SILENT [1] || HARRY POTTER ⚡️

By haiikyuuta

silent; [adj.] no making or accompanied by any sound; not expressed aloud. ENGLISH. A newly transferred mute... More

Disclaimer
cast ; unofficial
plot; part one
one ; the marauders map
two ; merry christmas
three ; the patronus
four ; dementor's kiss
five ; friends
six ; darcy black
playlist ; part two
seven ; floo tongues
eight ; foreign schools
nine ; i-rrr-land!
ten ; his mark
eleven ; hogwash
twelve ; king's cross
thirteen ; mad-eye moody
fourteen ; foreign schools pt.2
fifteen ; alone
sixteen ; daily prophet
seventeen ; death eater
eighteen ; hello, old friend
nineteen ; thanks
twenty ; naive, am i
twenty-one ; ask me?
twenty-three ; versus pt. 2
twenty-four ; last minute
twenty-five ; yule ball
twenty-six ; stupefy
twenty-seven ; second task
twenty-eight ; recovery
twenty-nine; nott
thirty ; completion
thirty-one ; see the good
thirty-two ; the greenlight
thirty-three ; surely, they believe
thirty-four ; the fools are at peace
thirty-five ; "if he's happy"
plot ; part three
thirty-six ; little whinging
thirty-seven ; welcome to hell
thirty-eight ; the order of the phoenix
thirty-nine ; half nobles
forty ; letters
forty-one ; prefects !
forty-two ; oddly rude
forty-three ; obligations
forty-five ; breakfast
forty-six ; professor, shut up
forty-seven ; the stories hands tell

twenty-two ; versus

273 8 2
By haiikyuuta

A/n: unedited. Published 12/14/16.

The library was silent, and all Darcy could do was wonder why Harry asked her.

There were plenty of other options. Harry could get any girl he wanted (well, a lot of girls asked him, but he denied them). Maybe it was because Darcy and Harry had a common family, Sirius. And maybe Harry thought it was easier to just ask her in general. The latter seemed a little more pleasing, though Darcy wasn't sure how she felt for the boy.

Harry was just a boy, who happened to have a lot of targets on his back. Never had Darcy ever imagined being friends with him, or even Hermione and Ron. America barely had any part with Voldemort on his first awakening, since they had dealt a lot of casualties with Grindlewald after his escape in 1928.

Darcy life had always been normal, except for her muteness. She'd been extremely ordinary at America, and being in Europe had changed her life. Darcy wouldn't change it though. The changes were eye-opening, they brought her into a new world.

America had started off rough with No-Majs, in fact, wizards hated them. Though, as time went by, with the Civil Rights Movement in the late sixties, it was clear that the Wizarding community could no longer segregate the two species. Black wizards had experienced the racism in America, and had argued that blood supremacist thoughts were just like racial discrimination.

It was this argument that endured Darcy to be intrigued by different cultures of the world. She read up on so many schools, that she dreamed to even be apart of the Global Confederation.

Darcy loved change now, though. SHe liked that things were moving at its course, to cave in a better world. She loved Ophelia for opening up Darcy's world in Europe. Just in general, Darcy was in love with her new life. She wasn't mute, she wasn't ignorant.

She wasn't alone for the Yule Ball.

"I''VE HEARD THE NEWS!" Hermione had yelled, right when Darcy walked out of the library.

Like a wave, Darcy was tipped back by the weight of Hermione in her hug. Hermione was sniffling, just like she did when Harry and Ron had made up.

"It's great! So great!" Hermione said, letting go of the hug. "I just, I thought you were going with George for a moment--but--but George had asked Jani! And then Ron--the poor fellow--asked Fleur barely half an hour ago!"

Darcy stared wide-eyed at Hermione. "Ron asked Fleur?"

"Oh, yeah," Hermione stiffed, though she was trying not to giggle. "It was horride. Ginny brought Ron into the Common Room right after Harry told me he asked you...Ron was compelled, because she was part-veela. Serves him right." Hermione snickered.

"But that's terrible," Darcy commented, her eyes dancing with humor. She'd heard how Ron managed to piss off Hermione about his subjective sexist comments about women.

The two had chatted at the Great Hall, everyone completely forgetting that Ron had asked Fleur. Cedric and Jani were sitting next to each other, their faces bright, when suddenly Darcy felt her head─

Jani Scamander was the eldest daughter of Atticus and Sandra Scamander and the sister of Rolf Scamander. The two were keen on their animals, just as their grandfather was and just how their father was. Jani would be finishing her years at Hogwarts and pursuing a job with Beast Care in the Ministry.

There was also the Beaxbatons seventh year student, sitting alongside Fleur Delacour with questioning eyes and concern. Her name was Phille Fleamont, her eyes a striking green that contrasted with her long and intense black hair. Her affliction was with Cedric Diggory, and apparently was very keen on him.

