Chapter 8

I rolled over to the sound of a beeping alarm.
"Why are you so annoying!" I yelled in rage.
Dreadfully, I rolled over out of my bed to get ready for work today. The weekend had flown by quickly, and Weston was slowly changing. Every time he looked at me, he had a sparkle in his eyes. I had seen that look before though, and I knew it was only a matter of time until it was gone.
Deciding not to dwell on it much longer    I headed to my luggage to get ready for the day.
When I was finally done getting ready, I headed outside to the main entrance of the building to notice a sleek black Mercedes Benz parked by the sidewalk. I knew it look familiar, but I didn't know how familiar until Weston walked out f the back of the car.
"Good morning." He walked over to me and snaked his arm around my waist.
"What are you doing here?" I asked in question.
"Well I decided I was going to make sure my girlfriend got safely to work."
"Well, I am completely capable of driving myself to work." I snapped back.
"Yes, but in 30 minutes it will be state time, and right now I'd like some church time with you."
"Okay. Fine, but we need to be careful so that no one sees us out here."
"You're right. C'mon now, let's get going."
"Okay". I started to enter the car until I was pulled back against his chest. Weston wrapped both of his arms around me and kissed the crease of my neck.
"Now we can go." He said smoothly.
My face heated up to his actions. Was he serious? Why would he do that? What if there were paparazzi or something? Now I was pissed, but I can't stay mad at him .

"So let's start with getting to know each other." Weston said as he broke the silence in the car.

"Okay. What do you want to know?"

"What do your parents do for a living?"

"Well my dad teaches Auto Body at a technical college, and my mom is a social worker. What do your parents do?"
"Well my father, Senior Maxwell, he started the company. My mom is a doctor."

"Really? What kind of doctor?"

"Cardiologist". He replied with a proud smile on his face.

"That's what my specialty was going to be, but then I decided on the pulmonary side of sports medicine. I love helping everyone. Yeah it sucks watching someone not be able to breathe, but when you finally figure out what is wrong with them, it's amazing."

Weston looked at me in complete awe. He slowly reached over for my hand and clasped it with his. He reached my hand to his lips, and sent shivers all throughout my body.

"You're so amazing. How come no one would hire you as a doctor?"
"Right now, most of the demand is for doctors who have experience, not one that just graduated. It sucks, because all I want to do is help people. Don't get me wrong I am really thankful for this job, but it's not my dream."

"I know. I can tell that you enjoy working for me, and I know you love writing, but I can also see how passionate you are about medicine. Your eyes light up in just a way when you speak about saving lives."
I didn't know what to say so instead I gave home one of my rare, shy smiles.

"We're here." Weston announced.
I opened the door to get out of the car and started walking towards the entrance. I heard footsteps behind me so I turned around, and there Weston was jogging towards me.

"What didn't you wait for me?" He asked amused.

"Cause I'm ready to get inside and get to work."

"Fair point made, Ms. Wilson. I have a meeting in fifteen minutes around Times Square, so I'm going to get going there."
I thought he was finished talking and I thought that I was going to be able to go inside and get to work, but Weston had other ideas. He stalked towards me and didn't break his gaze. Tucking a strand of hair behind my ear, he bent down and kissed me-passionately. I let a moan escape my lips and Weston took it as a sign to deepen the kiss. His tongue licked my bottom lip asking for entrance, and I accepted it. His tongue devoured my mouth, and I his. Everything felt as if it was cut too short when Weston pulled away, but never cut his eye contact away from me.