Black Velvet

By LaLaaLeanne

When 20 year old stylist June Talford loses her job, no jobs seem to be available. June's biggest fear is bei... More

Black Velvet
Chapter 1 - "But this is the end of the road for us."
Chapter 2 - "Yup, definitely screwed that up!"
Chapter 3 - "I'm not self-fulfilling, but I'll take more money."
Chapter 4 - "My office is the size of my apartment..."
Chapter 5 - "Sorry, I don't give my number to fans."
Chapter 6 - "I'm working not going on a slag tour!"
Chapter 7 - "I got fired because I tried to kill a client."
Chapter 8 - "You Had Me At Pizza"
Chapter 9 - "No tonsil tennis back there!"
Chapter 10 - "You guys are better than any anti-depressant"
Chapter 11 - "He face-planted Niall's crotch."
Chapter 12 - "Let's kill some people and have sex in a car with the top down."
Chapter 13 - "I thought you were just going to bath in the chicken."
Chapter 14 - "I feel violated by the worlds best song writer."
Chapter 15 - "She was telling me sob stories about her cat."
Chapter 16 - "I cut him into tiny pieces and put him in the freezer for later,"
Chapter 17- "Lou Teasdale was like my fashion fairy godmother."
Chapter 18 - "Mind you don't have heart failure old man."
Chapter 19 - "Are you sure you don't want to lick it or something before we go?"
Chapter 20 - "No one takes pictures of me when I look like a peasant!"
Chapter 21 - "Did anyone ever tell you that you're infuriating?"
Chapter 22 - "Was the ice queen melting?"
Chapter 23 - "Harmless! Ha! I didn't think that was in a doctor's vocabulary."
Chapter 24 - "Firstly the word conoodling? Who the hell uses that!?"
Chapter 25 - "And you're not like strangling either of us?"
Chapter 26 - "Ugh return of the chins!"
Chapter 27 - "She had a bit of dodgy hospital food."
Chapter 28 - "But it would look so much better on the bedroom floor"
Chapter 29 - "How's banging Louis going?"
Chapter 30 - "Whoa you look like a cat that just realised it ate its own shit"
Chapter 31 - "Hey it's not okay you calling my fetishes weird!"
Chapter 32 - "You've had car sex?"
Chapter 33 - "I think Liam wet himself."
Chapter 34 - "This is just fuelling that fire that is building."
Chapter 35 - "Are all these people here going to try and break me down?"
Chapter 36 - "Sir you have two legs."
Chapter 37 - "Niall was a big pussy on the subway."
Chapter 38 - "We need these boys looking flawless and downright bangable!"
Chapter 39 - "One minute you're all like; 'girl I wanna fuck you so bad,'"
Chapter 40 - "I ain't kissing no vomit breath!"
Chapter 41 - "Did I ever tell you that you're bad for my health?"
Chapter 42 - "Y'all mother fuckers need Jesus."
Chapter 43 - "To Arthur!"
Chapter 45 - "Have you ever had such a shitty year?"
Chapter 46 - "Happy Birthday... Louis."
Chapter 47 - "But I suppose I didn't have Louis, did I?"
Chapter 48 - " She was your egg barer."
Chapter 49 - "You'd swear I was naked or something!"
Chapter 50 - "Now that's a story to tell the grand children!"
Chapter 51 - "Niall and Liam spent a full ten minutes laughing at a tampon"
Chapter 52 - "Yeah, kinda wanna lick it off you."
Chapter 53 - "We'll get you back to destroying your liver."
Chapter 54 - "There's no classes on child birth on an plane!"
Chapter 55 - "And sometimes it's the disgusting habits that get us through life"
Chapter 56 - Niall was lying like a stripper on top of the piano.
Chapter 57 - "You're a very cute car."
Chapter 58 - "Jesus Christ June, you're a mess!"
Chapter 59 - "I need to see something good right now."
Chapter 60 - "Why wait another week?"
Chapter 61 - It's totally not weird that you did tequila shots with my boss
Chapter 62 - "Back then Louis was only at the groping your ass stage."
Chapter 63 - "And I do realise I can be a bit of a tyrant."
Chapter 64 - "June here drove like a maniac down the motorway!"
Chapter 65 - "My sister thinks all babies look like lumpy marshmallows."
Chapter 66 - "You must be worth nearly as much money as we are!"
Chapter 67 - "The whole teenager population of this small town is going insane."
Chapter 68 - "Hey, maybe you'll start liking One Direction."
Chapter 69 - "He was like my own personal drug."

