Living Like Sleeping Beauty

By Claudiaxcf97

Sleeping Beauty? Ha! That girl had it easy. My name is Morgan Peters and I fall asleep at random times of the... More

Prologue
Chapter One - The Beginning Of The End
Chapter Two - Where Is Your Fairy God Mother When You Need Her?
Chapter Three - Meeting Prince Charming.
Chapter Four - It's Gym Time, Not Nap Time.
Chapter Five - The Blue Paint Accident.
Chapter Six - The Wicked Witch Of Tori-Ville.
Chapter Seven - The Seafood Disaster
Chapter Eight - The Green Eyed Morgan
Chapter Nine - The Dinner Party
Chapter Ten - Parenthood
Chapter Eleven - Annoying Babies And Arrogant Baby Daddies.
Chapter Twelve - The Tables Have Turned.
Chapter Thirteen - Don't Tell Me I Can't Be Sexy.
Chapter Fourteen - A Night To Remember
Chapter Fifteen - Cute
Chapter Seventeen - When Siblings Fight
Chapter Eighteen - Tension
Chapter Nineteen - Kicking and Screaming
Chapter Twenty - Flavour of the Month
Chapter Twenty One - Two Birds, One Stone.
Chapter Twenty Two - Let The Wooing Begin.
Chapter Twenty Three - Detours
Chapter Twenty Four - Is This Public Enough For You?
Chapter Twenty Five - Scenery
Chapter Twenty Six - Persuasive
Chapter Twenty Seven - Busted By a Four Year Old.
Chapter Twenty Eight - Confessions
Chapter Twenty Nine - Baby Steps
Chapter Thirty - The Performance
Chapter Thirty One - Drama
Chapter Thirty Two - Foolish
Chapter Thirty Three - Reality Check
Chapter Thirty Four - Operation Hurt
Chapter Thirty Five - Deals & Misunderstandings
Chapter Thirty Six - The Party (Part 1)
Chapter Thirty Six - The Party (Part 2)
Chapter Thirty Seven - Getting To Know You
Chapter Thirty Eight - An Unappreciated Warning
Chapter Thirty Nine - Preparations For Showtime.
Chapter Forty - Her Regret
Chapter Forty One - An Old Friend
Chapter Forty Two - Alone
Chapter Forty Three - Surrounded with the Familiar
Chapter Forty Four - The Recovery Period

Chapter Sixteen - Making Enemies

184K 3.7K 1.2K
By Claudiaxcf97

Hey everybody. First of all I would just like to say THANK YOU SO MUCH ! Just a couple of days ago, the views on this story was just under 16,000. Now it's over 30,000. You guys are amazing. When I saw all the votes, comments and fans you have given me and this story I was like :O then I fell of my chair... no joke.

So I decided you guys deserve another chapter. And I have decided to shake it up abit. :)

Please continue to do what you guys are doing.

A virtual cookie for each and everyone of you. Yum yum.

Enjoy

Chapter 16 - Making Enemies

I wake up for school refreshed and ready to start a new day. I have my daily shower and get changed in my regular clothes. The weather outside looked like it was going to be a good day so I decided to wear one of my demin shorts that I brought from Colorado. Just as I slipped into them, my phone began to vibrate. I grinned when I saw who it was.

“Ashley! How are you?” I answer immediately. We haven’t talked in a while and I was beginning to get the feeling that we were slipping apart without us realising. But now that she called, it seems that there will be hope for our friendship yet.

“I miss you!” She practically screams down the cell. I smile warmly at hearing my friend’s voice.

“I miss you too.” I reply as I continue to get ready for school.

“Then come visit me.” She moans down the phone. I can hear chattering in the background which tells me she must be with her friends from school. Like Chase’s past girlfriends, Ashley’s school friends didn’t like me either. They repeatedly asked her like why was she friends with the weird girl who didn’t socialise with anybody other than her brother and next door neighbour. And every time Ashley would put them back in place. Which was why I treasured her as a friend so much.