Darcy had had enough. She blinked, staring at her plate as though it was a foreign object. She'd tried to re-encounter what she just did, then internally groaned. If Snape had ever heard about her accidentally slipping up, she wouldn't hear the end of it.

Thankfully Hermione and the rest of the Gryffindors she was sitting with didn't notice. Her short intrusion was grateful, but as time went by to the next few weeks, Darcy found it harder to not become a little curious of the seventh years's minds she's just read.

Of course, Sirius wasn't left out of this gift of hers. He had explained that her skill could be useful in the future, and that maybe she could find out who put Harry's name in the Goblet. It was a little far-fetched, and not the answer Darcy was hoping for. Maybe a letter of concern and praise for even practicing the skill.

Darcy found herself a little depressed when the term had ended. There were so many students that were staying for Christmas break, it was a little overwhelming to see friends chat with each other in the Slytherin common rooms.

Last year, Darcy had came into Hogwarts during the Christmas break. She'd taken advantage of the almost empty Slytherin common room. There was another boy, Theodore Nott, that has stayed, but they never even bothered to speak to each other.

Now, she saw that Theodore wasn't alone at all. He and Tracey Davis were talking, Gemma Fawley sitting right next to her on the leather couch. The latter was staring longingly at Nott, but soon felt the eyes of Darcy.

Quickly, Darcy stared back to the floor. The Black lake that was above them didn't cast a green glow, but a warm yellow. She liked the change, but preferred it if it was only her in the common room.

The fire that Darcy sat next to was warm, but as she read Sirius's letter, Darcy actually did receive the concern.

"Don't push yourself...I'm very proud that you were able to practice the skill...love Sirius," Darcy mumbled to herself, her hands tracing the paper with her fingers. She rather liked the paper Sirius used, as it sort of gave her something to hold onto as a memory.

"Talking to yourself, lunatic?" a boy's voice said with a grunt as he sat right across from her. It was Blaise Zabini. He had nice dark skin that complemented the light with hazel nut eyes. His uniform was still on, and it reminded Darcy of her sickly house.

His comment was too friendly, as they've never once spoken to each other like this.

Eyeing Zabini, Darcy said, "I'm only reading a letter."

He quirked an eyebrow. "Who could it be from?" he said, though it wasn't as taunting as Darcy thought it would be. "Could it be...hmm...Saint Potter?"

Snapping her eyes upwards with a steely gaze, she said, "I don't see how it's your business--now, don't you want to go to the little ferret?"

Pursing his lips, he shrugged off the comment with an apprehensive look. "Look, I didn't come to fight."

"Sure."

Darcy folded her letter and carefully placed inside the jean of her pocket.

"I wanted to say," Zabini said, "that your outburst was really...eye-opening."

Her eyes looked at him like he was joking, though, she gave it some thought. Zabini came from a woman that was widowed seven times, and was immensely rich. He wasn't someone Darcy would pinpoint as open to equality. Though, Darcy focused on his inner personality. It was filled of...himself.

Darcy coughed skeptically. "That's great, Zabini." From the corner of her eyes, she saw that Malfoy was sitting by himself, and staring intently at the two. "I'm sure the ferret wants your company back," she added, still a little apprehensive about his overall persona─which didn't look good.

Zabini glanced over at Malfoy, then back to Darcy. He stood up, and offered a hand to her. She dissmissed the hand and stood on her own.

He pulled back, and coughed.

"Look, Black," Zabini sighed, his eyes heavy. "If you ever need a friend, don't be afraid to ask."

"Are you trying to be nice?"

Zabini glared at her. "Yes, I'm just sayin─this is your house. You shouldn't be so lonely and silent."

Darcy hesitated, not sure how to respnd. Why did he care who she hung around with? Then...she realized.

"Oh," sneered Darcy. "I know what this is about─you don't want me to fraternize with Gyrffindor. I bet you Slytherin's are so hell-bent on keeping that rivalry!"

With that, Darcy huffed and glared at him, leaving to her dorm.

She really didn't understand this hate between the houses. She's never seen and felt such a growing disdain that radiating between Slytherin and Gryffindor (and the addition mistrust from Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff.)

It only made Darcy want to change it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

548K 13.6K 44
UNDER HEAVY EDITING THROUGH GOOGLE DOC, THE NEW CHAPTERS WILL BE LONGER AND BETTER WRITTEN ! look under the summary for more info. !Mature themes & S...
899K 32.8K 21
「𝗗𝗘𝗩𝗢𝗧𝗜𝗢𝗡」❝Thanks for keeping your promises ❞ ▪︎ Synopsis ▪︎ Tabitha Longbottom is known as the quietest and most innocent Hufflepuff of her...
40.2K 1.3K 29
"So if its words that you are looking for McKinnon, I am fluently gifted with the art of speaking. But I'd much rather spend every day showing you ex...
292K 7.5K 22
❝ You know, Lupin, you really are quite handsome ❞ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ Trouble comes as double when you're a twin, treble when you're a twin from the House of Bl...