The Legend of Zelda: The Fall...

By -KatyWritesStuff-

When the three goddesses of the Triforce unintentionally grant the Princess of Hyrule the Triforce of Power... More

Prologue
I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
XXI
XXII
Epilogue

XIV

878 42 31
By -KatyWritesStuff-

A/N: sorry, this chapter is kinda bad ;((

it's been a month since I updated

w h o o p s

--

Tonight was the night of Princess Zelda's coronation. No longer did she bestow that title, though. Now, she was a queen, and the youngest queen Hyrule has had so far. At only seventeen years old, this was a huge role laid upon her back, but Zelda already knew her plans and how she wanted everything to play out.

After undressing from her coronation dress, she slipped into some comfortable and warm pajamas to wear that night for bed. Tonight was unusually chilly, so Zelda had to resort to wearing slightly thicker pajamas than she would normally wear.

She tiredly washed all the makeup off her face, taking her earrings out and removing any other jewelry she adorned on her body at the moment. Putting them all back where they belonged, Zelda looked over her shoulder and took a glance at her luxurious bed. She was so incredibly tired from the coronation and just about anything else that happened today, so she could not wait to climb under her warm blankets and rest her head on her soft and fluffy pillow.

Standing up from the stool that sat in front of her vanity, she waltzed over to her bed and sat down neatly on it. Smoothing out the creases in her thick nightgown, and then moving her hands up to her blonde strands to begin taking the fancy bun out of her hair.

For some reason, out of all the things she could think of, that bodyguard of hers flew across her once blank mind. Zelda was a bit taken aback as to why her brain began to think of Link. She did not care about him. He was merely a tool she used in this game of hers and that is all he ever would be.

Maybe he could have helped her. He was eligible enough to be her bodyguard, therefore he would have to succumb to anything she ordered. Maybe, if she had not lashed out on him and pointed out the crime he committed, he might have been able to help her with this.

After all, Zelda needed the other two pieces of the Triforce for her plan to fully go into action. At the moment, she only acquired the Triforce of Power, which was the part of the trio of golden triangles that she rightfully owned. But where were the other two pieces? Surely, they do reside in someone in this day and age.

Zelda began to curse herself for letting go of Link. He could have definitely helped her in finding the two that owned the Triforce of Courage and the Triforce of Wisdom.

She finally managed to get that fancy bun out of her hair. Standing up, Zelda walked back over to her vanity to sit all those bobby pins and other hair pins she used down on the surface. When that was done, Zelda walked back over to her bed and this time, she began to slide under the warm blankets.

Heat surrounded the covered parts of her body, protecting her from the slight rushes of cold air that slipped through the small cracks of the old castle walls. Her tired eyes blinked once, before Zelda reached over to pull the trigger on her beside lamp, turning the source of light off and allowing darkness to fill the room in an instant. But, some moonlight shone through the large and thick curtains that were draped over the big windows that led to her balcony.

Even though she could not see a thing, Zelda kept her eyes open still and stared directly above herself. If she could see, she would be staring at the large canopy that protected the top of her bed.

Heaving a small sigh, her eyelids fluttered closed, eyelashes connecting and making complete darkness cover her vision.

On a normal night, it would take Zelda about ten minutes or a bit more to fall asleep. But since she was so exhausted from today, she fell asleep in almost an instant, which was a new record for the queen of Hyrule.

Zelda found herself walking closer and closer to dreamland, escaping reality and becoming one with the realm of dreams.

All of a sudden, she blinked once and found herself staring into pristine window.

Inside, it looked like a throne room of some sort. It looked similar to that of her own throne room. A large blood red velvet rug trailed down the whole center of the room, and many guards stood along the edges of it. The walls inside were made of the same gray bricks that decorated the outside of the walls.

Zelda began to wonder where she was, but she didn't have much time to think about that. The sound of footsteps interrupted her train of thought.

A small rustle in the finely cut grass is what made Zelda turn around completely, only to come face to face with a young boy. He had golden hair and striking blue eyes, which were sharp, and he wore green clothes that reminded her of the fairies her mother talked about in those fantasy stories she had read.

"Who...who are you?" Zelda questioned, her voice at a higher pitch and sounding very childlike.

The boy didn't answer for a moment, but Zelda was overthrown with shock and slight anger. Some random boy about her age had just snuck into her courtyard - he didn't even look like he came from Castle Town. And he had a fairy accompanying him.

"How did you get in here?" Zelda asked again, hoping he would reply this time. But he did not. Was he mute? Zelda was questioning it, but that would be rude to just assume things like that.

"How did you get past the guards?" the young princess asked, suddenly becoming very astonished at how he did get in here. Nobody could usually get past those guards.

"Is...is that a fairy?" the princess stuttered out. She felt a little ashamed that she was asking so many questions towards this poor guy all at once, but she was genuinely curious as to who he was and how he got in here. Mainly, who he was.

Once again, the boy just stared at her with a shocked expression and did not say a word. It was kind of annoying the young princess, but if he did not want to speak then so be it.

Zelda glanced over her shoulder to see a burly looking man walking down the aisle of the throne room. He caught her attention, making the young princess turn her body around fully to get a better look at the man.

Peering into the glass, she looked over her shoulder once more to look at the young boy, who she assumed was from the forest. Using her hand to motion for him to stand next to her, the boy did so with some hesitation. When he stood beside her, Zelda looked back into the window.

The man was definitely a Gerudo - she could tell just that from his facial features and the style of clothing he wore. But this was all a dream to the sleeping Zelda in the real world, and this Gerudo bore a striking resemblance to the Gerudo she had met before.

Ganondorf.

The young princess' eyes widened at the sight, and fear struck her when the Gerudo man turned his head to face her and the forest boy.

