Frozen in Time (Haku)

By Starlestiale

Alyssis (AH-LIH-SEES) Catherine Lake is the daughter of a rich widower and inventor. One night, while feeling... More

Chapter 1- Loneliness
Chapter 2 - Kaneki?
Chapter 3- Paging Ciel Jr.
Chapter 4-Shakespeare and Crystals
Chapter 5- Young Master
Chapter 6- One Hell of a Sister
Chapter 7- Anne Knows Best
Chapter 8- Do You Wanna Learn a Jutsu?
Anne Knows Best
Chapter 9- Chicken Butt
Chapter 10- Alyssis Can't Be This Cute!
Anne Knows Best
Author's Note
Chapter 11- Ice Ice Baby
Chapter 12- Kitsune
Author's note
Chapter 13- Let's Fight
Chapter 14: Stars
Chapter 15: Release of the Ice
Chapter 16: Memories and Kidnappings
Chapter 17: Anne Sings
Chapter 18: Alone Again
Chapter 19: Ice Angel
Anne Knows Best
Chapter 20- I wonder If They Knew
Chapter 21: Unraveled Secrets
Chapter 22- The Uchihas
Chapter 23- Protect Her
Chapter 24- Frozen Sand
Chapter 25- Only One Bed
Chapter 26: They're What?!
Anne Knows Best
Chapter 27: Sakura-Chan
Chapter 28: Let the Exams Begin
Chapter 29- Forest of Realization (Part 1)
Chapter 29- Forest of Realization (Part 2)
Chapter 29: Forest of Realization (Part 3)
Chapter 29: Forest of Realization (Part 4)
Chapter 30: The Realization
Chapter 31: Sleep
Chapter 32: Oh My Fox! (part 1)
Chapter 33: Oh My Fox (part 2)
Chapter 34- Origins
Sasuke Knows Best
Author's Note
Chapter 35- The Journal
Chapter 36- Scroll (part 1)
Author's Note
Chapter 37- Captured Both Ways
Ship Names
ship names
Chapter 38- Plans
Important Notice
Sighhhh
Chapter 39: Anne in Love? Ummmm
Chapter 40
Author's Note
Chapter 41 (part 1): The Beginning of the End
Chapter 41 (part 2): The Beginning of the End
Anne Knows Best
Chapter 42: The Truth Comes Out
Chapter 43: I Love Him/Her
Chapter 44- Loneliness Again {END}
Thank You!
Merry Christmas
Heaven's Snowflake
The Planning
Help

Chapter 41 (part 3): The Beginning of the End

218 15 0
By Starlestiale

MAYUKI

It was horrible. It was so horrible. The visions were horrible, and I knew it was from the past. This person was a monster.

Flashes of the Hikari's past danced across my eyes. The first one was with her speaking with Orochimaru and him telling her to capture me instead of my mother. She bowed to him and answered to him as Lord Orochimaru. The other was of her slipping poison in a boy's IV tube at the hospital while he was asleep. I assume that it was her teammate, because by his bed side, there was a picture with her, him, Hikaru and my mother. The other vision was with her putting on a mask and then attacking me in the forest of death. Finally, the last one that made my blood boil and my soul cold as ice was of her killing one ninja, and severely hurting another one, and what made it worse was that the one who she injured was the purple haired ninja who helped me in the forest of death.

My eyes snapped open, and the only thing that I could think about was how could she. "HOW COULD YOU?" I screamed as I lunged at her. I tackled her to the floor and began beating the day lights out of her. "You monster!" I screamed as I continued to beat her. I lifted her by her collar and punched her across the room. She hit the wall right where I had hit and made a crater twice the size of mine.

I slowly walked over to her. "How could you give your own sensei away to a snake like Orochimaru? How could you poison your own teammate? How could you kill another ninja for your own personal gain? How could you?" I did a few hand signs and a wall of ice separated me from the crowd. I know that they are going to try to stop me.

"Stop the match!" came a voice.

"No!" I said. I walked closer to her and held my hand out. She winced in pain. I now had a lock on the moisture in her body. "She must pay."

"Mayuki, stop!" said my mother, but what did she know?

"Those who abandon their mission is scum, but those who abandon their comrades are worse than scum," I said. I began to close my hand which began to freeze all of the liquid in her body.

Hikari began to cry out in pain. Leaf jonin began to jump down and pound on the ice.

"Mayuki stop!" they all screamed. The more they screamed, the more I closed my hand. Well, that was until I heard the one voice that I swore I won't hear again.

"Alyssis Catherine Lake, you stop it right now!"

*****************************************

ANNE

When the light from the machine died down, we were standing in front of a huge red wall with the huge gold kanji written on it.

