Kept Away ✧ b. w. simpson

Galing kay seopreme

Karolina Bentley takes interest in the student exchange program at her school. Disappointed that she doesn't... Higit pa

Kept Away (Bradley Will Simpson)
Prologue: The Request
Chapter 1: L.A.
Chapter 2: At the pier
Chapter 3: Bright or Broken
Chapter 4: Comforting and Interruptions
Chapter 5: A Late Night Apology
Chapter 6: Seeing More that Meets the Eye
Chapter 7: The One You Want
Chapter 8: Not Okay
Chapter 9: Friends
Chapter 11: Whiplash
Chapter 12: Until We Know
Chapter 13: Please
Chapter 14: The Truth
Epilogue: Wild Heart

Chapter 10: A Good Distraction

530 19 1
Galing kay seopreme

.:.Karolina's POV.:.

I got ready for classes today and waited at the end of the stairs for Brad.

"Brad, honey you guys will be late." My mom shouted from the kitchen. Brad paced down the steps and made his way to the kitchen, grabbing a piece of toast before we headed out. It was strange seeing him this way.

His hair was disheveled as he pulled his coat on. He was always ready way before me. As he tossed his books into his bag, he got into my car and tossed it in the back.

We parted ways once we got to school. He was a morning person. I gotten to know that from the time we've spent together on the way to school. But today could easily make anyone else think otherwise.

When we were finished with school today, I waited in the car. My class had ended earlier today leaving me to do nothing in the meantime but wait. I noticed Brad walking in the distance and waved. He waved back, approaching the car.

"Hey." I said as he got in. He smiled, but it didn't touch his eyes. As I started the car, we buckled our belts. I turned the radio on, the awkward silence filling the car.

"Hey." Was all he replied before he put in his earphones.

Once we arrived home, I parked the car in the driveway and we got out. Mom made us dinner and since they had eaten before we arrived, it was just me and Brad at the table.

As I poked at my food in front of me, Brad continued to eat from his plate. 

"So, you weren't late today again, were you?" I joked, twirling my fork into the pasta. His eyes met mine and he chuckled.

"No. I was not, in fact." He smiled as his eyes fell to the table.

"Hey honey. Scott's at the door." My mom called out. As she stood in the door frame, my eyes drew back to Brad.

I watched as his expression gradually changed within seconds. His smile disappeared into what now seemed like frustration. His brows creased at the center as he dropped his fork.

"Brad, are you okay?" I asked him. He nodded, noticing my curiosity and got up to place his plate in the sink. A huff left his lips before he turned for the hallway.

I carefully opened the door, not to make it loud. I shut it, and looked up at Scott.

"Hey." He single-wordedly greeted me.

"Hey." I shifted uncomfortably under his watch as he towered over me. His sympathetic smile sent shivers down my spine, the pity blatant in his actions. 

"I'm sorry. I- We never meant to hurt you." He apologized. His eyes were glazed over with pain.

"I know." A sigh let my lips as I turned to the ground.

"I still want us to be friends. You mean that much." He said, pulling me into what was an attempt to be a comforting hug, the it mostly felt awkward.

"I do too. I just need time... To get used to it." I admitted as I pulled away.

"I understand." He mumbled. He nodded and then smiled down at me. I waved as his car pulled out of the driveway before it disappeared down the street. 

The breeze flowed through the door as I shut it. I brushed a piece of hair behind my ear as I walked past the hallway.

Brad's door had shut.

****

The next day as we sat at one of the tables at our school café, Scott and Jo sat next to each other. Everyones classes ended around the same time today and we decided on hanging out.

I sat across from them, taking in the picture of them together. It was hard but I had to start getting used to it. As I observed them, Jo had unknowingly watched Scott as he laughed, talking to one of his friends who was sitting opposite him.

She looked so in love with him.

"Come in line with me." Brad nuged my arm with his elbow. I turned to him, half-expecting some kind of distraction from him. I nodded as he watched me get up.

"Where are you two going?" Jo asked us curiously.

Her eyes remained on me conspicuously. Scott was mid conversation with his friend as we left the table. I stood beside Brad as we waited behind a queue of about four other people.

The roar of laughter and chatter filled the small room. Brad turned his body so that he was somewhat facing me. A sympathetic smile was painted across his lips as hestood beside me. 

