Begin Again

By bocasmaries

Selena Gomez is a 22 year old-fresh out of college and ready to begin a new life with her four year old daugh... More

Begin Again
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Epilogue
GO READ MY NEW STORIES
SEQUEL ANNOUNCEMENT
Okay For Real This Time, Sequel + New Stories
Spin Off Is Up
Did I Just Do That?

Chapter 4

19K 409 353
By bocasmaries

Chapter 4:

Selena’s POV:

“Demi I have a problem.” I said into the phone.

“Selena, you just got back—how can you have a problem already?”

“Well after you all left yesterday, Justin showed up.” I began.

“You mean Justin actually came?”

“Yep. He asked me to lunch, since he didn’t make it to my welcome back party you guys threw for me.”

“And what did you say?”

“Well at first I was hesitant, but he said he wasn’t going to take no for an answer so I said yes. He got excited and picked me up and began spinning me around.” I said smiling at the thought of what happened yesterday.

“What’s the problem about that?” Demi asked confused.

“Well—Kaylie walked in. And she called me ‘mommy’.” I said and Demi gasped.

“Does he know its—“

“No, he doesn’t know it’s his. I didn’t tell him all that info. I basically kicked him out the house.”

“Are you still meeting him for lunch?”

“Yeah—and get this. I have to take Kaylie.”

“Why do you have to take Kaylie?”

“She basically forced me. She said how come she has met all my other friends, except Justin. And I know Kaylie—if she is anything like Justin and I—she will not take no for an answer.” I chuckled slightly.

“Yeah, she is all you and Justin alright.” Demi chuckled. “So are you still meeting him for lunch?”

“Yeah, I can’t just bail.” I sighed. “Then he’ll diffidently be asking me questions. Maybe he won’t ask me questions if Kaylie is next to me.”

“MOMMY!” I heard Kaylie yell.

“Speaking of the devil, she’s yelling for me.” I laughed. “I’ll talk to you later Dems.”

“Okay Sel. Have fun!” Demi said then hung up.

“What Kaylie?” I yelled back.

She soon walked into my room and crawled on my bed. “What time do we go met your friend?” Kaylie asked.

“One o’clock.” I smiled. She looked at the clock beside my bed and read 10:37a.m.

“Ugh, we still got a long time before we go meet him.” Kaylie huffed and I smiled.

“Well I’m glad you’re excited to meet my friend.”

And scared.

“Selly!” Gracie said coming into my room.

“What Grace?” I asked as she and Jazzy stood in my door way.

“Are you going anywhere?”

“Yeah, Kaylie and I are meeting Justin for lunch.” I said.

“Oh does Justin know—“Gracie began but I began shaking my head and she stopped talking.

“Why you ask?” I asked her.

“Because I was gonna ask if you could drop Jazzy and I off to our friend Nia’s house?” Gracie said. “We haven’t seen her since school ended for summer break, and she asked if we wanted to hang out at her house with the other girls. And since mom and dad are at work, I was gonna see if you didn’t mind.”

“Sure. Are you girls already ready?” I asked.

Both nodded their heads.

“Okay, just give me time to get Kaylie and myself ready and then we can head out.” I smiled.

“This may take hours.” Gracie said and Jazzy chuckled then walked out of my room, causing me to roll my eyes at their behavior.

“Okay Kaylie, how about you go pick out an outfit while I get ready, and then I’ll help you get ready?” I said to Kaylie.

“Okay mommy. I’ll just go play with my toys and wait.” She said then hopped off my bed and walked down the hall to her room.

I got up from my bed and walked into my bathroom that was attached to my room. I did my business, then washed my hands and brushed my teeth before turning the shower on making sure the water was warm enough and I stepped in letting the warm water massage my skin.

I stayed in for about another thirty minutes before getting out and I wrapped my body in a towel and walked into my room, shutting my door and locking it.

I walked over to my dresser pulling out an outfit. I decided on wearing my black tall MOTO Joni Jeans from Topshop, a peach color crop top, and matched it with some black pumps. For jewelry I just went with a bracelet that Mason had gotten me for our four month anniversary—a bracelet that said love on it.

