Wild Souls || Twilight Saga:...

By Ashlinized

"And so she learned that love was something you couldn't force; you had to trust that the universe would brin... More

S U M M A R Y
O N E
T W O
T H R E E
F O U R
PT. 2
F I V E
S I X
S E V E N
N I N E
T E N
E L E V E N

E I G H T

12K 554 48
By Ashlinized

The Denali coven was first.

They drove for over half a day, from Washington to the coldest points of Alaska. The Volvo was packed to the brim with Renessme, her parents, Alessia, and Jacob. Although it wasn't necessary for Alessia and Jacob to come along they couldn't seem to help it.

Alessia knew the sisters had experience with the immortal children and explaining to them would not be easy so she needed to be there for assistance. Jacob didn't need to hear another word as he was quick to agree with her.

As they arrived to the large compound Edward turned her way and the twins nodded silently. Jacob stared at his imprint as she unbuckled and went to do the same when her hand blocked the buckle. She eyed him and shook her head.

"We have to prepare them."

He understood why she spoke solely into his head as Renessme looked between them. He nodded and turned back to the young child with a smile while Alessia and Edward got out of the car.

"Think they'll take it well?" She asked, eyeing her brother as the walked through the snow. This was the first real moment they had to themselves.

"Would you?" He answered and silence filled the rest of their walk as she contemplated the answer.

If she was being honest no, not at all.

The Denali coven came outside as they neared the house, all of them but Irina awaited curiously as their faces gave away nothing.

Tanya, a blonde who once had a thing for the brother was the first to speak. "Edward, is everything all right? Why didn't you tell us you were coming?"

Carmen didn't give either sibling a chance to speak as she questioned. "Is it lrina? Have you heard from her?"

Edward pursed his lips, meeting Alessia's eyes and knowing he needed to speak before the situation got worse, yet he didn't know how to exactly phrase what was happening. "Not directly."

  "Why is your bride waiting in the car?" Eleazar was the next to say a word.

"And why have you brought a wolf with you? I can smell him from here." Kate muttered, lip slightly turning up in disgust at the smell.

Alessia attempted to not take much offense to the word although she wasn't quick enough to stop the words from leaving her lips. "He's with me... he is my mate."

Tanya raised an eyebrow to this, much like the rest of her clan. "I trust that isn't the only reason you came all the way here?"

Edward cleared his throat, taking a step near his sister to appear stronger as he spoke up. "My family is in danger. I need your help."

Carmen seemed concerned as she looked between them. "What's happened?"

"Irina happened." Alessia vaguely answered although that left them with more question then answers as the Denali's looked between one another with confusion.

Edward sighed and knew it was now or never because simply explaining to them would not be enough. "It's hard to explain but I need you to be open-minded. Can you do that?"

  Tanya, clearly the leader nodded her head. "Of course."

"Now." Alessia sent the message to Jacob, acknowledging that they would listen although she had no doubt chaos would soon erupt as this was a very sensitive subject for Tanya and Kate. Their mother had been heavily involved with the immortal children and lost her life to protect them, ever since then they were vocal about their hate for these children. If anyone could confirm or deny the situation at hand though it was them, they after all had experienced this firsthand. Still, the strawberry blonde was ready for anything to happen as the sound of car doors being opened was heard.

A series of gasps followed as Bella and Renessme got out of the car and the moment went from curiosity to chaos. Tanya growled towards them, "the Volturi will come for all of us. You get that thing out of here."

Edward refused, taking a step forward as his voice was leveled. "She's not what she looks like."

  "This is a crime!" Tanya raced forward and attacked Alessia who was slightly caught off guard. The strawberry blonde huffed in pain as she was struck and flew back. She landed with a flip and growled as Tanya went to attack her brother, she sped up until she was crashing back into the blonde and flung her directly into the piles of snow. Edward's screams of pain followed as she turned once Tanya was fully down.

Alessia growled ready to attack her when Bella appeared, she struck Kate, pushing the hand full of electrical charge right off her husband and holding it with a dominating growl. Bella hadn't lost her immunity and now as a newborn it seemed amplified. She pushed Kate back and growled. "Stay back!"

  Edward yelled over the standoff, turning towards his daughter. "She has blood in her veins. You can feel her warmth."

  Carmen finally spoke up and nodded quickly. "I can feel it."

  Edward nodded at her acceptance slowly began to explain. "I'm her biological father. Bella is her mother."

  Kate's breathlss opinion was low. "lmpossible."

  Bella went on. "It's true. She was born while I was still human."

  "I've never heard of such a thing." Eleazar said.

  Edward grasped his daughter and nodded down to her. "She can show you, if you let her."

"Tanya, you owe us this much." Alessia spoke up, bitterness lacing her voice. "We're all under a death sentence because your sister didn't let us explain."

