Chapter 14

I approached the door to the restaurant as Weston held it open for me. My mind was racing. I know he has something planned going on here.

"Name please" The hostess requested.

"Maxwell, party of 2" Weston replies.

"Right this way."

We follow the hostess through a long corridor of the restaurant, that eventually leads to an outside dining area. It seems as if this whole section has been closed off to the public though.

I look up to see twinkling lights everywhere and rose pedals leading to a table in the center of a garden. Sun flowers surrounded the table & candles lit the night. A soft Luke Combs melody lulled in the background & I couldn't help but feel totally at peace.

This is it. This is that moment you see in the movies. Time is completely still & I am so at peace. It's thy stillness in life that we are all looking for, you know? The one that fills the void of a lonely Sunday evening.

I pull myself from my thoughts to see Weston holding a chair out for me.

"Why thank you kind sir"

He grins and approaches his side of the table.

"So what is the special occasion tonight?"

"Well you got your dream job & we are creating our dream home together, what's not to celebrate?'

"True. Thank you babe. I'm so glad to finally get some time with you'

Now I know in my head though, he had got to be up to something. We've never had a fancy dinner like this.

"The house shrimp Alfredo for two." The waiter says as he sets our plates upon the table.

"Thank you" I reply.

"My name is Amari, and I am your waiter tonight. If you need anything, just press this button on the tablet."

Amari turns in his heel and walks away into the distance. The service here is dang quick I might add. Weston must've told them what to prepare upon our arrival, because I never ordered and this is my favorite dish.

"Well babe, time to eat up." Weston says as he sips his wine.

I dig into the savory meal in front of me. The creamy Alfredo danced along my tastebuds & felt like heaven on earth.

"Is it that good?" Weston asked with a chuckle.

"Am I being that obvious?" I reply with a laugh.

"Well the face you're making says it all."

I laugh at him, and take my focus back to my food. I guess I hadn't realized how hungry I was because I devoured my entire fish in five minutes.

"I'm so full. I'm gonna have to hit the gym in the house up tonight"

"Yeah meant to tell you good luck with that. The movers took all of the equipment out. It was outdated, and unsafe so I'm having all new brought in next week."

"Shit. I'm gonna need some sort of workout after that meal."

"Don't worry, babe. The only workout you'll need will be in the master bedroom."

"Weston! You're terrible. But I have to say, I've been anticipating that the entire evening."

"Well before we get ahead of ourselves, there is something else I wanted to talk to you about."

Oh no. What's going on. He's so nervous.

"Weston. Is everything okay?"

"Yeah, babe. Just let me get this out." He purses for a few minutes, as if he's gathering his thoughts on what to do next.

"So since the day I met you. And I mean the real day I met you, you were special. You carried a part of my brother with you for the last few years & because of that, a part of him forever lives on. And how lucky am I that I get to be there for every step of that journey? You've become such an amazing woman. You've tackled life, death, medical school, and working for me.'

At this point of this speech, I am bawling and speechless. I have no clue where he is going with this, but I absolutely cannot wait. I love this man so much.

"... I cannot wait to watch you become an even more amazing doctor, support system, hopefully a  mother one day , and for now, I can't wait to watch you become a wife."

Weston rises from his chair, and comes to my side. He grabs my hand & starts to lower to one knee.

"So now, after asking your dad for you hand, I am going to ask you one single, but very important question: Will you marry me, Sawyer Wilson?"

Weston opened a little black box that held a thing diamond band, with a large diamond stone in the middle of it. It was breathtaking.

Tears brimmed my cheeks, and I couldn't hardly form words. I am speechless. I love him.

"Y-e-ess. I will. I croaked.

Weston slipped the diamond ring onto my hand & I jolted my whole body around his and kissed him passionately.

"I love you" I mumbled against his lips.

"I love you more, future Mrs. Maxwell."