Reflecting their own light: R...

By MindyRoot

Picking up where the revival left off, we find Rory and Logan making their own way. They say there are two si... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 0.5 (Preface)
Chapter 1.5
Chapter 2.5
Chapter 3.5
Chapter 4.5
Chapter 5.5
Chapter 6.5
Chapter 7.5
Chapter 8.5
Chapter 9.5
Chapter 10.5
Chapter 11.5
Chapter 12.5
Chapter 13.5
Chapter 14.5
Chapter 15.5
Chapter 16.5
Chapter 17.5
Chapter 18.5
Chapter 19.5
Chapter 20.5
Chapter 21.5
Chapter 22.5
Chapter 23.5
Chapter 24.5
Chapter 25.5
Chapter 26.5
Chapter 27.5
Chapter 28.5
Chapter 29.5
Chapter 30.5
Chapter 31.5
Chapter 32.5
Chapter 33.5
Chapter 34.5
Chapter 35.5
Epilogue

Chapter 6

5K 60 7
By MindyRoot

I don't think I have stayed at the Dragonfly since the trial run over 10 years ago.  It was just as beautiful as I remembered it.  I cannot wait to see the expansion my mom has in the works.  I was exhausted as soon as we hit the door to our room.  Today had been a long day of packing up my things for the move to New York City.  I finally had an address, a place to call home.  I was relieved that the moving company would take care of everything except the suitcase I packed for myself.  I dreaded having to carry my books.  I don't think I've ever gotten rid of a single book.  If I'm not careful, I'll be on an episode of Hoarders.  I have more books than clothing.  I don't think Logan anticipated the vast collection, the sheer number of tomes.  Just when he thought we had packed the last book, I found another drawer or box with more books stashed in it.

"Hey, Ace, do you think you'd be up for some dinner tonight?" Logan said, startling me a bit.

"Sure, Huntzberger.  What did you have in mind?"

"Don't you worry about a thing!  Take a little nap and I'll wake you in an hour," he replied with an air of mystery in his voice.

What did he have planned?  How was I supposed to sleep knowing he was plotting and scheming?  The power of the bed and pillow were drawing me into its grasp.  I'm sure it was part of Logan's plan.  Without another thought, I was fast asleep.

"Ace, it's time to get up," Logan said softly.

"Has it been an hour already?"

"Yes, it has been.  Now it's time for you to get ready or we'll be late for our reservation," he said with the same mystique as earlier.

I was thankful Logan agreed to stop by Stars Hollow.  I finally had more than three days' worth of clothing.  "What am I going to wear this evening, Huntzberger?"  I smiled, coyly.  I tried to read his reaction in an attempt to discern his plans.

"Why don't you wear your lucky outfit?" He said with a wink.

I could see he could hardly contain his excitement.  I wondered what he had planned.  There wasn't much he could do in Stars Hollow.  Everything closes early and the suggestion of my lucky dress doesn't scream "We're going to Luke's".  What are you planning, Mr. Huntzberger? I think to myself.  Life with Logan is never boring.  I find my lucky outfit, fix my hair and make-up.

"I'm ready to go, Mr. Huntzberger," I call to Logan.

Logan pulls a black, silk cloth from his pocket.  He wraps it over my eyes and ties it behind my head.  I'm instantly taken back to that fateful day just outside of my dorm, in the vestibule.  I was instructed to wrap a similar black cloth over my eyes waiting to go to my first Life and Death Brigade event.  A smile slowly grows across my face thinking about this memory.  I could feel his eyes on me even thought I couldn't see him.  I felt him slip an arm around my waist, guiding me down the stairs of the Dragonfly.  I could hear voices coming from the dining room.  I couldn't make any of them out yet.  The rumblings got quiet as we approached the dining room.

Logan removed the blindfold from my eyes.  I looked around the room, waiting for my eyes to adjust.  Faces came into focus.  My memory was not so far removed from the present.  Finn, Colin, Robert, Lane, Zack, Paris, Doyle and a few others' faces were staring at me, smiling.  Logan had organized a party.

"Kid," I heard my mother's voice behind me as the dull roar grew.  "You've got yourself a good one here.  I may have had my reservations about him before, but he's proven himself a hundred times over this last week."

"He really has been amazing.  I had no idea he was planning anything like this.  He just said dinner," I replied.

"This isn't the last of the surprises, Rory," she said, leading me to the conclusion there was more.  Just when I think it couldn't get any better, Logan turns it up to eleven.

"What do you mean?" I said as I turned around in time to witness Sookie wheeling in a beautiful cake.  "Sookie's here?!" I exclaimed.  "I haven't seen Sookie in ages, Mom!"

"Logan asked me to get him in touch with her.  He knows how much you adore her.....and her food," she smiled.  "He wanted this to be special for you."

I turned to find Logan, who was watching me with anticipation.  He made his way over to me.  Logan put his hands on my hips, looking into my eyes.