Chapter 44 - "Unrequited... that's quite a big word for a drunk guy."

322 8 1
By LaLaaLeanne

“June is that your phone ringing?” Sean asked me pointing to my phone which was currently lighting up like a Christmas tree. “Probably,” I said with a laugh. It was long past the time that we had all raised our pints to Arthur and right now the whole lot of us were severely drunk. Like right now I couldn’t see straight and the best thing about it was that I really didn’t care.

“Maybe I should answer it,” I said with a smile and picked up my phone, the caller ID was blurry with my beer goggles on. So I did my best to slide the dial. Surprisingly I had got it; “Hello?”

“June!”

“Louis?”

“Yeah it’s me, where are you? And is Niall with you? Everyone’s like freaking out,” he told me. I hiccupped. “Whoops,” I whispered, Niall looked at me questioning. “Yes Boo, Niall is with me. We’re with some of his friends from Ireland ‘cause it’s Arthur’s Day!” I explained.

“June… are you drunk?” Louis asked laughing. “I might be,” I said but then I hiccupped and pretty much blew it because Louis burst out laughing. “Right I think I know where ye are,”

“Louis! You can’t come here!” I said urgently. “Why?”

“You’ll bring security and we don’t want that we’re having soooooo much fun!” Louis laughed at me again.

“Ah its fine I’ll use the way that ye used,”

“Wait when did you two get home?” I asked. “The guy that Harry wanted to do his tattoo isn’t even at Santa Monica,” Louis told me, he sounded pissed off. “Oh I hope you left him there,” I said with a laugh. “Oh I wish, that guy’s like a lost puppy right now,” Louis laughed.

“We’re in O Neills, don’t come with security or I’m hitting you,” I told him and hung up. “Louis coming?” Niall asked draining the end of the pint he was drinking. “Yeah with no security,”

“Well obviously, he’s the one that found the fire escape,” he said laughing. “Really?” I asked a bit shocked. Niall nodded.

“I’ll go get another round, what does Louis drink?” Sean asked getting to his feet. “Whatever Niall’s having!” I said waving him off. I was trying to operate this stupid phone of mine. I thought that I had gotten an email from Alexander but I couldn’t open the damn thing. This is what I get for having such a high-tech bloody phone. It does so much that I have no idea about.

“You having trouble there love?” Jack asked looking at my phone. “Not anymore, I just give up on Apple products. Not worth the hassle,” I said with a smile. “So this Louis bloke…” he began. “Ah he’s a mess,” I said with a shrug. “Oh really? I don’t think I’ve met him,” Jack said inching his seat closer to mine; I could tell where he was going with this. So I decided to play along.

“Oh aren’t you lucky, he’s the worst out of the lot of them!” I said with a shrug. “Seriously? I always thought he was a top lad,”

“Meh, you could say that,” I said with another shrug. “Ah June Bug what are you whispering about over there?” Niall asked. “Why does he call you June Bug?” Jack asked. “Clearly because I look like a lady bug?” I said to him as if it was the most obvious thing on the world. “I’m going to go help Sean with the drinks,” I smiled and rose from my seat.

“Hey beautiful,”

“Hi Sean,” I said with a roll of my eyes. “Ouch my love is unrequited,” he said holding his chest as if he had been wounded. “Unrequited… that’s quite a big word for a drunk guy,” I told him with a smirk and picked up my drink and took a mouthful.

“You are killing me here,” he said looking at me longingly. I blew him a kiss; he caught it and hugged it to himself. I laughed. Then I felt arms around my waist. “Found you,” Louis whispered. I laughed, not one of those quite little giggles, and absolutely loud obnoxious laugh because he began tickling me.

