reef knot

By minghaoburgers

「i'm here to protect you, not to be your friend.」 ©minghaoburgers + note that this is not a taegi fic !! wi... More

one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
final

eight

5.7K 279 300
By minghaoburgers

GUYS PLEASE COMMENT MORE 💦 I LOVE READING YOUR COMMENTS AND IT ALSO SHOWS THAT YOU'RE HYPED ABOUT THIS BOOK SO PLEASE ✨😙

+

December 19, 2016, 8 p.m.

  The rope slides open almost soundlessly, the bonds automatically untangling themselves as the thick material falls to the ground.

  I mentally cheer, reaching downwards to untie the knot that's holding my feet together before rising from the chair, as quietly as possible.

  Gently, I tiptoe towards the wooden exit of the shack, but stop abruptly in my steps when I hear the sound of a man clearing his throat, on the other side of the door.

  Almost forgot about Namjoon.

  I sigh frustratedly, my hand ascending to scratch my head in exasperation as I think of how to get out of here without alerting my pink-haired captor.

  My gaze flits across the room, looking for open windows - or basically anything I can crawl through to escape this shabby hut.

  To my dismay, the only visible opening is a small gap in the ceiling, probably for ventilation purposes. It's too high up for me to reach - even if I could, I doubt I can fit through that tiny space.

  What do I do?

  However, before I can think of any good ideas, the soft yet distinct thuds of incoming footsteps interrupt my line of thought.

  Shit.

  My eyes urgently dart around the room once again, this time for a hiding place.

  "Park Jiyoung!"

  I hear Namjoon call my name from outside, followed by the brief click of the doorknob turning. Before I can react, the pink-haired boy has already entered the room, and the both of us freeze upon seeing the other.

  Crap crap crap.

  Namjoon lets out a soft growl, before advancing towards me, slowly and dangerously.

  I backtrack as he saunters forward, my heart pounding faster and faster with every foot I place behind me. However, the shack is only so big, and before I know it, my back is against the wall.

  "Please don't hurt me," I can only plead. He already has me cornered, and judging from the glazed look in his eyes, he definitely doesn't have any intentions of letting me go scot-free. 

  Namjoon plants his right hand onto the wall beside my head, his smirk only widening as his left hand grazes my cheek. 

  "What did Park Jonghyun do to deserve a daughter like you?" the pink-haired boy's tongue skims across his bottom lip before he starts to lean inwards. 

  From his slightly puckered lips and half-closed eyes, I can already predict what he's about to do. 

  Oh God. 

  Just before Namjoon's lips touch mine, an idea pops into my head, and I raise my hands to wrap around his neck. Surprised by my action, Namjoon halts, his eyes wide-open as they peer into mine. Taking the lead this time, I start to close the distance between his mouth and mine, my lips parting slightly as I tiptoe for easier access. 

  "What are you-" 

  Namjoon starts to ask, but I cut him off with my next movement. Taking advantage of his distraction, I raise my knee, hitting him hard in his most private area. 

  "OW!" he cries in pain, his hands flying south as he falls backwards. With a loud thud, Namjoon falls onto the ground, clearing the path between me and the door. 

  "I'm so sorry," I immediately apologize, before sprinting for the door. 

  "YOU BITCH!" Namjoon yells as I make my escape. 

  Greenery surrounds me as I escape the hut, and it is only then do I realize that Namjoon isn't the only one who's in charge of guarding me. 

  Outside the small building, men are flanked along the dirt path leading away from the shack, three on each side. At my loud exit, all six heads snap towards me, their owners rooted to the ground with wide eyes. 

  Surprisingly, none of them try to capture me. All they do is stare as I exit the building, not even moving towards me as I start to walk past them.

  They think Namjoon let me go, I realize. With barely any hesitation, I dash past all six of the pink-haired boy's sidekicks, kicking soil up behind me as I run. 

  "GET HER!!" I hear Namjoon shout an order, shortly followed by the shuffling of feet as all six guards proceed to chase after me. 

  My heart thumps faster with every step, adrenaline coursing through my veins as I utter a silent prayer to the gods. 

  Where's Yoongi when I need him?! 

