He's the Nerd of my Dreams

By Maceyx19

Jenna was in love with a hot popular jock until he did something unforgivable. Somehow she became smitten wit... More

Nerd of my Dreams chapter 1
Nerd of my Dreams chapter 2
Nerd of my Dreams Chapter 3
Nerd of my Dreams chapter 4
the nerd of my dreams chapter 5
Nerd of my Dreams chapter 6
Nerd of my Dreams chapter 7
Nerd of my Dreams Chapter 8
Nerd of my Dreams chapter 9
Nerd of my Dreams chapter 10
Nerd of my Dreams chapter 11
Nerd of my Dreams chapter 12
Nerd of my Dreams chapter 13
Nerd Dreams chapter 14!
Nerd of my Dreams chapter 15
Nerd of my Dreams chapter 16!
Nerd of my Dreams chapter 18
Nerd of my Dreams chapter 19!
Chapter 20!
Chapter 21!
Chapter 22!
Chapter 23!
Chapter 24
25
26
27

Nerd of my Dreams Chapter 17!

1K 13 8
By Maceyx19

Vote and Comment my lovelies!!!

And I'm sure you'll love this one! Gregg's really sweet and understanding with Jay Jay :)

Jenna

Gregg's first week went by smoothly. We went in and conquered, he's starting to get a rep as one of those kids that doesn't give a shit about school and only comes to make a laugh out of it. Even I must say that I find it pretty entertaining. Apart from the detentions he gets and scenes he causes, he's still amazing when it comes to the material and tests. He was actually supposed to help me study for me Algebra II test after my game tonight.

Today was one of our toughest games of the season. We were playing our biggest rival who just happens to be ranked second in the State compared to my team's fifth place rank.

At school earlier today, there were banners taped on the walls of the main hallways and streamers decorating one of the ceilings outside of the main gym.

I was completely nervous and eager to play. All I wanted to do was make my team proud, my school proud, my family proud, and to make Gregg proud of me. There was a lot to lose tonight because if we did lose, the other team is going to keep talking major shit until the end of life its-self. Not to mention I'll feel like a major disappointment to everyone around me.

I think Gregg could feel my stress because he took my hand in his and gave it a tight squeeze. We were almost at the school. As a player on the team, I had to arrive an hour early for warm up and to get ready.

"You're going to go out there and light up the score board. Trust me; you're talented and have the heart."

I pulled my hand away from his and ran it through my hair. Stressed, I tugged a little at the roots of my hair.

"Jay, stop it baby. You're going to do great."

When Gregg pulled up into a parking spot and killed the engine, I practically jumped out of the car. I reached into the backseat to grab my back, but after that I was gone. I walked in long strides needing to distance myself.

"Jenna! Wait up!" I broke into a brisk run. All I had to do was get into the Girl's locker room and I'll be safe from an unwanted pep talk.

Oh I was close, so close. Too bad Gray caught up and actually picked me up off the ground.

"Jay, listen to me," I turned my head away from him but he turned it back to face him. "You'll do great."

"Let me go."

"Not until you calm down."

I glared at him, "I'm calm. Can't you tell?"

He bit his lip at me and stared at me. I looked at him incredulously, he looked like he was going over something in his head. Gregg's eyes looked distant: he was her but he wasn't.

"Gr-" He shook his head at me before kissing me. "What are you doing?" I pushed him away but he kissed me again.

"You're gonna kill it, and if you don't, I'll still be here for you."

"Gray, I don't want to disappoint anyone."

"Shh, don't talk like that. As long as you do your best, we'll be proud of you. Got it?"

I nodded and looked down. "I should go now."

"Babe, wait up," he caught me around the waist and gave me the sweetest kiss ever. It made my eyes tear up. With a tight hug, he let me go.

In the locker room my teammates were talking it up.

"How was that kiss Jay Jay?" one of the girls wiggled her eyebrows at me.

"Amazing, thank you," I smirked at her and another girl, a point guard named Clara, slapped my butt. "Ouch C-man!" All of the girls laughed at Clara's nickname. It suited her well because she made guys feel everything when they were with her.