I spun around in his arms. “If you don’t want to see all of the drink I have consumed I would strongly advise you to stop tickling me,” I told him looking him dead in the eye. “Now that wouldn’t be good at all,” he whispered and pressed his lips against mine. I kind of lost myself in the kiss, I didn’t really know why but suddenly it was like being thrown into a pool of ice when he pulled away.

“Ah are those Niall’s friends?” Louis asked indicating to the table. I laughed, “Yeah come on and I’ll introduce you.”

*****

“Ohmysweetbabyjesusandfortheloveofallthatisholy” I moaned as I rolled over. I was hung-over, not one of those pathetic pain in the head and upset tummies. No I was severely hung-over. I couldn’t move my legs. And my head was about to explode.

“You alright?” Louis asked his voice all husky and groggy. “Did I wake you?” I asked with my head buried in the pillow. “Yes,” he told me and I could feel him stretching beside me. “Sorry,”

“Hung-over?” he asked. “Small bit,” I whispered. “Well that’s exactly what you get for drink from about 4 o clock in the day till 2 in the morning!” he told me and rubbed my back.

I moved my head slightly to face him. “I cracked,” I whispered. “Cracked?”

“Went insane, I couldn’t take this security thing anymore,” I whispered closing my eyes. “Wanna stay in bed all day?” he whispered. “I don’t think I can move,” I laughed. “Totally fine, I can,” Louis whispered and I could feel him move.

“Can you hear that?” I asked. “Hear what?”

“Sssshh,” and I was left with silence. Someone was getting sick. “Oh god that’s not me? Is it?” I asked looking around shocked. “June… really?” Louis asked laughing at me. “Who is that?” Louis asked beginning to get up. “It’s hardly Niall?” he asked looking at me. I shook my head, “Niall doesn’t get sick,”

“Neither do you and you still thought it was you,” Louis said with a chuckle. I rolled my eyes at him. Then it hit me. Alex.

“Eh actually it probably is Niall…” I said but my voice didn’t sound that convincing. “Huh?” Louis asked looking baffled. “Yeah I remember Niall saying that he was going to be… like super hung-over tomorrow, so I’d just leave him,”

“June are you bi-polar?” he asked me in every seriousness. I burst out laughing although with my sudden change of attitude I wasn’t surprised that Louis pulled the bipolar card. “No, sorry, I’m just hung-over. And I want nothing more than for you to stay in bed with me now,” I said batting my eyelashes cheesily at him.

He sighed in defeat and I knew I had won. Don’t get me wrong I hated not telling Louis every little detail, but this was something that Alex should be the one to tell everyone about. Louis got back into bed and pulled the covers over him. He didn’t look at me. I sighed and scooched over closer to him.

I moved my head slowly –ever so slowly- towards his face. I took a deep breath and blew straight into his ear. He automatically recoiled and put his hand up to his ear. “You are the most disgusting girlfriend I’ve ever had,” he told me a look of pure disgust on his face.

“I actually didn’t mean to do that at all,” I told him crossing my arms across my chest. “Really? Well I didn’t mean to do that either,”

“Eh Louis… you haven’t done anything,” I said and that was exactly when he licked my face. I rolled my eyes and dried my face with the corner of the blanket. “And you call me disgusting,” I said with a grin, I had my Louis back.

“Well we can be disgusting together,” he told me and kissed me. I smiled against his lips and pulled away. “I am still hung-over,” I told him and lay back down. “Ah yes now I remember what I was getting up to do,” he told me and proceeded to leave the bed. “Now where do you think you’re going?” I asked looking at him suspiciously.

“Harry and I went shopping when we were at Santa Monica yesterday.”

“Gay.”

“And there was a Disney shop,” he ignored my comment, “Even gayer,” I joked with him. “And I bought you presents,” he told me picking up a Disney bag. “You got me something?” I asked shocked. “I did, but if they’re too ‘gay’ I can take them back,” he told me with a shrug. “No no no that’s not what I meant. Aw Louis you’re too good to me,” I said and sat up as best as I could.

“Here you go,” he said looking absolutely adorable, my heart squeezed. “Aw come here,” I told him and pressed my lips against his. He grinned when I pulled away, “I always knew that getting you stuff or doing nice things for you was worth it,” he smiled. I opened the bag and looked in. the bag itself was a gift. It was one of those adorable tote bags with almost every Disney character imaginable all over it.

