Girl meets Riley and Maya (Ri...

By Xycodie

"woah, woah woah, where you going?" Mr Matthews asked Maya as she went to retrieve her chair.. Maya spun arou... More

Ch 1
Ch. 2
Ch. 3
ch 4
ch 5
ch 6
Ch 7.
Ch 8.
Ch 9
Ch 10
question
Ch 12.
Notice!
Bad News notice

ch 11

2K 47 12
By Xycodie

....

It was the start of the new day, a new day meant new adventures for Maya.

"Look at all of these new people." Maya internally groaned. She knew what was going to happen next. Riley was going to extend her hand in friendship to someone new. 

"No." She spoke stubbornly. She never really liked meeting new people.

"Why "no"?" 

"Because you're getting all interested in everybody, aren't you?" To be honest, Maya knew that if she got new friends there was a bigger chance Riley would leave her for someone else.

"What's wrong with getting interested in people?" Riley glanced away frowning slightly.

"No."  Maya started to smile. Wasn't it obvious? Riley was hers. And Maya never liked to share.

Why "no"?" The blonde internally sighed. Guess she was going to have to explain it some other way. A simpler way.

"Because you're only supposed to be pretend interested in however many people we already know."  Riley glanced at her girlfriend raising her eyebrows, what kind of statement was that?? The taller girl thought.

You're only pretend interested in people?"  Maya nodded in response like it was obvious, which to her it was.

"Yeah. Everyone's more comfortable that way."

Maya knew that even if she tried to prevent the mess, Riley would still land herself in it. 

 And a few minutes later she was right. She first gave Riley an example, but that didn't work.

"I look out at the sea of new students and would like to explore the potential of new friendships for us." At this, Maya scoffed at her girlfriend. But before,

"What would you like?"  

"I would like everyone to mind their own business." She retorted playfully. Which wasn't a lie. Maya knew that if they tried to make more friends it would always just get them into a bigger mess.   

"So who's it gonna be? Who's the lucky person who's going to get blessed with our special kind of friendship?"

"I wouldn't force that on anybody." Maya quicky warned. She knew bad things always came from that kind of stuff.

"Watch me. "

 Before she could do anything the brunette had gone and introduced herself to some girl. Maya grimaced slightly. Even if she was interested in people, she could already tell this was going to go wrong. But as Maya watched Riley compliment the girl Maya's smile faded as she felt a pang of something in her chest. And she just hoped this wasn't jealousy.

"She don't like me..." well that's a relief. Maya thought to herself. But she knew Riley to know to go along with it, preparing for what was to come. 

 "Watch whatever happens next."  Both her and the girl watched as Riley seemed to back away and start over. 

"Hi, Maya. Who's this? A new friend of yours? Well, any new friend of Maya is a great friend of mine."

The new girl gave a look to Maya as if to ask if Riley was for real.

"wow."

At that remark the shorter girl sat down against the lockers and raised her arms up. Not three seconds later Riley fell into them. 

Maya sat petting Riley's head softly. God, she loved Riley but she just hoped this wouldn't get too out of control.

"And they lived here for the rest of their lives." Maya glanced down at Riley and smiled slightly. She knew Riley was being ridiculous but she couldn't help but love it. It was Riley.

"Knock, knock." Maya chuckled knowing she would have to go along with this.

"Who's there?"

"Somebody doesn't like me."

"Somebody doesn't like me" who?"

"What's the difference? - I don't have time for games." Maya scoffed.

She then tried to explain to Riley that not everyone would like her, but she knew the girl wouldn't understand. This was one of the reasons she didn't want to come out. Because then the poor girl's heart would be so crushed by not having everyone like her.

As Maya sang to Riley she smiled slightly. This was so foolish in her opinion, but Maya could go with it. She would always stay by Riley's side no matter what.

After singing Riley to sleep, of course, the bell rang then.

