It's a Love Hate Relationship

By xbadboylovex

Kelsey Allen lives in a small neighborhood where hardly anything happened. When Jacob Peterson moves in next... More

meet the characters
prologue
chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
Christmas Special
chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 14

chapter 11

65 2 0
By xbadboylovex

Chapter 11:

When I woke up all I could think about was what my mother had said last night, not to mention that Eva's mother called me to see if you were okay after your big fight. I honestly didn't think we had a big fight, but I had to admit, it was pretty dumb getting so mad about one little thing. I decided it was time to make up and get our friendship back to what it used to be, so I got up to get ready for the day.

Making sure the blinds were closed and covering the window, I walked over to my closet and picked out a pair of skinny blue jeans, a salmon color sweatshirt and a pair of beige Converse. I took a quick shower to wake me up and wash the crud off of me. I got dressed surprisingly fast so I blowdried and straightened my hair. Like always, being one not big on makeup I just applied a thin coat of mascara and some clear light pink lip gloss.

I went back to my room, opened the blinds and took a seat on my bed. My mind was still spinning with thoughts. I grabbed my phone from my night table and just looked at it. Should I message them? What will I say? I wanted to make things right between us so I gathered courage and messaged them.

To Eva:

I know we haven't talked in forever and I want to make things right. I have a lot to tell you and Riley.

I sent the same message to Riley hoping at least one of them would respond to me, if they were together that would be even better. Within a minute my phone vibrated and took me from my thoughts.

From Eva:

I don't know what happened but Riley and I both agree that it's time to make up.

So they are together, good. I wanted to have the day to catch up and maybe even go out.

To Eva:

Why don't Riley and you come over and we can go out?

I started thinking about all the possibilities. Would they be mad? Sad? I was the one who kept my distance from them, it was my fault. Staying in my house alone for long probably wouldn't be a great idea, I was so afraid we'd have nothing to talk about. The idea of going out looked better and better. I had a string of ideas in my mind: mini putt, shopping, bowling and even the gym. For some reason bowling stood out, I couldn't remember the last time I went bowling. Of course I wasn't going to say anything until they got here.

From Eva:

We're on our way.

I was relieved that they were coming over and kind of scared.

I got up from my bed and went to the window to see if Jacob was up. Sure enough he was and when he saw me his face lit up. I motioned for him to come over to my room, I wanted him to come bowling with me and the girls, maybe be would be a good mediator if the conversation died or went south. Within seconds Jacob was in front of my window, I laughed at how eager he was.

When I opened my window he almost trampled me to the ground, I couldn't hold in my laughter. Once we regained our postures I turned to face Jacob.

"Why did you want me to come over?" He had a smirk on his face and it annoyed me, it made me think he was thinking something perverted.

"Well you didn't have to, you could've stayed over in your room." I crossed my arms and he laughed at my stubbornness, I smiled lightly.

"Okay I get the point, but seriously what's up?" He sat on my bed and I questioned whether I wanted him to move or not. He was so comfortable in my room and he had only been in it a few times, whereas if I was in his room I'd be afraid to sit down.

"Riley and Eva are coming over so I can make it right with them and I thought about going out bowling. So I was wondering if you wanted to come and you could even bring Ryan and Shane." It came out as word vomit, one big word instead of a sentence, but I think he understood. I really hoped he'd say yes because if he didn't I would probably be crushed and not know what to do with myself.

"Hmm," he out his hand under his chin like he was thinking, it was a pretty funny sight to see. He wasn't one to think much. "Okay I'll go and I'll bring the boys with me, but on one condition." I was fine with the first few words but once he got a mischievous smirk on his face I began to doubt his intentions. There was a lot he could get me to agree to.

"Okay, what is it?" I really hoped it wasn't anything stupid.

"I get a kiss for agreeing to go." He stepped forward and I took a step back which got me nowhere, except standing with my back against the wall.

"You don't have to agree to go." I was losing breathe fast and the only thing he did was close the distance between us which didn't help at all.

"I'm agreeing because you'll be there." It felt like a cage of butterflies had been released into my stomach, I always got this feeling when I was around Jacob.

"Oh... Okay..." I was at a loss for words.

"So, do I get a kiss for agreeing?" My loss for words made it so the only thing I could do was nod my head. Jacob's lips connected with mine, and just like the last time it was the best feeling in the world. My arms instantly went around his neck as he grabbed me by the waist pulling me closer to him. We continued to kiss for what seemed like forever, I broke the kiss since I was in desperate need of oxygen.

"I think Eva and Riley will be here any moment, I don't want them to see you here." It upset me that I couldn't just keep him over but Eva and Riley would just pester me about it to no end.

"Okay." He said but we stayed wrapped around each other neither one of us wanted it to end. I wrapped my hands tighter around his torso, loving the way he squeezed back. He took off out the window and once he was in his room he yelled back to me.

