Two Of A Kind

By coco10

Astrea thinks she is the only Time Lady in existence. After the death of her recent companion, Sam, she turns... More

Change
Unknown Home
First Encounter
True Identity
The Past
UNIT
Just Like Old Times
Weeping Angels
Unexpected
Cybermen
Broken
TARDIS Tricks
Nightmares and Love
A Kind Heart
A Fun Lazy Day
A Day With Ten
Time Alone
What Are They? Part 1
What Are They? Part 2
Red Phone Box And...
Behind The Doctor's Back
Forever Forgotten
The Darkness That Was Hidden
A Fixed Point In Time
Something Familiar Isn't Unimportant
Rely On Alison
A/N
I'm Sorry
An Old Friend
A/N
The Truth
A/N
Good News!!!!
A/N
Finished!!

Past Torchwood Past Jack

294 12 4
By coco10

Astrea and the Doctor left Sparky and went into Torchwood three's base to be greeted by guns.

"Oh, guns. I love guns." Astrea said with false joy.

"Gwen. Ianto. Take her to the vault." A man with with short black hair and brown eyes ordered. "And you." He pointed to the Doctor. "Stay here until Jack gets back."

A woman with long, dark hair and a man wearing a suit took Astrea by the arms and lead her to the vault. 'It was gonna happen at some point' she thought.

'Yeah. Let's just hope they don't kill you or operate on you.'

'That's what I'm hoping too.' "So. Torchwood." Astrea said with a smile. "Beyond the government fighting aliens. Must get exciting here everyday. Or you can say it gets tiring. Depends on your point of view."

"It comes with the job." Gwen said. "Protecting the universe from aliens like you."

"What kind of aliens." Astrea asked. "The good ones?"

"The bad ones." Gwen replied bluntly.

"The bad ones. " Astrea repeated nodding her head. "Well. I'll tell you this for free. If I was a bad alien I would have done something by now. So answer me this. Why have you locked me up?"

"We've been searching for you since Queen Victoria, herself, started Torchwood. You're unidentified and we don't trust you to keep you out of a cell." Ianto replied before he and Gwen left.

"Well then." Astrea said to herself, looking around. "Looks like the only company I have is the Weevils and the Doctor's voice in my head. Yay me."

'Hun you should meet my neighbours. Left, right and center is Weevils. Yay!'

'You're annoyed aren't you?'

'Yep. I'm trapped in a small cell and the only way I can get out is by Jacky and he won't show up for a bit. I know what that twat's like more than anyone.'

'Well, these lot believe I'm the Doctor so I'm gonna ask if I can come down.'

'Or get me released.'

'Jack's back. He'll get you out of this one.'

'If he doesn't give him a smack on the back of the head from me.'

'Yeah but after he puts his gun down. I was wondering how he knew me at Alison's This must be when he first saw me in this form.'

'Torchwood and their guns. They'll be useless without them.' Astrea shook her head.

She heard faint talking so she closed her eyes and focused on what was being said. "Who are you?" Jack asked.

"I'm the Doctor." The Doctor replied.

"If you're the Doctor, prove it."

"You're originally from the 51st century and yo.." The conversation was fading and the Weevils started acting up.

"Would you shut your mouths!" Astrea shouted over the noise.

'Incoming.' The Doctor thought.

Astrea ignored the Doctor's warning and didn't notice the vault door open while she shouted again, "I said shut your gob!"

"Gwen. Why is there a girl in here?" Jack asked.

Astrea noticed Jack then, after hearing that sentence. "That's the unidentified alien. Came out of thin air so we took the chance we had and locked her up." Gwen explained.

"Yeah." Astrea voiced. "And the 'unidentified alien' wouldn't mind getting out of this cell, Jacky." She smirked as she walked towards the cell door.

Jack's face pulled into a thoughtful one. "Who are you?" He asked.

Astrea looked at the Doctor. "You didn't tell him." He just shrugged as she turned her attention back to Jack and said, "A really old friend."

"Elaborate a bit more on that. Lived as long as I have, you meet a lot of people."

"Victorian London. 1874. That thing that happened between you and a Dalek. And you know that only one person in the Universe knows of that." She smirked.

"There is no way in hell you're Astrea."

"Come 'ere then. And don't worry. I won't bite."

Jack cautiously moved forward and Astrea whispered something only he could hear. Afterwards a grin spread across his face then he unlocked the cell letting Astrea out and pulling her into a bear hug. "It's good to see you again, Ast."

"Wish I could say the same." She laughed. She broke the hug and walked over to the Doctor. "Now. What's the matter. Got a text from ya to come to 2004."

"Well. Sorry to inform you but your three years off. It's 2001." Ianto spoke up.

"You are kidding me." Astrea said in disbelief.

Owen walked towards the vault entrance to leave and as he passed Astrea he said, "Nope."

"What crawled up his arse and died?" Astrea asked, throwing a thumb over her shoulder.

Jack shrugged before following Owen out of the vault. The others following suit.

Astrea spoke up saying, "I'm gonna get a cuppa anyone want anything?" She got various 'nope's' and 'no's.' ''Suit yourselves." She said walking off, the other's starting to talk as she entered the kitchen.

