Love Without Boundaries

By sleepwalker

Book 1 of the LWB series* After four years away from home, Preston decided to attend college closer to home w... More

Coming home
Bro Time
Chance Encounter
Family Time
Problems
Coming Out
Regret
Truth Comes Out
Morning After
Amends
Mother's Approval
Hanging Out pt1
Hanging Out pt 2
Quality Time
Dinner
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thrity-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty

Chapter Sixteen

9.6K 361 27
By sleepwalker

Chapter Sixteen

            Preston couldn’t believe Robert had faked that he was sick, just to get out of having dinner with them. He thought he was a coward for leaving and not staying to face him. When he had a chance, he was going to call him and give him an ear full.

             “Hey what’s wrong I thought dinner went great, aside from Ann Marie’s boyfriend getting sick and leaving early?” Grant said that as he wrapped his arms around Preston waist.          They were outside on the porch and the evening went smoothly aside from Robert leaving.

            “Yeah it did, I’m glad everyone liked you. Well almost everyone.” Preston knew that Cynthia wanted out of there and his dad didn’t even bother to show up. He also felt like Grant was the real reason Robert left, he got the feeling Robert disliked Grant.

            “Hey don’t worry about it; three out of five is better than none at all.”

            “I guess you’re right, so tell me what’s with the new haircut?” Preston said as he ran his fingers through Grant’s hair.

            “Well I wanted to make a good impression on the rest of your family. You don’t like?”

            “Are you kidding, I love it. I had been secretly hoping you would cut it off.”

            “Oh really, and here I thought the ponytail was what made you fall for me. Well at least I know not to let it grow out again.”

            “Yes please for everything that is holy don’t let it grow out again and you are seriously crazy if you thought a ponytail was hot.” Preston chuckled and gave Grant a kiss on the cheek.

            “Ouch you really know how to hurt a guy.”

            “Oh come on, you had to know that growing out your hair that long was not a good look. It made you look like a dirty hippie and hippies are not sexy.”

            “Touché, well you don’t have to worry about me growing it out again.”

            “Good” Preston noticed a pair of headlights coming up the driveway; once he saw the car, he knew it was his dad.

            “Crap” Preston muttered to himself, but Grant heard him.

            “What” Grant asked when he saw Preston get very still and turned to look in the direction he was staring at. Preston’s dad had just come home and he knew he was worried about what his dad was going to say.  Preston watched as his dad made his way to the front door. He was wondering if he was going to ignore him as he has been doing.

            “Hey dad, how was work?” Preston waited to see if he would answer him. Nothing is all Preston heard, he didn’t even look up to acknowledge his presence. Grant watched Preston’s dad just walked by like no one was there, he couldn’t just stand there and not say anything to him.

            “Sir, I believe your son asked you a question.”

            Preston couldn’t believe his ears; Grant had actually dared to confront his dad for ignoring him. Preston’s dad stopped and turned to face Grant, and then he looked at Preston. Preston couldn’t read his facial expression, which worried him. He didn’t know what was going through his dad’s head.

            “Preston I think it’s time for your friend to go home, it’s getting late.” Preston’s dad said as he opened the front door.

            “Yes dad” Preston said as he led Grant off the porch.

            “No I’m not going anywhere until this man talks to you Preston. You can’t let him just ignore you like this.” Preston’s dad turned around and looked at Grant.

            “What is going on between me and my son is our business not yours. Now I would appreciate it if you leave my house now.”

            Preston grabbed Grant’s hand and tried to take him back to his car, but couldn’t make him budge.

            “I made it my business when I choose to go out with your son. Now I would kindly appreciate it if you would at least talk to him.” Preston’s dad walked up to Grant, they were only a few inches apart.

            “Who the hell do you think you are; what gives you the right to come to my home and try to tell me what I need to do? Now you have got five seconds to get off my porch or you’re going to regret it.”

            “What’s with all the yelling?” Preston’s mom said as she stepped outside.

            “Erin this doesn’t concern you, go back inside.”

            “Yes it does when my son is involved. So let’s stop the yelling and talk it out like adults.”

            “I’m done with this I’m going inside.” Preston’s dad said as he turned his back on Grant.