  With the moonlight as my only light source, I try my best to navigate through the thick shrubbery of the forest, branches and leaves occasionally scraping my bare arms as I pass. I feel a blister start to form on my left foot, but nevertheless, I tolerate the pain.

  Soon enough, the only footsteps that can be heard are my own, and I instantly halt in my movements. Looking around me, I realize that I've reached a small clearing, and the men who were chasing me previously are now gone. 

  I'm now alone. 

  Where am I?

  Surprisingly, I feel more fear now that I've escaped, than when I was in Namjoon's grasp. 

  Gulping, I start to backtrack, but the rustling of leaves alert me of someone approaching from behind. 

  I turn, my heart almost stopping when my gaze falls upon the tall and lanky figures of Namjoon's sidekicks. 

  Crap. They caught up. 

  I start to pace backwards as they slowly advance towards me, my fear contrasting with their snarls. However, my eyebrows furrow together when I notice that there's only three men in front of me. 

  Weren't there six just now? 

  Just as that thought crosses my mind, my back hits something solid, and I turn to see the remaining three men, their snarls mirroring that of their companions. 

  "Please let me go," I feel tears brimming my eyes as the men surround me, leaving me with no chances of escape.

  Just as I am about to surrender to my fate, the loud crack of a bone breaking resonates across the woods. I snap my head towards the sound, before realizing that one of the six men is down on the ground, curled up in agony. His left hand grips his right, that's currently bent at an unnatural angle. 

  "Mark!" one of the men exclaims, instantly dashing towards his fallen partner. 

  My gaze flits around the area, but I see nobody besides my six captors - or rather five, excluding the one with a broken hand. 

  "Jackson, watch o-" 

  Another of the men yelps, but before he manages to finish his sentence, an assassin appears out of nowhere. The intruder soars through the sky, his right leg extended while his left bends towards his chest. With a loud thud, the stranger plants his foot onto the man's cheek, and the man falls to the ground. 

  "Jaebum!" another one of my captors cry out, attempting to run towards his now-unconscious friend, but is held back by his comrades. 

  All eyes are now on the attacker, everyone stiffly rooted in place, for fear that they will be his next target. 

  The invader wears a black mask that creates contrast with his fair skin, his muscular build and flat chest indicating that he is male. He is clad in a vaguely familiar suit, and even in the dark, I immediately recognize his weird green hair. 

  Yoongi

  As if sensing that I recognize him, Yoongi reaches for my hand and pulls me behind him, shielding me from my four remaining captors.

  "Are you okay, Miss?" my bodyguard asks softly, his head tilted slightly to the side so I can hear him better. 

  "Yeah," I barely whisper. 

  Sensing my fear, Yoongi squeezes my hand reassuringly, before letting go. Turning back towards the remaining four men, he cocks his head slightly to the side, as if challenging them to fight him. 

  At the mint-haired boy's taunt, the captors draw their guns, pointing them at the enemy. 

  "Hand the girl over," the one in the middle demands, "and we'll let you go."

  Yoongi snorts. "What makes you think you have the upper hand here?"

  His line seems to anger the men. The one who spoke previously drops his gun, before diving towards Yoongi with outstretched fists. 

  Why would he drop the gun?! I ponder in disbelief, before I realize that none of the men are shooting at Yoongi. They're not even trying to protect their companion. Their weapons are blanks, I realize. Meant to scare us. 

  As expected, the man barely has a chance against Yoongi. As he rapidly closes the distance between us, Yoongi suddenly reaches outwards to grab both of the man's extended limbs, before twisting his two wrists sideways, with so much force that the man screams out loud in pain. 

  No longer trying to attack us, the man urgently tries to withdraw his hands from Yoongi - but that only worsens the situation. With a loud snap, Yoongi breaks both of the man's hands, causing him to cry out for mercy.

  The victim stumbles backwards as my bodyguard finally lets go; but his freedom is not to last. Before he can escape, Yoongi sends a punch to his nose, and the man falls backwards, landing onto the soil behind him with a solid thud. 

  At the sight of their three injured teammates, the remaining three decide to give up on trying to get me back. Without sparing us another look, the men flee the area, going back the way they came before Yoongi can break their limbs as well. 

  Once we're alone again, Yoongi turns towards me with concerned eyes. "Let's get out of here," he says, and I immediately oblige. 

