What's in is Despair (frerard)

By iamcatastrophic

Frank Iero is one of the punk kids at school. He's a senior, just ready to leave for college already. He's la... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Pretty in Punk
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
The End.

Chapter 23

4.6K 338 513
By iamcatastrophic

I wrapped my arms around Gee, pulling his body closer to mine. Gee mumbled something sleepily as his face nuzzled into my chest. Something had woken me up in the middle of the night, probably Mikey coming home. I didn't pay much mind to it as I pulled the warm blanket over us and smiled sleepily.

"Payback, bitches!" Mikey shouted.

Music started blasting and Gee jumped, falling out of the bed. He started crying from being so frightened and probably because he hurt himself from falling. I sighed, kissing his forehead.

"I'll be right back," I muttered.

I stood up and went to the door, walking out to see Mikey standing there with his arms crossed as he glared at me.

"Shut that off!" I shouted over the music.

"Make me," he replied with a smirk.

I went to the stereo but he blocked my path, pushing me down.

"Mikey, we're tired and trying to sleep," I stated.

"Yeah, so was I when you started telling me all about how you two fucked on the couch and in the shower and in the bedroom," Mikey said. "Disgusting, by the way."

I stood up just as my phone started ringing. I grabbed it and stepped outside to answer.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Hello there, Frank " Mr. Larry, my landlord, said.

I sighed, running a hand down my face.

"Got some noise complaints by your nearby tenants," he said, getting straight to the point.

"I know, I know, I'm sorry," I apologized. "I wasn't planning this, trust me, I do not want this. I'm trying to get it shut off."

"Well, just get it turned off or I'm sorry but I'll have to call the police to turn it off," he said. "And I don't know if they'd give you a fine or something like that."

The music shut off and I looked at my window.

"I've gotta go," I said.

I hung up just as I heard some yelling. The door opened and Gee pushed a crying Gee out. I hurried over as the door slammed shut and locked. Mikey went upstairs and opened the window.

"Go sleep somewhere else, fuckface!" He shouted.

I glared at him as he shut the window. My key was inside and I used to have a spare key that I kept under the flower pot beside my door but I have that to Gee so he could have his own key. Plus, I'm on the second floor so there was no other way in besides the front door.

"I'm sorry," I whispered, wrapping my arms around Gee.

He cried quietly, hugging me back. I lead him over to my car as we got into the backseat. I didn't have my keys so we couldn't go anywhere but luckily I left it unlocked.

"Is he gonna let us in ever again?" He asked.

"Yeah, he will at some point," I said.

I laid down across the seat and pulled him with me. It was tight and he was practically completely on top of me but I didn't care.

"Everything's gonna be fine, sweetheart," I whispered, running my hand through his hair.

Gee buried his face into the crook of my neck as he sniffled.

"We still haven't talked about our purple jet," I said, trying to cheer him up.

"It'll have big flowers on it too," Gee whispered.

"We'll go to Hawaii every other weekend," I said.

I could feel a smile against my skin as Gee giggled quietly.

"What about the Bahamas? Can we go there too?" He asked.

"Of course we can," I said. "And we'll go to England and Italy and France."

"But we can only go to France at night," Gee stated. "The view from the Eiffel Tower would be so pretty at night with all the city lights."

"We'll eat at fancy French restaurants," I said

"Can we have French fries in France?" He asked.

I laughed and nodded.

"And then after that we'll take our private jet back and go to our penthouse and we can eat ten gallons of ice cream," Gee said.

"Ten gallons? Ambitious, baby," I said with a smile. "Will they all be the same flavors or will if just be one?"

"Ten different," he stated. "We'll have one for all seven colors of the rainbow. Plus, white for vanilla, brown for chocolate, and pink for strawberry."

"A rainbow selection of ice cream sounds amazing," I said. "Are we gonna get toppings with that too?"

"Of course we will, daddy," he said. "We'll get sprinkles and chocolate and M&M's and whipped cream and cherries and Oreos and more sprinkles."

"And what are we gonna do after we eat all the ice cream?" I asked.

"We'll take our limo and go to the arcade to play Space Invaders," he said.

I laughed, rubbing his back softly.

"And then we'll go to the movies but we'll rent out a whole theater to have to ourselves so that way we can talk without being shushed," he said, his voice starting to get more slow and deep as he finally started to doze off again.

"What movie will we watch?" I asked.

"Every movie," he mumbled sleepily. "We'll rent the theater for a whole day. We can watch Cinderella and Brave and Frozen and Mulan and Snow White and..."

Gee trailed off and I looked down. Gee had fallen asleep finally. I sighed, leaning my head back in the cramped, uncomfortable spot. My legs were bent up, my back starting to cramp already. At least it was summer so it wasn't cold.

Mikey was an ass. I hated the fact that he didn't even care about how he just locked us out. He's gonna have to go. I don't care where but he has to go. That little fucker isn't gonna ruin this for us. All of our plans are getting just fucking butchered because of him.