"Oh yay."  She responded unenthusiastically. Stupid bell, why couldn't you ring before Riley tried to force her friendship on someone?!

She watched as the Brunette jump up awake, and started to babble about a bad dream, which Maya wished it was. When suddenly the new girl walked past, Maya grimaced. Talk about a nice call to reality. She immediately pulled the girl closer trying to comfort her again. 

In that moment Maya felt a fierce sense of protection over Riley. Her favorite thing about Riley was her sense of naivety, Maya knew she couldn't protect Riley forever but she sure as heck would try as hard as she could.

As soon as they got into health class Maya chuckled mentally. Of course, the world would just try to prove Riley wrong in every sense possible. 

"Our bodies our friends...Yikes" Maya read out loud. Yup, this was it. No more naive Riley. But Maya knew that this lesson would somehow teach Riley she couldn't control everything. 

Later after the class, Maya was trying to be as delicate as possible. She knew that Page 73, was not the best page to teach the first day, so after class, the first thing Maya did was dash to the vending machine with a small petty pocket satchel she had filled with coins and brought as much snacks as she could for her girlfriend. Upon entering the classroom she found Riley to be the only one left still shell shocked. At once she dumped the stuff on her girlfriends desk, hoping some grape soda and brownies would help. 

"I- what just happened Maya?" Maya knew that page 73, while it wasn't vulgar or anything of the sort, that it would shock anyone with Rileys' naivety really hard. "I know pumpkin. But it's okay. This is normal. See, I told you that not everything could be controlled. " Riley slowly stood up to which Maya smiled. 

"Wanna piggy back ride to your next class?" Rileys' face immediately lit up with happiness as she nodded and quickly got on Mayas back, and Maya went to their next class together. 

As they walked home Riley brought up the girl they had met earlier, wondering to herself out loud what she had done wrong. Immediately Maya felt her spirits fall, of course as soon as Riley found she couldn't control one thing she could try to control another thing. Maya knew life was going to knock the air right out of her lungs. 

"Listen Riles, can we just drop it? Riley, you can't control it! Let. It. Go!" She snapped abruptly when Riley began listing things off that she could do to make it up, like buy a fruit basket. Riley looked a bit taken aback as she quickly shut up as they walked in the apartment and started to eat dinner. 

After Riley explained what they learned Maya sighed as Riley started to complain.

 "He's a gym teacher. Why would they have a gym teacher teach us about our bodies?"

"This is another thing you can't control. Could you please tell Riley that there's nobody in this world - who can control everything?" 

Then Topanga walked in and Maya sighed aggravated as Riley tried to explain the situation to her. Once Topanga started to talk about what would happen, Maya got out of her seat to soothe Topanga. Why couldn't anything be normal for once? 

The next morning the minute Maya walked into class she knew something was up, and of course, she was right. It turned out they would be learning from Riley's father. As Maya started singing to Riley she had one thought. She needed a talk with Riley after all this.

As they sat down Maya started chuckling. Time for her to raise a bit of chaos. She did the one thing Mr. Matthews asked them not to. She raised her hand. Immediately she was met with conflict from Not only Mr. Matthews but from Riley as well. Throughout the lesson, Maya was laughing. She just hoped that it could teach Riley that she couldn't control everything. 

After Maya left class She was quickly stopped by Riley. 

"What the hell was that?" 

Maya turned to Riley giving her an innocent smile. 

"What was what?" She asked slowly. She knew exactly what that was. She wanted this to be over, all this worrying and controlling uncontrollable situations.

Rileys glare harshened at the shorter girl. 

"Why did you raise your hand??? You thought that was funny?" 

Maya's face became more serious. 

"You're saying it as if it's my fault." 

"I don't see how it's not." 

"Riley, how about you explained what happened while I left during that brief period during dinner last night?"

"I told my father to talk to Funicci."

"Exactly, and that's what got us in this mess! Talking to the gym teacher! Riley, Don't you see?! Life is trying to teach you, that you can't control things like this! You can't control health class, nor can you control what happened with that girl!" 