Bella lifted her daughter, apprehensively stepping towards Tanya as she whispered, "Don't be afraid. This is how she communicates."

The child placed her hand upon the blondes cheek and it took less then a minute for the women to be convinced. "It's true. She's not immortal."

And so they began to win little battles in the impending war.

|•|•|•|•|•|

"You didn't have to come with me." Alessia turned towards Jacob who complained for the fifth time about the cramped train they were sat in.

"I know, but I wanted too." Jacob smiled happily towards her, patting her small hand that was placed over the arm rest. "Plus I couldn't be in a house full of vamps without you."

"You're coming to get a vamp." She pointed out, "with a vamp."

"This is different, you're not just a vamp to me now and he's also your ex boyfriend vamp." Jacob explained his ideology.

Alessia laughed softly, earning yet another look from the crowd of passengers sitting around them. It was always like this around humans, they never understood their beauty or their grace. The passengers whispered about them yet they ignored them.

"Kane's not my ex boyfriend." She explained. "He's my best friend."

"Who you also slept with."

"I don't think you have a right to be jealous, you were in love with Bella for awhile there." She retorted, although it slightly stung her heart she said it with a smile as to not worry the wolf.

Still Jacob winced at her words, lifting her palm and kissing it with his fiery lips. "I know, I'll always be sorry about that."

She leaned over, kissing his cheek. "It's okay, it's in the past."

Jacob seemed to want to say another thing when a women interrupted them, she had wild grey hair and a bouquet of roses in a white bucket. There was a few teeth missing as she smiled but still she was simply joyful to see them. "Flower for the beautiful couple?"

Alessia giggled, shaking her head when Jacob suddenly pulled into his pocket and yanked out his wallet. "She'll take one."

|•|•|•|•|

When they arrived to the log house that belonged to Kane West the wolf's happy attitude had significantly deteriorated as he trudged forward. The only thing keeping him from throwing a full fit was the fact that the strawberry blonde was clutching his hand with one hand and the red rose with the other. The wind was cold as her hair flared and she pushed forward.

Kane came outside before they arrived on his front step, he looked different to the last time Jacob had seen him, less intimidating. In his blue jeans and flannel he could see why Alessia got along well with him.

"What brings you here!" He yelled as they came closer and his smile only grew as he looked to their conjoined hands.

"We were in the neighborhood!" Alessia cheerfully responded, dropping Jacobs hand to hug her friend.

Jacob stood awkwardly as they embraced and then immediately attached his hand back to hers as she let go.

"I doubt that." Kane snorted, his eyes looked toward Jacob. There was not an ounce of anger in his gaze when directed at Jacob which the wolf found odd. "Hey mate, longtime no see."

Jacob lifted his hand. "Hi."

The cold palm didn't make Jacob wince as they shook hands and Kane pulled back. "Nice to see you two finally together. Now can you explain what's going on?"

Jacob looked towards the strawberry blonde, Alessia immediately feeling nerves rack through her. Kane was easily one of the most important allies they could have if this turned into a war with the Volturi but asking her oldest friend for this would be a suicide mission. She hadn't even told him exactly what the reason was yet and already she was contemplating his reaction. Kane was a very understanding person but he also was in the era of the immortal children.

Alessia sucked in a cold breath of air. "It's Renessme."

"What about her?"

"Irina, she came down a few weeks ago and before we could say a word or explain she took one look at Nessie and ran. She thinks Ness is an immortal child and she's told the Volturi and now they're coming to kill us. Kane, I can't let them do that... not to my whole family so I need you. All of us are scattering the globe for friends, anyone who will listen and attest to the fact she isn't an immortal child but there's a possibility it could come to a fight and I know this is more then I've ever asked you for and I've asked for a lot but—"

"I'm in."

"What?" She squeaked, believing she'd misheard him although by the determination on his face it was clearly real. "Kane, I don't think you understand they're coming to kill us... and we can't guarantee they won't try to kill you for helping."

"No, I'm in. This is what best friends do." He shook his head, turning his attention to Jacob. "You in wolf?"

"For her?" Jacob looked down towards Alessia. "Always."

"Good, I'll get my things."

|•|•|•|•|

AHHHHHH SAVE ME FROM THE FEELS

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.2K 350 20
"Okay, come on. We're both adults here. We can tell people we're...together." - Jake. Permanent. Like Sharpies. That's what they were looking at now...
370K 9.1K 61
He was her sanity amidst the hurricane (Eclipse-Breaking Dawn Part 2)
260K 6.8K 27
"The smell of her hair, the taste of her mouth, the feeling of her skin seemed to have gotten inside him, or into the air all around him. She had be...
318K 9.6K 60
'I can feel you comin' from a mile away My pulse starts racing from the words that you say And you say so many of them like you don't have a clue Tha...