ch 11

....

It was the start of the new day, a new day meant new adventures for Maya.

"Look at all of these new people." Maya internally groaned. She knew what was going to happen next. Riley was going to extend her hand in friendship to someone new. 

"No." She spoke stubbornly. She never really liked meeting new people.

"Why "no"?" 

"Because you're getting all interested in everybody, aren't you?" To be honest, Maya knew that if she got new friends there was a bigger chance Riley would leave her for someone else.

"What's wrong with getting interested in people?" Riley glanced away frowning slightly.

"No."  Maya started to smile. Wasn't it obvious? Riley was hers. And Maya never liked to share.

Why "no"?" The blonde internally sighed. Guess she was going to have to explain it some other way. A simpler way.

"Because you're only supposed to be pretend interested in however many people we already know."  Riley glanced at her girlfriend raising her eyebrows, what kind of statement was that?? The taller girl thought.

You're only pretend interested in people?"  Maya nodded in response like it was obvious, which to her it was.

"Yeah. Everyone's more comfortable that way."

Maya knew that even if she tried to prevent the mess, Riley would still land herself in it. 

 And a few minutes later she was right. She first gave Riley an example, but that didn't work.

"I look out at the sea of new students and would like to explore the potential of new friendships for us." At this, Maya scoffed at her girlfriend. But before,

"What would you like?"  

"I would like everyone to mind their own business." She retorted playfully. Which wasn't a lie. Maya knew that if they tried to make more friends it would always just get them into a bigger mess.   

"So who's it gonna be? Who's the lucky person who's going to get blessed with our special kind of friendship?"

"I wouldn't force that on anybody." Maya quicky warned. She knew bad things always came from that kind of stuff.

"Watch me. "

 Before she could do anything the brunette had gone and introduced herself to some girl. Maya grimaced slightly. Even if she was interested in people, she could already tell this was going to go wrong. But as Maya watched Riley compliment the girl Maya's smile faded as she felt a pang of something in her chest. And she just hoped this wasn't jealousy.

"She don't like me..." well that's a relief. Maya thought to herself. But she knew Riley to know to go along with it, preparing for what was to come. 

 "Watch whatever happens next."  Both her and the girl watched as Riley seemed to back away and start over. 

"Hi, Maya. Who's this? A new friend of yours? Well, any new friend of Maya is a great friend of mine."

The new girl gave a look to Maya as if to ask if Riley was for real.

"wow."

At that remark the shorter girl sat down against the lockers and raised her arms up. Not three seconds later Riley fell into them. 

Maya sat petting Riley's head softly. God, she loved Riley but she just hoped this wouldn't get too out of control.

"And they lived here for the rest of their lives." Maya glanced down at Riley and smiled slightly. She knew Riley was being ridiculous but she couldn't help but love it. It was Riley.