Long Live... [Editing Plot, e...

By chillpenguin98

High School. Junior. Has a senior brother who is captain of the Varsity football team. Amanda Greene lived a... More

Long Live...
Long Live...Chapter 2
Long Live...Chapter 3
Long Live...Chapter 4
Long Live...Chapter 5
Long Live...Chapter 6
Long Live...Chapter 7
Long Live...Chapter 8
Long Live...Chapter 9
Long Live...Chapter 10
Long Live...Chapter 11
Long Live...Chapter 12
Long Live...Chapter 13
Long Live...Chapter 14
Long Live...Chapter 15
Long Live...Chapter 16
Long Live...Chapter 17
Long Live...Chapter 18
Long Live...Chapter 19
Long Live...Chapter 20
Long Live..Chapter 21
Long Live...Chapter 23
Long Live...Chapter 24
Long Live...Chapter 25
Long Live...Chapter 26
Long Live..Chapter 27
Long Live...Chapter 28
Long Live...Chapter 29
Long Live...Chapter 30
Long Live...Chapter 31
Long Live...Chapter 32
Long Live...Chapter 33
Long Live...Chapter 34
Long Live...Chapter 35
Long Live...Epilogue

Long Live...Chapter 22

3K 27 6
By chillpenguin98

Authors note: I have been editing my own work and trying to fix all the typos and what-not. Anyways, I hope you enjoy this chapter and remember to vote/comment/ and fan if you love any of my chapters or the story. Let me know what you guys think!

“You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.”

― Mae West

I parked in my assigned parking space. Still no sign of Tori.

It was such a beautiful day, not a cloud in sight. I wish every Monday started out this way because it was the best way to start off the weekend.

Since the day was different than the other previous days, I decided to get out of my car and walk towards the school, which I haven't done in a while since it's been cold.

I made sure I had my bag and my keys, and locked my car. I walked straight ahead, of course taking precaution and looking both ways, that sort of stuff. I unconsciously walked past James's car, and I didn't even know if he was in there. I didn't necessarily walk past his car, just a few parking spaces down, but it was enough to see his car. I finally stepped on the grass that started before I even reached the school.

I wondered how it would be like today. Knowing James's secret was hard to sink in. It was unbelievable. What was hard was believing it. I knew for sure that he is immortal, but just thinking of how "normal" he seemed compared to the gorgeous immortal guy standing before me didn't make sense. It just didn't click in my head. Would he even want to talk to me? Or would he just move on and avoid the awkward silences? What happened that night was incredible yet unreadable. He pressed his forehead onto mine. I remembered how his breath lingered on my lips, and how he told me he knows what he wants.

I snapped out of the flashback and I realized I was still walking. A couple of my friends waved at me, and of course I greeted them back. Gosh, I hope I didn't "ignore" my friends when they passed by me during my flashback. I don’t need enemies.

I wasn't sure how to act when I encountered him. My heart started to pump a more upbeat rhythm, which kept going until I walked into fourth period.

Just breathe, Amanda, just act normal and casual like you always do. I thought. I pushed the door open, swallowing in the process. My eyes acted like waves as I looked around the classroom. Mr. Darrow was on the computer, looking bored as his eyes scanned at different places. Tori was sitting down in the chair next to mine. She smiled as she caught my glimpse. I then trailed to the back. He was there. His eyes were on the book, but once I had my eyes on him, his eyes rolled up to mine. It was eerie the way his fixed his eyes. His amber eyes scanned me over as I walked over to my seat. His face was unreadable because it was composed so naturally. He didn't seem angry or happy.

Oh boy, here we go.

I sat down and grinned weakly at Tori as she eyes James.

"So, what's up?" she asked as her eyes fixed on me.

"Nothing, why do you ask?" I said quietly, not trusting my voice.

"Mmm, I dunno. Maybe because I saw that look when you were looking at James." She whispered. My face turned red.

"Can you please keep that question until later?" I forced. She raised her hands.

"Okay! Sheesh. Anyways, are you going to the festival over at Oak beach this Wednesday?" she asked. Oh shoot! The festival. At Oak Beach, every year, they would set up games, food, dances, and many other social activities, which was so much fun. Brandon would take me along with his friends and some of mine. It was a fun time, especially at the beach! There was also a bridge from Maine to a small delta that was just a few feet away.