"Surprise, Ace!  I wanted to do something special for you.  I figured what better place than right here at the Dragonfly!  I hope you don't mind.  I also managed to get Sookie to cater this little affair since she's not available for the wedding.  She mentioned something about taste testing soil for alkaline level....." he said with a confused look on his face.  "So, I took what I could get."

I grabbed his face and pulled his lips to mine.  We shared a passionate kiss.  "I love it, Logan!  I couldn't ask for anything better!"

"Hello, Love," Finn said, interrupted the kiss.  "I didn't think we'd see you after you said good-bye to us at Colin's Inn."

"Finn," I said as I turned to give him a big hug.  "I'm so glad you came!  I've missed you."

"I wouldn't miss this for the world, darling!  I knew that night was magical," he said with a Finn smile.

"We knew you couldn't stay away," Colin chimed in.  He begins looking around, drink in hand, "I wonder how much-"

"No, Colin," I interrupted his thought.  I knew where he was going.  "You cannot buy my mother's inn!  I'm sure Gypsy could find you a Colt to buy," I said, recalling my last adventure with Logan and the boys.

"I've grown tired of buying Colts.  I may be in the market for a Metro if you know anyone," he stated.

"I'll be on the look-out, Colin," I said, smiling and laughing.  "Will you ever break this habit?"

"No, he won't, you daft girl!" Robert replied chuckling.

I had not expected any of this to happen tonight.  I expected to see everyone in two weeks at the wedding.  This party warmed my heart, touched my soul.  It reminded me how lucky I am to have Logan by my side, as my partner.

I made my way around the party, guest by guest.  Having the opportunity and time to devote to my friends was such a blessing.  Weddings can be such a whirlwind.  I remember Mom's and Lane's.  They were so busy all day and night.  Everyone wants a piece of your time, and you usually get monopolized by one or two people.  I look around the room and see a wonderful group of friends.  Each person has been engraved into my brain, made a permanent impression.

"Hey, Ace, have you eaten?" Logan slid up behind me, whispering in my ear.

"No, I haven't.  I can't believe I have completely forgotten how unbelievably hungry I am!" I reply, feeling the pangs of hunger suddenly attack my stomach like harpoons into a sperm whale.  Thank you, Grandma, for the graphic tour at the whaling museum in Nantucket.

"Let me grab you a plate.  This is your night!"  He responded as he walked away.

A few minutes later, Logan returned with a plate piled high with taquitos, tater tots and Sookie's famous mac & cheese.  I attacked the food on my plate as if I hadn't eaten in days.  Now I know how Paris felt when she was experiencing Ramadan at the Yale Daily News.  I'd better slow down or this comforting meal will make a reappearance if I'm not careful.  I haven't had nausea in days but that doesn't mean I'm in the clear.  I set the plate on the table and search for a beverage.  As if on cue, Logan strolls over to me with a glass of club soda.  I hear the clink of cutlery against glasses.  I thought they only did that at weddings!  I turn to Logan.  He embraces me and we share a romantic kiss in front of everyone.

"I would like to thank each one of you for coming out to make this night special for us.  Lorelai, thank you for letting us use this beautiful inn of yours and Sookie, we'd like to thank you for catering this little soirée!  These past ten years have had their ups and downs, but we managed to find our way back to each other.  I can't wait to finally make you my wife!  You are the only woman I have ever truly loved with all of my heart!  You're my match.  You push me beyond my limits and I wouldn't be the man I am today without your influence.  Becoming your boyfriend was the easiest decision I've ever made.  We've been through so much together that I can hardly wait to see what adventures await us!  I love you with all of my heart, Lorelai Leigh Gilmore!"

Logan pulled me back into his arms, embracing me, holding me tighter than ever before.  "And I'm not going to let you go," he whispered.  His kiss was soft and tender with a burning desire hidden just below the visual surface.  No one could see it, but I felt it.  It took a moment to step back into reality.  I heard the cheers and applause.  One voice stood out above the others.

"Alright, the party can begin!  Who's getting naked first?"

Of course it was the unmistakable Australian accent belonging to Finn.

"Finn!"  Logan and I shouted at the same time, trying not to laugh to encourage his behavior.  He hadn't changed in all of the years I've known him.  Logan gave me a little squeeze and moved toward the boys, who promptly handed him a drink.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

125K 4.4K 52
At the end of Gilmore Girls: A Year In the Life, Rory finds herself carrying a permanent reminder of Logan. She unexpectedly finds comfort in the ar...
17K 700 17
Starts off at "Wedding Bell Blues" Slightly AU- Rory and Logan start out the way they did on the show. However, Rory is still a virgin and Logan is n...
876K 17.3K 116
This story picks up where "Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life" leaves off-- Lorelai and Luke are married and Rory announces she is pregnant. How does...
160K 3.7K 62
This story begins after the last scene of Bon Voyage, the last episode of the original series. In the time between the end of the series and the revi...