My Alpha

By redtulips1201

Kaila Hataway is a book worm, who trys to keep to herself. Reading has always been her escape, ever since the... More

Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9 (Part 1)
Chapter 9 Part 2
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19

Chapter 1

830K 5.2K 377
By redtulips1201

I gulped as I looked up at the intimidating size of my new school. Through my lenses, I could see that there were three buildings all connected with outside walkways, and a courtyard in the middle that was filled with students hanging out in their cliques. I saw the nerds, jocks, skaters, potheads-and pretty much any stereotype you could fit into a high school- circled in distinct small huddles. My eyes rested on the few lone people sitting against the wall and sighed. That's where I was going to be in a couple of hours.

Facing the facts I knew that I most likely wasn't going to make friends before the end of the year. I looked down at my clothes- they didn't help my social life either. My faded blue jeans and light gray sweater weren't exactly 'trendy'.  The thick glasses that covered most of my lightly freckled face- thanks to my laziness this morning to put in my contacts- and my stormy grey eyes were hidden under a mess of long raven-black hair didn't add to my case. I was just the new girl, and nobody would care in a school this big.

Sighing again i made my way to what I assumed was the front office. Opening the door, I came up to the secretary's desk and stopped behind a girl with bright red hair. The flowing, frizzy locks were all that was in my line of sight. I shifted my gaze around the room and tried not to eavesdrop on their conversation.

 "Miss. Melody, please just switch my classes back! He has no right to just waltz in here and screw up my perfect schedule, just so we can share classes! Just because he's my mate and your beta doesn't mean we should sit back and let the oaf walk all over us! We should stand up tall against their dominating nature and fight with all of our feminine power. Please, Miss. Melody? Woman to woman, can you help me?" I heard an exasperated sigh as the secretary replied, "I'm sorry Eva, you know my hands are tied. Even if he wasn't my bet- oh! hello there!" I felt my checks warm up as the women turned to face me. The girl- Eva- looked slightly pale. In a flash she was shaking me like a doll.

 "Oh god, you're human aren't you? Shit, you didn't hear any of that, did you? Please tell me you didn't! Ah shit, Will is going to kill me. Jonathan is too when he finds out." 

 "N-no." I stuttered out,  a little scared of the crazed look in her eye. Her coloring returned as I heard the door open and suddenly she was off of me and in a man's arms. The man wrapped his arms around her waist and leaned down to kiss her below her ear before whispering into it. I felt jealousy swirl in me, not of the man nor woman- but of what they shared. 

They obviously were in love, and I evied their connection. No man has ever looked at me the way this man was gazing at Eve- like he would take a bullet for her in an instant. Whatever he said must've angered her cause she lightly elbowed him and stepped out of his embrace. When he reached out to take her back she glared at him until he stopped moving.  

 "It's not my fault I was suddenly found too stupid by my teachers to stay in my AP classes, which strangely occurred around the time of our mati- er, relationship. You know I want to go to med school and they won't let me in unless I'm exceptionally smart. I have to do this Will." I hesitantly stepped around them to reach the front office lady when Eve squealed and grabbed my hand.  

 "Will, this is- I'm so sorry, I never caught your name!" Will smiled at her.  

 "That's because you talk too much babe, the poor thing probably never got a thought in." He teased her.  

"I'm Kaila."  

 "Nice to meet you Kaila, I'm Eve and this doofas right here is my boyfriend, Will. Now hurry up and get your schedule so I can show you around school and see how many classes we have together." I was shocked at her boldness, but quickly did as she asked, not wanting to lose a potential friend. Walking out of the front office Eve and Will were having a hushed conversation, I only could make out a few words.  

 " You sure....do this?.... Human... Jonathan....not happy."  

 "Trust me....feeling... this one." This was beginning to be confusing. Eve turned back around to me and smiled, and I gave her a timid one back.  

 "Your locker is ten down from mine, and we nearly have all classes together since I switched mine back. You studying to be a lawyer, doctor, or president?" I saw Will scowl at the mention of the switch back, but I tried to answer without stuttering.  

 "I haven't decided yet, but being a lawyer is my main career focus. My dad was one so I guess you could say it runs in the family." I shrugged, hating having to talk about my past. She stopped suddenly and put her hand on my arm.  

"Was?" She asked softly. I bit my lip and held back the tears, the wound was still fresh.  

 "Yeah, uh- he died last year." I looked away from her, afraid to see her face. They were always the same. Pity and sorrow were two looks I had seen enough of. That's one reason why my mom and I moved.

 "Hey, I'm not going to pity you. I will say I'm sorry for your loss because I am. I know how it feels losing a parent, and I know how much it sucks seeing the looks of people who don't understand." Suddenly, I was in her embrace as she hugged me tightly,

 "You are not alone, Kaila. You have me now, you can talk to me anytime you need to." I nodded and realized she couldn't see me.  

"Thanks, Eve. That means alot to me." As soon as we parted Will flung an arm around her shoulders.  

 "So here is your locker, and your first period is right there. Sadly, I have a medical class first, but no worries, this is the only class we have apart. Suffer through this than you'll get to suffer through my ass the rest of the day. I'll be waiting outside your room. "    

The bell rung, and she and Will hurried off and I felt the despair return. Here I was, alone in this huge school. I took a deep breath and made my way to the door. Walking in, I heard all the conversation in the room stop and felt twenty pairs of eyes staring at me. I felt my face heat up and made my way to an empty desk. Sitting down, the conversation picked back up and I groaned as I realized it now centered on me.  