"Oh, I'm not sure, I totally forgot. Are you?" I asked, hoping she could come. She huffed out a sigh.

"No, I'm sorry. You know how we get out of school Wednesday? Well my parents thought it would be a great idea to go to New York and visit my aunt and uncle." She rolled her eyes. Tori hated New York...well, at least the city where her relatives live. My father lives in New York, but I actually liked it there. He lived near where all the tall buildings like the Empire State Building were located. He lived about 20 minutes away from there, maybe even more due to all the buses and bad New York drivers. Although I wouldn’t go out at night where Tori's relatives live in.

"Oh, well its fine, and you should have fun. It's New York." I stated.

"I guess." She sighed, defeated.

"I'm sad you won't be making it but look on the bright side! When you go to New York, you can bring me a teddy bear that has a N.Y. shirt." Tori chuckled.

"Don't forget the Statue of Liberty outfit." She cooed. I smiled.

"Oh yeah." I agreed.

Class started just after our conversation ended. My heart started to beat louder, just knowing that James was in the same exact room as I am. We had a substitute, a man around the age fifty with silver hair and eyeglasses. He had informed us that he would be our substitute tomorrow and his name was Mr. Wiat.

"Okay, please be silent while I take roll..." He cleared his throat and the looked intently at the papers he held with shaky hands.

"Coby Aden?"

"Here." I waited to hear James's voice once his name was called up. Just hearing his voice was the best.

"Umm, James Ashe."  Mr. Wiat asked, his voice growing shakier by the minute.

"Here." It was audible for me to hear, his voice full of confidence and edge. My insides turned.

"Telia Bardon?"

"Here." It went on with the monotone voice coming from everyone.

"Amanda Greene?" His weary eyes searched for an "Amanda Greene."

Oh...that's me.

"Here!" I said, snapping out of whatever the heck I was in. He nodded once he spotted me. He looked back at the paper, and then back to me.

"Are you Brandon Greene's sister?" He asked. Oh here we go. Another fabulous interview by a man who looks up to Brandon’s “skills.”

"Guilty." I replied. A few of the football players in the classroom and some of the other guy athletes whistled in encouragement. I nodded, acknowledging the commotion.

"Oh, I saw him play last Friday...he's very good." I didn't reply because I didn't see him play. The game day brought my mind to one word.

 James.

My mind flickered back to James. I was with him while Brandon played. I know he's good, but I didn't want to lie, even though knew the truth. I responded in a nod, which did the man good.

"Okay, Fia...Fia...Fi.."

"Fiaciella." The “new” Italian girl responded hatefully. Mr., Wiat nodded, but didn't even bother with the name since it was Italian and the "ci" part made a "shh" sound. It was complicated but definitely a nice name. I rarely talked to her though.

After Mr. Wiat took attendance, he gave us a few pages which consisted of review for our upcoming test next week. Again with every substitute, students go off into different seats. A whole fiasco of seats scratching the floor and papers crumbling took in play after Mr. Wiat passed out the papers. I wasn't sure if I should stay or have the guts to sit next to James. Again, would it be awkward?

Oh pull it together, Amanda!

I sighed, finally making my decision. I discreetly turned my head to Tori who turned pale...not really. But she looked like she could any minute. Her eyes darted at someone...someone behind me. I turned my head and found James. Oh my God, beautiful angel standing before me. Alert! He gazed down his heart throbbing eyes, looking at me with such power, it was wonderful.

"Mind if I sit next to you?" He gestured the seat next to me.

"Umm...no, no! Not at all." I stuttered. I mentally slapped myself, that was so hot. Not exactly. He nodded and sat down next to me. I breathed in his mouthwatering aroma which tickled my nose.

He wore a dark blue button up shirt, which showed just a bit of his built chest. Look away Greene.

It was a nice and warm day so it complimented him, and the weather, apparently.

I didn't know how to start. What do I ask another of my random 20 questions?

"How was your trip?" he asked casually, not showing any suspicion of Saturday night.

"Oh, it was fun, I guess." I said with such a plain voice. That question sent me chills through my spine because he knew the exact answer to that.

"You guess?" he questioned as he arched his eyebrow. God that never got old.

"Well, it wasn't as fun as I'd imagined. But there was this one thing that happened at night...it was probably the animals." I shook my head incredulously. He obviously hinted at my voice and the obvious. He smiled calmly.