"The Village Hidden in the Leaf," said Nate in awe. "Thomas, you are a genius."

"Anne," said Thomas as he turned around, but stopped short with his mouth fully agape.

"Thomas, what... whoa," said Nate as he too stared at me with his mouth opened.

"What happened?" I asked. I was getting scared.

Nate took out a mirror from his pocket and I rolled my eyes. Of course, he would have a mirror. He then gave it to me, but before he let go of it he said, "Don't freak out, okay."

Opening the mirror with shaking hands, I dreaded what was going to be reflected at me. When I saw my reflection, I gasped in shock. I was staring not at an Anne with black hair and dark blue eyes, but one with snowy white hair and my original eye color which was light blue. My skin was pale, almost like a ghostly color. My mind then wondered to the journal I had read a few weeks ago; I was still not sure whether it was a hoax or not. However, I was sure fitting the description of the child from one of the entries.

"Anne, did you think about something while we were coming here?" asked Thomas.

"No," I replied, "And it wouldn't be about me looking like a sheet."

"Never mind that," said Thomas. "We have to find Alyssis and Avacci."

"And how are we supposed to know where she is? How are we sure that she would be in the Leaf village?" I asked.

"Well, this seemed like the best place to look." Said Thomas as he started to walk to the gate. "And Anne, don't get carried away. Let me do the talking."

We walked through the gate, and as expected, we were stopped by two guards, Izumo and Kotetsu.

"Good day," said Thomas.

"State your business here," Said Izumo as he folded his arms.

"We are here..."

Just then, a flyer caught my eye. It was for the chunnin exams.

"For the chuunin exams," I interjected.

"Where are your passports?" he asked.

"We are poor people from the land of waves, we couldn't afford to pay for passports. We came here to support my daughter in the exams," I said.

"You don't look poor," said Izumo as he scrutinized us.

"We borrowed these clothes from a close friend of ours. They have a little more money than us," said Nate as he pushed me aside. "can you please find it in the goodness of your hearts to please let us see our daughter fight?" He then drew me closer to him by my waist and place a soft kiss on my forehead. "She has worked night and day on missions to help us with our financial struggles. The least we can do to repay her is to watch her fight."

"I guess you can go, but allow me to escort you," said Izumo.

While walking through the village, there was not a soul in sight. I guess that everyone went to the chunnin exams.

"Excuse me, but what are your names?" asked Izumo as he walked ahead of us.

"My name is Ryo Yuto," said Thomas with a snide grin on his face. I pinched him on his side, making him jump.

"My name is Minami Nakamura," I said.

"Ah, so your daughter is Hikari Nakamura then?" he asked. My heart beat quickened. Then I had realized where I had gotten the name from... the journal.

"Y... yes," I said the mentally slapped myself for stammering.

"Oh, she is fighting first, but you might catch some of her fight," he said. "She is fighting Mayuki Tategami, the daughter of the famous Yukine X. You should be proud of her if she holds her own."

Where have I heard that name from? Mayuki Tategami.

"It's awfully silent for a ninja match huh?" asked Nate.

"They must be in suspense," said Izumo.

When we got into the arena, it was packed. Izumo explained that I was the mother of the opponent and that we needed to get to the front. While maneuvering through the people, there was a sudden chill. My whole body shivered with the chill, then suddenly it stopped and it got warm again.

Suddenly, a loud scream ripped through the air. "HOW COULD YOU?"

I ran up to the front, pushing people out of the way and losing Thomas, Nate and Izumo in the process. I got there just in time to see a girl with white hair be punched into a wall. She hit the wall so hard that there was a huge crater left. Slowly, her body peeled away from the wall and dropped to the floor. Her opponent walked up to her while talking. Her opponent was another girl and had a long white fox tail, and white fox ears. She also had very long white hair. ""How could you give your own sensei away to a snake mike Orochimaru? How could you poison your own teammate? How could you kill another ninja for your own personal gain? How could you?"

The girl who got punched just sat there with her eyes wide.

The fox girl then did a few hand signs, and a sheet of ice appeared, separating them from the outside world. She then held her hand out and a cry of pain erupted from the other girl. I was still wracking my brain. All of this seemed too familiar.

"Stop the match!" said someone.

"Mayuki stop!" said another person. Soon enough multiple people were screaming for Mayuki to stop and others were jumping down and banging on the barrier. I held my head. Where? Where? Where had I heard that name? Then it hit me like a ton of bricks. I opened my mouth and a tear streamed down my cheek as I shouted, "Alyssis Catherine Lake, you stop it right now!"

The girl stiffened and her hand dropped to her side. The tail and ears disappeared, and the once snow-white hair turned into a shade of navy that I will recognize from a mile away.