She blushed and pulled her jersey on over her head. "Sorry I turn them on."

"It's good mami," A shooting guard like me, Shay, laughed. Shay was a JV player but sometimes went in during the last quarter of Varsity games to get Varsity playing time.

"Who's leading prayer?" Stasie [Stah-cee] asked. I checked my phone and it was thirty three minutes til 7.

"I will!" Margo, the tallest llayer on the team that killed at her Center position, stood up.

Out coaches came in and joined us. We were in a big circle, holding hands, and with out heads bowed. I prayed so hard that God would be on our side tonight. When Margo finished with our prayer we all said 'Amen' and gathere in closer together to hear Coach speak.

"Ya'll are a very talented team. I know that when that ball goes into play, you girls are going to play your hearts out. I have faith in you girls. Heavy up on D and when you rebound those balls, make it count. Take it to the hoop and make your fans proud. Lady Eagles on three!" she shouted at the end. "One... Two...Three-"

"Lady Eagles!!" We jogged out of the locker room pretty pumped. During our warm up we all got hype to some popular Hip-Hop songs by Jay-Z, Kanye, and Eminem. When the ball was thrown into the air and tipped to our team, I was so ready to slaughter the Bulldogs.

Every time a teammate passed to me, I went to the paint and took a shot, I followed through each time and was awarded with more points to my team's score. Throughout the game, I definitely felt the pressure from the other team. Their defense would block me hard forcing me to make quick adjustments in the play or to make stupid mistakes. I git so distracted once in my options and the sweaty girl who was waving her arms in my face that I didn't properly pivot, I tripped over my feet and stumbled. It counted as traveling and the ball was taken from my team's possession.

Coach called me out of the game giving me a pat on the back. I half-heartedly high fived the girls on the bench as I went to take a seat. One of the managers handed me a bottle of water and gave me a towel. I patted the beads of sweat off my face and shot a stream of water into my mouth.

As I was sitting on the bench, I was in an absolute daze watching my teammates play. I followed their movements intensely, checking their footwork and form. I couldn't help but examine the other shooting guard that was filling in for me. When there were turn overs from my team's possession due to an error she made, I'd hang my head and slap my thigh, lightly cursing under my breath.

All I wanted was for Coach to out me back in. I wanted to win, I wanted to help my team. The rest of the second quarter flew by with me on the bench, and I just wanted to cry out in frustration. We were down by eleven points. That was four lay-ups, and a three that we were down by. Or three layups, and two threes that could have us in the lead by one point.

In the locker room, I made my dismay with my Coach's decision to not put me back in during the second quarter evident.

"Put me in! I can play! I'm playing my hardest out there, just put me in!" I screamed in frustration. Tired, I collapsed on one of the benches.

"Watch your tone with me young lady! You'll go in when I want you to go in and that's that."

I glared at my shoes. I untied them angrily and retied them. As we left the locker room, I slapped my palm against the big door with such a malignant force.

"Jenna!" I turned my head to see Gregg leaning against a wall. I shook my head at him and kept walking towards the gym. I took my rightful seat on the bench and stared up at the scoreboard. Coach finally put me in with four minutes and a few seconds left during third.

I dribbled, passed, received, and shot. Then I did it over and over again with a few changes in the order. Sometimes I'd pass to Margo and she'd shoot, or Clara would pass to me and I'd pass back to her after she got open again.

We worked well together. I felt less under pressure during some parts of the game. But when the other team inflicted pressure, they did it well. They cornered me a few times but I managed to get the ball to one of my teammates.

Where things went wrong was during fourth. Coach had taken me out to let me rest but put me back in after I caught my breath and cooled down. We had just rebounded the ball, and one of the seniors was making way down the court. She got blocked and threw the ball at me. I caught it and worked my way around the tall girl that was blocking me. I was taking my time, trying to keep control of the gall, when I felt good enough to go up for a layup. I pivoted and shot the ball at the rectangle outlined in red, the backboard.