"Oh yeah, and what was that?" He pushed. I gave him an are-you-serious look. Did he want the whole world to know who he was?

"Hmm, I found out some guy's dirty little secret.." he chuckled darkly.

"Sounds like someone I know." I rolled my eyes playfully. What could I possibly say? Yeah of course you know him, you are him!

"Shut up." I muttered. He continued his chuckle which soothed my ears. I looked down and looked at the problems, which were multiple choice questions. He noticed that I started my work, so he started his. I would occasionally look over to him and watch him write on the sheet, scanning the paper thoroughly. Man, I wished that sheet was me. I shook that thought off of my mind and looked back down at my page. As I progressed, the questions seemed to get more challenging.

"Umm James," I asked unsure, "What did you get for number thirty one?" I asked. I watched him as he flipped his page back and scanned for 31. How in the world did he get to 31 when I started first?

"Oh, I answered A." He confirmed. I nodded but it didn't reach my eyes.

"How in the world did you get so ahead of me when I started first?" I asked in awe. He smiled as he watched the expression on my face.

"I don't know, maybe I'm faster than you."Deja vu, I thought. I grinned, remembering the last time he said that, the day I thought he was a normal human.

"I'll give you credit, you are faster than me." I nodded honestly, not denying his super strength and supernatural powers.

He smiled triumphantly then winked at me, which made me want to scream. It was so easy and it looked just so good on him.

"Get back to work Ashe, I'm stealing your answers from now on." I turned my head, blocking him from my view as I tried to concentrate on my work. Tried. Tried very much. But I couldn't get that winking face of his off my mind.

I kept working, moving my head back to the way it was, facing James. I would move my eyes to his and he would meet mine at the same time. He would grin easily and I would do the same to him, my grin a bit playful than needed. I pulled my eyes back to the paper and continued to work on it until the bell rang. I honestly have no idea how James could do that to me. It seems that every guy that passes by isn't nearly as close as amazing as James is.

Once I was done packing, James had waited for me, standing near the door, grinning as his friends and other girls waved at him. I walked to the door and continued walking, just to make sure he was waiting for me. I almost made it out through the door, until he stopped me.

"Aren't you going to walk with me?" he asked, a wicked smiled on his face. It was a good thing everyone was out of class, that way we wouldn't hold up anyone.

"Well if you wanted to walk with me, you could have just asked." I continued my walk, as I took easy and slow steps to give him a chance to catch up. Once he did he looked down at me, I felt it.

"I haven't told anyone, James. So you could stop looking at me like I owe you anything." I said casually.  He chuckled, but it didn't sound like he meant it.

"I know. I trust you." He nodded as he kept his head straight, looking ahead.

"You trust me?" He nodded again, not meeting my eyes, "I only said, ‘I promise, I'll keep your secret.’ what makes you think that I will truly keep it?" I pushed further. Of course I was going to keep it, unless I wanted to die or something. He chuckled darkly which sent he chills through my spine.

"Well the only option you have is to keep it. We're both playing this game so if you do say something, then one of us has to lose, am I right?" I held my breath, whoa, that just sounded a bit menacing.

"Are you threatening me?" I asked trying to compose my voice but it ended up sounding like I was joking.

"I wouldn't necessarily classify that as a threat." He pondered on the idea. I didn't want to talk about this anymore; he was scaring me even though it was hard to with his smile.

"So how is it like to know? Knowing I'm not the same person." He asked quietly as we passed through a crowd of students. I thought about it. Well, I didn't really see him different in any way, except the obvious which was his immortality. I mean as a human, a fragile and innocent human, you would be fascinated by this, right?

"Hmm, well I don't see you differently, aside from the obvious." I paused.

"Maybe it's just not a big deal to me, you know, who you are out there." I pushed my hands into my sweater's pockets and fidgeted with the fabric. He seemed to think of my answer. We were getting closer to my classroom; he should really make up his mind and talk to me.

"So I'm still the same to you? No changes?" He asked, looking into my eyes. I guess he was trying to find some kind of lie in there.

"No changes." I confirmed. I couldn't think of him differently even though it was evident that he was an immortal. We stopped next to the door, to avoid blocking the path towards the door.

"So, I'll see you tomorrow?" I asked, hoping I would. He smiled as he hinted at my voice. Crap!

"You will." He winked once more and started walking into the other hallway. I have to get inside the classroom before I follow him and lose my mind. My sane and innocent mind.