“I can’t. I only moved here.” I sigh while picking up a light cardigan from on top of my dresser. An idea hits me then. “Why don’t you come here for a while? Gran has plenty of space and I’m sure Chase wouldn’t mind seeing you.” I suggest. I can literally hear her brain thinking as she is quiet down the other line.

“I don’t know.” She begins slowly.

“Why not?” I whine playfully.

“Well to be honest, I don’t think California can handle me. But if it’s to see my best friend in the whole wide world then I guess I’m just going to have to suck it up. If it’s all right with your gran that is,” Just then I hear demanding voices in the background and Ashley hissing back. “Because she’s my friend, now piss off,” Then there is more demanding voices. “Fine Derek!  I’m coming!” She yells back at this person Derek.

“Is everything okay Ash?” I ask, concerned at what’s happening.

“I’m fine. Sorry Momo, I have to go, bye.”

I don’t even have a chance to say good bye before she hangs up. Shrugging, I throw my cell on the bed and head to the bathroom to brush my teeth.

Soon I am ready and waiting for my brother to eat his breakfast. Oscar whipped us up waffles this morning and as always, they tasted amazing. Finally Chase gobbled up the last forkful and began rubbing his tummy in satisfaction.

“Oscar has outdone his self.” He sighed, closing his eyes in satisfaction. I rolled my eyes. If he carried on eating like he was, he was sure to be ten times the size he is now.

“And you will explode someday if you don’t stop taking second helpings.” I comment, jumping from my chair and retrieving my bag from the foyer. Chase follows behind, moaning about needing time to digest but I quickly learn to ignore him. For some reason I am eager to get to school and I refused to believe that it has something to do with a certain player you kissed me and called me cute all in the same night.

“Ugh what’s the hurry?” My brother complains while slipping into the driver’s seat.

“There is no hurry. I just don’t want to sit around all day watching you moan and groan because you ate too much.” I reply, shaking my head at him as we pull out of the driveway. “Remember tonight is movie night.” I remind him of our weekly tradition. Every Wednesday was our movie night where he actually stays in and we whip out the popcorn and choose a movie to watch. This week it was his turn to pick the film and I knew it would be of the action genre.

“Yeah, yeah, yeah.” He mutters to himself. We make idly chit chat on our way to school. Occasionally he sees a girl on the sidewalk in shorts too tight and would totally lose focus on the road. I would slap in on the back of the head and immediately he would give me a sheepish grin and return to driving us to school.

Soon we are pulling into the iron gates of school. I see Tessa waiting beside our usual parking space and a smile comes to my lips. Even though I don’t get much time to talk to Ashley, I was glad that I have Tessa. We became best friends immediately and I trusted her just like I did with Ashley. If only Chase would stop flirting with both her and Chloe then everything would be perfect. Too be honest, I would be okay if he chose one but he continually led Tessa along while he took Chloe out on dates and I knew they were doing more than flirting.

“Hey.” She greets as I step out of the car. I return the greeting and we head to the front doors. For the first time Tessa completely ignores Chase and to say I was proud would be an understatement. I glanced back to see his bewildered expression as he watched us leave.

“What was that about?” I ask her while we walk down the halls to our lockers. She simply shrugs and gives me a small smile.

“I decided I needed to act less pathetic. Here I am, waiting for the guy I like to ask me out and he obviously likes someone else. I’ve waited long enough and I know it’s time for me to move on.” She tells me confidently and without waver. I could seriously burst with pride right now. This is the first time any girl walked away from Chase with their dignity still intact.

Even though I have never been the girly type, I couldn’t help but let out a high pitched squeal and throw my arms around her.

“Finally! Someone has the sense to realise that Chase isn’t that all special.” I laugh. It may sound that I am being horrible about my brother right now but after years of watching him break girl’s hearts, it felt good that my only friend here was not going to be one of them.

