Twice The Luck

By Darla_Gene

Jasmine Johnson(JJ) isn't just any old wolf, she's an Alpha. And a great one. Because of her horrible up bri... More

Aye...Read This
Chapter 1: Hi. My Names JJ
Chapter 2: Mates Be Gone
Chapter 3: Best Place On Earth
Chapter 4: Enjoying The Last Few Days On Earth
Chapter 5: Chemo Is Practically My LIfe
Chapter 6: Pranked
Chapter 7: My Crazy Family And More
Chapter 8: This Is My Life
Chapter 9: Pack Night..Fun Night?
Chapter 11: The Truth Comes Out
My Secret Wedding
Part Of The Family
Pack Training
Girl Talk
Family Friend or Family Foe?
Claire
Welcome Back
Breakfast And Plans...
Thinking...
Someone's In Trouble
He's Not My Father
Just The Beginning

Chapter 10: Bathtubs And Sleepy Girls

9.5K 330 15
By Darla_Gene

I wake up the next morning alone. I wake up alone. I sit up in bed, and see that Hayden and Tate are no where in site. I glance at my alarm clock. There's a note taped to the front of it, blocking the numbers. 

Good morning Beautiful!

Sorry we aren't there. I know you wanted to wake up to this beautiful face. But we ran over to our pack house. We are going to do some work, and then hang out with our friends. We will see you later!

Love you!- Hayden

I giggle as I read the note again.

Since I have nothing to do, I decide to take a bath.  Walking into the bathroom, I start the water running, adding bubbles. I decide to light a few candles and set them by the tub.

Once the bath is ready and to my liking, I take off my clothes and get in. My body relaxes. I close my eyes, and let the darkness over take me.

"Not good enough! Don't you want to be the best? Don't you?" My dad screams in my face.

"Yes! I do!" I reply. 

"No you don't! You are lying to me. Do you need to go back into the shack?" he asks in a mocking tone.

"NO!!! Daddy, please I will be a good girl, I will do anything!" I beg him as he grabs a hold of me.

"Enough Jasmine! You will go into the shack until you know what you want." He says and drags me to wood shack. He opens the door, throwing my body into the dark room, effortlessly.

He closes the door, making it even darker. I hear him put the padlock back on the door. "If you are good, and don't make a sound, then maybe you will get food." He says with a chuckle as he walks off back into the house.

I scream. I sit up in the tub, panting. As my breaths even again, I realize it was just a dream...a flashback...a memory. I feel something in my throat, causing me to cough. 

I squeeze my eyes shut as I cough. When I open them, all I see is a lot of blood in the bath tub. I continue coughing up blood.

I see my phone on the counter. I crawl out of the tub, trying to reach it when I slip back into the darkness.

"I'm not sure. She loss a lot of blood. She may never wake up." I hear a voice say.

"No, you have to do something!" I hear Hayden scream. "Do something!" he yells again. I hear some noise. I can't tell what is happening.

"Hayden, they are doing all they can!" Tate says.

"They aren't doing enough. They just want to wait it out. Wait for her to die."

"Who said anything about dying?" Tate asks.

"Yeah, who said anything about dying?" I ask, and open my eyes. Tate and Hayden are staring at me in shock. "Oh, sorry. Should I go back to sleep or...?" I trail off.

"NO!" they say and run over to me. "Don't do that." Hayden says; wrapping me in a hug. I wrap my arms around my warm mate. I breath in his scent. He pulls back and gives Tate a chance to hug me. But Tate doesn't. He just stares at me.

"I'm so sorry, I should have never did that to! This is all me fault." He says; tears running down his face.

"Baby, its okay. It's not your fault. This was going to happen either way." I say and open my arms for him to come in. And this time he does. As we hug, I whisper in his ear "Please don't blame your self."

He just nods his head.

"You scared us so much. We found you laying on the bathroom floor, with blood everywhere." Hayden says.

"I'm really sorry."

"I am too. I should have been there. We both should have. We should never left you alone."

"So this is the reason why you guys think this is your fault." I say.

They nod. 

"Guys, none of this is your faults. This was all me. I fell asleep in the tub. I had a nightmare, not a big deal." I tell them.

"You had a nightmare? About what?" Hayden asks.

"Just a dream about my dad, it was nothing." I dismiss. 

"What was it about?" Tate asks.

"I don't remember." I say.

"Don't lie to us." Hayden warns. I rest my head on it's side; on my knees.

"It's something I don't want to remember," I say quietly. I feel Hayden start to rub my back. Tears fill my eyes.

"Shh, its okay. You don't have to tell us." Hayden says.

"Thank you." I told them, and fall into Hayden's arms. He whispers soothing words into my ear as I cry.

"I'll get whatever you want." Tate says. I look at him with teary eyes.

"I want my brother," I say, and then cry harder into Hayden's shirt.

"Okay, I will go get Derek-"

"No, I don't want Derek! I want Lucas." I say honestly.

Tate makes a 'o' shape with his mouth and then walks out of the room.

I fall asleep and when I wake up, he is there. In the room.

"Hey, Jazz." He says.

"What the hell Lucas! You could get caught!"

"Screw that! You're my sister. You are so worth it."

"I love you," I say and give him a hug, and he hugs me back.

"I love you too," he whispers in my ear. I hear my mates growl. We pull back and I glare at Tate.

"He's my brother for god's sake."

"My wolf doesn't care." Tate says simply.

"You got some good mates here Jazz." Lucas says.