"Thanks. For distracting me." I said quietly.

"You need the distraction." He chuckled.

My face felt flushed at his words, true to my situation. I couldn't help it. But distraction was good, especially at times like this. He turned back towards the line, ordering a burger and fries. I'd eaten before I left, but Brad insisted on sharing his food with me.

As we sat back down, he pushed his small basket of fries toward me. I pulled out my phone in attempts to make myself look occupied. 

My phone buzzed unexpectedly, my finger sliding across the screen to answer the call. I stepped away from the table to speak.

"Hey honey. I'm leaving for work. You're father is out with Rae at you're grandparent's house. Where are you at now?" My mom inquired. Her voice seemed a bit rushed, jangling of keys filling the backround, followed by a door shutting.

"The school cafe with Brand, Scott and Jo." I informed her. 

"Okay, well I need you to be home soon. I'm not sure what time they'll get back. Love you baby."

"Okay. I'll be home soon. Love you mom." And then I hung up.

"What was that?" Scott asked, interested in my phone conversation with my mom.

"Just my mom. We actually need to leave soon." I blurted out. Jo's expression saddened as her bright smile turned into a frown.

"You can't leave yet!" We we're all planning on going to the skate park and hang out!" She said excitedly.

"I have to wait for my dad and little sister to get home. I wish I could." I pouted.

"We'll see you later then. Bye Karolina." Scott said abruptly and waved, before taking Jo's hand in his. His friend got up as well., following behind them. Jo returned my wave before they headed out the café doors.

When we got home, Brad went straight to his bedroom across the hall. I set my things down and changed into a t-shirt and some comfy shorts. As I pulled the bun from my hair, I let it fall in loose curls. 

I retrieved some books and my binder from my bag in an attempt to do some homework. I was sprawled out on my stomach, my elbows supporting me as I leaned over my book. I couldn't concentrate on anything I was doing.

I got up from my previous position, finding myself in front of his door. I lightly knocked, refusing to push it open even if it was only open ajar.

I heard footsteps before the door creaked open revealing Brad. A pair of grey and blue plaid pajama bottoms adorned his bottom half as he was bare chested.

"Come in. Sorry I was just looking for a shirt." He apologized. He scoped his room, finding a grey folded t-shirt on the lounge chair.

"I got bored studying." I chuckled. I studied his room, the bed unmade. The faint smell of cologne lingered in the air, tickling my senses. It was a pleasant scent, musky and masculine. 

"I would accompany you, but I myself have to study, for an exam." He replied. His lean fingers ran through the front of his hair as his eyes left mine instantly.

"Oh." I said, instantly regretting ever bothering him.

"I could join you after perhaps?" He asked, trying to lighten the mood back up.

"No I don't want to bother you anymore." I said shyly. I stepped back, my mind making a run for it. My feet didn't react though, keeping me in the same spot in front of his room.

I turned on my heels, the door shutting behind me. As the door sounded, my eyes shut, instantly regretting it.

I fell back on my bed, wishing that I was doing something rather than doing homework and studying. The moment he refused, my heart sank because my hoped were high, expecting him to say yes.

An exasperated sigh left my lips as I rolled over and went back to attempting my homework.

© 2013 ILLUKEMINATTl. All Rights Reserved.

________________________________

Hello loves!

Sorry it's late, but this is it! I hope you liked it. So first day back to classes was yesterday. I hate it because I have an extremely early class. I am not a morning person by any means. Today I also spent alot of money on books. FML. I hate school. Period.

What do you guys hate about school? There are so many thing I hate; the list goes on.

Anyways, I hope you like this! Until next week :)

COMMENT, VOTE, FAN and such :)

~Alyssa

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

719K 13.5K 69
When Connor Ball falls into Sophia's life, she is thrown into a crazy world of fans, fame and romance. Suddenly her life is turned upside down, and s...
35.2K 1.4K 42
Tammy Vera Scaletta is on vacation in Birmingham with her boyfriend, Joey Lancaster. In a vision, Tammy sees that she goes to a party and meets a mys...
4.1K 53 15
When Shannon and Chloe, two university students meet The Vamps one day rehearsing little did they know what they was getting involved in. Soon love s...
177K 2.4K 115
What happens when Liz and her best friend Nina goes to an McFly concert, and their support act is The Vamps? What will one like on Instagram lead to...