that I really wanted to accept at this moment in my life, and then your son hired me to be his assistant/journalist for the company. So I moved from North Carolina to New York to figure out what city life would be like."

"Well all of that sounds wonderful. Would you mind me asking one more question?"