Zelda ducked down, keeping her back against the walls of the castle. Thankfully, she was small and short enough to hide under the window.

She looked over at the forest boy, who was in the same position as her. The small ball of blue light flew low and tried its best not to get spotted, either.

Zelda stared at the fairy in wonder, beginning to question how a creature like this could even exist. Fairies were majestic in her eyes, delicate, even. She never thought she would be able to see one; Zelda had only dreamt of their appearance based off of the fantasy stories she and her mother read. But she didn't want to remember her mother now.

Before the young princess could open her mouth to speak to the forest boy again, the sight of a canopy greeted Zelda's eyes.

No longer was she apart of the realm of dreams, for now she had returned to the harsh reality called life.

Groggily rubbing the sleep out of her eyes, the queen of Hyrule arose from her bed and averted her blue eyes to the large, glass doors that led to her balcony. Sunlight poured through the small openings in between the lush curtains, providing a bit more light for Zelda.

A million questions began to race through her head, all at once as well. It was a bit too much for the queen, but she climbed out of her comfy bed anyway and began to pick out suitable clothing for today.

Zelda didn't have to do much today, other than learn a bit more about her new queenly duties and what she would have to do on a daily basis from this day forward. Of course, as aforementioned, she would be learning of these duties for about a week before the real tasks were laid upon her shoulders.

So, because of the lack of stuff she had to accomplish today, the young queen of Hyrule decided to research more into the Triforce. And, she decided to try and decipher what she had witnessed in her dream. Zelda had never seen that courtyard before and knew she had never lived in that life before, but everything seemed so familiar and in a strange way. As if she had lived through whatever life that was.

When she thought back to the dream, she began to try and pick out all the minor details she had noticed. Everything played out on its own, so it wasn't like Zelda could freely look around the courtyard to get a better glimpse at it.

The boy in her dream, clad in green and accompanied by a blue fairy. Zelda had never seen him before, but he bore an odd resemblance to the man she once knew as her bodyguard in this age. No, he could not be. The boy in her dream and the bodyguard in this life did not look anything alike.

The only person she could really spot out in her dream was the Gerudo man.

No, he did not bear an exact resemblance to the Gerudo names Ganondorf in this age. The Gerudo in her dream seemed to be much younger than the one in the real world.

Zelda shook her head to try and declutter her thoughts. They were beginning to be too much, and she was so utterly confused by them.

After washing up and putting on the necessary makeup and clothes she would need for today, Zelda was now sitting at her vanity and putting her jewelry on. Once she finished with this, she began to think of different ways she could style her hair today. Not like it would really matter, though. She would be cramped up in here most of the day, deciphering her dream and calculating her plan.

Finally coming to a final decision, Zelda began to tie small braids in the front of her hair. She finished that and let them flow freely in front of her, and allowing the rest of her free hair to cascade down her back and sway with her walking movements.

Standing up, the queen made her way over to her desk and sat down in the comfortable little chair that sat in front of it.

The desk was almost pristine, almost completely cleaned. But about two slivers of paper rested atop the surface of the desk.

Zelda would only be using this small area in her room to calculate her dream; trying to figure out what had happened in it and what it meant to her. Later today, when she completed her queenly lessons and was dismissed for the afternoon, she would make her way to her office and begin to sort out her plan to ruin Hyrule there.

It was not like she actually cared about her kingdom. With the Triforce of Power in her hands, she could easily overthrow this pathetic land and make it all hers. But that would be way too easy. First, she would use her Triforce's power to ruin as much of this land as she could. In whatever way the Triforce decided to do that, Zelda would be content with it.

But, if she wanted ultimate dominance, she would need the other two golden triangles that completed the Triforce.

A sickening feeling settled in her stomach when she began to wonder if she already knew the people who possessed those pieces.

Maybe...

Shaking her head, Zelda tried to recall as much as she could from her dream last night.

Heat from the outside warmed the exposed skin on her body, which reassured her that this morning was probably not as cold as the world was last night. Of course it would not be, the sun provided heat, which meant it would definitely be warmer now.

Zelda could not really put her finger on it, but she swore she saw the mark of the Triforce on her own hand during her dream. And the thing was, it was not the Triforce of Power. She only could remember a single glance at it, so she could not make out which piece she owned in that life. But, was that girl really her? Or was she just having a crazy dream that meant absolutely nothing to her?

It all confused her so much, but Zelda was definitely going to get to the bottom of this all. After all, maybe this dream could provide clues that would lead her closer to finding the other two bearers of the Triforce.

--

A/N: aha this chapter was kinda sucky but whatever. I guess you could say it's more of a...filler chapter? But it really isn't, it's still kinda relevant to the actual plot.

This was was more centered around Zelda, obviously. And we all know what scene she was dreaming of...

Sorry if I messed up something in that scene. I haven't played OoT in a while so...

Thanks for reading, though. Even though only two people actually vote on this, I still enjoy writing this and I hope I finish it soon.

Now that I think about it, I've been writing this book for about a year now...well, if you subtract the months I left Wattpad, then no it wouldn't be a year.

I need to shut up now.

-Katy

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.1K 420 16
Zelda Fraysse, is a 21 years old businesswoman who is very highly respected in her small hometown, but in the bigger cities, nobody recognizes her na...
770 75 20
The Gerudo race; humiliated by the Hylians prior to the end of the great Unification War, their King embarks on a journey to Hyrule to once again swe...
1.2K 61 15
It has been five years since the defeat of Calamity Ganon. As Hyrule and its inhabitants strive to rebuild from the ruins of their despoiled homeland...
43.2K 1.5K 62
When Zelda is forced to marry a tyrant that would bring her country to ruin, she lashes out at her new husband. The new King plots against her so he...