She laughs along with me as we collect out books.

My first class of the day is English. Tessa and I say our goodbyes and I head to my class. I began to ascend the stairs to my class when Chloe appears out of nowhere.

“Hey Blondie.” She greets causally. I try and act friendly but ever since she began making little comments about Tessa and how she is getting her hopes up about Chase, I haven’t really been able to stomach her blunt attitude.

“Hi Chloe” I manage to smile.

“Ugh those stupid plastic babies are getting on my nerves. I made my partner take it home but he now insists that I have to take it and I was like, uh no. But he keeps trying to shove it in my hands like a creep but I told him I will pay him to look after it by himself. Of course he said yes. It was kind of funny because I could see he was like so tired and that just made totally awesome because if I had to look after that thing then I would get bags under my eyes. And no girl on this earth likes bags. By the way you should get yours sorted out. No offense but their kind of disgusting…,” Even though I found that extremely insulting, I decided to ignore her and let her blab on about just about anything she wanted.

But the whole time she talked, I was looking for Scott. My mind raced with questions like did he tell anyone my secret? How was he coping with the plastic baby? Would I get to kiss him again? Wait, that last question was totally irrelevant. I pushed it out of my mind as quickly as possible.

I decided to tune back into what Chloe was saying.

“-And I was so happy because I got the main part in the school musical. So I will be the main star!” She gushed happily. My mind caught on to the last part. A musical?

“What musical?” I asked, actually interested in what she had to say for the first time in our conversation.  She sighed and rolled her eyes as if repeating the last part was a huge inconvenience to her.

“Ugh, Morgan please listen! The musical this year is a tale of heartache and romance, a battle between good and evil, a struggle between right and-” I decided to interrupt her because she was getting on my nerves.

“Just tell me the name Chloe.” I snap. Her eyes narrow at me and she puffs her cheeks.

“Fine, don’t take a heart attack. It’s Sleeping Beauty. And I got the part Rose. The director is a complete freak but I will just have to give her my expert advice and she will come around.”

She continues to talk but once again I block her out.

A musical huh?

Ever since I was young, I had a certain love for any type of musical. For some reason with the lively music, complicated romances and a happily ever after with story makes me giddy and happy inside. Back home I had been in a few school plays. My parents thought I was going to be the next Broadway star and enrolled me in acting and singing lessons. The acting lessons had been okay but it was the singing lessons that I thrived in. My normally soft and quiet voice would suddenly transform into a high and beautiful song bird.

Although I had quit my lessons when I had a sleep attack in front of the others girls and they teased me for being a freak.

Let’s just say I like to forget the whole thing never happened.

But even though I wasn’t going to be a Broadway star myself, I still loved my musicals. I made a mental note to get some tickets.

Chloe and I enter the class together and take our seats. We are reading Jane Austen’s ‘Pride and Prejudice’ which I have to say is one of my favourite books. Our teacher orders us to pass back the book to everyone. I reach for the book that the red headed girl in front was handing to me and accidently dropped my notebook on the floor in the process.

I roll my eyes and reach down to pick it up but before my hand grasps the object, another pair of more masculine ones reach out for it before I can.

I raised my head to see a pair of shocking eyes staring back at me. The guy hands me back my notebook while I am still in a daze. He gave me a warm smile which made me look at the rest of him. He had short coal black hair that covered part of his eye and a long angular face. His nose was slightly long but he had a lovely mouth. And by lovely I mean, I want to kiss it.

“Thank you.” I breathe out shakily. He nods his head and continues to smile. He wasn’t good looking in a conventional way but the twinkle in his eye and perfect curve of his top lip combined made me want to look at him more. I stared at his lips a little longer than I should have and then the evil thought crossed my mind.

His eyes aren’t as beautiful as a pair of green ones I know.

