The Baynes Legacy- Book 1- Lo...

By angelwing218

Tales of a family of werewolves that have to push through all of those who are determined to stand in their w... More

Love In The Moonlight
Love In The Moonlight (Chapter 2)
Love In The Moonlight (Chapter 3)
Love In The Moonlight (Chapter 4)
Love In The Moonlight (Chapter 5)
Love In The Moonlight (Chapter 6)
Love In The Moonlight (Chapter 7)
Love In The Moonlight (Chapter 8)
Love In The Moonlight (Chapter 9)
Love In The Moonlight (Chapter 10)
Love In The Moonlight (Chapter 11)
Love In The Moonlight (Chapter 12)
Love In The Moonlight (Chapter 13)
Love In The Moonlight (Chapter 14)
Love In The Moonlight (Chapter 15)
Love In The Moonlight (Chapter 16)
Love In The Moonlight (Chapter 17)
Love In The Moonlight (Chapter 18)
Love In The Moonlight (Chapter 19)
Love In The Moonlight (Chapter 21)
Love In The Moonlight (Chapter 22)
Love In The Moonlight (Chapter 23)
Love In The Moonlight (Chapter 24)
Love In The Moonlight (Chapter 25)
Love In The Moonlight (Chapter 26)
Love In The Moonlight (Epilogue)

Love In The Moonlight (Chapter 20)

41.5K 518 32
By angelwing218

20.

Before I get started I wanted to again thank all the fans new and old!!! Ya'll are awesome and watching my numbers go up everyday make me partically giddy! My husband sure gets a good laugh at me bouncing around all excited about more fans, reads, vote and the awesome comments!!! Thank you to my partial muse for continuing to read the story and give me your honest opinion, oh and letting me use you life situation! *ppsstt* Happy BIRFTDAY too!!! :P Thank you again and keep on voting!

______________________________________________________________________________

Knock Knock Knock

Ian heavily walked to the front door, who could possibly be stopping for a visit at 8:30 in the morning? Flinging open the door he sees Connor and Kalee holding hands, "Good morning son, Kalee. What can I do for you?"

Connor smile smuggly reaching over and pulling Kalee's shirt off her shoulder slightly to reveal the red bite marks. When they had woken up that morning, Connor carefully cleaned the wound for her, when he was finished he bent down and kissed it lighty, sending shivers of pleasure up her spine, she had wondered if it would be that way every time he touched that spot. "She is MINE now, and I am her's, so call off Lauren! And I need to know if you will accept her in the pack?"

Ian moved back from the door way, "Come in and have some breakfast, I'll call the council." Connor lead the way to the kitchen, where Elizabeth, Connor's mom, was cooking hot cakes and sausage.

"Awww. Good morning, honey, Kalee, did you two have a good night?" She winked at Connor but Kalee saw it too, causing her cheeks to turn a pretty shade of pink.

"Yes, Mom." He chuckled and again pulled the shoulder of her shirt down to show his mother the red marks proudly.

Elizabeth began to clap happily, "OH I'm so excited for you two. Oh I can't wait to have more grand-babies!"

"More?" Kalee looked confused. "You have sibilings?"

"Oh dear, not anymore he doesn't, but I was actually referring to Ali." Elizabeth's face grew grave.

Kalee turned to look at Connor with sad eyes, she began to whisper, "Not anymore, what happened?"

"She died." Connor's eyes hazed of with pain and sadness, Kalee reached over and took his hand in comfort. "She was my twin sister, Ashling, but we called her Ash."

"How?" Kalee asked softly, as Elizabeth sat down on the other side of Connor.

"Ashling and Connor shifted for the first time together, which is very odd, but we assumed it was because they were so close and twins. But when they were out they got too far away from where the pack normally roams, well Ashling got to close to a human's house, they spotted her and shot her." Elizabeth spoke softly, she was on the verge of tears, this must of been a wound that was far from healing.

"I'm so sorry." Connor looked over at her and squeezed her hand reassuringly.

"It still hurts, but I know she wouldn't want us moping around for the rest of our lives either."

Just then Ian walked back into the kitchen, he glanced at all the sad faces, "What's wrong?"

"Oh nothing, dear, Kalee just learned about Ashling." With that name spoken Ian's face grew tight but his shoulders slumped, he must of taken her death harder than she thought he would.

He composed himself and looked up, "Connor, the council is on their way, so eat up, boy."

