Nerd of my Dreams chapter 13

• Dedicated to All my commenters

hopefully this meets you guys' expectations of greatness

Comment and vote guys! Let's get this on What's Hot!

Jenna

There was really no way to sugar coat my feelings except to say that I've been unhappy for three weeks. That's how long Gregg's been gone. He hasn't returned to school since the day after our fall out. I've done everything from calling him a million times like a super stalker to going over to his house and getting turned down by his mother. How pathetic am I? Stephanie says that I should try to get over him but she doesn't understand how I'm feeling right now. I can barely comprehend everything that I've been feeling myself! Last weekend, I spent the whole time crying and wondering why he won't answer my calls and why he left me without any word on where he was going. All I want to do is work things out with Gregg and have us be good again.

"Steph pass the popcorn." My best friend, her boyfriend Jordan, his friends, and some others were at my house chilling. While the two of them were snuggled up on the couch, I was sitting on the floor with the others. It's kind of ironic since it's my house and I have to sit on the floor.

"Hey I want some too," Zack, one of Jordan's friends, took some popcorn out and ate it.

"Hey save some for me!" Zack's girlfriend Sadie pouted. Due to the fact that I was always with Chris and his friends and never ventured out of our posse, I never really talked to her before. We had several classes together over the years but I never got around to talking to her. Part of it is that I was afraid she wouldn't like me do to my high status and her lower one. Truthfully, I always thought that she'd be a cool person and it turns out she is. Sadie is also pretty entertaining with her expressionful face and charismatic laugh. She's a trip! Getting to know how awesome she is now, makes me regret not having the courage to talk to her sooner.

"Sadie!" she gave her blonde haired boyfriend a quick kiss on the cheek and smiled broadly.

Her bright green eyes sparkled brightly and her chestnut hair was prefectly straight and shiny. I was envious of her. She was so happy with Zack while my short-lived relationship with Gregg ended abruptly without any notice from him.

Not to mention that she was super pretty! Sadie and Stephanie looked great while I was wearing Hollister sweatpants and an old t-shirt from a recent basketball camp. Frowning, I looked down at my shirt to see an old ketchup stain above my left boob. Yuck.

"I think I'm going to go change. I'll be back in a minute."

"No, you look fine hon!"

"I really don't Steph."

Looking disgusting, my hair was still in a extremely messy bun from earlier today. What on Earth was I thinking having people over while I look like a hot mess? Rushing, I ran up the stairs to my room ready to get prettified.

In my closet, I rifled around for a cute top. My sweatpants actually made my butt look really good so I was going to keep them on. I snagged a v-neck tie-dye shirt and put it on. Walking out of my closet, I went to my bathroom to fix my hair. Staring at myself, I debated on what I should do to my dark mane. Gently, I pulled out my ponytail holder and shook my brunette hair out, and heated up my curling wand.

Fifteen minutes later, I had soft, glossy, curly hair. All I needed now was a swipe of lip gloss and I'll be good. Once I applied my favorite tube of gloss, I left my room to rejoin my awaiting guests.

Unlike the way I left them, everyone was up and dancing to Moves Like Jagger that was blasting from my stereo.

Thank God my parents decided to go out for date night. I hate to say this but hopefully they'll check into a hotel tonight.

"Jen Jen! Come dance with us!" Stephanie pulled me into a little dancing circle that consisted if her, Sadie, and Jordan. We turned around and around in circles shaking our hips and singing obnoxiously loud along with the radio.

Somehow a dance line formed in my small family room. In pairs, my new and old friends danced down the middle of the lines goofing off. When it was my turn, I was paired with a cute guy who I knew as Tyler, the class clown. He started doing the running man and I followed suit laughing my butt off the whole time.

Looking down the line at the dancing bodies and smiling and laughing faces, I realized just how much I needed this. Now that I think of it, this is the first time since Gregg's disappearance that I laughed and enjoyed myself. All I needed now was for Gregg to be here with me.

"Go Jenna, go Jenna," I smiled as everyone cheered for my crazy dances as I let loose down the line pulling out all the stops: the Sprinkler, the Lawn Mower, the Q-tip, and so many rediculous others that made everyone laugh.

After the awesome song Shiver by Coldplay went off, the dance line dispersed and broke off into little groups of dancers or just couples. I didn't realize exactly how many people were at my house until the 'small' groups were one big ol' group of people crowded around my family room and kitchen.

Alright... so I guess word got out about chill time at my house because a quarter of Greenville's student body is in my house. Fantastic! I'm going to have a lovely time cleaning this up after everyone leaves.

"Jenna!" I turned around looking for anyone who could have called my name. Everyone was milling about chatting with friends. "Jenna! Over here!" I spun around profusely looking for the culprite. "Jenna!" Someone grabbed my hand and spun me around.

"Jen Jen! There's a super hot guy here looking for you!" Sadie gushed, bouncing up and down on the balls of her feet. Zack who was standing right beside her scowled. She pouted looking up at him, "oh Zack, you know I love you baby."

He grinned kissing her temple.

"Love you too babe."

Looking at their lovesick looks almost made me want to throw up. Before I lose my dinner, I side-stepped the sickly adorable couple in search for the 'super hot guy' that was looking for me. Who would be looking for me? I'm just Jenna, an ordinary, good-looking Sophomore. If you think about it, I'm not exactly special, I'm just like everyone else. What sets me apart from the rest? Nothing. Flipping my curly hair over my shoulder I squished in between dancing bodies, avoiding random hands that would accidentally graze against the wrong parts of my body.

Finally where I wanted to be, I snagged a packet of fruit snacks out of the pantry and a bottle of water from the fridge. Unscrewing the bottle, I took a quick sip of water and turned around getting ready to go back into the war zone.

"Jenna."

I froze in place at the sound of the deep, smooth voice. Timidly, I looked up and gasped, sputtering out water and going into a mild choke. The newly titled sexy, mysterious boy gave me a soft pat on the back. He had short brown hair but it looked so soft and disheveled which made me want to run my fingers through it and 'mess it up' even more. His jaw was slim but a little angular: it was strong but not too strong which was great because sometimes very angular jaws can be overpowering. He also had a very tall frame. Remarkably, the tight black crew neck he was wearing showed the outline of his nicely sized biceps and whoa!- some nice pecs and abs from what I can see. His loose fit, dark wash, ripped jeans looked spectacularly well on him. He looked at me with such a ponderous look that made me want to know what he thought of me. Oh geez! I hope my jaw isn't dropped, I tried closing it and it didn't need shutting so that was good! But wait, now it probably looks like I have a twitch problem in my jaw. Shoot! I looked up at the new guy searching his face. He had such a familiar facial structure. His lips were very nice and pink. His nose was slender and straight with a slight crookedness at the bridge which furthered the idea of him being a bad boy and getting into fights. His lips held an undeniably sexy smirk that I couldn't help but stare at.

This can't be happening to me right now. This sexy guy is standing right in front of me, but in the back of my mind I'm thinking about the timid nerd that left me three weeks ago without a trace. FML to the max.