Still Into You

Por MelonDiaries

UNEDITED Allison Coleman has a not so perfect life. Things were starting to turn for the better for her. Sh... Más

One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty One
Twenty two
Twenty Three
Twenty Four
Epilogue
Meeting Mr. Mogul

Sixteen

14.7K 491 18
Por MelonDiaries

A/N: Hey guys! I hope you had a awesome New year's celebration. Mine was eventful, to sum it up.

I wanted to thank the people who still contine to support the story. I'm trying my hardest to have the story finish and written well. I'll have a change in updates, making it twice a week instead on once. That is my New Year Gift to you!

Anyways, Enjoy and Happy Reading!

----

Sixteen

Logan walked towards or table, but halted when his eyes landed towards mine. His gleaming eyes harden for a second. And then, he turned his attention away from me and glanced at Andre with a smile.

"Hey man, I didn't know you're back in town." Logan stated as they did a handshake that involved bumping on each other's shoulders as they held each other's hand. It was a very manly man handshake.

"I just got back, actually. I couldn't ditch a date with such a fine young woman." Andre said with pride as he glances towards me quickly and winked.

I smirked at his enthusiasm but kept myself calm. I felt Logan's eyes fell on me as Andre and I had our silent exchange, which I perfectly ignored, yet still able to notice. I didn't dare myself to look back at him and kept my gaze towards the small crowd of people in the bar while I listen to their conversation. I don't deny that I'm eavesdropping, but I'm not admitting this out loud.

"So, how are things with her?" Andre asked him, his voice almost a whisper, yet it was still loud enough for me to hear.

There was a slight pause before Logan answered. "She came to see me last night. I've talked to her, but she is stubborn." He replied sternly with a hint of anger and frustration.

"I'm so sorry about that, Doc. That woman sure is a handful." Andre voice was filled with sympathy.

I slightly glance back at the two of them and saw Andre patting Logan's shoulder in a comforting gesture. But, it wasn't Andre's friendly gesture that made my heart tighten a little. It was the expression plastered on Logan's face. It was the same look that I've had a few weeks ago when my ex-boyfriend cheated on me. The face of a man being betrayed by someone he trusted and loved.

I turned my head away from the scene, feeling a tear slowly escaping my guarded eyes. Why do I feel like crying? Sure, I can feel bad about his situation. He may have gone through the same hell as I had, but no more, no less. So, why do I feel like I wanted to comfort him right now? I wanted to hug and kiss all his pain away and make him smile again. What have I been drinking tonight? Maybe the wine Andre insisted we drink had more alcohol content than I thought it would.

They kept talking for a few more moments, which I couldn't anymore concentrate on listening. And then Logan excused himself, walking back towards a group of man across from our booth. I eyed his retreating figure for a moment before looking back at Andre, who was settling himself in the chair across from me.

"So, are you going to offer me a drink or what?" I asked in mock challenge and smirked at him, letting him know I was kidding.

"Oh. Right. Coming right up." He quickly replied, jumping out of his seat animatedly.

I stared at him with amusement, shaking my head. It was the first time in the night that Andre was loose and buoyant; he had been slightly stiff with the question and answer tactic. But, I couldn't say the night was bad, I was having fun, and still going to be having fun with this date. I only hope that I would be able to keep myself in check with my emotions, being that someone who is a potential distraction is just sitting across from me.

I glance towards Logan's direction slyly as I grabbed my phone in my bag. He was laughing hysterically about something a man in their table said, who was gesturing his hand like he was describing something huge. I turned and looked away as his head slowly turned towards my direction. Frantically, I kept my head down and looked for my phone in my black mini purse.

I stayed in that position for awhile until Andre rejoined me in the table, putting two bottle of beer. I glance up at him and smiled, and internally sighing with relief. He was the distraction I need to keep me sane tonight.

"I hope your okay with beer. I forgot to ask you what you liked." Andre stated shyly as he lingered by his chair, still standing.

"Beer is fine. Thank you." I quickly replied, and gestured my hand for him to seat.

"So. You guys come here often?" I asked after a short pause as Andre settled in his seat.

"Yeah. The guys and I come here often to hang out." Andre replied nonchalantly as he took a sip from his beer.

"The guys... You mean the guys who lived on our floor?" I asked in conformation, though I was sure he meant those guys.

