Altered // Stiles Stilinski [...

By kiley0

"The pain's still there. The grief... and shame. But I get it now. Shutting it off, it's a cheat. I mean, you... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
New Cover!!!!
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty-one
Salvatore
Summer .1
Summer .2
Summer .3
Summer .4
Contest? *closed*
Summer .5
Book 3

Chapter Twenty

11K 284 106
By kiley0

"Here, try that," Stiles threw towards Malia.

"Fabric softener," she sighed and dropped the clothing after she smelt it.

Stiles looked at me, where I was just sitting on Scott's bed, looking around his room.

"Are you going to help?" He asked me.

"Stiles, I'm not a dog. All I can smell is blood. I'm like a shark," I smirked.

"No time for joking right now, babe," he gave me a look before an idea popped to his head and he ran into Scott's bathroom.

"I know. This is serious, i'm sorry."

He walked out of Scott's bathroom, holding up a pair of his dirty underwear to Malia who had a very uncomfortable look on her face.

"Remember, Scott's life is on the line," Stiles said to her.

"I have a better idea," I leaned back and picked up Scott's pillow and threw it at Malia.

She caught it and brought it to her nose, inhaling deeply. Her eyes widened and she nodded.

"Yeah. That works, too," Stiles threw the underwear behind him back into the bathroom.

Malia pulled the pillow case off and the three of us trotted downstairs. Maybe I should say, the four of us...?

"Uh, Liam, go home," Stiles groaned. "You're not coming with us."

"Why not?" Liam complained.

"Because it's a full moon. And I don't feel like driving all the way down to Mexico just to have you rip my throat out."

"Well I'm not the blood thirst vampire that might actually rip your throat out," he crossed his arms.

I gritted my teeth, holding back every urge in my body to not rip his throat out. I could hear Malia growl under her breath but I grabbed her hand so she wouldn't do anything.

"I'm fine," I said to him. Which wasn't a complete lie. I did wake up this morning and I feel better than the last full moon. Granted, I have also drank a lot of blood this morning.

"Whatever. You can lock me up, right? Chain me down to the back seat or something?" He tried to negotiate.

I crossed my arms and put all my weight on my left foot, sending a cold glare towards him. "You tore through the last chains, remember?"

"Yeah, we would have to freeze you in carbonite to get you down there," Stiles said.

"Okay, then where do we get carbonite?" Liam asked confused.

Stiles squinted his eyes, shooting daggers at Liam. "Seriously? You haven't seen it either?"

Stiles turned around and began to walk out. 

"Wait!" Liam hurried after him. "What if we put me in the trunk?"

"You'd get out of that too," said Malia.

"Liam, you've been a werewolf all of five minutes. You don't have to do this," Stiles shook his head.

"I know I don't, but I want to. There's gotta be bigger chains, a bigger trunk or something."

Stiles turned to me with curiosity. "Wolfsbane. You have some, right?. Didn't you use it in coach's whistle at the cross country meet?"

"I gave all I found to Jennifer. I don't know what she did with it. There has to be something else we could use."

Stiles looked down at his hands. I could see on his face that he was trying to think of something.

"Maybe there is," he said.

***

Tires squeaked against the ground as the van halted to a stop. Braeden jumped out and walked up to the four of us who was waiting at Stiles's jeep.

 "How'd you get a prison transport van?" Stiles asked her.

"I'm a U.S. Marshal," she said with a smirk. 

"Yeah, I just thought that was a cover," he replied.

Another door shut, turning our gaze over to Derek and Peter as they got out of Derek's jeep.

"Are we really bringing him?" Derek pointed to Liam.

"Are we really bringing him?" Stiles remarked and pointed to Peter.

"We're bringing everyone that we can. And considering Scott and Kira were taken the night before the full moon, we should probably get going," said Peter.

"What's that mean?" Malia asked.

"If Kate took Scott back to the same temple she took Derek, how do we know she's not planning to do the same thing to him?"

"What, she wants to make him younger?" Liam asked.

"Or take him back to when he wasn't a werewolf," I said when I pieced it all together.

"A werewolf can't steal a true alpha's power. But maybe a Nagual jaguar, with the power of  Tezcatlipoca behind her... Maybe she can," Peter breathed out.

"So, if everyone sufficiently freaked out, I say we get going," Peter said sarcastically.

"We can't," I said. "Not without Lydia. She's at the school."

Stiles went to the side to try and call her. 

"What's she doing at the school anyways?" Derek asked.

"We got Kira's sword, but we needed something with a stronger scent. Lydia went to get a jacket out of her locker," Malia informed them.

I went to Stiles's jeep and grabbed my bag out of the backseat which had bottle of blood in it, which the quantity was going down fast. Though I couldn't tell anyone that.

I grabbed one and zipped the bag back up, downing it quickly.

"How're you doing?" Peter asked with a very sweet voice as he approached me.

Okay, that's not weirding me out at all...

"I'm fine."