I walked back into my bathroom plugging in my blow-dryer and began blow drying my hair. I looked at my phone’s clock seeing it was 11:55 a.m.

I walked out my bathroom as soon as I was done blow-drying my hair and went to my door unlocking it.

“GRACIE!” I yelled. Soon Gracie came a few feet from my door. “Can you give Kaylie a bath and start getting her ready?” I asked.

“She’s already done.” Gracie said.

“What?” I asked shocked. I walked out my room and followed Gracie down to her room, where Jazzy and Kaylie were sitting watching ‘Frozen’ on the TV screen.

“Kaylie, did you get dressed by yourself?” I asked my daughter.

“Yes. Well, Jazzy and Gracie helped me with my bath, but I got dressed by myself! I just want you to curl my hair.” She smiled.

I scanned over Kaylie’s outfit, seeing she was wearing black skinny jeans, a pink tie-die shirt she had done in daycare, and her black flats.

My daughter has such good fashion taste I smiled to myself.

“Okay, I’ll do your hair as soon as I’m done.” I smiled and walked back down to my room to finish my hair.

While my curling iron heated up, I did my make-up, not over doing it. Just putting some slightly on; my black eyeliner, and mascara, and I put on my nude colored lip-gloss so it looked like I didn’t have any on really.  

I began curling my hair, making it look like beach waves then ran my fingers combing it through a little.

“KAYLIE!” I yelled. I heard footsteps coming and soon my daughter sat on the toilet smiling wide. I began curling her hair like mine and soon I was done. Luckily for her hair it only took about 10 minutes, while my hair took twice that.

I looked at my phone once again seeing it was 12:45 p.m.

Time sure does fly by fast.

“Go tell Gracie and Jazzy I’m ready.” I smiled and Kaylie nodded her head and walked off. I grabbed my black Chanel vintage purse that felt like quilt and put my money in there, and my phone inside. I grabbed my keys and walked down the stairs seeing all three girls already waiting in the foyer.

“Let’s go.” I smiled.

I am so glad my parents are letting me drive the BMW. They said I could have it since I didn’t have a car. In New York I never drove. Neither did Layne. We always took a cab, or walked to our destinations.

After a short 15 minute drive, I pulled up infront of Nia’s house and said goodbye to Jazzy and Gracie.

“Wait—who’s picking ya’ll up?” I asked rolling down the window.

“I’ll ask Nia’s mom if she can bring us home.” Gracie said and I nodded my head.

I drove the next 5 minutes to Panera, where Justin was waiting. I looked on the car’s dashboard clock, seeing it was 1:10 p.m.

Hopefully Justin doesn’t think I bailed. I would call or text him, but I never got his number.

I finally pulled up in front of Panera Bread, and luckily it wasn’t that crowded.

“C’mon Kaylie.” I smiled. Kaylie smiled wide and got out the car and grabbed my hand and I walked us into the restaurant.

“Hello, how can I help you?” The waitress asked.

“I’m actually here meeting a friend.” I said.

“Are you Ms. Gomez?” She asked me and I nodded my head and she ushered me to follow her. I held onto Kaylie’s hand, while the lady took me to a back booth, where I saw Justin was waiting reading a menu. He looked up, and when his gaze met mine he smiled so big, it looked like his cheeks could fall off. Then he looked down to my side seeing Kaylie and he smiled half—heartily.

“Hi Justin.” I smiled politely. I let go of Kaylie’s hand and helped her into the booth first and then I slid in next to her.

“Can I get ya’ll anything to drink?” The waitress asked, whose name was Amber, once I saw her name tag.

“I would like an Iced Tea and just give my daughter a strawberry smoothie.” I smiled. Amber nodded her head and said she’ll be right back after handing me a menu.

“Hi Selena.” Justin smiled, and then turned to Kaylie. “Hi cutie, I don’t think we’ve met. I’m Justin.” He smiled, “What’s your name?” He asked.

I always knew Justin was good with kids—I saw it with Gracie and Jazzy.

