Begin Again

By bocasmaries

Selena Gomez is a 22 year old-fresh out of college and ready to begin a new life with her four year old daugh... More

Begin Again
Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Epilogue
GO READ MY NEW STORIES
SEQUEL ANNOUNCEMENT
Okay For Real This Time, Sequel + New Stories
Spin Off Is Up
Did I Just Do That?

Chapter 2

19.2K 403 249
By bocasmaries

Chapter 2:

Selena’s POV:

“Mommy wake up!!” I heard a yelling voice from beside me. I felt a quick jump on the bed beside me, so I opened one eye peeping out seeing it was my daughter dressed in light blue washed jean pants with a pink and white flower top and her hair in a high bun.

“Mommy up! We leave for Florida today!” She said happily in a sing-song voice.

I yawned stretching out when I realized I might as well get up now, because Kaylie wouldn’t leave me alone until I did get up.

I groggily sat up rubbing my eyes turning to face my alarm clock seeing it was barely even nine am. Our plane flight didn’t leave until two this afternoon. Five hours of absolutely nothing to do.

“Mommy, are you up?” Kaylie asked looking at me.

“Yes mommy is up.” I smiled sleepily. I pulled Kaylie over to me so she was sitting on my lap. “Who got you dressed?” I asked.

“Auntie Layne. We went out and got some Ihop.” Kaylie smiled. “She told me to come wake you up to eat.”

“Okay, go tell Auntie Layne I’ll be down in a minute.” I said giving her a kiss on the forehead.

“Okay mommy.” Kaylie said getting off the bed and ran out the door down the stairs to the kitchen.

I slowly got out of bed slipping on my house shoes and pulling my robe that was on the chair next to my door, walking out my room and down the stairs to the kitchen.

I saw Layne and Kaylie already sitting at the breakfast table eating with an extra plate beside them with food—I’m guessing which is mine.

I sat down picking up my fork.

“Well good morning sleepy head.” Layne smiled.

“Morning,” I said before taking a bite from my pancakes.

“How’d you sleep?”

“I slept okay.” I said after I swallowed my mouthful of food.

“Excited to go back home today?”

“Sort of. I am gonna miss it here—you know, you and Mason and some of my friends that I’ve made through college, but then again I’m excited to go back home and be with my mom and dad and my friends since childhood.” I said.

“Did your mom get everything set up?”

“Yeah, she said my room is ready and so is Kaylie’s.” I smiled.

Kaylie and I were going to be living with my parents and Gracie for a month or two, until I get settled in and ready to move into my own space with Kaylie. My mom and dad decided to go ahead and have me send mine and Kaylie’s stuff over so I did. A week ago I sent over majority of our clothes and any other belongings so we wouldn’t have to travel with them.

Also since my parents moved into a bigger house, Kaylie and I would be getting our own rooms, and my parents decided to decorate them for me.

“I can’t wait to live with granny and papa!” Kaylie smiled.

“Well I’m glad you’re excited Kaylie!” Layne added.

I knew Layne was upset about me leaving because she has enjoyed mine and Kaylie’s company for four and a half years now. Layne was the one who helped me when I gave birth, she was the one who was always there for me after I would come home from my disappointing dates when guys left me when they found out I had a kid. Layne was always there for me.

+

After eating breakfast, Layne took Kaylie the park so I could finish packing the last bags of Kaylie and mines. There were only 4 bags, so it wasn’t much.

I brought the last bag down the stairs into the living room before the door bell rung. I went to the door looking through the peep hole, and then opened it.

“Hi Mason.” I smiled.

“Hi Selena.” He replied.

“Come in.” I said gesturing towards the hallway that leads to the living room. Mason nodded his head and walked in, both of us walking into the living room taking a seat on the couch.

“Where’s Kaylie?” He asked.

“Layne took her to the park; they should be back any minute because it’s almost time for her to take us to the air port.” I said.

“When does your flight take off?” Mason asked.

“Two o’clock.” I said.

“How long does it take to get there?”

“About two hours and a half. So we should land in Florida no later than five-thirty.” I said.

Before Mason and I could say anything further Kaylie and Layne walked in. When Kaylie saw Mason she ran into his arms hugging him.

“MACE!” She squealed. “What are you doing here?”

“I came to say bye.” He said.