"Do I? I haven't noticed."

Don't let go of them. They are good guys. They want to protect you. Lucas says through mind link.

SO their keepers?

Defiantly.

I smile at my brother.

"So what happened exactly. I want a play by play for Rob."

"Sure just for Rob." I say with a smirk.

"Okay, I want to know to." Lucas admits.

"Well, I woke up and found a note from my mates saying that they will be back later. I decided to take a bath to relax and because I had nothing else to do. So I went into the bath room and turn on the water. As the tub was filling up with water, I picked out clothes to change in to and got ready for the bath. I lit some candles and set them on the sides of the tub. When everything was ready, I got in and started to relax. I relaxed so much that I fell asleep. I had a bad dream, and when I woke up, I started coughing up blood. I saw that my phone was on the counter, so I got out and tried to get it, but passed out before I could reach it." I say and everyone is silent for a little while.

"Why did you reach for your phone?" Lucas asks.

"Because I was going to call someone to come help."

"Who?"

"I'm not sure, but I remember thinking to call Hayden or Tate." I say honestly.

"Okay, how are you feeling now?" Lucas asks.

"I feel great."

"Do you know what happened?" he ask, and when I don't answer Hayden tells him it is time to leave. I say good-bye and Lucas leaves. As soon as the door is closed after him, I question Hayden and Tate.

"What the hell happened to me?" I yell but they stay silent. "Tell me!"

They sit on the end of my bed.

"When the doctors came to us for the first time, they told us that something. The cancer is completely gone, but your organs enraptured. Your reproductive organs are completely damaged. They are able to repair it but...they told us that you can never have kids." Hayden says.

Tears stream down my cheeks. "What?" I sob. "This can't be true. This can't happen to me. That's the only thing in live that I was looking forward too. Now it's gone?" I ask, and see that my mate are crying.

"We are so sorry, but there are always different ways to have kids."

"No! No! I just can't...I can't have kids!"

"It's going to be alright, we'll get threw this." 

"Yes, it is. You guys don't understand, you can still have kids and I can't. I just let you down. I shouldn't be your mate." I say and sob into my hands. Hayden tries to touch me, but I push him away.

"Just leave." I plead. "Just leave." I say and when they don' t I snap. "LEAVE! GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE!" Tate kisses my head and then they leave saying that they will be back later.

I lay in the hospital in a pattel of my own tears. Why does all the bad things in the world happen to me? Why do I deserve this? What did I do?

"What did I do?" I ask out loud. "Huh? What did I do? Why did you do this to me. I'm not strong enough to handle this. I can't go through this. I should have died along time ago." I say.

I sob into my hands some more. I hear my door open and close. "Get out." I say, and when the person doesn't I yell it. "GET OUT!"

I look up and see Alex leaning against the wall.

"What are you doing here?"

"Stop feeling sorry for yourself."

"I'm not."

"Yes, you are Jasmine."

"Don't call me that," I say my voice cold.

"I'm sorry. I just don't want you turn soft. JJ, we need you to be strong. You are the only thing that is holding us all together."

"I'm not turning soft."

"Then why are you crying?"

"Because I'm sad."

"But why are you sad? You have a great family, two mates, a pack. You have nothing to be sad about. You even beat cancer in the ass."

I think about this. Because he is right. I have nothing to be sad about. I have a great life. I'm not going to die anytime soon. I need to live life to the fullest and crying isn't going to help.

That's why I love Alex, he gets me. He knows what wrong before I do.

I look at him. "Thanks."

"No problem," He says as if it is nothing.

I laugh. "That's the Alex I know and love."

"And you're the JJ, that I know and love," He says. We laugh.

"Where would I be without you and Jamie?" I ask.

"I think the better question is where would you be without your family. They did a lot for you."

"I know. I can never repay them. I don't even know why they did that."

"I think they should explain that."

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"Well, let them tell you. See you later."

"Bye Alex." I say as he walks outside. A few minutes later, Tate comes in.

"How are you doing?"

"Good, but a little shaken up from Alex just told me." I say and Tate is quiet. I look into his eyes.

Tate wraps me in a hug.

"You knew. You were in on it, weren't you?"

"Yes, but it was for the best."

"Why? You're my mate! You are suppose to protect me! Mates don't lie to one another. Mates don't keep secrets." I say.

He stares at me with a hard expression. "JJ, I love you. You're my mate for goddess' sake...but something I can't tell you. Not because I want to lie and keep secrets but because I shouldn't be the one telling you." 

"You aren't being a mate right now." 

He sighs. "I understand you have a lot going on, but I'm your mate and I always will be." 

We're silent for a while. 

"Don't let me fall." I whisper.

"Never." He says and we are silent. "JJ?" he ask, I look at his face. "I love you. Now and forever."

"Now and forever." I say and hug him tighter. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 121 30
Kira grew up without a world of supernatural creatures. Her family was apart of a secret agency. She didn't know of these creatures and her family ti...
2M 53.1K 41
TITLE CHANGE! Renamed from "He's A Werewolf, My Mate, Oh, and Also The Alpha King! Carter is a beautiful, strong, determined young wolf in her pack...
950K 24.3K 24
⚠️ WARNING ⚠️ I was really inexperienced when I wrote this and quite dramatic. I understand that this book may not be everyone's favorite (even I cri...
8K 283 16
Being a curse on her own pack. She never wished for it. Taking all the pain she waited for her mate. When finally they met. From sneaking out to gett...