“I’m Kaylie.” Kaylie said with confidence. Another thing, Kaylie was never shy when it came to meeting new people—she gets that from me. “Are you and my mommy friends?” She asked. Mommy. I saw Justin look at me then he nodded his head.

“Yeah, me and your mommy are friends.” Justin smiled.

The waitress came back bringing mine and Kaylie’s drinks then took our orders. I ordered Kaylie the Kids Grilled Cheese sandwich, and I got the BBQ Chicken Salad, and Justin ordered himself a Smokehouse Turkey Panini. The waitress wrote down our orders, taking our menus back.

“Since when did Selena Marie Gomez eat salads? I never knew you to eat healthy.” Justin chuckled.

“Well once you have a kid it’s not easy to loose baby fat like it looks.” I laughed.

“It doesn’t even look like you had a kid. Your body looks great Sel.” Justin said—causing me to blush. He actually made me blush!

“So what do you do now?” I asked trying to change the subject taking a sip from my tea.

“I own my own company. Pencils Of Promise. I help raise money to build schools around the world, and help kids with their education. Sometimes I even visit the different countries myself and help out.” Justin smiled. 

“That’s good to hear.” I smiled. I always knew Justin wanted his own business too and he got that.

Hearing this, a side of me is glad I never told Justin Kaylie was his. Because if I did, he probably would have never went to St. Louis, and he probably wouldn’t be owning his own business.

“What about you?” Justin asked.

“Well, since I had Kaylie I really couldn’t do anything.” I said. It felt weird telling Justin about Kaylie, since he now knows I have a daughter. “I just worked at a coffee shop around the corner from where I was staying.”

“And where were you staying?”

“With a friend of my mom’s. Her name was Layne, she was really nice and she helped me raise the little scamp.” I chuckled turning to face Kaylie who now had my phone in her hand playing fruit ninja.

I remember when I was obsessed with that game.

“At least you weren’t staying in some dorm room—or alone. I’m glad you were taking care of.” Justin smiled and I smiled. “So—umm—did you date or anything?” He asked nervously.

“Not really. Just around.” I began. “Once they found out I had a daughter they always bailed. Only one stayed. We became close friends after I spilled coffee on him, then we dated for about 2 years.” I said. Then I actually started missing Mason a little.

My thoughts were interrupted when Amber—our waitress brought our food.

Justin’s POV:

“Thank you so much for lunch Justin. How much do I owe you?” Selena asked.

“It’s nothing Selena. This was all on me.” I said. The waitress came over and I paid for the lunch telling her to keep the extra $10 as a tip and her eyes and smile widened telling me thank you.

“Well thank you.” Selena smiled. “For lunch.”

“Thank you Justin!” Kaylie—Selena’s daughter smiled towards me. It was weird calling her Selena’s daughter—because it was still hard to process but I guess I will have to get used to it since it’ll never go away.

“You’re welcome Kaylie.” I smiled.

“Mommy do we have to go home? I want to spend more time with my new friend.” Kaylie whined.

“Sweetie Justin has to go back to work.” Selena said turning to her daughter and it looked like Kaylie was going to begin to cry.

“But I’m off tomorrow.” I said quickly—which wasn’t a lie. But why I said that—I have no clue. Kaylie’s eyes lit up and Selena turned to face me.

“Really?” Selena asked and I nodded my head. “Well do you mind if I just drop her off with you? I’m trying to look for some jobs and tagging her along won’t be a good thing.” Selena chuckled.

“Sure that’s fine.” I smiled.

“Oh my gosh I get to hang with Justin tomorrow?” Kaylie asked surprised.

“You sure do sweetie.” Selena chuckled.

“Yay.” Kaylie clapped.

We all got out of the booth and Kaylie came over to me and wrapped her tiny arms around my legs. I laughed and picked her up, setting her on my hip.

We all walked out to the parking lot, and just to my luck, Selena actually parked next to me.

“Ha, you parked next to me.” I chuckled.

“Really?” Selena laughed.

“Yep.” I smiled as we reached her car.

“Aright missy, we gotta go, so Justin can get back to work.” Selena said.