I walked inside the classroom with only seconds to spare. Once I sat down in my seat, which was located in the back of the room, the bell rang. Close call. The majority of all the classrooms on campus used single chaired tables attached with the small table. My teacher didn't lecture today; she had us read a story in our textbook. I flipped through the pages to get to the story. It was a short story based on fantasy which was combined with poetic structures.

After sixth period, I walked to my car, which was a short walk considering the lockers were on the left side of the school. Coach Stella had us play tennis for fun since it was a beautiful day for playing. I went against a few of my friends, which included Tori and I beat her again. I wasn't the best player of the team, but many believed that I was. I did try my best as always, no doubt. Tori made witty comments like "don't hit me on my face again." For the fun of it, I was aiming for her face and by the end of the day, she wasn't playing, but covering her face with her purple racket.

As I walked on the bricked ground, avoiding stepping on the grass, I felt my pocket jump in place. It was my phone.

"Yes?" It was Brandon. I continued to walk, taking the longer way instead of crossing straight into the parking lot since I didn't trust myself with the phone and crossing the street.

"Hey, so I've been told that on Wednesday, I'm going to a football tournament in West Pointe, so I won't be home. Even if we win or lose Tuesday's game, we still have to go for a rematch." I sighed.

"So you aren't going to the festival on Wednesday?" I asked, hoping he would say that he could go. I stopped and sat on the brick wall, which wasn't really a wall more like a border for the plants.

"I'm sorry Amanda, I can't. I have to be there the whole day and I won't be coming back until...wait what time....Oh, until nine." Really? I nodded, but I knew I wanted to go even though I didn't understand.

"Okay."

"Yeah I know you wanted to go but things change. So I'll see you soon, gotta head into the gym."

"Alright, see ya." Did people really have plans! This didn’t make me feel special or social at all.

"BYE AMANDA!" It wasn't Brandon, but a whole crowd of football players. I rolled my eyes playfully, oh these guys are gonna get it.

"Amanda please give me one second,” He said with such a sweet and compressed voice, “Would you guys step back for a moment! Damn! It's a good thing I don't have her on speaker... Dude, get out of here!" Brandon yelled at them.  I heard rustles of laughter and noises coming from all the echoes.

"Anyways, watch where you drive, lock the doors, blah blah blah." I chuckled.

"You got it boss," I giggled which turned out to be more of a chuckle. "Bye."

"'Kay, bye." I hung up the phone and instead of being upset, which I still was, I just grinned. Being optimistic for me was easier, it made my life run smoother and I hardly ever thought of anything negative. Yet, I really wanted to go. Tori skipped over to me, and I knew it was her because she sang while she did. She had a nice voice but she sang horribly just for the fun of it.

"Hey convict! Way to pose battery out in the courts!" She said as she patted her purple racket. I started laughing at her, she was too easy to get.

"Hey you did defend yourself!" I pointed out. She did have her racket.

"Oh c'mon, I have a bruise on my leg and you're lucky I haven't hit you with my racket by now. That’s only 'cause I love you." She smirked before giving me a "kissy" face. As she started to walk closer, I tucked my cellphone in my pocket. I guess I can wait next year for the festival.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Hoped you liked it the ending of the chapter is foreshadowing something, you’ll just have to keep reading to find out what I have planned. Anyways, if you loved it please vote and comment. If you’d like to ask any questions then please fan me!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.5M 179K 55
⭐️ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏꜱᴛ ʀᴇᴀᴅ ꜱᴛᴀʀ ᴡᴀʀꜱ ꜰᴀɴꜰɪᴄᴛɪᴏɴ ᴏɴ ᴡᴀᴛᴛᴘᴀᴅ ⭐️ ʜɪɢʜᴇꜱᴛ ʀᴀɴᴋɪɴɢꜱ ꜱᴏ ꜰᴀʀ: #1 ɪɴ ꜱᴛᴀʀ ᴡᴀʀꜱ (2017) #1 ɪɴ ᴋʏʟᴏ (2021) #1 IN KYLOREN (2015-2022) #13...
89.7M 2.8M 134
He was so close, his breath hit my lips. His eyes darted from my eyes to my lips. I stared intently, awaiting his next move. His lips fell near my ea...
862K 45.6K 32
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Jungkook's ) daughter Mishel...