“I’ll miss you Mace.” Kaylie pouted.

“I’ll miss you too Kells,” Mason began using his nickname for Kaylie,”but remember I can always come visit or your mom and you can come back and visit.” Mason finished off.

Kaylie nodded her head and hugged him tight with her arms around his neck, and his around her body.

“I love you Mace.” Kaylie sniffled.

“I love you too Kells.”

+

Mason left ten minutes after hugging and re-assuring Kaylie that he wouldn’t forget about her and visit her soon as he could.

It made me realize how much Kaylie will miss Mason—because that’s the closet thing she ever had as a father.

Layne had brought Kaylie and I to the air port and Kaylie was playing on her tablet, while I sat quietly and I could feel Layne staring at me.

“Layne I can feel you staring at me.” I said quietly turning to face her.

“What are you thinking about baby? I know you’re thinking so don’t say you aren’t. You’re making that thinking face you always do—which is cute by the way.”

I remember when Justin used to always tell me that too.

I sighed. I looked over to my right side where Kaylie had her earphones in watching videos then I turned back to Layne.

“Just thinking how Florida will be. How much Kaylie and I both will miss Mason and you.” I said.

“Selena, remember Mason and I will always love you and Kaylie no matter what, and even though we’re thousands of miles apart, we’ll always be here for you.” She smiled.

“Flight 37, to Boca Raton, Florida, now boarding.” We heard.

“Well, that’s our cue.” I said getting up, Layne following my movements. “I love you Layne.”

“Love you too Selena.” Layne said. We gave each other a tight hug before letting go and Layne bent down to hug Kaylie.

Kaylie had put her earphones around her neck—with her tablet still in hand.

“And I love you too Ms. Kaylie.” Layne said. I could tell she was trying to hold back any tears and it made me just want to cry.

Did Justin feel this way when he left me to go to St. Louis?

“I love you too Auntie Layne. Pinky promise you won’t forget about me?”

“Pinky promise.” Layne said wrapping her big pinky around Kaylie’s little one.

“C’mon Kaylie.” I said placing my arm around her shoulder.

We said one last good-bye to Layne before we boarded our plane and took our seats.

My parents had offered to buy Kaylie and me first class tickets, but I couldn’t do that since they were letting me stay with them for free so I just bought two coach tickets.

After the flight attended told us the restrictions, blah, blah, blah, I realized it was only Kaylie and I in this section.

Once the plane was in the air, I noticed Kaylie gazing out the window.

“Isn’t this cool?” I asked her. She turned to face me from the window and smile nodding her head before turning back to the window.

I could tell she was thinking about something. Not only did she have her thinking face on, but she could barely look me in the eyes.

Something Justin did when he was upset and thinking.

“Sweetie, how about you tell mommy what you’re thinking?” I asked her.

Kaylie turned to me and sighed. “Just thinking about my daddy.” She said.

“What you mean thinking about him?” I asked.

“What’s he like. If he’ll like me. And if I’ll ever meet him.” She said looking at me. “Mommy what was daddy like?” She asked.

“Well your daddy was really shy at first when I met him. He was like a nerd.” I said and she chuckled. “But he was really sweet.”

“How did you meet him?”

“Well, we went to the same school since elementary. But we didn’t start talking until senior year of high school.” I said re-calling the memories that I’ve shared with Justin. “We became partners for a math packet and became bestfriends. Then we decided to start dating.”

“Did you like dating daddy?”

“I did. He was the best boyfriend ever.” I smiled. “He treated me like a princess.” I said and Kaylie’s eyes widened.

“A princess?”

“Yes.” I smiled.

“Did Gracie like him?”

“Yes she did.” I said being careful what I said. Kaylie has met Jazzy and Pattie before when I went to go visit everyone for Christmas—luckily Justin went on a trip, with his girlfriend.

Even though Kaylie is only four—almost five—she isn’t stupid actually; she’s very smart.

I wonder where she gets that from.

If I told her that Gracie was actually bestfriends with her dad’s sister, then she’ll automatically know its Jazzy and then figure everything out.

“Mommy?” Kaylie asked snapping me out of my day dreaming. “Do you think my daddy would love me?”

“Yes he would baby.”

+

After a two hour and forty five minute flight, Kaylie and I finally arrived to Boca, and it felt good to be home.

