One Night (Book 1) - Zayn Mal...

By lovelessbeauty

It only takes One Night to fall in love... To change a life, for everything to come undone. But it takes more... More

One Night
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chpater 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Tonight (Book 2)
Translations

Chapter 32

198K 3.7K 603
By lovelessbeauty

Zayn POV

I'm lost in the moment with her. I hate that she has this command over me, this power to make me feel like this with a simple kiss. And with her on my lap, I've lost control of anything I might have. Nothing was going to stop us, I just wanted her, only her.

The leggings she wore were going to be the death of me - and I told her so. The way her ass looked in them, the way it showed off her perfectly toned legs. I wanted so badly to pull them off of her in this moment. To have her to myself - all of her.

I feel her jerk away as soon as a sound of glass shattering reaches us. I glance towards the open balcony door. We sit in silence for a moment, not sure what to do. Nothing happens for a moment - no noise from where the shattering had echoed from.

I slowly stand up and lift her off my lap with ease and we both listen. We hear a deep voice curse - echoing through the house.

I take a look at her face, she's terrified. I'm not sure who the hell would be out at my house right now. I know it's not Elizabeth or Jonah - neither of them curse and they were always good about letting me know if they were home or not.

Juliet's eyes are open and scared, her mouth slightly ajar as she stares at the door, probably thinking someone was going to walk on the balcony and hurt her. More than anything I want her to feel protected, know that I'm here and I wouldn't let a thing touch her.

I press a finger to my lips and mumble a quiet, "Wait here." Before leaving her on the balcony. I don't want to leave her alone - but if someone is breaking into my house, the balcony is the farthest from the main entrance.

I stop by Jonah's office, which is dark. His desk is covered with papers and his laptop is left open - the screen black. I grab an old baseball bat he kept from college that lies by the door and rush down the halls. I hear muttering and cursing echo from the living room.

It's dark in the house and I am able to make out a figure. I realize it's not a burglar or killer for they're trying to clean up the vase that was smashed into the ground. Flipping on a light the figure turns and stands. My eyebrows lower instantly in a grimace.

"Hello mate." His light eyes smile at me, his blonde hair a mess. I glare at him as I let out a heavy breath.

"Charles." I drop the bat and sigh, running a hand through my hair. Fucking great, he was the reason Juliet and I had to stop. If she weren't alone right now I would probably take the time to give him a quick punch or shove. "What are you doing here?" I glance around the house in confusion.

"Louis said you would be here." He explains as if it were such a simple explanation. Charles has only been to this house twice, I'm surprised he remembers where it is still.

"And why did you need to find me?" I ask, my anger building. If he ruined tonight for no reason he was going to pay to regret it.

"We need to talk about the party we're having next week." He shrugs as if it were such a simple explanation.

"That's why you drove all this fucking way to my house? To tell me to plan a party?" I glare at him, clenching my jaw. This was ridiculous, he's never done something like this.

"Did I interrupt something?" His eyes are looking past me a smile all too friendly that I don't like on his face. I turn my head to see Juliet creeping down the stairs slowly, her face is still scared until she sees Charles. Her face breaks into a beautiful smile and I feel my blood boil.

"Charles?" Her light voice asks as she walks into the living room. "What are you doing here?" She glances at the broken vase frowning in an adorable way.

"I came by to talk to Zayn about the party next week, might I say Juliet you look ravishing." Charles smiles at her. His eyes raking over her body, I think about hitting him but know that will ruin the night. Instead I quickly grab Juliet and pull her to my side.

I can tell she's surprised by my gesture as her eyes are on me, but her body relaxes into mine quickly, fitting me perfectly. If Charles came here just to ruin this date... if that look to Juliet was anything more than admiring her perfect body... no, he didn't even get to admire her body, she wasn't his - but she wasn't mine either.

"You came all the way for that?" Her voice chimes with confusion next to me. My eyes are set on Charles as he glances between us.

"Well it's a pretty big party." Charles shrugs, looking around the house. I can't help but feel hate towards my friend, one I trust is now testing my trust. "I'll come back later, I didn't realize it was so late." He apologizes with an innocent smirk.

"I should get back to the dorms." Juliet speaks up next to me.

"I can take you since I'm headed back to town." Charles offers with a smile. I glare daggers at him but his eyes remain on Juliet. I open my mouth to tell him off but am interrupted by her beautiful chiming voice.

"Thanks for the offer but Zayn and I still need to talk." She gives me a look, I know she wants to know about why I was glaring at Mr. Collins. I give a low groan of distaste, she would've forgotten all about Mr. Collins if Charles hadn't shown up with his wandering eyes and flirty comments. Charles nods in understanding as he looks down at the vase.

"Right." I grumble, releasing her. I want to pull her back to me but I'm too angry at everything going on right now to think straight. "You need to clean that the fuck up before Elizabeth and Jonah get back." I spit at Charles who smirks.

"I'll help you." Juliet offers, always so kind to others it made me feel guilty about my anger but her offering to Charles fired me up. The way he gave her a charming smile and she returned it.