______________________________________________________________________________

Kalee stood at the back of the large room as 6 people filed in, they each took a seat at the long table across the room. Ian took his seat in the middle of them all, his eyes moved over each council member waiting for their undivided attention. "Now that everyone is seated, I know you all are wondering why I have called you here." Some nodded with agreement, other just sat with blank stares on their faces. "Connor will you and Kalee please come forward." Connor reached down and held her hand firmly pulling her along. "Council, this is the woman my son has claimed." The 3 woman of the council gasped, all of the men except one had an indifferent looks on their faces, Kalee wondered why he cared so much. "Council, after careful consideration, I have decided to allow this woman, Kalee Simons, and her young one, Ali Simons, to join our pack. With the uncertainty of the childs ability to shift, and now that my son has claimed her she will be baring his children. With that said, Kalee Simons, I welcome you to our pack." Kalee nodded politely and Connor leaned over and kissed her lightly on her cheek.

Connor moved forward a step still holding onto Kalee's hand, "Council, I want to thank you for listening to my concerns, but I have one more problem I need to address."

Ian's eyes narrowed to slits, confusion showed sublty over his face.

"As you can see, Kalee has bruises around her neck, caused by one of our own, Lauren Sharp. She directly defied myself twice and inflicted bodily harm on my mate. The fight was unfair, and uncalled for, and I will not tolerate disobience, I am Omega and will be respected as so. I propose that at the next full moon she will be teathered out back not allowing her to hunt with the rest of the pack, she will be guarded in shifts. And she will not be allowed to be arranged to marry anyone or to be claimed to anyone for 6 months." With that, the man who's face became more and more disgruntled, jerked up out of his seat, he glared at Connor then at Kalee, if looks could kill they'd be dead.

"Omega, you have no right!" The nameless man yelled. Ian glanced over at the man, his eyes narrowing again.

"Excuse me, Mr.Sharp? I have no what?" Connor's voice rose up, you could feel his power grow, the power he had over the rest of the pack was strange, Connor could practically bend them to his will by raising his voice.

"You already fought her, once." The elderly man, who obviously was Lauren's father, sat back in his seat trying to get his voice under control.

"Yes, you're right I did. That was as a direct punishment for not following orders from not just myself twice but my father once, questioning him. THIS punishment I call for now is for the direct violation to my mate, who couldn't proper protect herself against a shifter, she is no match to our strength."

Ian spoke up, "Council, who objects to what the Omega is offering?" Only one hand rose, and we can guess who's that was, yep, Lauren's father.

"Then it is settled, Mr. Sharp, Lauren will show up at the next full moon and be teathered so she isn't allowed out of the yard, she will not be allowed to hunt with the pack, and finally she will NOT be allowed to arranged another marriage or to be claimed."

The man knew he couldn't win this battle but he kept glaring at Kalee, causing her to cringe closer to Connor, she didn't have a good feeling about that man.

________________________________________________________________________________

Connor dropped Kalee off at her place, promising he'd be back later after he dealt with some meetings with clients and grabbing some clean clothes. She went through the back door of Jake's house as normal, she could hear the television on in the living room, the sounds of the girls laughing at the cartoons filled the air. "Madison?" she called out as she shut the door behind her.

"I'm in here." Madison's voice was muffled from behind a door, pushing it open Kalee saw Madi loading laundry into the washer. "Hey Kay. How's it going?" Madison always seemed to be happy, but more so over the past couple day, "Holy shit, girl, what happened to your neck?" Kalee's hand moved to try and cover the bruises. "Did Connor do that?"

"OH God NO! Let's just say Connor's ex decided to lay her paws on me when he had his back turned."

"Are you okay?" Madi moved closer, getting a better look at her throat.

"Yeah, I'm great actually. We saw the council this morning." Kalee couldn't stop smiling as much as she tried.

"And???"

"Well Ali and I are now members of the pack, and I guess we will be moving soon." Madison's jaw dropped.

"What?! Why?!" Madison finished loading the machine and slammed the lid closed starting the cycle.

"Well we need a bigger place."

"For just you and Ali?" Madison smiled, she knew the answer but wanted to hear it straight from her mouth.

"No, silly," She slipped her shirt off her shoulder as Connor had done frequently that morning, Madison started to cheer. "Connor says we're going to need a bigger place, so we are supposed to be going house hunting soon."

"Oh my, Kalee, I'm so happy for you and Ali. And Jake and I have our own news. We went to the pack doctor that Connor recommended, and well we are expecting twins again." Kalee pulled her sister in law into a tight hug.

"Oh that's so exciting, how is Jake taking the news?"

"Fine, he's been telling everyone he knows, he just can't contain himself." Kalee knew that reaction all too well for Jake, he had been the same way with their first pregnancy.

Kalee decided to call out from work that day, people would be more inclined to question her neck then order drinks, she spent the afternoon with Madison preparing dinner and chores around the house. At 5:30, Connor called to say he would be there around 7, that there was a house he wanted to look into before he showed it to her.

_____________________________________________________________________________

"Mr. Baynes, how are you? I'm Mr. Schultz the realtor for this property." The balding man held his hand out to Connor, which he shook politely.