As she went about the kitchen she started to silently sing 'Hollywood' by Micheal Buble.

"Could you be a teenage idol?
Could you be a Star movie?
When I turn on my TV, will you smile and wave at me,
telling Oprah who you are?
So you wanna be a rock star,
with blue-eyed bunnies in your bed?
Well, remember when your rich that you sold yourseIf for this,
you'll be famous 'cause you're dead.

So don't go higher for desire
Put it in your head,
baby, Hollywood is dead,
you can find it in yourself.

I don't want to take you dancin'
when your dancin' with the world.
You can flush your caviar and you're million dollar car,
I don't need that kind of girl.
But could you be the next sensation?
Will you set the latest style?
You don't need a catchy song
'cause the kids'll sing along when you sell it with a smile.

So don't go higher for desire
Put it in your head,
baby, Hollywood is dead, you can find it in yourself.
So don't fly higher for your fire
Put it in your head,
baby, Hollywood is dead, you can find it in yourself.
Na na na na na na (keep it in your head, Hollywood is dead)."

She put the kettle on and put three sugars in a cup with a tea bag, a carton of milk sitting on the kitchen counter.

"Well you can do the money tango
You can start your little band
You can swing from vine while the cuties wait in line
with the money in their hands.
But if you get to California, save a piece of gold for me
And it's the only the you' ll save,
but I bet you'll never wave when I watch you on TV.

So don't go higher for desire
Put it in your head,
baby, Hollywood is dead, you can find it in yourself
So don't fly higher, for your fire
Put it in your head,
baby, Hollywood is dead, you can find it in yourself
Keep on Iovin' what is true and the world will come to you,
you can find it in yourself
Love what is true and the world will come to you,
you can find it in yourself

No no no no no..."

The sound of clapping sounded in the room and Astrea spun around, surprised, to see Jack clapping and the Doctor smiling as well as Ianto. A small blush rose to her cheeks so she turned away and busied herself making tea.

"That was brilliant, Raven." Jack smiled. "Don't know what it was but it was good."

"It hasn't been released yet. Will be in about nine years though." The Doctor said.

"Raven?" Astrea asked turning her head around.

"Your hair." Ianto pointed out.

Astrea nodded in understandment, sipping her tea. "Where's the rest of the team?" she asked.

"They went home." Ianto answered. "It was about midnight when you showed up."

"Right." She nodded again.

"Ast. I think we should go and see what future Jack wants." The Doctor spoke up after a moments silence.

"Yeah. I agree." She handed her cup to Jack and headed towards the door. "See ya in three years, Jacky." She called as she and the Doctor walked towards the TARDIS.

Just as she was about to step into the TARDIS Jack shouted her name. She turned around to see Jack with a small box. "Here." he said giving it to her. "Left this behind last time I saw ya."

"What is it?" She asked.

"Dunno. Never opened it." Jack replied honestly. "I'll see you later." He then walked off leaving Astrea, staring at the box, confused.

She walked into Sparky while the Doctor set the co-ordinates for 2004. "I'm gonna change out of this and into my tweed. I still don't know how You persuaded me to wear normal clothes." He looked up from the console to see Astrea leaning against the railings inspecting the small box. ''What's that?" He pointed to the box. Astrea just shrugged in reply.

The Doctor moved and stood beside her. "Where'd you get it?"

"Jack gave it to me. Said I left it behind. Thing is, I don't even remember it."

"Well, you won't find out by staring at it. Open it'"

She opened the box then smiled once she saw the diamond dragonfly necklace in the box. "I thought I lost this." She smiled lifting it out of the box. "I got it as a gift from a species called Xolions. They say it is a great honour for someone to receive the gift of a dragonfly." She explained in thought, looking at it. "The Xolions are a humanoid species with turquoise coloured skin and the wings and speed of a dragonfly. That's why the dragonfly is the highest."

The Doctor looked between the necklace and Astrea before taking it out of her hands and turning her around. ''What are you doing?" She asked. The Doctor didn't reply but put the necklace on her. Astrea lifted the dragonfly up to see it change from a diamond to a ruby. She looked at it intruiged. "Cool. It changed."

''Suits you." The Doctor smiled.

Astrea returned the smile before saying, "Let's go get changed. You don't know what the weather will be like in the UK."

"Race ya." The Doctor called taking off.

"No fair." Astrea laughed running after him to their room to change.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.8K 726 19
Sam is an unbelievable girl who can befriend anyone.Even Ood and Silence. She is a Time Lord(lady) who missed the entire Time War. As unbelievable as...
209K 6.7K 26
Caramillia Jonicale, the last female Timelord among existence. After reaching Earth in a status bubble that kept her safe, with a stolen vortex manip...
24.9K 424 30
Elizabeth Mayfall had a normal life and all of that changed when she met the Doctor. She finds out she is a Time Lord and the Doctor's soul mate. She...
15.6K 739 25
*SEQUEL TO NO WAY OUT (A DOCTOR WHO FANFICTION)* With the loss of a friend, the lords of time mourn, The 'lonely travelers' are reborn, Yet still mov...