"You know what I think?! I think you're jealous."

Maya's eyes narrowed. "Jealous, Riley? I am not jealous. I'm just trying to help this lesson move along." 

"Oh, is that what you think of this? Just some lesson? Maya this is life!" 

Maya scoffed

"I know that. Lets... just go." With that, they left for Rileys' apartment.

"You're not going to believe what that man of yours did today. " Maya announced walking in the apartment. 

After Auggie explained to Riley what happened with his homework Maya turned to Topanga.

"You want to break it to her or should I?" Maybe if Topanga told Riley, just maybe Riley would finally listen. 

"Riley, as much as I've tried, it's impossible to control what goes on all the time." 

Maya turned to Topanga and told her sincerely, 

"I know how hard that was for you. " Maya stood quietly as Topanga continued to make a good point. 

 "Riley, as much as I try, it's impossible to control what goes on all the time.
Sometimes it's okay to just be a leaf in the wind and see where we land."

"Even when we don't like what's happening to us?" Riley asked tilting her head slightly.

"Especially then. Because that's when I found out life was usually trying to teach me something." 

At that remark, Maya gazed at Riley as the confused girl tried to figure it out.

"Well, what could this be trying to teach me?"

 "It teaches you who you are. Because as much as we think we show everybody who we are when we're completely in charge of what happens, we find out who we really are when we're not. " 

...

After the hug, Maya and Riley went to the cafe. Riley quickly started asking everyone what they would do, and she finally got to Maya

 "Maya, what would you do?"

Maya shrugged like the answer was obvious, which it was, to her. 

" I just don't care as much."

"Well, you cared when you used to be me.," Riley observed.

"Yeah, and it was exhausting, but I'm better now, Riles. You want to feel better? Don't care so much. "

Then, of course, Huckleberry brought up the girl again and Maya felt a few emotions boil through her. She felt angry, tired, and sad. She was tired of this entire situation. Riley and her still weren't on good terms.

 "Yeah, maybe if we move on and think about something else, then we could get on with our lives.. she said, knowing that was crazy." As Maya spoke she slowly glared at Riley. 

She watched as the conversation turned to talking about stars and she realized there was something, that might take Riley's mind off everything. 

 "A billion trillion stars? You could give them all Riley names is what you could do. I'll get you started. Twinkly, Sparkly, Twinkly. There's three."  

they talked about how vast the universe was and Riley still brought up the other girl. After everyone had left the cafe, except Riley and Maya, Maya turned to Riley.

"Why are you so hung up on the fact that one person doesn't like you? Riley we've talked about this a kajillion times!!!! I have tried to get everyone to explain it to you but you still aren't understanding!"

The brunette was slightly taken aback at the blondes remark, 

"And why are you so hung up about some girl?! huh?!" 

"Because maybe I don't understand why you would even want to be friends with her!?" With that, the blonde left. 

The next morning the shorter girl felt overwhelmed with thoughts while walking to the Matthews. Just because Riley and her were arguing didn't mean Maya would just leave.

To be honest with herself, she was jealous over the fact Riley was trying to be all buddy buddy with some girl. Maya just was terrified of losing Riley. She still was afraid of change.

((Will be continued. Sorry for mistakes.)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4K 32 5
'She's so beautiful' are always the first words that come to mind whenever Riley Matthews see's her best friend, Maya Hart. But, she doesn't like her...
61.9K 1.2K 8
Maya and Josh are a couple you'd never think would happen. Maya Hart; Free spirited, rebellious, smart, creative, goofy, troublesome. Broken. Maya...
5.1K 173 22
A few years after highschool, the group has long gone their separate ways. Riley takes on the task of reuniting them. With the unsuspecting return o...
5.3K 209 33
Riley Matthews' family has moved to Texas. She meets a guy named Lucas Friar and they instantly hit it off. During her moving process she also meets...