And then my mind began to compare everything on this boy’s face to Scott’s. His cheekbones weren’t as masculine as Scott’s, his hair didn’t look as soft as Scott’s and even his eyebrows weren’t as dark and brooding as Scott’s.

What the hell is happening to me?

I mentally slapped myself and returned to reality where the boy was no giving me a weird look. I then realised that I was staring at him.

“Sorry.” I muttered, returning my attention where our teacher had begun reading the part where Mr Darcy refuses to dance with Elizabeth. I try my best to concentrate on the book but I can’t help thinking about how embarrassing I must have looked, staring at him like that while in my head I compared him to the guy I had kissed a couple of times.

When I think it’s safe enough to look at him again I peek behind me under my eyes lashes and to my horror I see him staring at me. He must think I am a total weirdo. For the rest of the lesson I keep my eyes focused on the book but I didn’t take in one word.

As soon as the bell rang I was out of the door as quickly as possible.

And just when I thought I had gotten away I heard a voice call after me.

“Hey wait!” I turned to see the boy nudging his way through the crowd and over to me. I watched with wide eyes as he approached. When he was close enough he gave me the same smile he had given back in the classroom when he had picked up my book.

“Hi. You’re Morgan right? The new girl?” He said, stopping right in front of me. I nodded my head and tried to act as cool as a cucumber.

“Yeah. And you are?” I asked, raising an eyebrow.

“I’m Ryan.” He holds out his hand for me to shake and I do. I can’t help but smile at the action. Who shakes hands anymore? His face begins to look nervous and he scratches the back of his head.

“Was there something that you wanted?” I asked. I didn’t want to sound rude but I had to be getting to my next class. He looks down at his shoe for a second before looking back up at me with his warm chocolate brown eyes.

“To be honest I just wanted to talk to you. But now that I’m here talking to you, I have nothing to say because your just too damn gorgeous.” He blurts out honestly. My mouth falls agape at his bluntness. I try desperately to think of something else to say back to him but it just comes out like a complete mess.

“Oh well um thank you.” I laugh nervously. He gives me a lop sided grin.

“You’re welcome. I’ll let you get back to class now.” He says quickly and stalks off without giving me time to say goodbye. I watch him for a while until he disappears around a corner. The way he talked, it wasn’t cocky or arrogant. He said it in an honest and slightly nervous way. I made up my mind right there and then that I was going to try and talk to the interesting boy more if I can.

I turned to the stairs and took my first step. Ever since I began going to this school, I had conquered my fear of having a sleep attack on these stairs. I can finally go down them by myself without running to the bottom as quick as I can because I think I’m about to fall asleep.

Just as I am about to take my second step I hear footsteps running towards me. A hand grabs my forearm quite tightly and to my surprise it doesn’t let go. I turn to see familiar eyes looking into mine. Scott looks at me with a surprised face, almost as surprised as mine probably looked.

“What the hell are you doing?” I hissed, glaring at the hand on my arm.

“What are you doing? Going on the stairs by yourself. What if you had a sleep attack?” He replies heatedly. I resist the urge to roll my eyes.

“I won’t. I’ve did it a billion times and besides, what has it got to do with you?” My reply is snappy but it did the trick. His green eyes seem to darken a little. Whoops, I seem to have made him angry. Good. That will teach him for calling me cute. Any other description would have been satisfactory such as pretty, charming, hell I would have even taken nice. But cute just made me sound like a little girl who had just got caught with their hand in the cookie jar.

“It’s got to do with me because you trusted me with your secret and I’m just looking out for you.” He snaps back, his mouth pushed into a grim line. I resist the urge to scream.

“I have enough people looking after me so you don’t have to bother.” I retort but all the while I’m looking at his lips and wondering if it would be possible to drag him into the nearest janitor’s closet and kiss those lips repeatedly. Instead I continue to descend the stairs. Unfortunately he follows.

“Well I’m sorry that I did bother. Next time I will remind myself not to care.” He countered, moving ahead of me on the stairs. I stop when one of his words struck me.

