Chapter 11

My phone pinged all night long with each passing moment. I couldn't sleep, and I couldn't get my mind to quit spinning. Every time I looked at the clock, another hour had passed. 

It was now 10 a.m. I am supposed to be at work. I haven't slept at all, and Weston won't leave me alone. I clicked open my Iphone, and I had seventeen unread messages:

"Babe I am really sorry about everything. I didn't mean to hurt you. I found all of that stuff out because I wanted to make sure my brother's heart went to a genuine person."

"Please answer me. I am so sorry. I will do anything to make you see I am still the man for you."

.... the texts went on, and on, and on. Meanwhile, the tears streamed down my face forming puddles in my hands. Why me? 

I put myself back together, and then grabbed the phone off of my night stand. Opening my messages, I began to type, "Weston, I am texting you regarding work for today. I will not be in the office, due to being sick. Thank you." Then I proceeded to hit send.

As soon as the message said delivered, a ring came at my doorbell. Who would want to bother me today? Like people of the world just leave me alone. I walked to my door, and looked through the peephole, and this day has just gotten even better-standing on my doorstep was the one and only, Weston himself.

Hesitantly, I opened the door, and what I saw was only a slight version of the normal Weston. This Weston look as if he had been mangled by a wild bear. His eyes were black and sunk in, his hair was a mess-like as if it hadn't been washed in days. He appeared to be weak, to the point his vulnerability was at an all time high.

"H-h-i" Weston whispered.

"What do you want?"

"Sawyer you don't know how sorry I am."

"It's going to take a lot more than just being sorry to fix this. You ruined everything for me. My dream was to be a surgeon with a blog, not some egotistical maniac, who has every single fucking thing he wants at the snap of his fingers."

Weston dropped to the floor, his head hung low between his legs, and he let out small sobs. Seeing him like this made my heart shatter into a million pieces. I really like him, more than I have ever like anyone, and I barely know him. The thing is though, he knows me, and has known me for years. I haven't forgiven him, and won't for a long, long, long time, but I need him in my life.

Mirror the action Weston had just done, I dropped to the floor of my front door as well.

Weston's head lifted up, with tears streaming down his face. He looked at me, and into the depths of my soul. His head leaned closer in until his lips crashed onto mine. My entire body was lit up, as if it were on fire. He tongue entered my mouth, deepening the kiss, until we were laying on the floor and he was hovering over me. He proceeded to kiss the corner of my mouth and then all the way down to the crease of my neck. He pulled away, and back onto his knees, until he was on his feet, he entered into the hotel room and shut the door, and then picked me up with my legs wrapped around his waist. 

He gave me a small kiss at the corner of my mouth, and then threw me down onto the bed. His eyes bored holes into mine, there was so much want, so much need in his facial expression and it was almost as if he were asking my permission. 

I was so unsure if I wanted to do this or not, what if this was all he wanted? Were already moving way too fast. Before I could think any further, Weston crashed his lips into mine, and when he parted from my lips, I nodded my head at him.

In this moment, I didn't care about anything else but having him in way no one else can for as long as I am in his life. 

Weston wasted no time, he went to work on kissing my neck and every inch of my body as he peeled every inch of clothing off of me, and himself. His shirt was off, and I could finally touch his rock hard abs, and boy were they amazing. It wasn't long until he finally did what he had been wanting to do the entire time. His body rocked with mine, with each pump he got further and further-and so did I. He looked me in the eyes, and we both reached our breaking point at the same time. 

Weston was breathless, and cried out my name before collapsing on top of me. When he finally got the energy he rolled over to his side of the bed.

"Sawyer, that was amazing."

"I have to agree with you Mr. Maxwell."

"Maybe one day you will be the Mrs. Maxwell."

"uhhhh, not so fast there. We've been together for not long at all, and you've got a lot of explaining to do."

"Yes, I was getting ahead of myself, excuse me for that, mam.."

"It is all okay, now start to talk before I kick you out." I shot him a wink so he would know I was joking.

"Okay fine. What would you like to know?"

"First things first, who attacked me, and what was his reasoning for doing it."

"That was Rick Olson. He was my former head of IT, and had wanted to get back at me for awhile for firing him. He had seen your file in the archives of my computer when he went to fix it. He knew that getting to you, would get to me, and he was right. I wanted to kill the motherfucker."

"Okay that explains that. So if you have known me for the last five years, why haven't you ever reached out before?"

"Well Sawyer, because I didn't just want you to be an acquaintance, I wanted you to be someone that was with me forever. I was waiting for the right time, because if I would've called or sent a text, I wouldn't have you in my life completely. You don't know how ecstatic I was when you applied to my company."

"Makes sense. Why did you sabotage my career?"

"Because I wanted the absolute best for you, and I had saw that you had applied to a few hospitals in North Carolina, and in Missouri, but they weren't deserving of you. You wouldn't get your chance to shine there, like you would at some of the hospitals my family owns."

"So what is that supposed to mean Weston?"

"This means that I am giving you the chance to pick a surgical residency at any the hospitals owned by my family here, in New York."

"Wow."

"You don't have to give your answer just yet. Take some time to think about it, and then let me know."

"Yeah I think that is a good idea. You aren't completely off the hook just yet. How do I know you aren't just going to leave now that we fucked?"

"Well as much as the talbots like to make me out as a womanizer, I am actually not. I haven't been with anyone for over a year now, besides you."

"Okay, I'm trusting you."

Weston rolled onto his side so he could face me. He reached out his hand to caress the side of my face, and dipped in for a kiss.

"Baby I'm not going anywhere, ever."