"Thank you for meeting me at such short notice, I wanted to get my family moved as soon as we could. This is a very lovely home, my wife really likes the historical houses, and the location for her is prime. How much is it?"

"Well there is another couple looking at signing a contract but they haven't been able to bring the money down yet, so if you have the money today it can be yours." Connor looked at Mr. Schultz urging him to answer his question. "The house is listed at $500,000, but we need $5,000 for the contract."

"That's not a problem," Connor quickly removed his wallet from his back pocket pulling out a wad of bills, he counted out $5,000 and handed it over the eager realtor. "Now, Mr. Schultz, when can we close on the house and move in?"

"I'll call our firms lawyer and have him fit you in at the begining of next week."

Connor held out his hand once again to shake the realtor's hand, "Well let's go sign those papers, I can't wait to get home and tell my wife about this house." Connor knew Kalee would love this house, it had plenty of room for Ali to run and plenty of rooms to fill with the sound of little feet. And Connor had a feeling that she would just love the location.

_________________________________________________________________________________

Connor walked through the gate to the back yard of Jake's house, everyone was outside, Jake was cooking on the gril, the children were running around playing in a pink plastic playhouse, and Kalee was sitting at the table preparing corn on the cob with Madison. He walked up behind her and kissed the back of her neck lightly, "Hello love."

"Hey!" Kalee's smile was warm and genuine, causing Connor's heat to flutter at the sight of her. "How was work?"

"Productive." Connor smirked. "I have a surprise for you and Ali after dinner, and I would really love for Jake and Madison to be there too."

"Ummm. Okay." Kalee looked confused. "Did you go check out some houses?"

"Yeah just a few, nothing major."

Connor made his way over to Jake, who was standing in front of the flames of the grill flipping what looked like chicken breasts and hot dogs.

"Hey Jake."

"What's up, Connor." Connor began to whisper his plans to surprise Kalee after dinner, he had to have the help of Jake. They spent the next few minutes whispering plans, then Jake turned the called the girls over for dinner.

__________________________________________________________________________________

After dinner Connor handed Kalee a blind fold, telling her to cover her eyes so she couldn't see, he had no need to cover Ali's eyes because she fell quickly asleep after supper. Jake helped Kalee into the car as Connor strapped Ali in the car. He began to explain to Kalee that they had to take a short drive to the surprise, this caused Jake to burst out in laughter, Connor cut him a serious look causing Jake to turn to his wife to fill her in on the secret. They drove around for what seemed to be 10 minutes, Kalee noticed they did alot of turns, and she was completely lost to where they could possibly be. The car stopped and she heard the engine cut off, Connor quickly jumped from the car to stop her from trying to the peel the blind fold off.

"Where are we, Connor?"

"Just wait, I'll lead you to where you need to go, and just trust me I have a feeling you'll love it."

Finally Connor came to a stop and she could feel his body pressed against her back side, his fingers were up by her head preparing to remove the blind fold. His warm breathe tickled her ear as he whispered, "Welcome home, Kalee, my love." He tugged the blind fold from her eye sight, revealing a large powder blue and white historical house. She looked around, she knew exactly where she was. It was the house right beside Jake's house, but how, they were in the car for a while.

"Home?" Kalee's eyes kept dart between the house, Connor, and her brother's house.

"Yes, I signed a contract earlier. I know how close you are to Jake, Madison and the girls, and I don't want to take that away from you or Ali. He's been the closest thing to a dad, and it wouldn't be right. This house is perfect, I hope you aren't too mad about my choice."

"Oh. My. God. Connor, it's perfect!" Kalee's eyes welled up with tears, just then Jake, Madison and the girls come out and greet their new neighbors. Kalee threw her arms around Connor holding him tightly, "Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!" She kissed him passionately.

Connor pulled back chuckling, "I'm glad you like it."

______________________________________________________________________________

Okay, I know chapter is a bit off, sorry. It's not a filler chapter, somethings that took place are needed for the future. I apologize if it doesn't flow like the rest of the chapters do, I didn't get any sleep last night because my youngest was fussy all night long. So blame the akwardness of this chapter on my sleep depervation. I promise to make the next MUCH better!!! Please VOTE VOTE VOTE and comment I love reading them!! Thank you to all the fan, new and old, for keeping me motivated to write more and more!

Stacy

P.S. I didn't edit, sorry!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

421K 9.8K 26
when sasha a very powerful werewolf who has had her heartbroken and lost her pack comes across a new pack and her possible mate who need her help wil...
133K 7.5K 83
He was like an anchor; my anchor. He pulled me back to reality whenever I was straying up into the clouds. ••• Alison Grey is trekking across terri...
186K 5K 56
"Who are you?" I asked, my voice shaky as I struggled to keep my eyes open. Suddenly, the delicious scent of wood and cinnamon hit my nose, causing m...