We walked off the plane, grabbing our bags then I texted my mom saying I was here.

Kaylie and I took a seat with our bags.

“Are you happy to be in Florida?” I asked her.

“YES!” She beamed.

“SELLY!” I heard my oh-so-familiar nick name being called. I turned in my seat seeing it was Gracie with, Jazzy, and my parents.

“Gracie!” I yelled.

Gracie and Jazzy both ran up to me, leaving our parents behind and both girls hugged me.

“We’ve missed you so much Selly.” They both said.

“I’ve missed you two too.” I said giving them a quick squeeze before we let each other go.

“Grace! Jaz!” Kaylie exclaimed.

“KAYLIE!” They both squealed hugging my daughter.

“Don’t squeeze my daughter to death now!” I joked.

Jazzy and Gracie let go of Kaylie, just as my parents walked up.

“Hi mom, hi dad.” I smiled hugging my mom first, then my dad.

“I’m so glad ya’ll made it in.” My mom said.

“Nonna, Papa!” Kaylie yelled to my mom and dad.

Kaylie ran and jumped into my dad’s arms, wrapping her tiny arms around his neck and she hugged him and he hugged her back.

My dad passed Kaylie to my mom, and Kaylie did the same to my mom as she did to my dad.

“Let’s get home so we can go out for dinner.” My mom said clapping her hands.

“That sounds great! Can Jazzy come?” Gracie asked.

“Grace, you know you don’t have to ask. Jazzy has been a part of this family for four years now.” Mama chuckled.

+

“Thanks for dinner parents.” I smiled as my parents, Gracie, Jazzy, Kaylie and I all got out of my dad’s truck who magically fit us all in.

After picking up Kaylie and me from the air port, first we came back home so I could drop off our suite cases we brought, then we all went out to dinner at Olive Garden.

“It’s no problem sweetie. Your dad and I are so happy you and Kaylie are here.” My mom smiled.

My dad held Kaylie on his hip and the rest of us walked up to the house.

“Selena, how about you go into the house first?” My dad said. I turned to look at him giving them all a confused face while all of them just smiled back at me.

“Ok?” I said confused.

I walked up to the front door of my parents’ house and opened the door slowly, scared to see what was inside. I walked through the foyer and into the living room, turning on the light, only to hear people scream “WELCOME HOME!”

“OH MY GOSH” I screamed. My hands flew over my face, so I could stop myself from crying.

My friends threw me a welcome back party.

“SELENA!” I heard my best friend yell.

“DEMI!” I yelled back running to hug her.

We wrapped each other’s arms around each other tightly like it was our first time seeing each other after a thousand years.

“I’M SO HAPPY YOU’RE BACK!” She squealed once we pulled away.

“I’m happy to be back!” I squealed back.

“Ok Demi, you have to share Selena, you’re not the only who missed her.” Ryan chuckled while coming up behind her.

“Hi Ryan.” I smiled and hugged him also.

It’s nice to see Ryan and Demi still together as a couple.

“SELENA!” I heard two more girls squeal seeing it was Barbara and Jas.

“Hey girls!” I smiled and we all hugged.

“Where’s Ariana and Jai?” I asked once we pulled away.

“Oh they’re in Australia.” Demi said. “Both are sad they couldn’t be here, but they’ll be back home in a month or so.”

“Oh, okay.” I smiled.

“Selena, your dad and I are just gonna take Gracie, Jazzy, and Kaylie out for some ice cream so you can spend time with your friends.”My mom said, I turned around to face her and nodded my head.

“Ok mom.” I smiled and hugged her.

She then walked out and Demi opened a bottle of wine, then my heart sunk. I realized one person was missing from our group.

Justin.

Ryan’s POV:

“Where’s Justin?” Demi asked me once she pulled me aside from everyone else.

“I don’t know? He said he would be here.” I sighed.

“Well call him.” Demi demanded. “Even though Selena hasn’t said anything, I can tell by her eyes, and body language she’s wondering where he is.” Demi added.

“It’s funny how much you and Selena know each other to just read each other’s body language.” I chuckled.

“And I bet you and Justin are the same.” She smiled, kissing me on the cheek then walked back over to her bestfriend.

I stepped out of the kitchen through the back patio doors and took out my phone and dialed Justin’s number.

