π•€π•Ÿ 𝕋𝕙𝕖 π”Όπ•Ÿπ•• β€’ Erwin Sm...

By Mighty_Duckling

The world was empty. No ordinary humans walked down the street. There were only monsters from the apocalypse... More

1.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.

2.

2.5K 77 42
By Mighty_Duckling

Key items to know

Y/n- Your Name
B/n- Brothers Name
E/c- Eye color

- <— This mark means I suck at writing so this is to help transition. It's basically a two hours later in the book.

More may be added later.

Y/n pov.

Thankfully, we escaped the prison right before the wave of creatures from the city took over. Unfortunately, we couldn't save anyone inside the prison. I don't think I can ever get rid of that guilt.

One of the teenagers in the group suggested we go to a cabin in the woods. He said his grandpa lived there. I think the kids name was Armin. I'm kind of glad he lived in the woods. The cities have been hit the worst from what I can tell.

As we follow Armin down the path, I hear an alert from my phone. I honestly thought it was dead.

"Everyone listen up." I said reading the title of it. 'Project Titan' is what it read.

"This is Natalie from Channel 16 reporting the news. We are alive and safe. I've been informed the outbreak was a result of Project Titan. Project Titan is a classified government experiment gone wrong. If there's any survivors, please heed the following information. Titans can be normal and slow, but some of them are abnormal. They can have speed and they can-"

My phone died.

"What does she mean abnormal?" Levi asked.

"I don't know. I don't think I've encountered any abnormal ones." I said trying to recall any of them that stuck out.

I thought the ones I've been dealing with were abnormal, but now they're changing? Evolving? What kind of project was this? What were they gonna use this for?

"I know this." Hanji spoke up.

She knows this? Did she hear the news earlier? This doesn't make sense.

"Hanji don't-"

The sheriff was cut off by Hanji.

"Erwin they deserve to know." Erwin-I'm assuming- closed his mouth and looked towards the floor. His face screamed guilt. What did they do?

"I was a scientist working on project Titan. I quit after I found out they were abusing the testers. This project was made for a person to gain abilities that enable them to be more of a threat than your normal soldiers. We- they almost completed, but they lacked one ingredient."

Hanji paused to adjust her glasses.

"In order for the serum to work, the testers have to have the right DNA. It has to be perfect or else it mutates them as it does now. The scientist from before must've figured if one good DNA is all it takes then maybe they could mutate other cells by 'biting' another person to spread the serum. This is where the zombie aspect comes in. Honestly, it was meant to be more of a vampire effect. One is bitten then all its flaws are perfected. Instead it was a zombie effect." Hanji summarized.

I looked at her then at Erwin. He looked guilty.

"I was originally the commander in charge of getting test subjects. Me and Hanji applied at the prison to use people who didn't deserve to live as the subjects. When we heard what they were doing we resigned and continued to work at the prison." He said.

B/n glared at the two. The only time B/n has ever looked like this was whenever our dad threatened me.

"You sons of bitches-"

"B/n wait." I said stopping him. "We can't be mad at them. They know what this is. It's wrong to use anyone as a subject, but they tried to use them in a more humane way than the others."

I really hope I can reason with B/n. It's hard to get him to see the positive point of view, but Hanji and Erwin don't look like the type of people who would purposely be evil.

B/n walked right up to Erwin and stared him in the eyes. I tensed up not knowing what to do.

"Thank my sister you aren't dead." B/n said.

"Oh come on that's such a cliché line." I said trying to lighten the mood. B/n stood in front of Erwin still. It's like he was waiting for Erwin to turn on us. Not as a creature, but as a human being.

"I-I see the house!" Armin said breaking the tension.

The teens sprinted towards the cabin. Erwin and Hanji walked behind them. B/n followed in trail of them. I was stuck in the back with Levi.

"I knew we couldn't trust them." Levi said.

I couldn't respond. I knew he was right, but I still wanted to trust them. I ignored Levi's comment and walked ahead to speak with Hanji and Erwin.

"I don't blame you and I don't hold anything against you." I said calmly. "You had jobs and you tried doing it in a nicer way. It was still wrong, but a nice wrong."

"Thank you." Hanji said looking at me.

I smiled. Erwin didn't say anything so I spoke up.

"You're not gonna thank me-"

A scream cut me off.

We all sprinted towards the cabin to see a scene right out of a horror film.

Blood was everywhere. In the corner was a body laying very still. It was an old man. Late 50's. This must've been Armin's grandpa.

"We're too late." Armin said.

Poor kid. He must've had so much hope that his grandpa was safe.

"Hanji take the kids outside. Erwin let me see your gun." I said holding out my hand.

"W-What are you doing?!" Armin yelled.

"He's gone. The serum scrambles the brain. He doesn't know it's you." Erwin said.

Armin wouldn't move.

"Armin lets go." Mikasa said grabbing his arm.

"No Mikasa! I can't let them kill him!" Armin said.

Mikasa held him back as he desperately tried to  interfere with what was about to happen.

"This isn't right! We can't just-" Eren was cut off by Levi.

"What part of he's gone do you not understand?" Levi said. "Listen, sorry for your loss but he's not the same. People change and people die."