"Okay, just making sure. Wouldn't want anything to happen to you. You're one of the little family I have left," he smiled and pulled me into an unwanted hug.

I pushed him away and gave him a fake smile and said, "Right."

Ever since Malia made that good point about Peter when we were down in the vault, about me barely knowing him and forgetting about him all this time, I've been thinking a lot about it.

"We are family, right?" He asked, placing a hand on my shoulder.

I took a quiet breath and nodded, "Of course." Lying smoothly.

He kissed me on the forehead, sending a cold shiver down my spine, before he walked away,

"Nothing," Stiles informed us, putting his phone away. 

"If she has her car, she can catch up with us," said Braeden.

"That's a good point," Peter pointed towards her. "We'll call her from the road."

"No," Stiles said. "What if something happened? What if she's in trouble?"

"Fine. You stay, you find her. We're gonna go on without you," Peter gave him a fake smile and walked over to Derek's jeep.

"That's not gonna happen," I crossed my arms over my chest.

"I could call Mason," Liam said in a quiet voice. "He has a study group at school. Maybe he could look for her."

"Great idea, little beta. Call him," I ordered.

As Liam went to call Mason, everyone else dispersed to separate cars. Stiles approached me, placing a hand on my shoulder.

"I need to be back there with Derek and Liam. I've got some experience with out of control teen wolves. Are you riding with Malia and Peter?" He asked me.

"Absolutely not. What if you get hurt? From what I've heard, Liam isn't like Scott. He's more... viscous. I should be with the three of you," I placed my hand on his chest, staring into his eyes.

He brought his hand up to mine and moved it away, holding onto it.

"Sorry, it will be kind of cramped in the back. You're riding in the front with me," Braeden said and eyed down to the bag in my free hand. "Let's go."

I guess that's a better option than Malia and Peter. This way I can still keep an eye on them too.

"Remember what we're dealing with here," Peter began. "It's not just Kate, its Berserkers. You might see human eyes behind those skulls. Do not assume there's any humanity left."

"I don't know what you're getting at but, there is always humanity left. No matter how far gone they might be," I said.

"Brianna, sweetheart, these are viscous beasts that bring great havoc in the ranks of the enemy," Peter looked over to my left where Liam was standing. "This little one is terrified of them, aren't you?"

I took a protective step to the side, in front of Liam. 

"Don't worry my friend. It is the fear that will keep you alive. A reminder to everyone. You do not fight berserkers to survive, you fight to kill."

***

"All good?" Braeden asked Liam, taking a quick glance into the small holey window where Liam was hand-cuffed in the back of the van.

I took a glance in the back also, just in time to see Liam try to break the cuffs. He looked at me and nodded that he was good.

I sent him a small smile and turned back around. I took a deep breath and kept my eyes focused on the horizon as we drove.

"You all good?" Braeden whispered to me. I turned to her and she was looking down at my hands which I didn't even notice were gripping the seat very very tightly.

I stayed quiet and leaned down in my bag and pulled out a weapon and placed it in her cup-holder.

"What is that?" She asked curiously.

"It's a gun," I said calmly.

"Never seen one like that."

"It's custom made. I found it in my basement," she stayed quiet, urging me to continue. "It shoots small vials of vervain. If I lose control tonight, you need to shoot me till I pass out."

"And you think that's gonna happen?"

"I hope not," I mumbled and pulled out another bottle of blood.

"How many more of those do you have? Because you could lash out at me faster than I could grab that gun and shoot you. I'm human, I only have one life."

"I know you're human," I said angrily, my heightened emotions kicking in. "Because right now, all I'm thinking about is your blood."

"You're shifting," she sing-songed, as if it were a joke.

I looked in the mirror and saw my eyes changing and that my fangs were out. I moaned and closed my eyes, trying to make it stop.

"Bri," his voice rang in my ears from behind. "You okay?"

I immediately calmed down, a smile forming on my face when a turned around to look through the window. 

"I'm fine."

He gave me a toothy grin before I turned back around to face the road ahead.

"He's your anchor," Braeden piped up beside me.

"My what?" I asked confused.

"He's the thing that ties you down to what makes you human. He calms you down without even trying. He's your anchor."

"Y-yeah. I guess he is."

Bonjour mes amis!

I am back with yet another chapter! Hope you enjoyed!

Please vote and comment!

xoxo 

-Gossip Girl

I'm kidding (obvi)! But I recently just started watching Gossip Girl on Netflix and i'm obsessed! I just thought it was funny how I usually end my chapters like that. I'm sorry. I'm stupid...

20+ votes for the next chapter :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 46.3K 52
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
45.4K 717 17
You are Y/n L/n, One of Few Human Students of Seton Academy and you are going with your Little Brother Kotarou so you can take care of him and work a...
2.3M 117K 65
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
4.2K 133 12
Finally the day came when Seventeen is going to know their gender report test results. Like every other kpop group they're also very chill about it a...