He cares.

Well of course he cares dummy; I thought to myself, he kissed you last night.

A smile pulls on my lips and I speed up to catch up with him. We are soon both at the bottom of the steps and even though my next class is on the other side of the school, I decide that this conversation is much more interesting than chemistry and continue with him in the opposite direction.

I see our assignment baby handing out of his book bag and that only makes my smile turn into a grin.

“So you care about me?” I concluded. He stops in his stride and turns to face me with narrowed eyes.

“Of course you would pick up that part.” He sighs. I take that as a good sign and continue teasing him.

"You care about me! Scott Williams cares about me. You care about little old me.” I sing happily. He sighs again, running a hand down his face. I can’t help but laugh loudly.

“Of course I don’t.” He argues back. My laughing immediately stops and I look at him disappointed.

“Oh, well if that’s how it is.” I reply, turning away, fully prepared to be depressed for the rest of the day. The words he had just said hurt a lot because the truth was, I cared. I cared too damn much and I knew I would be the one who would be hurt in the end.

“Wait Morgan. I didn’t mean…,” He begins from behind me. I stop walking away but I don’t turn to face him.

“Didn’t mean what?” I ask, curious as to know his answer. I could hear him shuffling around awkwardly, not knowing what to say. I knew he didn’t really like to say his emotions out loud but couldn’t he just say something?

“I didn’t mean what I said.” He finishes. I sigh quietly. I guess I couldn’t expect to get much more out of him so I decide that that’s all I need. I spin around quickly and grab the collar of his baby blue shirt quite forcefully, crashing his lips against mine. The kiss is just as amazing as the other two. He takes over immediately and traces the bottom of my lip asking for entrance which I give quickly gladly. Thankfully the halls had emptied and no one was here to witness our make out session.

Even though I didn’t want to, I pulled away from the kiss and looked into his green orbs, our foreheads resting on each other’s. How I could even compare these beautiful green eyes to Ryan’s chocolate brown ones was beyond me. There was no comparison. Scott won every time.

“I have to get to class.” I whispered.

“Me too.” He replied, his minty breath caressing my cheeks. We pull away and begin to walk in opposite direction. The grin on my face could not have been wiped off even if I wanted to. For the first time, I had kissed him. I had taken control and I had left him breathless.

At least I was in control of something in my life.

 Tori’s POV

That little skank.

She had kissed my man in my school. She had no right to just waltz right in here and have everyone fawn all over her. To be quite honest, that girl wasn’t even that pretty. Sure she had pretty hair and a nice figure but nothing else strikes me as something that Scott would want.

He was mine and nobody could take him away from me. She didn’t even deserve him.

Even my friends chose her over me. Tessa who had always been my little bitch now hung out with her and Chloe, who had looked up to me like a God now turned to her when she got something news worthy.

She had ruined everything. And I was not going to let her off easy.

There had to be something that she didn’t want anybody finding out, something that would ruin her. I turned away from the lockers I had been hiding behind and stalked down the empty hallways.

I didn’t care who I had to hurt, what I had to do or how long I would have to wait.

Morgan Peters was going to regret the day she ever set foot in California once I was done with her.

Don't forget to vote and comment! Maybe even a fan.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

51K 847 37
Alexandra Winter, a sassy, intriguing and independent 17 year old who is a little too good for her own good. She has the perfect grades and curves ye...
26.1K 626 28
🌹An 💫EVER AFTER HIGH💫 Fairytale🌹 Cover beautifully made by my cousin, @vulpenfave 😘💘 In the magical world of Ever After, a new student arrives...
35.4K 317 45
We believe in pink. We believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. We believe in kissing, kissing a lot. We believe in being strong when everyt...
3K 235 32
Ariel Morgan and another girl Mia Johnson was 2 girls from the same neighborhood, in fact they were next door neighbor's. They both have one special...