Levi grabbed Armin and took him outside. Mikasa and Eren didn't look too happy about it.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath in. So much was happening and I couldn't process it.

"I can do it." Erwin said stoically.

"Thanks but no thanks." I said knowing exactly what he was referring to.

"You look like you've never killed anyone before. Let me do it." Erwin said loading the gun.

"And you've killed someone before?" I asked sarcastically.

His mood didn't change.

"Holy shit. That's bad ass but bad." I said. Why do I sound like such an idiot?! I should've known he's killed someone before! He was in his position as a warden to send people to die. And I thought he was a sheriff.

"I can do it Erwin. I killed a lot of those things on the way-" before I could finish a shot was fired.

I was so caught up in thinking about him killing people to notice the creature getting up.

"They're called Titans. Titan comes from the Greek mythology. They were Gods, and we tried to recreate that. This was the result" Erwin said putting the gun away. The body began to evaporate just like the others.

We. I'm going to assume he's referring to his former job. They must've been fired not to long ago for them still referring to their jobs.

"Fine." I said "We'll call them titans. It's a mouthful so I may call them tits for short." I said jokingly.

For the first time today, I saw him smile. It was a little terrifying honestly.

"You're entertaining." He said walking past me.

What kind of compliment is that? Never mimd, I can't overthink it right now. I need to check up on everyone.

-

After Armin falling asleep, we decided to stay in the cabin for the night. I hate forcing Armin to stay at the place his grandpa died, but the suns already set and who knows how dangerous these titans are at night. There were three rooms in the house. The kids have the one up stairs with Hanji. Erwin and Levi are sharing and me and B/n are taking first watch.

The night seemed quiet. It was so peaceful it made me forget about everything happening. It felt nice.

"I feel bad for the Armin kid." B/n said breaking the silence.

"Me too." I admitted. "He shouldn't have to have his last family member die like that."

"I agree. That makes me feel awful, but I can't help but wonder what happened to the zombie that killed his grandpa." B/n said.

"They're called titans." I corrected.

B/n looked at me.

"You're really gonna call them that name?" B/n said.

"It fits. These things may be like zombies, but they're different. They don't die when you aim for the head, instead it's the nape. They also evaporate." I said recalling the differences.

"You're too soft. I know that Erwin and Hanji made you- there's a cellar." B/n said stopping.

"What? That was out of no where." I said looking at B/n.

"I know Armin's grandpa was bitten, but he must've fought off the creature. I noticed a cellar type structure outside the house." B/n said.

"We didn't see any blood it can't be-" I stoped talking.

"We need to check it out." B/n said.

"What?! You mean you're just now telling me there's a cellar with a possible Titan in it and you want to explore it?" I asked.

"Yes. We still have the axe so it'll be fine." B/n said.

"It's too dark. We won't see it even if it's there." I said.

"We have flashlights." B/n said picking up the axe and a flashlight.

He started his journey to the cellar. I followed behind him weaponless. I could've grabbed a kitchen knife, but I didn't.

B/n opened the doors to the cellar and aimed a flashlight towards the bottom.

"Y/n take the flashlight. I need to be ready in case something happens." B/n said.

I complied with his request. B/n walked calmly down the stairs waiting for anything. We didn't find anything.

"I think it's clear- AAH" B/n covered his mouth.

I pointed the flashlight down revealing a Titan. This wasn't like the other ones. It was a kid. No older than 5 for sure. B/n picked the axe up and sliced the Titans head off.

"You're bleeding." I said looking at B/n's leg. He got bit.

"I'm not." He said. I began to tremble. I just rescued him and now- I can't lose him.

"Y/n calm down. This isn't the time." He said.

"We need to patch you up." I said aiming the light around. From the looks of it, there weren't anymore titans.

"Y/n I'm going to be fine. Hanji said they combine with DNA so maybe I'm compatible with it." B/n said.

"Let's just clean it and stop the bleeding." I said. I looked around and saw three guns and a sword on display. I'm ignoring the weapons and the sword for now. I need a first aid kit. Luck is in my favor when I spot the kit.

I pulled out alcohol, thread, and a needle. Using the alcohol, I cleaned the needle and the wound. My brother winced as I put alcohol on the wound. I stitched him to the best of my abilities then wrapped his leg.

"I'm not a doctor." I say looking at my work.

"I can tell." He says with a smile. "Let's go inside. Our shift is almost over."

End of chapter 2.

Thank you for reading! Hopefully it lived up to your expectations! Let me know if you have any concerns! The titans concept might make more sense now than just randomly calling them titans 😅

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

88.6K 3.9K 66
Growing up on the street of Liberio was never easy. The only way out was to join the warrior unit to insure the safety of you and your sister. What h...
334K 8.1K 59
I apologise that the first few chapters spelling are terrifying as I didn't check them but the other chapter later on in the story are double checked...
64.3K 4.5K 30
Between life and death, there is hope. But every ending has the same outcome: the Rumbling razes the earth, taking the person you love with it. Afte...
27.8K 836 14
οΉ™β­”οΌŽπŸ« "its funny that we've both fucked so many people, βŸ† ( 〃yet we still havent ran into each other." .) β˜…β˜†οΉ” "maybe thats a good thing."οΉ† β—ƒοΌŽa sto...