“Bye Justin, I’ll see you tomorrow, okay?” Kaylie said so cutely.

“Okay, I’ll see you tomorrow bud.” I chuckled and she hugged me and I hugged her back before handing her to Selena. Selena put her in her car seat in the back seat and shut the door.

“Thank you for taking Kaylie tomorrow.” Selena smiled. “You know you really didn’t have to.”

“It’s no problem. It looks like she has grown on me.” I chuckled and Selena smiled.

“So I’ll drop her off around 10 in the morning tomorrow.” Selena said.

“Okay, see ya’ll tomorrow.” I smiled and I walked up to Selena giving her a quick hug, and to my surprise she hugged back.

Selena let go and smiled then got into her car.

I stepped away from her car and she backed out and I waved, and both girls waved, and Selena drove off.

I got into my truck, and drove back to the office which was a 15 minute drive.

Since I’m hanging with Kaylie tomorrow maybe I can ask her who her father is.

+

“Hi Mr. Bieber.”

“Hello.” I said to the woman at the front desk. I always forget her name, I just know she always tries to flirt with me, and when Sasha catches her, let’s just say it’s not a pretty sight.

I went up to my office and saw Sasha sitting in my chair with her feet up on my desk.

“What are you doing here?” I asked her.

“Thought I’d pay a visit to my wonderful boyfriend.” She smiled and got up wrapping her arms around my neck. But she pulled away.

“What’s wrong?” I asked.

“Why do you smell like another girl?” Sasha snapped.

“Oh, it must be from Kaylie.” I said.

“Kaylie?” Sasha hissed. “And who is this Kaylie?”

“Um, a little girl?” I chuckled. “It was Selena’s daughter.” I said.

“Oh.” Sasha said feeling embarrassed. “Sorry.”

“It’s okay Sasha.” I chuckled. “Oh and by the way I’m kinda-sort of baby sitting Kaylie tomorrow.” I said.

“Why?” Sasha asked confused.

“Because Selena is going out looking for jobs tomorrow, and doesn’t want to lug around Kaylie. And plus when we were about to leave lunch, Kaylie nearly cried when she found out I was leaving. So Kaylie and I are gonna have a new friendship day tomorrow.” I said. “And plus it’ll be a good chance for me to ask her who her father is.” I said.

“And why you wanna know that?”

“Just curious.” I said. “All I know is that, Selena told me, every time a guy found out she had a daughter, they would bail. Only one stayed and they dated for about two years.” I said.

“Um Justin—“Sasha began.

“Yeah?” I asked raising a brow.

“Never mind.” Sasha said shaking her head. “Anyways can I use your credit card. Me and the girls are going shopping and I saw some shoes I was dying to get!” Sasha said excitedly.

“But babe, didn’t you buy some shoes you were dying to get like 3 days ago? Oh and did I mention they cost me $300!” I said.

“Please.” Sasha begged.

“Sasha,” I said her name sternly.

“I guess you don’t love me.” Sasha sighed.

“Babe, were did you get that non-sense? Of course I love you!” I said. Sasha put her head down looking at the ground and I groaned. I pulled out my wallet from my back pocket and took out my card. “Here” I said.

“Yay,” Sasha cheered, “Thank you babe.” She smiled, kissed me on the cheek, and then sped walk out of my office.

Why do I fall for that all the time?

I shook my head and walked over to my desk and sat down in my chair and pulled out my phone deciding to call Ryan because I knew he would be on break too.

“Hello?”

“Hey Ryan, what’s up?”

“Nothing man. Just on my way to get some lunch. Speaking of lunch how was yours with Selena?”

“How did you know—“

“Remember, Selena and Demi are bestfriends, Demi and I date.” Ryan chuckled.

“Oh yeah.” I laughed. “But it was good. I’m actually babysitting Selena’s daughter, Kaylie tomorrow.”

“Wait, you’re babysitting Kaylie? How did this happen?”

“Well right when we were about to leave lunch, Kaylie almost started crying saying she wanted to hang out with me more, so I told Selena I was off tomorrow, and just my luck Selena was going out job hunting and didn’t want to take Kaylie, so now I’m babysitting.” I said.

