The BadBoy & The WallFlower

By awkward_trouble

I'm the wallflower. He's the BadBoy. More

1) The Dinner
2) The Badboy
3) The Jock
4) The New Friend
5) The Old Friend
6) The Cupcake
7) The Blurting
8) The Soccer Mom
9) The Gala
10) The Batmobile
11) The Poptarts
12) The Ice Cream War
13) The Sneak Attack
14) The Decision
15) The Note
16) The Goodbye
17) The Terrible Chef
18) The Movie Moment
19) The Accident
21) The Guest
22) The Gossip
23) The Speed Racer
24) The Missing Father
25) The Tea Cup
26) The Poker face
27) The Staring
28) The Calm Before
29) The Storm
30) The Reunion
31) The Next Morning
32) The Talk
33) The Reconciliation

20) The Picture

274 15 11
By awkward_trouble

Lena
-

"Thanks? That's all you could say? You're so stupid." Drew scolded me.

"Gee thanks, I think I noticed."

"But like, what did you do after saying thanks?" Maya asked.

"I ran away." I smiled sheepishly. Last night after he had confessed to liking me I froze and left. I felt like such an A-hole but I'm socially awkward.

Face palming, they both shook their heads, "You're an idiot."

"I didn't know what to say." I raised my hands in defense.

"Maybe something along the lines of, I like you too."

"I got nervous!" I groaned.

"I'm still going to kill Isaac." Maya crossed her arms.

"Same." Drew agreed.

"Guys honestly I don't care, I never really felt like we connected anyways."

"Still he's an A-hole."

"Maybe we can like key his car." Nate suggested.

"No, he'd probably get it fixed anyways."

"Ooh I got an idea! But we need Daren for this, so go apologize!!" Maya shoo'd me.

"Fine, bye." I waved as I headed towards the hospital.

I felt as nervous as I did when I first came to see him, except it felt more like butterflies than pain.

I knocked before I heard a muffled voice saying to come in.

"Hey." I awkwardly waved.

"Did you forget something?" He asked, avoiding my eye contact.

"Actually yeah," I took a deep breath and stepped forward.

He looked over curious. "Daren Grey, I am so amazed by what type of person you are, sure you're an asshole sometimes but behind that bad boy charm you're an amazing guy and a nerd who loves to watch supernatural and cook breakfast even thought it tastes horrible and I am utterly infatuated with you, simple as that."

"Simple as that?" He raises an eyebrow.

"Yep." I shrug.

He grins and waves me over. "You're amazing." He pats the empty space next to him and I lay down with my head on his chest.

He takes a deep breath kissing my forehead, "God I hope this isn't a dream."

"It's not." I smile up at him.

"You're beautiful."

"And you're extremely cheesy." I crinkle my nose.

"You love my cheesiness." He teases.

"I do." I smile laying my head on his chest.

"What is this?!" Our attention goes towards Isaac who barged in.

"Heh." I chuckle standing up and walking up to him. I caress his cheek right before smacking his soul out of his body. "Why don't you get Kristen to get a better look at that?" I fake pout.

He looked like a deer caught in headlights. "Look I-"

I shut him up before he started talking. "Honestly I don't care, just go."

He walked away with his head hung low.

-
-

"Then what happened?" My friends questioned me.

"I slapped him." I shrugged.

"Woah, nice." Drew approved.

"So are you and Daren dating?" Maya questioned.

"Well, we confessed to liking each other.. so I guess we're gonna explore that." I shrugged a small smile playing at my lips. "Anyways, I gotta go." I stood up gathering my things from Maya's room.

"Where to?"

"Picking up Daren from the hospital, he's getting discharged today." I wave goodbye as I walk out towards my car.

At the hospital Daren is getting dressed wincing as he tugs his shirt on. "Damn." He hisses.

"You okay?" I ask.

"I'm good now." He smiles winking at me.

I roll my eyes playfully. "So am I dropping you off at your house?"

"Unfortunately yes, god it's going to be such a pain in the ass having to go up so many flights of stairs." He groaned.

"Ha! I told you to get an elevator!" I laugh, my eyes land on his foot which has a brace. "I thought you didn't break anything?"

"I didn't, it's pretty bruised and the doctors said to wear a brace so that I don't mess my ankle up." He shrugged. "Doing shit is gonna be a bit harder now."

I frowned realizing he didn't have anyone to take care of him at his house. It wasn't the most loving home, especially having to share it with his asshole of a brother. Plus he lived in the attic, that would be a lot of walking for someone with a brace. I got an idea and hoped it didn't sound to crazy.

"Hey, how about you stay at my house?" I offered.

"Oh, I don't want to be a bother." He tried to refuse.

"Trust me, you won't." I smile. "Plus, it's gonna be a lot easier to maneuver around my house then your house." I shrug.

"Are you sure? Will your mom mind?" He questioned.

"My mom is out of town, but I'm sure she won't mind." I shrug.

"Alright, thanks cupcake." He smiles and throws his arm around me. "Lets go."

We stop at Daren's house to pick up some clothes for him, I tell him I can find his room on my own and he waits downstairs. I climb up the endless flight of stairs until I reach the attic. Stepping into his room was like stepping into heaven. His room has a blue/white theme and huge windows letting natural light shine in.

I shook my head snapping out of my admiring gaze. I look for his suitcase and open it throwing outfits together and picking a few shoes too. After gathering his clothes I head to grab his personal stuff from the bathroom stuffing them in a bag. As I finish up something on the counter catches my eye. I walk over and pick up a small frame that I've been missing in my room. It was a random picture of me from my summer adventures. I had wondered where this picture went. A small smile played at my lips as I set the picture back on the counter. He can keep it.

Taking his suitcase I walk out of his room locking the door as he instructed and headed back downstairs. I almost dropped his suitcase a few time but caught it just in time to save myself the embarrassment.

"Ready to go?" I panted.

Daren looked up from his seat looking amused. "Did you run a marathon or something?" He chuckled.

"I know I'm out of shape okay!" I pouted laughing.

"Trust me, I'm not complaining."  He winked.

-
-
Heyo!
College has begun yet again. Sadness man. Anyways here's ya update! Enjoy! Or not? Idc lol jk

Kay bye babes!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.8K 327 37
Ten years have passed since the accident in the barn when Finbarr O'Connor had lost his vision. For so long, he'd been pining for Emma Archer, though...
970 210 51
A lot of things can go wrong at a wedding, murder is never anticipated to be one of them. After someone is killed at her sister's wedding, Mickey fin...
144K 5K 22
Hell was the worst place to be after death. The torture is inevitable and the conditions are miserable. There is no remorse for those who have commit...
118K 9.2K 11
Her şey bana gelen mektupla başlamıştı. Ufacık bir not kağıdında yazan şeyler büyük olaylara ve hayatımın değişmesine yol açmıştı. Ben kendimden emin...