"Message me when I need the leave the guys and I will be ready." I forgot that he had put his number in my phone the night before.

"Okay." With that we both closed the windows and almost like on cue the doorbell rang. I ran downstairs and opened the door to reveal my best friends.

"Kelsey!" I didn't have time to say a response since I was knocked down as they hugged me.

"Guys... I can't breathe..." I managed to get out and instantly they got up giving me air.

"Sorry it's just that I missed you and I know Eva did too." Riley said so sweetly. They both helped me up and I gave them a hug back.

"Let's go up to my room so we can talk." We all ran up to my room. I was the last one in and somehow the girls had already positioned themselves on my bed which made me laugh.

"Okay, where do I start?" I didn't want to have them interrupting me while I was telling them what made me not talk to them.

"Well you got upset with us when we were at Forever 21 shopping." Riley pointed out and It made me cringe at the memory.

"Yes, I just didn't like what you had said about buying something that barely covered any skin and for Jacob to see me in it... I guess it really got to me, you know I'm self conscious. I'm sorry I ignored you two for that long, I know it shouldn't have been a big deal, it was just a joke." I was sitting in my desk chair as I talked to them and they seemed to understand what I was talking about.

"It was a harmless joke we didn't think it would hurt you that bad, I'm sorry." Eva smiled at me which caused me to smile too.

"I'm sorry too." Riley piped up and I knew that we were back to being best friends. I had nothing to worry about.

"Let's celebrate, do something special. I was thinking about going bowling?" I hoped they would say yes.

"Yes! Let's go." They both squealed and I think I could've blown an ear drum.

"First I have to tell you both something." They stopped what they were doing and just looked at me with confusion written on their faces.

"Okay... What is it?" I could tell they were cautious about asking but they were curious.

"I got my first kiss." I said it so fast but they were able to make out what I said and once they did they jumped off the bed and pulled me into a tight embrace.

"I'm so happy for you Kelsey." Riley gave me one more tight squeeze and let go.

"Wait who was it?" Eva piped. I dreaded answering, my little rant about Jacob not seeing me in that costume would be pointless but I had to tell them. They'd be happy for me.

"Well... It was Jacob." I put my head down not wanting to see their faces but when I didn't hear anything I forced myself to look up. What I saw was a shocked looking Riley and Eva with a smirk on her face.

"Guess you didn't need that sexy costume after all." Eva hugged me once more and I laughed as Riley still looked dumbfounded.

"Anyways... Who's ready to go bowling?" I needed to get off the topic we were on so I brought up a different one.

"Let's go beotches!" Riley came between us and wrapped her arms around our shoulders, before taking off down the stairs. Eva was quick to follow Riley. Before I walked out I remembered I had to message Jacob when we were leaving. I took my phone out and searched my contacts for his name but I didn't find it under the J's or the P's. I rolled my eyes. Mr Sexy Pants ♡, of course he did. I smiled, simply the thought of him made me happy.

To Mr Sexy Pants ♡:

We are leaving so you and the guys need to leave soon too. Also the girls don't know about anyone else coming.

I hadn't even turned my phone off when he messaged me back.

From Mr Sexy Pants ♡:

Okay, see you soon princess.

Shivers ran down my spine. I didn't know why I ever hated that nickname. I ran downstairs and saw the girls patiently waiting for me.

"What took so long?" Riley asked handing me a jacket.

"I had to use the bathroom." I don't think Eva bought it but Riley did.

"Come on we're taking my car." Eva ran out to the car followed by Riley and I.

In the car we turned up the radio and sang along loudly like there was no one watching as they drove past us. It was like everything was back to normal and I loved it. It was just about a fifteen minute drive to the bowling alley and all I could think about was Jacob. I may finally have a possible boyfriend. I couldn't believe how much he was on my mind. My brain thought about Jacob this, Jacob that, Jacob, Jacob, Jacob and nothing else. I wanted to kiss him over and over again.

"Kelsey, earth to Kelsey. Dreaming about that dreamy man are we?" I blushed at Eva's comment, slightly embarrassed that she caught me. Typically I was subtile, but after that kiss, little miss innocent goody two shoes was gone. I wanted to see Jacob in a towel, after he got out of the shower. Actually, forget the towel. I blushed harder, this time it was my own fault.

I shook myself back to reality, bowling. Gosh I suck at bowling.

"I'm ready to get my game on." Riley laughed, hopping out of the car when we were parked in the parking lot.

"You don't have any game Riley." Eva teased.

"How do you know? Bowling isn't like soccer, you don't need to be coordinated to bowl." She stomped off towards the building, leaving Eva and I trailing close behind. "I'm going to win. You'll see."

I checked my phone quickly, no new messages.

We walked in, taking a quick look around. Immediately my shoes began to glow from the black light and I smiled when I saw the skeeball machine, my favorite. There was also a pool table and a place to get food. Riley was already getting her bowling shoes. My not so favorite part, the stinky used shoes. Jacob was going to find me so sexy in those.