"Thanks beautiful." He winks at her, I ball my hands up in tight fist so I don't do something I'll regret to ruin the entire night. She's gotten to me, she's gotten to me and she doesn't even realize it. If it weren't for her Charles would have a bloody face or broken nose right now.

Juliet POV

I'm surprised it was Charles that was in the house. I am confused as to why he's here - coming all this way to talk to Zayn about a party seems unbelievable. In the back of my mind I have a worried feeling it's about something else Zayn wasn't telling me.

I help Charles clean up the glass. Carefully picking up each piece to make sure not to cut myself. Zayn grabs us a broom and demands that Charles is the one to sweep it up.

"It's your mess." He explains, holding out the broom to Charles. I roll my eyes at Zayn's attitude and take the broom from him to sweep up the remaining pieces. I was really enjoying my time with Zayn, though I can't help but feel slightly grateful for Charles interrupting us. I wasn't sure how far I'd let us go but thankfully I wasn't the one who had to stop it.

By the time we finish cleaning up the last pieces it's completely dark out, rounding about 10 pm. We all leave the house and step outside - walking to the cars sitting in the driveway. The stars are shining and the night air is getting a bit too cold for my liking.

"Good night Juliet, I hope you'll make an appearance at another party soon." He smiles at me. I smile at his kind words, Charles was very nice and tonight he was especially nice, which I was thankful for. Zayn seemed annoyed by his presence; though I was annoyed he interrupted I didn't mind him being here.

"Me too." I wave at him as I get into the car with Zayn. Zayn just gives a small wave and gets into the car as we drive back towards the city. We listen to quiet music for a while before I ask my question. "So Mr. Collins?"

"Juliet..."

"You said if I agreed to come on this date you'd tell me." I remind him. He groans and shakes his head.

"That's the only reason you came?" I see a small smile,

"Yes." I lie with a smile so he knows I'm kidding.

"You didn't enjoy anything tonight?" He replies back playfully, his hand reaches across and he places it on my leg, running his hand up it. I grab his hand and push it off so I don't get distracted.

"Zayn." I make my tone serious. He sighs heavily and nods.

"I just don't like how he flirts with you." I can't help but let out a burst of laughter. He's kidding, Mr. Collins? Sure he was attractive for a teacher but he was at the least 10 years older than me. Most likely mid 30s.

"You're literally insane you know that right." My laughter coming out with every word. His hand is tight on the steering wheel and I know he doesn't find it funny.

"I'm serious Juliet, he always gives you this look, it's inappropriate for a teacher to do that." His paranoid thoughts are insane that I am finding it hard to find it humorous with every explaination he has.

"You mean smiling?" I ask with laughter. "Mr. Collins has never flirted with me. He gave me a B-, you should be thankful for him! He's the one who assigned you as my tutor!" I point out.

"You literally must be blind Juliet, he's always smiling at you, frankly I find it very inappropriate." He speaks as if he's my father. I frown at his comment not wanting to fight I let it go. He could think what he wanted to about Mr. Collins, my opinion didn't change.

"You know you've never called me Jules." I comment. The thought came to my mind while finding something to talk about.

"I don't see a point to, everyone calls you Jules." He shrugs.

"And what? You're not everyone?" I smirk at him with a raised eyebrow. The city lights pass by and we're now a few minutes from campus.

"I just like calling you Juliet." I liked the way it sounded when he did.

"I don't not like it when you do." I state - I don't want him to stop calling me Juliet because of my question. "I was just interested in why you did." I explain, making my tone light so he doesn't get angry. Thankfully he doesn't because we make it back to campus without a fight. "We did it." I laugh to myself.

"Did what?" He asks as he scratches the side of his head after parking the car outside the dorms.

"We went an entire week without fighting, well an entire four days." Monday we had our small dispute before he asked me on my date. If it weren't for today I'd still believe it was a joke. I thought that he was going to show up to my dorm with a sign saying just kidding, but he didn't.

"Yeah, strange... I miss those fights." He gives a grin as I smile back at him. I glance between him and the door, not sure if I should kiss him good night. I have a feeling if I do kiss him, it won't be just one kiss.

"Well... thank you for the date tonight. I really loved it."

"You did?" His face brightens, though he tries to hide his happy smile. I nod with a grin taking my face.

"Best date I've been on." That's not a lie, the two dates I've been on with him have been unexpected, amazing, brilliant.

"Good." He softly says, trying to act like it didn't matter but I see the smile in his eyes. I swallow and lean in, kissing his cheek lightly. I didn't want to kiss his lips because I know I wouldn't be able to get out of the car if I did. He glances at me as I open my door.

"Good night." I feel my heart warming at his wry smile,

"Good night Juliet." He waves at me as I shut the door.

I wonder if he's ever had someone kiss his cheek good night, I wonder if he's ever had a date like tonight... Questions flood my mind as I walk back into the dorm room. As soon as I open the door she's standing up with a wide eyes, examining me.