  However, unlike how I expected him to lead me out of the area, Yoongi turns around and bends over, before freezing in position. 

  "...what are you doing?" I give him a weird look. 

  Although his head is facing away from me, I feel him rolling his eyes. "Your left foot is injured, you idiot." 

  I frown. "What do you mean? It's perfectly fine." I lift up my foot to prove that I'm okay, but put it back down onto the ground again, almost immediately. I wince, reaching downwards to ease the pain that's coursing through my blood. 

  Absolutely nothing escapes him.

  "Come on, I'll carry you," Yoongi urges me, and I approve. 

  I place my hands onto his shoulders, starting to climb onto his back. 

  "Watch out!" Yoongi suddenly yells. Before I can react, he pushes me away from him, and I fall backwards, my landing causing heavy impact with the floor.

  A brief click comes before the loud boom, and I snap my head towards Yoongi with widened eyes. 

  Having lived eighteen years with a gangster father, I recognize the sound all too well. 

  Gunfire. 

  I watch as the tiny metal whips through the air, defying gravity as it soars with the breeze, hitting Yoongi square in the right shoulder. 

  My bodyguard stumbles backwards - more because of the impact than because of the pain. Miraculously, he doesn't fall over. A slight wince is his only reaction, followed by his left hand rising to cup his new injury. 

  "Yoongi!" I exclaim, rising from my position on the ground and starting to hurry towards him. 

  "GET DOWN!" he shouts, injury forgotten as he dashes towards me, wrapping his arms around me and performing a 180-degree swivel, such that his back is facing the origin of the gunshots, while I'm fully hidden by his muscular figure. 

  I open my mouth to question his actions, but am cut off by a second bang. Yoongi pulls me tighter to his chest, and I squeeze my eyes shut just before the bullet hits him, in the left shoulder this time. 

  He grunts, unwilling to show his pain. Grabbing my hand, he darts behind a massive boulder, pulling me along with him. 

  More bullets glide through the air, but this time, they make indents in the rock instead of Yoongi's skin. 

  "Are you-" 

  "Shh!" Yoongi cuts me off, holding a finger to his lips as a signal for me to be quiet. 

  Slowly, he peeks out from the boulder, but immediately dives back into his previous position when yet another round of bullets are fired. 

  He cringes, and I watch as his hand rises to gently soothe the most recent wound on his left shoulder. The sudden movement must have increased his pain. 

  However, he only shows his weakness for a moment, quickly switching back to bodyguard mode within a split second. Grabbing a rock from the ground, he hurls it towards the bushes beside us, distracting the shooter. 

  He's making our attacker think we're there instead of here.

  A few more bullets fly through the sky, but this time, they are aimed at the shrubbery instead of at us.

  With hardly any hesitation, Yoongi dives away from the cover of the boulder, before sprinting towards the direction of our shooter. 

  Like magic, my mint-haired bodyguard knocks our attacker out cold, with just a few waves of his hands. All I hear is the deft thud of a body falling onto the forest floor, before Yoongi emerges from the woods, victorious. 

  Seeing that he's dealt with the last of Namjoon's men, I hastily run out from the gigantic rock, towards my mint-haired bodyguard. 

  "Are you okay?!" I almost sob, grabbing Yoongi's hands as I inspect his bullet wounds. 

  "Don't over-" 

  Before he can finish his sentence, the boy slumps to the ground, landing heavily like the rest of Namjoon's men. 

  "YOONGI!"

+

i just wanted to say that i love you all <3 this book hit 1k reads and it's only chapter 8! this is honestly the best way to end the year :)

updates every wednesday and sunday xx 

~hoseokieomo

p.s. do check out SilvaWolfy's fanfic 'Rain Showers'! it's amazing plus you'll love it if you stan got7, especially youngjae :3 it's not getting enough attention omfg. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 82 30
A BTS fanfiction based on the universe of Avatar the last airbender. Join Kim Namjoon as he searches around the world to find his team Avatar and sav...
578K 12.9K 40
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
9.5K 691 23
In which Kim Taehyung finds out he isn't an ordinary human after all. (bts au)
55.2K 3.1K 83
version two of bangtan memes! another stupidity of bangtan and author-nim. (i don't own any pictures in this book so credits to the rightful owners...