 "For a human, she's really pretty." I heard some girls whispering, and that surprised me for two reasons. First, obviously because of the word choice of human. Secondly because at my old school the girls were bitches and wouldn't be so nice to the new girl. Though this alleviated some of the stress I felt about being picked on and such,  

"When he gets back from the meeting he's going to be pissed she's in his spot." Shit, should I move? Or stay here? I sat straight up and faced forward, not acknowledging the fact that I heard them till I felt a tap on my shoulder, which made me jump.  

"Hi there, I'm Noah."  

"Hi, I'm Kaila."

 "Nice to meet you." He gave me a smile, "Look, I don't know you and you don't know me but I like you so far so I'm going to help you out. This seat right here is reserved for our -uh- friend, Jonathan. He's very territorial, even over small things. I know, weird right? Anyways, he's going to be back sometime soon and I really don't want you to get hurt so why don't you just move next to me?" I gave him a look. This Jonathan person sounded like an asshole.

"Well you can just tell this Jonathan person-."

"Tell me what?" Oh. My. God. That voice was pure sex, and did things to me I never knew a voice could do. I shivered, and ever so slowly turned around to lock eyes with what could only be described as the sex god to go along with his voice. He had to be two feet taller than me, though it was hard to tell because I was sitting down, and made of all muscle. His arms and legs were ripped and his shirt stretched to where I knew it was hiding at least an eight pack. And his face, god don't get me started on his face, was one that you could fall in love with just by looking at him. Or maybe falling in lust.

One of the two was happening to me, I just didn't know which one. I stared into his whirling blue eyes and felt myself reaching out two him with my soul. I shook my head. What the hell was I thinking?

   "To tell you to take your territorial possessiveness and shove it up your ass." I slapped a hand over my mouth. What did I just say? I heard a collective gasp behind me and I knew that I was in for it now. I had no idea what made me say that! There was just something about his smirk that made me want to slap it off his face.

I felt Noah place a protective hand on my arm and watched Jonathan's beautiful face transform to a dark storm. I watched his chest rumble and what I could only pinpoint as a growl erupted from him and I started to shake. What the hell was that?  

 "Noah, hands off of her." Immediately Noah's hand was gone, and I looked confused at the both of them. This was strange, wasn't it? Or is this normal behavior? I watched as Jonathan reached out and stroked my cheek and tried not lean into his touch as tempting as it was.  

 "Its ok, she can have this seat." I heard another collective gasp and I had the feeling that they weren't used to seeing this male god give up to a small, frail looking girl. Jonathan moved and sat behind me and throughout all first period I could feel his intense stare. I shifted around in my seat, why did his gaze feel so right to me?

As soon as the bell sounded I was up and out of my seat looking around wildly for Eve. An arm looped through mine and I was whirled away down the hall and set into a new classroom.   The rest of my day was uneventful, with Jonathan's stares reoccurring throughout the day, with him being in most of my classes. He never talked to me, only stared at me all day. Oddly, I never found his stares to be creepy. His gaze, I found, was welcomed, and comforted me throughout the day.

My first-day jitters were calmed and I felt protected. My only complaint was that I didn't get to hear his honey-smooth husky voice for the rest of the day. Every time I felt his eyes on me I had to fight the urge to run up into his arms and beg for him to kiss me senseless. I had no idea why he was making me feel this way but I loved every moment of it. Even if it did make me feel sort of like a stalker. I convinced myself I was well justified because if he hadn't been staring at me all day, I wouldn't feel this way!  

 The last bell sounded and I ran outside, eager to get away from his penetrating gaze. I didn't know if I could stand feeling his eyes on me and not acting.  I took off into the woods, using the shortcut I used getting to school to go back, and listened as the shouts of school faded away.   The woods were hands-down my favorite place to be. I still escape to the mossy covered canopies whenever the crushing sorrow and guilt from my father's death haunts me. It was just so peaceful being surrounded by tall trees that would always be there. Making my way though the trails I softly ran my hand over the rough bark.  

 *SNAP*

  I froze, not knowing whether to run towards my backyard which I could see just beyond the trees or turn and see what made the loud noise. Curiosity got the better of me as I turned and peeked over the bushes. All of a sudden a vise-like hand grabbed my throat, making me struggle for a breath. My eyes were popping out of my skull as I tried and pry my attacker off of me.

 Why, oh why, was I always so curious! I kept gasping for air as I studied my attacker.   He had wind-blown shining red hair, and startling crystal blue eyes. They narrowed at me as he studied my oxygen-deprived face. He released me from his hold and I went down coughing from the treatment. I looked up wildly to try and back away from my attacker, but only to find the woods cleared of people except for me. Gasping, I made my way home, and stumbled in through the door.

I screamed bloody murder as arms wrapped tenderly around my waist, but stopped when a soft kiss was placed on my temple.

  "Shh, It's okay, everythings all right."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.1K 432 35
Death is a part of life, it all comes to us at some point. werewolves are hidden in society, only hunters know about it. Hunters who enjoy trying to...
198K 6K 59
Crystal Adams had a teenage crush on Kyle Jensen. It turned to love the day she realized he was her mate. But before she could tell him, she discover...
81.5K 3.8K 30
Eighteen-year-old Kailee Wolf is done. With her family dead by the hands of vampires, becoming a rogue overnight, and losing her pack, she's running...