I was in the air, about to prove one of Newton's Laws of Motion, when I was sent flying down by such a grand force. Instantly, I screamed out in pain when my hip and elbow sharply came into contact with the ground. And my head hit the ground right after my elbow making me feel dizzy. Moaning, I shielded my face away so no one would see my cry. I yelped and moved in pain. I could feel the lights from the ceiling beating down on me. I could feel the presence of my coaches and the sports trainer crowd around me, asking me questions and poking my bones which I fussed over. Even more so, I could feel the pain, the throbbing of my head, the awareness of the bruising that would occur on my hip.

My coaches helped me off the court, and I could hear the clapping and cheering coming from the bleachers. The trainer tended to me, taping ice against my hip and giving me an ice pack to hold against my head. One of the managers handed me some water that I graciously accepted and someone else was dabbing the sweat off my face and neck.

I watched the rest of the game with a squint; the lights were so damn bright. My teammates killed in the last minute of the game. Later in the locker room, I found out that they put their love for me into the game and won it for me. I thought it was sweet but I told them that they should have won for themselves. While everyone showered and filed out of the locker room to meet their families, I was guided out the room with the help of the school's trainer and one of my coaches. I had taken a shower and had to go take an ice bath. I limped out of the room, towards the training room. I was in spandex shorts and a sports bra when they eased me into the ice cold water. I squeezed the sides of the tub with both hands and groaned, closing my eyes.

"Stay in here for twenty minutes. I set the alarm so just get out when it rings." I nodded and they left with a few final words to let linger in the air, "you did good kid."

Finally alone, I cried silently to myself. I felt so many things right now and one of them was shame. I felt so ashamed of how I had acted earlier. It was uncalled for.

"Don't cry Jenna. You did so good. Your parents are so damn proud of you. I'm proud of you too babe."

My head hung in shame.

"Everyone around me was talking about how well you played. They nick-named you Jenna the Jag due to your feisty playing."

A small laugh escaped and I heard a laugh come from Gregg as well.

We sat in a comfortable silence until the timer went off. Gregg eased me out of the tub and picked me up and gently set me on the ground.

"Damn girl, are you going home like that? I mean I don't have a problem if you do but I think the parents will give you some looks," he smirked and tossed me my sweats. Wincing, I slowly pulled my sweatshirt on and just about died went I bent over to put my sweatpants one.

"Oh come here, I'm carrying you." Gently, he picked me up and carried me out of the room and then out of the school. The people that were still milling about smiled and congratulated me on a 'great game'.

After Gregg got me in the car, I had a panic attack about my bag.

"Relax," he rubbed my shoulder with one hand and started his silver Mazda with the other. "Your parents took it home."

At home, Gregg carried me into the house where I was swarmed by my parents who cautiously gave me hugs filled with love.

"Are you alright sweetheart?" I nodded and winced. "Gregg, honey, take her upstairs and I'll bring you somethings to make you feel better."

Gregg hauled me up the stairs and placed me on my bed. He pulled the covers out from under me to pull them over my body. A few minutes later my mom came in with some medicine and ice cream.

"Dad and I stopped at the store on the way back, we weren't sure if we had pain meds or not." She handed me the pills and a bottle of water. Before leaving she gave me a kiss on my forehead and told me that I did amazing tonight and that she loved me.

"Your mom is great," Gregg smiled.

"Shut up and lock the door." Obediently, he followed my instructions without any opposition. "Feed me," I grinned as he laid down next to me. He rolled his eyes before taking the container from me and opening it. "Thanks for being such a good boy- guy pal," I smirked.

"You may not know this yet, but I'd do anything for you." He gave me a quick kiss and I smiled at him.

I kissed his cheek and stared into his eyes trying to relay the message that I appreciated him. He nodded and kissed me on my forehead.

~~

Good?

Comment and tell me!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3K 62 20
What happens when the nerd and jock fall in love?
224K 6K 34
Jessica is your everyday not-so-stereotypical nerd. She does not act like regular nerds, who are obsessed with having perfect grades, although she is...
52.6K 1.2K 48
What happens when high school jock Joe falls in the love with the nerd Megan
378K 7.4K 23
When the anxious, new girl to the school runs into the popular boy and his friends she couldn't be more mortified. He couldn't be more godsmacked. ...