            “Yup that’s what a coward does, walk away from things they are too scared to face.”       Preston wished Grant would just stop it, he was going to push his dad too far and he was going to regret it. Then in that moment, his dad came back and swung at Grant, landing a punch on his face and knocking him to the ground.

            “Gregory why the hell did you just do that?” Preston’s mom said as she ran over to Grant and Preston.

“He had it coming Erin. Preston you have five minutes to get him out of here.” Preston’s dad said as he went inside.

“Are you ok Grant, do you need anything?”

“No Erin I’m good.”

            “Ok Preston I’m going to go talk to your dad”

“Ok mom go ahead, I’ll be in soon.”

            “Ok honey; take your time if you have to.” Preston watched as his mom went back inside and he knew they were going to get into another fight because of him.

“Dammit Grant. Why didn’t you just stop while you were ahead; why did you have to push my dad’s buttons? How bad does it hurt?”  Preston asked as he looked at Grant’s face.

            “Ouch, it hurts right there, God your dad sure does know how to throw a punch.” Grant let out a small laugh, as he sat up.

            “You know if you knew how to keep your big mouth shut, you wouldn’t be here on the ground with a black eye.”

            “Yeah I know, but I just couldn’t stand there and watch as he ignored you. You don’t deserve to be treated like that.”

            Preston looked deep into Grant’s eyes, he wondered how  he got so lucky to find a great person who would go to great lengths to stand up for him.

            “Well thank you and just so you know, you probably made things worst between me and my dad. However, I still think it was a sweet gesture. Now come on let’s get you out of here before my dad comes back for round two.” Preston helped Grant to his feet and led him to his car.

            “Now go home, and put some ice on your eye.  I will call you tomorrow to see how you are doing.”

            “Yes my love I will do all you say and I will wait for your call tomorrow. Bye, I’m sorry if I did make things worse.”

            “That’s ok and don’t worry. Just go get some ice on that before it gets worse.  Goodnight.” Grant gives Preston a kiss before he pulled out of the driveway.

            Preston went inside and he could hear his parents already fighting, he wanted to go in and interfere. He hated they were constantly fighting because of him. He was grateful that Xavier and Ann Marie weren’t home; they didn’t need to hear them fight. He took a deep breath and walked to the kitchen, but stopped to listen.

            “Dammit Gregory.  Do you realize Grant could press charges on you for punching him?”

            “He can’t press charges Erin, I gave him a fair warning to leave. Plus he was on my property and he had the audacity to tell me what to do, I don’t think so not in my house.”

            “What about Preston? How do you think he is feeling right now knowing you hate him because he is gay?”

            “I don’t hate him, I hate his choice. Why can’t he just be normal?”

            “Why is it so hard for you to just accept your son for who he is?  He is your only son.”

            Preston waited for his dad to answer the question; he wanted to know why it was so hard for him to accept his choice.

            “It is not a normal lifestyle; he will not have an easy life. People will do anything to make his life a living hell.”

            “Then why don’t you just help him out by accepting him as he is?”

            “I just can’t Erin, it’s not the lifestyle I want for him. I look at him and I’m disgusted, it’s not right for two men to be together.”

            Preston couldn’t take it anymore, he had heard enough. This was his time to speak out to his dad.  “Don't worry dad in three weeks I’ll be gone, and you won’t have to see me anymore.”

            “Preston come back, let’s talk about this.”

            “Let him go Erin.”

            “No, you will talk to your son.”

            “He doesn’t want to talk; if he did he wouldn’t have left.”

            “You’re a stubborn man, just get over yourself and talk to your son.”

            Preston ran up to his room and locked his door. He could hear his mom shouting his name, but he ignored her. He just wanted to be alone, he now knew that his father would never accept him for who he is and he was stuck here for three more weeks.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

136 20 19
Charlie is plunged into another school when he moves again, but something tells him this one might be different. Charlie meets Christian, who has a h...
436K 13.8K 34
Book 3 to LWB series* Joaquin Salas had always been a player, until he met a dirty blonde haired boy with beautiful blue eyes named Preston. He thou...
66.9K 2.1K 23
Spin off of It All Started with A Private Session. People on cover are not affiliated with story. Brandon has to start all over. His parents disowned...
71.9K 3.7K 19
**This is an Out of My Control spin off!! I HIGHLY recommend reading that story before reading this or you might not get every reference!!** Preston...