I must be smiling or she can just read me so well because she bursts into cheers and a wide smile. She runs towards me and hugs me as I shut the door behind me.

"It was good? Was it good? I can tell it was good! Tell me all about it! Did you kiss? Was he a good kisser? How was the kiss? What did he do? What did you do? What did-"

"Sarah!" I laugh covering her mouth with my hand. "I'll tell you everything if you stop asking me a million questions!"

I feel her nod under my hand and release her mouth. I take off my shoes as I take a seat on her bed. She jumps onto the bed next to me with wide eyes, like a child on Christmas morning.

"Tell me!" She demands with raised shoulders.

"Okay." I laugh. "So he took me to his Aunt and Uncles house-"

"Did you meet them?" She interrupts with her eyes more wide than before. I give her a warning look and she covers her mouth with a smile.

"Yeah for a moment... they cooked us this amazing Italian dish and he set up this table with candles up on the balcony... it was beautiful." I stare past her remembering the night. "We ate, talked, I got to know a little more about him... he sang to me." I look down at my lap with a smile.

"He sang?" She asks with a smile to match mine.

"Yeah... he sang a song I told him I liked a while ago." He remembered the song... but then again, he admitted on our double date and a few other times that he remembered everything about me whether he wanted to or not.

"That sounds amazing Jules." She sighs. "Did you kiss?" She gives me a devious smile and I laugh feeling my face redden.

"Yeah." I nod slowly. She raises an eyebrow and begins to laugh loudly.

"And? You never told me if he's a good kisser." She pushes on my leg for me to answer, I just smile and blush. I felt strange talking to Sarah about how Zayn kissed, I didn't really want to share the intimate detail with her.

"He's good." I assure her, keeping my answer very simple.

"Better than Matt?" The mention of Matt takes me off guard. I hadn't though about him at all tonight, or this entire week. He hadn't been in the back of my mind at all, until now.

"A lot better." I laugh standing up. "Charles showed up to our date though." I frown, still confused as to why he came all that why.

"Did he now?" Sarah leans back onto her arms and lifts an eyebrow in question. I nod as her blonde hair falls behind her shoulders. "Huh." She frowns to herself, a frown that says she knows something.

"What is it?" I ask as I pick out shorts and a t-shirt to sleep in.

"I think he has a crush on you." She admits, I laugh at the statement shaking my head.

"Doubtful. He's what, three to four years older than me? I think he has better things to do than to have a crush on me." I counter, slipping into my pajamas as Sarah shakes her head.

"Believe what you want, but why else would he show up to your date? Zayn's house is a good twenty minutes or so from the city." I feel uncomfortable talking about this.

It would make sense as to why Zayn wrapped an arm around me when Charles was in the house, the reason for his annoyed mood when he was around.

"How are you and Niall?" I'm eager - no desperate to change the topic from Charles. She shrugs,

"We're pretty good. I think we're going on a date tomorrow night, so I won't be around." She pulls her hair into a sloppy bun as she gets under her covers.

"Oh, good to know." I smile getting into my bed. I yawn and pull the covers tightly around me.

Tonight Zayn had been so easy to be around - it felt as if everything was okay between us, like the past weekend hadn't happened. I knew he was trying to make up for it - to earn my trust back and for all I knew it was working.

Things were working out between us. He had planned a beautiful date - we didn't fight all week and didn't fight tonight, aside from our little debate about Mr. Collins. He had put effort in and for once took credit for it without getting defensive or embarassed.

Charles coming to the house was obviously a shock but nothing that bad. He was very charming but he seemed to be that way with everyone. I knew Zayn didn't like the way he acts but Zayn doesn't get to control everthing.

Tonight was utterly amazing though. I've never had a date like it, for him to plan that, for him to let me meet his family meant so much to me - whether he knew it or not. I knew family was important to him, family was who he trusted the most out of everyone. I wonder if I'm the first to have met anyone in his family - aside from a few of his guy friends.

The candelit dinner he planned. The song he sang to me - the song that meant so much more than lyrics and chords. How he learned more about me and I learned a little more about him. Everything about tonight seemed like a dream.

That kiss too... His kiss and touch seemed to mend the broken fragments he had caused - but the more I think about it the less I want to trust him. The more time I spend with him the more he is capable of doing to me, good or bad.

"Night Jules." She mumbles as she turns off the light.

"Good night." I reply quietly, letting myself hold onto this beautiful night - for I'm not sure how long all of this was going to last.

__________

(A/N: just in case you were wondering, I pictured Armie Hammer as Mr. Collins!)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

34.7M 958K 104
"I have been watching you for a while now, my love" he whispered darkly in my ear. "Why are you doing this to me" I squeaked, earning a low chu...
7.4M 237K 62
It's the year 2020 and Louis gets an unexpected call informing him that one direction were reuniting in no less than a month. When the time comes, no...
9.2K 463 19
Literally Barbie's The Princess and the Pauper. . . but with Larry and Ziall. An AU where Niall is Princess Annaliese and Harry is Erica.