"Yes. Whenever I'm around town, they always find time to get together and have a drink." He answered with a smirk, like he was reliving a memory in his mind. "But, we only do these whenever Rayne is out. She always insists on coming along with us if she is at home." He added in a whisper as he lean towards me.

I chuckled at his words, absorbed by the man in front of me. For the rest of the night, Andre kept the conversation flowing; but, this time, he was more relaxed and less formal than when we were back in the restaurant. We talked about work - well, I talked about my work since he still doesn't tell me what he do, but at least I know he travels a lot. And then, we talked about other nonessential things like why I like drinking caramel macchiato, which is my recent coffee addiction. I think I've never had a good time with any other guys who isn't related to me, but with the one exemption.

Around one in the morning, Andre and I called it a night. We walked back to the apartment, strolling with my arm around his under the chilly night. The act was casual and too comfortable for my liking, but I didn't let those thoughts bother me. I don't want to end the date with a sour thought.

When we finally reached to our apartment building, we waited for the elevator for awhile, standing side by side in a comfortable silence. Around that time, my thoughts are leading to a very different direction. I know it childish to even think of it, but nobody knows what I'm thinking right, unless the emotion is plastered on my face. But, I'm sure that I'm doing my best poker face at the moment.

So, the thoughts that were the sound track in my mind at the moment were whether he would kiss me or not. Yes, it's very childish to have these thoughts. I know I'm a grown woman and if I wanted to kiss a guy I like that may like me back, I can kiss him. But, deep down, all women wanted a man who always takes the next step.

When the elevator door finally opened after what seems like forever, I can hear my heart over my ear, thumping loudly in my chest. As the elevator door closes, the silence between us prolonged as we both waited for our floor to come. I was gripping the sling of my purse to hard that the palm of my hand felt like it had been nipped by ants. The alcohol in my system is not helping much to calm these acute senses.

I didn't notice that we were already on our floor. The sudden touch of Andre's hand on my shoulder startled me a little, making me move away from me touch for a second before I got a grip on my surrounding.

"Ladies first." He stated as his hand gestured towards the hall.

I look at him and smiled shyly before walking ahead of him. I'm embarrassed that he had to witness my lack of awareness to my surroundings. I can't believe I zoned out on him.

As I continued my walk of shame to my apartment, all thoughts about the kiss or not debate was gone in my mind. I was now preoccupied about something else. And that was the sight of Logan and Amanda standing across my door, arguing loudly.

"Can't you just listen for a minute? You never let me say a word and explain myself!" Amanda exclaimed in frustration.

"I don't have the time in the world to hear you excuses. I had enough of your lies, Amanda." Logan interjected his voice stern and calm, yet it had a slight edge of anger on them.

"Logan. Please... Just hear me out again..." Amanda whispered lightly in a sob as she grabbed a hold on Logan's jacket.

Logan stopped on his tracked as he felt Amanda's hold on his jacket. In that moment, I was literally holding my breath as I watch the scene unravel in front of me. I was emotionless and speechless at the same time. I wanted to go away and hide. I felt like I've stepped into something beyond me. I was an intruder, a bystander, I had no right to witness or hear these things.

Then, Andre finally made his presence known. I was having mixed feelings on whether to kick his ass or hugged him for taking me out of my miserable state. He walked up to Logan and Amanda which finally gave away that we were there witnessing their fight.

"Hey guys. Is there a problem here?" Andre interjected, walking up towards them and stop to stand in between the two.

Logan turned to look at Andre with a slight annoyance in his face, yet he didn't say anything to him.

"Would you mind your own business, Andre? I'm not here to talk to you." Amanda hissed at him, her eyes screamed piss off.

"I'm just asking. I don't want any trouble around here. Besides, I live here anyways. So, you're disturbing and trespassing private property." Andre stated back calmly, yet his word had a threat underlying beneath them.

Amanda was speechless as she stared back at Andre in shock. Andre kept his face unaffected by her expression and kept staring at her calmly. Logan was quiet throughout their confrontation as I have. I quickly glance at him for a moment and saw the reason why he was silent. His gaze was on me the whole time. I gave him a small apologetic smile to ease out the awkward situation.