"Alyssis, let the girl go," I commanded. Immediately, the sheet of ice disappeared into a shower of sparkles. As soon as the barrier was destroyed, the girl who I was certain was Alyssis now was apprehended by two ninja. Mayuki Tategami, the girl from the pink book.

"Anne," said a voice, breaking me out of my trance. "I... is that really her?"

I turned around and saw Thomas with tears streaming from his eyes.

"Yes," I said as tears streamed down my face.

A shocked gasp forced me to turn around, and just when I thought that I was done with surprises.

"Avacci," I whispered.

*******************************

MAYUKI

"Alyssis Catherine Lake, you stop it right now!"

That voice. Immediately, I opened my hand. Tears began to flow from my eyes, and my whole body began to shake. I felt my body temperature rise and my tail shrink.

"Alyssis, let the girl go," said the voice.

I dropped the ice and it fell in sheets of sparkles and glitters. Immediately, the jonin apprehended me, and they went to Hikari and put her on a stretcher. Apparently, I had healed myself and my body was perfectly fine, even down to the chakra levels.

"The winner of this match is Mayuki Tategami," said Hayate without a single cough. The arena stood silent as everyone tried to comprehend what just happened. I just stood there staring at the wall, letting the tears streamed down my face. So many things were going on and it was overwhelming me.

"Miss Anne," I said as I turned around with tears in my eyes. I was about to go to her; however, I was still being held onto by the jonin.

"I got her," said a voice. The jonin let me go. I looked up and met the worried brown eyes of someone who I adored so much. Immediately, I was pulled into an embrace.

"The matches *cough* will *cough* continue," said Hayate. "Please *cough* clear the *cough* arena."

"Let's go upstairs," he said as he picked me up bridal style. In a matter of seconds, we were upstairs where only a few people were. "Are you hurt anywhere? I thought that I heard a crack when you hit the wall. What happened down there? You just snapped. And who is that Lady that called you Alyssis?"

"I'm fine, Haku," I said in a small voice. "I snapped because she did some unforgiveable things. Things that should be paid for with your life. And that woman... She's the woman who took care of me my entire life."

"Anne?" he asked.

"I heard my name," said a voice, prompting me to turn around. However, on turning around, a gasp made its way pass my lips. Anne not had white hair with light blue eyes... almost like Hikari.

"Miss Anne," I whispered with tears brimming my eyes. I ran to her and embraced her with a tight hug. "How did you find me?"

She just grinned and said, "Anne knows best."

********************************************

YUKINA

"Alyssis Catherine Lake, you stop it right now!"

My eyes widened in shock.

"Haku," I said as I turned to the brunette. "Get Mayuki somewhere safe."

I searched around for where the voice came from.

"Alyssis, let the girl go."

My pace quickened as I ran to the other side of the arena. A gasp came from my lips as I found the owner of he commands.

"Avacci," she whispered.

"Anne," I returned. Immediately, I tackled her off of her feet and I was reduced to nothing but a crying mess. "H... how?"

"Avacci," came another voice. I turned my head to catch a glimpse of charcoal black eyes, sandy blonde hair and sun kissed skin. Immediately, I got off of Anne and attacked my husband, causing him to stumble back. "I thought that I would never see you again!" I belted out. I buried my face into his chest and allowed the tears to flow.

However, I caught myself.

"We have to go somewhere else," I said. Doing a few hand seals, I teleported us to a secluded area of the arena. However, two people had already beaten us to the chase.

We watched as Haku did a once over on Mayuki, making sure she was alright. They began to speak and he asked her questions.

"Anne?" asked Haku.

Immediately, Anne emerged from behind me and walked up to the two. "I heard my name," she said.

The two jumped and turned around.

"Miss Anne," said Mayuki with tears brimming her eyes. "How did you find me?"

Anne simply laughed and said, "Anne knows best."

And I knew that she was indeed true.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

245K 8.5K 27
* THIS IS A COPYRIGHTED STORY OF MINE, MIDNIGHT_LILAC, PUBLISHED ON WATTPAD. IF YOU FIND IT ON ANY OTHER WEBSITE, IT HAS BEEN COPIED/REPUBLISHED WITH...
288 12 9
This is based on the anime Hetalia and is inspired by the Disney clasic, Beauty and the Beast! And it will contain mild yaoi! (Boy x Boy) If you don'...
20.3K 467 8
(Important: DO NOT REPOST, STEAL OR COPY my work, please!) Status update: DISCONTINUED since 2021 [Requests are not open anymore, sorry!] This is my...
34.5K 593 34
Natsu Dragneel the Vampire Dragon Demon Prince who doesn't care for anyone(except his family and friends). But what people don't know is that natsu i...