I asked for a pair of size seven bowling shoes and quickly tied them on my feet. I checked my phone again, still no messages and Jacob was nowhere to be found. I wanted to throw a tantrum, my entire body yearned for Jacob and it was scaring me.

"Let's get this party started." Eva said excitedly. We raced over to our lane and Eva called dibs on the comfiest chair like always. She was a little princess and we loved her for it.

"I call going first." Riley grabbed a bowling ball and strutted into the lane. Eva and I braced ourselves for the ball to go crashing into the gutter. Surprisingly enough the ball went straight down the lane and knocked down all ten pins. Eva and I were left dumbfounded. "Woohoo!" Riley shouted in excitement. "Beat that."

We were in for a long night, especially if Jacob didn't show up.

"I guess I'm next..." I said unsure of myself. The bowling ball weighed me down and as I got in position I took a deep breath. Okay, you got this, just aim and roll, aim and roll, I told myself. I rolled the ball with everything inside and crossed my fingers, watching the ball like a hawk. It continued straight but at the last second shifted direction and went right into the gutter. "Urg!" I yelled in frustration.

I heard whistling and a familiar voice followed. "Let me help next time princess." I spun around just in time to catch Jacob wink and my cheeks went darker than the color of a fire truck but still a big smile came to my face.

"Now we finally have some real competition." Riley smiled.

"We're just going to go get some shoes and then we'll join you. Kelsey want to join?" Jacob asked quickly, taking me by the waist. Of course he's all touchy feely, because PDA is definitely my thing, I thought to myself sarcastically. I simply took his hand and pulled him up to the counter with Ryan and Shane following close behind, talking amongst themselves.

"You're late." I pouted, trying to make him feel bad.

"I'm sorry princess. RYAN over here takes longer than my mother to get ready." Of course Ryan overheard Jacob and quickly smacked him on the shoulder. I tried my best not to laugh.

"It's true dude, I don't know what you could possibly be doing in there." Shane interjected, with three pairs of shoes in hands.

"This hair takes time to perfect. The ladies love it." I shook my head and Jacob laughed loudly.

"What ladies?" He said after he controlled his laughter.

"There are many ladies that like this." Ryan gestured to his body and I didn't know what I was supposed to do. I was stuck in the middle of a really awkward conversation. It was worse than PDA. I just looked down at my ugly bowling shoes waiting for it to end.

"Whatever helps you sleep at night." Shane muttered, just loud enough for us to hear.

"You guys go down. We'll be there in a minute." Jacob nodded them off and I looked at him confused. "Just wanted a few minutes alone with my girl." My girl, I got weak in the knees. He took my hand and pulled me into the girls bathroom.

"Jacob! What are you doing?" I had a five second panic attack.

"There's no one in here." He whispered, sexily but I was too freaked out to care.

"You don't know that."

"Yes I do." I looked around, he was right. All five stalls were empty. There wasn't another girl in sight.

"Okay, so what are we doing in here?" He didn't answer, just pushed the garbage can in front of the door and lifted me up onto the counter. "Jacob..." Jacob pressed his lips to mine and I melted into him. I wanted to stay there on the bathroom counter forever but my best friends were bowling with two guys they barely knew and I couldn't let them suffer alone. "Jacob..." I pushed him back gently so our lips parted. "We have to go back."

He just nodded and helped me down.

Turned out I had nothing to be worried about, they were having a blast with Shane and Ryan being apart of the game. Jacob took my hand as we headed back to our lane. Eva squealed when she saw us coming and I squeezed Jacob's hand ready for the hateful comment.

"You two are so cute together." She smiled and I blushed lightly as it got deadly silent.

"Whose turn is it?" Jacob piped ending the awkward silence.

"Kelsey's." Eva answered, handing me a bowling ball.

"What happened to my turn?" Jacob questioned and Shane laughed.

"Ryan took it."

"And how'd he do?"

"You don't want to know." Shane doubled over in laughter. "Let's just say he gained that lane over there-" He pointed to the left. "A strike."

"Well I'm going to go now." I moved into the lane and felt hands on my waist.

"I'll help you out." His hand slid down my arm and he guided the ball down the lane. To my surprise I got my first strike, maybe I wasn't that bad at bowling. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

422K 14.1K 44
Before you ask, no, I'm not some good girl that will let people walk all over me. I've been through some shit no girl(or anyone for that matter) shou...
16.3K 627 23
Gossips in Emerald High normally lasts for just a week or two. But ever since this new guy came into Emerald High, the gossips never lasts at all. Gi...
4.9M 129K 26
An arm snaked around my waist and he forced me to face him. "That kiss on Wednesday was hot, wanna continue from where we left off?" He whispered h...
3.9M 115K 59
* * * Lauren Collins is a good girl. She's responsible and shy but has a tight knit group of friends, excellent grades, and is dating Thomas Clark, a...