It rung a few times before he finally picked up.

“Yo Ryan, what up man?”

“Don’t what up man me,” I said. “Where are you?” I asked.

“I’m out to dinner with Sasha, why?” Justin asked a little bit confused.

“Why? Are you freaking kidding me Justin?” I said shaking my head even though he couldn’t see me.

I heard Justin mumble something—probably excusing himself from Sasha.

“What are you talking about Ryan?” Justin asked more confused then ever.

“Selena? Remember? Her surprise party doofus!” I said.

“Oh dammit.” Justin said. “I totally forgot man.”

“Well you better get your ass over here.”

“I can’t, I’m having dinner with Sasha.” Justin said.

“Let me guess, Sasha is the one who planned the dinner?”

“Yeah. She said that we should go out for dinner tonight.” Justin replied.

I shook my head, knowing Sasha was the one who really did this.

“Whatever man.” I said. “I gotta go, Demi is about to cut Selena’s ‘welcome home’ cake.” I said then hung up, walking back into the house.

“Ryan were have you been?” Selena asked me once she looked up from the cake.

“Oh I was just talking on the phone with my aunt. She might be coming for a visit.” I lied.

Selena nodded her head and smiled then turned to talk to Barbara.

“So what did Justin say?” Demi whispered to me.

“He’s out to dinner with Sasha, and most likely won’t be able to make it.” I said and Demi rolled her eyes not saying anything.

“Let’s just forget about them. This party is about Selena being back home, not Justin being a dumb ass for his gold digging bitch.” Demi said causing me to laugh out loud.

“What’s so funny?” Selena asked turning to us.

“Oh, you know how Demi is.” I said.

“Oh really, and how am I?” Demi laughed trying to act hurt.

“Uh oh.” Barbara, Jas, and Selena all said at the same time.

“You in trouble now.” Selena chuckled walking over to pour her some more wine.

“Demi, you are the best girlfriend in the entire world and I’m glad to be with you.” I said.

“Nice save.”

Justin’s POV:

I can’t believe I forgot that Selena was coming back home today, and the welcome back surprise party that Demi had planned.

How could I forget that? I’ve been most excited for this since forever actually.

I walked back to my table, where Sasha was waiting.

“Hey babe, sorry about that.” I said.

“It’s ok Justin.” She smiled.

“Did you remember that Selena’s welcome back party was today?” I asked, picking up my fork.

“Oh I forgot babe.” Sasha said. “I’m sorry. We can leave dinner early so you can—“She began but I cut her off by shaking my head and putting up my hand.

“No babe it’s okay.” I said. “Selena will always be here, I can go see her whenever.” I smiled and Sasha did too.

“I love you Justin.” She said.

“And I love you Sasha.” I smiled.

-

Hey cuties! Sorry if this chapter sucks :/ i really wanted to post, since it was one of my reader's birthday on tumblr. And I know majority of this Chapter was Selena's POV, let's just say this was the awkward chapter lmao. Again, thank you so much for the nice comments on chapter one and keep commenting and voting!! (: I've also updated the Cast Members so now you can visiually see what Kaylie looks like! She's played by McKenzie Ziegler from Dance Moms.

I'll be posting every Thursday--just until I get caught up on school work, and get more chapters written then hopefully I'll be posting at least twice a week! (:

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

676K 33.4K 24
โ†ณ โ [ ILLUSION ] โž โ” yandere hazbin hotel x fem! reader โ” yandere helluva boss x fem! reader โ”• ๐ˆ๐ง ๐ฐ๐ก๐ข๐œ๐ก, a powerful d...
244K 6K 52
โŽฏโŽฏโŽฏโŽฏโŽฏโŽฏโŽฏ เชœโ€โžด ๐…๐„๐„๐‹๐’ ๐‹๐ˆ๐Š๐„ .แŸ โ› & i need you sometimes, we'll be alright. โœ IN WHICH; kate martin's crush on the basketball photographer is...
56.3K 1.8K 25
A story in which a shy, quiet student falls in love with her handsome, gorgeous teacher named Mr. Mahone. ~And a Special Thanks To @kiingyasmiin For...
9K 215 42
Ashley and her love of her life she thought had just cheated on her after three years with her best friend Jessica. She had no clue and decided to st...