The top thing in the bag was a massive box. It was wrapped. “You wrapped it?” I asked and took it out, “No!” he paused to laugh, “I can’t wrap if my life depended on it, no, the person in the shop asked if all of these were gifts and when I said yes she proceeded to wrap everything individually,” he explained with a shrug. “Everything is wrapped? Wait what the hell is this and why is it so heavy?” I asked admiring the box.

“Just open it June!” he told me not appreciating my wonder. I laughed and tore into the wrapping paper, it was going to be thrown out anyway. When the paper was gone I stared down at the box. “Oh… wow…” was all I could manage to say. Sitting in front of me on my lap was a box set. “One Hundred of the Greatest Disney Movies,” I read the title around. “I didn’t even know this existed!” I said in complete awe.

“I thought we could spend the day watching them, you know since we didn’t get to have the movie day,” he said with a wink. “You are possibly the best thing to have ever happened to me,” I said and threw my arms around my neck and held him tightly.

I could hear him laughing, “You’re just saying that because I got you Disney movies,” he laughed. “Maybe,” I grinned at him. “What do you want to watch first?”

“No first things first, how are we going to watch them, I’m sorry but I really don’t think I can move from this bed,” I told him feeling a bit helpless. I still couldn’t feel my legs.

“Simple,” he said standing back up. I looked at him questioningly as he walked over to my side of his gigantic bed. I narrowed my eyes at him the closer he came. Then suddenly he’s picking me up and he’s after throwing me over his shoulder. I rolled my eyes, “Do you have a thing about me being over your shoulder?”

“Are you insinuating that I have some sort of weird fetish?” he asked, then said “Hold this,” and he handed me the box set. I took it from him and then he began walking. “Yeah I am ‘insinuating’ that you have a weird shoulder fetish.” He started laughing. “You impressed by my big word?” he asked I could tell he had a huge grin on his face.

“No…” I trailed off. I caught sight of Alex standing in the doorway of her room. She looked like shit, but she smiled at me and then walked back into her room. My stomach tightened. I didn’t know what to do about anything. I wanted to be there for Alex but I knew that I couldn’t. I couldn’t be there the way that she needed. What she needed was Liam. And by the way she was going she had absolutely no intention of telling him that he was going to be a dad.

My biggest fear was that he was going to flip out. That would crush Alex… that would crush all of us. “You’ve gone awfully quiet back there,” Louis commented as he continued to walk. “Sorry, just thinking,” I said and was glad that he couldn’t see my face. Because that exact moment was one of those times where you just couldn’t fake a smile. “We’re nearly to the sitting room. Hang in there,” he told me. I laughed, “Boo I don’t really have any other choice.”

About ten seconds later I could see the familiar sitting room, Louis placed me down on the couch. “Now, what are we watching first?” he asked taking the DVDs from me and opening up the box. “Hmmm….” I paused and gave my answer some thought. But to be honest that thought wasn’t needed I had the exact movie that I wanted to watch on my mind.

“Beauty and the Beast,” I told him. “Do you know that was my favourite movie when I was younger,” he told me and searched through the slides of DVDs to find it. “Seriously?” I asked with a laugh. He nodded, “Mum tells me that that was the only thing that would keep me quiet on my ‘bad days,’” he used air quotations marks.

“Bad days?” I asked sceptically. “They thought I was bi-polar,” he said with a shrug. I began to laugh, “Well aren’t we a match made in heaven.”

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

364 30 19
I'm not good at summaries but trust me it's a good fanfiction. Haley has never been nowhere near normal. She is very VERY wierd and quirky but she w...
31.2K 576 28
I sighed as I looked at my family: Liam my husband, Niall my lovely boy, Harry my adorable toddler and Zayn a 'terrible teen'. They aren't my REAL ch...
10.8K 250 27
Lily is sixteen. She gets to see her favourite band (One Direction of course!) in concert. But what happens when she gets more than she bargained for...
22.4K 353 28
After coming back from summer camp Riley Johnson was having a the time of her life having the chance to meet a boy and fell in love with him. then ou...