Dinner

Chapter Fifteen

            Preston was finishing getting ready when his mom called him downstairs.       

  “Preston your boyfriend is here.” His mom shouted.

     “Ok” Preston shout as he gave himself one more look in the mirror before heading downstairs. When Preston made it downstairs, Grant was sitting down and was talking with his mom and Ann Marie. Preston stood at the doorway and watched how well Grant was getting along with everyone. He also noticed Grant had gotten a haircut; he was no longer sporting a ponytail. He was surprised Grant had cut his hair; it had taken him a long time to grow it. Now his hair was medium length and it really looked good on him.

    “I hope you’re not showing him any embarrassing baby pictures of me?” Preston said as he came into the room.

  “Oh that reminds me” Preston’s mom said as she got up and grabbed a photo album off the shelf.

  “Just look at these photos of Preston when he was little, he used to run around naked all the time. I had a hard time trying to keep him in his clothes.” His mom chuckled.

   “Oh Preston do you remember this?” Ann Marie asked holding up a photo of him and Ann Marie in the bathtub together.

     “Oh God yes, I believe I was crying the whole time because you stole my bath toy. You were always taking my toys away from me.”

            “Oh my God I did not.” Ann Marie threw a pillow at him, and missed him.

            “Hey stop it now I don’t need you two breaking anything.”

            “Sorry” they both said.

            “Ok I’m sure we have all had a good time making fun of me today, but I would like some time alone with Grant before everyone else get here.” Preston grabbed Grant’s hand pulled him after him.

      “Preston, come on you can’t be rude. Besides we are having fun.” Grant said.

     “Yeah Preston don’t be a party pooper, plus Robbie will be here any minute.”

  “Fine if we must, we can just stay here and have more fun at my expense.”

“Aw come on love, don’t be like that. If it makes you feel any better I can tell you some of my embarrassing stories when I was growing up.”

    “No that’s fine.”

  “Grant, are you going to the same college as Preston and me?” Ann Marie asked.

   “Yes, actually it will be my last year.”

         “What are you majoring in?”

     “I am a History major, I plan on becoming an archivist and if that doesn’t work out I could always be a history teacher.”

     “Teaching is that something you have always wanted to do or just a last resort?”

      “No I want to teach, but I also want to work in museums and art galleries.”

       “I’m assuming you have a lot of research skills then?”

    “Yeah I do and it comes in handy for all my term papers. Also it gives me a chance to make some extra cash.”

       “Extra cash,” asked Ann Marie.

     “Yes when it comes time for term papers, I’m the guy to see if you need help.”

     “Oh ok I see; well now that is a skill that will never go to waste.”