I loved Gee so much. I never even expected him to come alone into my life. I was so focused on college all this time that I wasn't even looking for someone. Gee just waltzed in and stole my heart in his damn sticky fingers.

"I love you," I whispered, even though he wasn't awake. "I promise I'm gonna make everything perfect for you."

-+-

Gee bounced in the seat excitedly. I smiled over at him as I drove. I held onto his hand, going to the town. We drove around before I found the shop and parked the car. I didn't even have a chance to turn off the engine before Gee was jumping out and racing into the building. I laughed, following him inside. He was pressing his face against the glass while the animals pawed at the window.

"Can I help you two?" A worked asked.

"We're getting a pet!" Gee exclaimed.

The lady chuckled. "What were you thinking?"

"We're still deciding," I said.

Gee and I looked around at all the animals and he held my hand.

"What if we got a bunny?" Gee asked. "Or a little kitten?"

"I like dogs," I said.

"Ooh, a puppy!" Gee cheered.

I smiled as we looked at all the animals. Gee gasped, dropping to his knees beside one of the windows.

"Look at this one, Frankie," he said.

I kneeled beside him, looking at the dog inside it. It was small and grey and...weird.

"Is that a rat or a dog?" I asked.

"We are pretty sure it's a dog," the lady said.

"How old?" I asked, wrinkling my nose.

"We don't really know," she said. "She is a girl, we know that."

"What's her name?" Gee cooed.

"Well, we think it's supposed to be Sweet Pea but unfortunately there was a typo on her papers so her name is technically Sweat Pea," she said. "We don't know her breed or how old she is. She's had cancer, too. We've got other puppies that you might like better."

"I like her," Gee muttered, pressing his face against the window.

Sweet Pea licked the glass and Gee giggled.

"Are you sure you want that one?" She asked. "We have a whole litter of puppies that were just born two months ago. They're younger and healthier and, no offense, but easier on the eye."

Gee pouted slightly looking back at Sweet Pea.

"Bye bye," he mumbled.

The lady led us over to a cage on the ground full of puppies. They all yipped, crowding around the edge to get closer to us.

"All young, perfect health and nicely groomed," she said. "Plus, they haven't been named so you can name them and it won't have a typo in it."

"Is there any you like?" I asked, wrapping an arm around his waist.

Gee shrugged, looking down at his feet.

"Do you wanna get Sweet Pea?" I asked.

He perked up and nodded.

"Okay, we can get Sweet Pea, beautiful," I agreed.

He gasped and nodded. The lady went back and got her paperwork. Gee was giddy the entire time, picking out leashes and collars and dog beds and water bowls. He dropped six dog toys onto the counter and I sighed.

"Baby, we've gotta save for New York," I said. "Only pick out one toy. Two if they're cheaper."

Gee sighed, looking at them. He picked up a bunch, putting them away. There was only a pink rubber squeaky bone and a black and white rope. I patted his back and smiled. The lady came back and handed Sweet Pea to Gee, who squealed happily. Sweet Pea licked his face and Gee giggled.

"I like her," Gee said.

We paid and gathered everything as we went to the car. He held Sweet Pea in his lap, petting the top of her head. We got home and smiled. Gee picked up Sweet Pea and hurried to the door while I grabbed the key, unlocking the door. Gee hurried inside, giggling and smiling.

"Mikey! Look what we got!" Gee exclaimed.

I followed him up to where Mikey was watching tv. Gee set Sweet Pea down, who ran to Mikey. He scrunched his nose up in disgust.

"What is that?" He asked.

"It's our new puppy," Gee said.

"Puppy? I thought that looked more like a rat," he said.

I would've agreed with him but I was still pissed at him for locking us out last night.

"Her name is Sweet Pea," Gee said.

Sweet Pea started licking the couch and i frowned in confusion.

"That thing creeps me out," Mikey said.

Sweet Pea looked up at him, her tongue poking out as her small body shook.

"See, look? It can understand, it's creepy," Mikey said.

"She's not an it," Gee said.

"And guess what, Mikey, she's gonna be sleeping out here with you," I said.

"Why can't she sleep in your room?" Mikey asked.

"Well, surely she can't be in our room while we're having sex," I said.

Gee giggled, giving Sweet Pea a hug.

"Oh Mikey, you two can be best friends!" Gee cheered.

Mikey frowned, scrunching his nose up at the dog. "Creepy little shit."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.2K 520 21
Frank is the new kid at school. He has moved with his mother in an attempt to escape his past, and his father. Gerard is the kid no one talks to. But...
50.6K 4.4K 47
Frank Iero is pretty much your ordinary twenty-two year old man working dead end jobs while trying to get his band started with his best friend and h...
310K 15.7K 36
"Hasn't your daddy ever taught you manners?" "He taught me not to talk to you, mister." Donald Way is the head of a big gang. He's got a business he...
146K 8.9K 25
Frank Iero is thrown onto the streets when he's just a kid. But he's found by a lady who takes him in. She raises him like her own son, which she alr...