“Well have fun with that.” Ryan laughed.

“Oh I will. I’m gonna ask Kaylie some questions.” I said and Ryan stopped laughing.

“Like what?”

“Mainly who her father is.”

“Oh. But what if she doesn’t know?”

“I think Selena wouldn’t keep Kaylie’s father a secret from her.” I chuckled.

+

“Sasha I’m home!” I yelled through the house.

But she didn’t come running down the stairs.

I walked up to our room with my two shopping bags in hand and opened our door seeing our bed with nothing but boxes of shoes and shopping bags piled on each other.

“What the—“I began but looked up seeing Sasha in the room wearing a brand new gold dress that was cut off mid thigh.

“Oh hey Justin.” Sasha smiled.

I put my shopping bags down and stood there staring at her. “What is all this Sasha?” I asked.

“Oh I went shopping! You said I could go shopping with the girls.” She chuckled.

“Yeah, I thought you only need one pair of shoes Sasha! Not the entire damn store!” I snapped. “How much did this all cost? And why do you need a new dress?”

“Oh I was going out with the girls tonight.” She smirked.

I walked over to her and looked at the price tag that was still hanging from the dress.

“NINE HUNDRED DOLLARS!” I yelled breathless. I looked at her speechless. “ARE YOU SERIOUS?”

I went over to her bags and looked through seeing ten new dresses, some jeans, shorts, shirts, new bathing suits, at least twelve new pair of shoes, bottom line, the total price for all this was $8,500.00.

“EIGHT GRAND ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME!” I yelled.

“Relax Justin, its just money.”

“Eight thousand I have to PAY BACK!” I snapped. “IT’S A CREDIT CARD NOT A DEBIT CARD!”

“Ooh, so are you saying I could have gotten the matching bag to this dress?” She asked and I groaned.

“Take all this shit back!” I snapped.

“This stuff is not shit!” She snapped back.

“Apparently since it cost me an arm and a leg!” I said sarcastically.

“Why are you freaking out over non-sense?” Sasha said and she ripped the tag off the dress she was wearing and began applying some lipstick.

“NON-SENSE? SASHA YOU SPENT OVER EIGHT THOUSAND DOLLARS!” I yelled trying to make my point. Spending three hundred dollars is no where compared to eight thousand dollars.

Sasha rolled her eyes and ignored me. “And what did you buy?” She snickered.

I was confused but she pointed to the two bags I had put down when I entered.

“They’re toys I bought for Kaylie so she wouldn’t be bored here tomorrow.” I said. “They didn’t cost me no damn eight thousand dollars!” I said.

“Yeah, but you bought toys for another woman’s daughter! Actually your ex’s daughter.” She snapped. 

-

Sasha you are just one bitter gold digging bitch who needs to get over the fact Selena got Justin's dick before you did ^.^ 

Tbh is Justin stupid, like seriously...Kaylie...Justin.......Wouldn't you see the resemblance? 

Ya'll be lucky to get chapter 5 before Friday, because now it's getting harder and harder to make these damn chapters longer for some reason ugh. I need to go into writing mode asap. 

Thank you so much for all the nice comments and votes!! omg. Right now Begin Again is ranked #866 under fanfiction--holy cow!! Seriously thank you for supporting my writing and everything it means so much and I love you all <3

Oh and sorry if I get Kaylie's or Gracie's name mixed up. Like it's actually hard and confusing to remember Kaylie is the baby here, not Gracie. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9K 215 42
Ashley and her love of her life she thought had just cheated on her after three years with her best friend Jessica. She had no clue and decided to st...
9.9K 265 7
~ I gave you my heart, and you gave me your dreams. ~ He is presented as a cold, insensitive man. He had his purpose and goal. But behind all those m...
677K 33.5K 24
↳ ❝ [ ILLUSION ] ❞ ━ yandere hazbin hotel x fem! reader ━ yandere helluva boss x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, a powerful d...
172K 7.5K 12
They, trapped in a toxic relationship. She, slowly dying because of him. He, slowly dying because of himself. They, who love each other. She, who tho...