Logan smirked at me in reply before looking away towards Andre and Amanda. "We already had this talk, Amanda. My decision is still the same. So, this conversation is over, and please don't come here in my apartment anymore. You are disturbing my neighbors." Logan said with calm confidence, his voice ring with finality.

Amanda was speechless with Logan's word. Somehow, as a bystander as of the moment, I felt sympathetic towards her. Two guys gaining up on you is pretty harsh. But, I don't know the back story of the situation. I don't know why they felt that way towards her. I may sympathize by her current situation, but that is all I could sympathize towards a stranger.

Without a word, Amanda walked out on all of us towards the waiting elevator. The timing was so perfect for her exit, I thought it was fate that things turned out the way it did. When the elevator closed with her inside, I saw both Logan and Andre physically relax, their shoulders suddenly slumped. I chuckled at their in sync action.

"What's so funny?" Logan asked his eye back on me.

"You both are." I replied still chuckling.

"Yes, it is funny whenever I'm the subject of your entertainment." Andre interjected, chuckling in tune with me.

"Sure do. But, the British accent cancels it out sometimes. Plus, you're wearing a suit, which is totally a comedic turn off." I remarked with light tease, snorting as I hold back a roll of giggle.

"I think I'm hurt. You think I'm not funny enough?" Andre asked in mock hurt.

I shook my head as I walked towards my apartment door, shuffling around my purse to get my key. "I think I'll call this a night." I stated as I turn around with the key already in hand.

"Yes. Me too." Logan agreed with me as he paced across from me.

"Wait." Andre breathed his eyes on me as he stood between Logan and me. He slightly turned half his body in Logan's direction for a second but twisted his whole body back in my direction. Slowly, he walked towards me without taking his eyes off mine.

When he was finally standing right in front of me, the entire nerve ending was focus on that one sense, his lustful hypnotic eyes. His gaze sends a sudden chill at the back of my neck down my spine. In that moment, Andre had taken over my thoughts.

"I can't let pass this opportunity to finally say goodnight to you..." he stated, trailing off in a whisper as he lean slowly to my face. "... with a kiss." He added his voice a sweet caress.

The air was hitched mid-breath as I started to inhale at a fast pace. Then, before I could prepare and react to his words, his lips lightly bushed against mine catching me off guard. I slowly close my eyes a savor the sweet moment. His slightly dry lips were soft for his manly feature. It was sensual and sweet, and it wasn't rush. It was the kind of kiss that would make a woman feel that she was in the right hands of a man who knows how to be a gentleman - a rare species in this day and age.

When the kiss was finally over - which seemed like forever for me -, he lightly lean his forehead in mine to catch a breath and then he kissed my forehead as he stepped away.

"Good night. Sweet dreams, Allison." He said with a small smile as he walked towards his apartment at the end of the hall.

I was stunned for a moment, unable to respond to his words. My mind was slightly incoherent and my heart beat was in my ear, I could clearly hear its frantic rhythm. When I was back down on earth and out of the cloud, my eyes landed towards Logan's close door. My breath hitched again, this time in reaction from my realization. Did Logan see us kiss?

Before the thoughts lead to somewhere south, I snap myself out of it and got inside my apartment. Tonight was, in summary, elegant, sweet, and heart stoppingly mind boggling. His smile, his laughs, his sweet comments, his light jokes, and those lips. Good lord, thank you for creating such beautiful creatures in this world.

Sighing dreamily, I crushed down in my bed, not sure how I got to my room. I grab my pillow and hugged it close to me with a growing smile. I reminisce the date in as much detail as I can in the silent light. I didn't care if I went to sleep without taking off my makeup and with my new black and white tube dress. I was untouchable in my thoughts for the rest of the night. Yet, as unconsciousness caught up with me, a familiar set of Caribbean blue eyes suddenly pops in my mind.

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

184K 10.9K 38
(Completed) With a past and now a present, can they have a future? Once again Bethany is planning the foundation's annual winter gala and the last pe...
136K 4K 19
❝That's the thing about love. It isn't going to be easy, it isn't going to be smooth, but it's going to be worth it. Because sometimes you have to ta...
8.1K 1.1K 35
***FEATURED NA ROMANCE*** What happens if your fiction comes true? Eva considers herself realistic person rather than romantic. Her best friend insi...
134K 8.7K 56
When A.J. is forced into an internship with her father's business, she finds herself touring with the biggest band in the world, and the man who will...