Sacrifice [ BOOK TWO ]

By nectophiliac

Blair Gilbert spent five years in Chicago, then returned back to Mystic Falls. She had planned to finish her... More

0: Disclaimer
1: Three Weeks
2: Old Times
3: Justin Bieber
4: Proposition
5: April Twenty-Seventh
6: Werewolves
7: Leverage
8: Masquerade
9: Useless
10: Boxed
11: Rule One
12: Sun Burnt
13: Sister
14: Guilty
15: Thumper
16: Magnolia
17: Not-Boyfriend
18: The Death of Rose-Marie
19: Disposal
20: Chicago
21: Late Night Phone Calls
22: Date Night
23: Cabin
24: Party-Crasher
25: Fond
26: Trust
27: A Whole Lot Of Maybes
29: Jenna Meets Isobel
30: The Fuzzy
31: Family Meeting
32: Confession And Compulsion
33: Vampires
34: Calls From The Past
35: Elijah
36: The Last Day
37: The Sacrifice 1
38: The Sacrifice 2
EXTRA
dlair edit.
jensen cassidy.
q+a answers.
q+a answers pt 2.
instagrams.
final q&a answers
small update, please read
tiktok
book 3

28: The Grill

25.2K 821 737
By nectophiliac

"Come on, please?" Nick's voice rang through my phone's speaker as it sat on my dresser. I shimmied my pants on while Nick continued his overly long please.

"How many times do I have to say no?" I buttoned my jeans before picking through my closet for a shirt.

"I'm going to keep asking until you say yes." Nick was defintely smirking. We'd been talking for the last two days nonstop, and he can probably tell that I don't 100 percent hate him anymore.

"I told you already, I have a boyfriend."

Nick hummed a no, "you said you and a guy had some complicated things going on. You never used the word boyfriend. Plus, it wouldn't be a date! It doesn't need to have a title. Just two old friends having dinner. Or if your not comfortable with dinner, we can get drinks."

"Nick-"

"Oh wait, former alcoholic, right.." Nick paused, letting out an awkward laugh. "Coffee, dinner or coffee. Please, Blair."

"Why can't you just explain yourself over the phone? Why does it have to be in person?" I asked, pulling a light blue sweater on.

"You can't see my sincerity over the phone."

"Fine. Meet me at the Mystic Grill at six, we will have dinner. You're paying. Don't be late." You could hear him smile as I spoke.

"I'll see you then." He spoke happily before hanging up the phone.

+

I walked into the grill at 5:45. I didn't want to be too early and look like I was waiting for him forever, but I also didn't want to show up late like I didnt care to come.

The place was packed. A bunch of people were crowded in front of the stage, and Caroline was on the stage singing. It didn't take her long to spot me walk in, and when she waved at me, I seen Elena, Jenna and Bonnie's eyes all land on me as well. Elena excused herself from the others and made her way towards me.

"I didn't know you were coming to this." Elena smiled, trying to act like nothing was wrong between us. "You could have rode with us."

"I wasn't planning on coming to this." I said, referring to the little concert going on.

"Oh, why'd you come then?" Elena asked.

"I have dinner plans with someone." I decided to be honest, because she would probably still be here when Nick showed up. "I didn't realize that there was anything going on tonight when I made the plans though."

   "With Damon?"

   I shook my head, "no, my ex. Nick." I waited for Elena to yell, saying something like 'how could you go out with someone so quickly after Damon? You two didn't even really break up!' But she didn't yell.

   "Oh," she smiled the smallest smile, and I assume it was fake. "I hope you have a good time with him. I remember you really liked him."

   "Yeah," I nodded, smiling small as well as we both stated walking away from each other.

   "Hey, B?" Elena stopped me before I could get too far. I turned back towards her without saying anything. "I really am sorry."

   I nodded again, "I know." Elena nodded as well, returning to Jenna and Bonnie as Caroline continued to sing to Matt on stage.

   'The Grill is packed, we will probably need to sit at the bar' I typed quickly as I walked to the only open seat at the bar. I compelled the drunk guy in the seat beside me to go somewhere else so there would be an open seat for Nick.

   "You weren't lying." Nick's voice came out of no where, causing me to jump slightly. Nick let out a small laugh, "sorry."

"No, you're good." I stood up slowly. I wasn't sure if I should hug him or not. He did give good hugs, but I wasn't sure if he wanted to hug me. Before I could decide whether or not I wanted to hug him, he had his arms around me. He let go of me before I could hug back.

We both let out small awkward laughs as we sat on the stools. He grinned widely, "wow."

"What?" I squinted at him, confused. I could hear Elena, Jenna, Bonnie and Caroline talking amongst themselves, about me and 'the mystery hottie' as they called him. Caroline acted offended that she didn't know I had such a hot ex. Jenna didn't say too much other than to ask who he was. Elena only replied with 'her ex, Nick.' Bonnie glared for awhile, as her and I still weren't as close as Caroline and I.

"You look beautiful, B." Nick muttered, leaning his head onto his fist, bringing me away from the girls' conversation. I smiled awkwardly before looking down.

"So, we're here to hear your amazing explanation." I changed the subject, confused at myself. I was not typically shy, but for whatever reason I wanted to hide.

"Right." Nick nodded. He hummed for a moment, probably thinking of where to start. "I told you a decent amount over the phone the first time I called, so I'm not going to repeat all that." I make a 'Mhm' sound, almost too nervous to reply with words. "I told you I came back, and that you were with Stefan." I nodded, "I didn't tell you that I left you a letter with Mags, which I'm assuming she never gave you."

   "I never got a note." I murmured.

   "I should have left it somewhere you would have found it. Maggie wasn't the happiest with me for leaving, I should have guessed she wouldnt give you it." Nick sighed, "it pretty much explained what I said over the phone. That I came back, and that I regretted leaving. It said I love you in it a few times. It had a bunch of my secrets written in it, going into more detail about who I was looking for, and why. I'm kind of grateful that you didn't get to read that part, you defintely would have thought I was crazy."

   "It had a few phone numbers on it, so you could get a hold of me, as well as my e-mail. It said if you'd have me I'd come back in a heartbeat." Nick paused, "I really didn't want you leave you with Stefan. Maggie just made it seem like you were completely over me."

   "I wasn't." I looked at my hands as I fiddled with my fingers. "I mean, you were my first. I doubt I'll ever be completely over you."

   Before Nick could reply, Elena came up to us, "Hi, sorry. Blair, can I steal you for a minute?"

   I glared at her for less than a second before nodded, "I'll be right back." I smiled shyly as Nick before walking to the end of the bar. "What is it?"

   "Okay, firstly, Damon just killed Luka, and Jonas is now coming after me. Second, I kind of gave Bonnie permission to date Jeremy." Elena whispered, glancing at Nick, "sorry for interrupting your date."

   "No, no. You're fine." I tucked my hair behind my ears, completely ignoring the part about Bonnie and Jeremy, seeing it wasn't important right now. "I'll tell Nick to go. I'll take you home."

   Elena tried to stop me, but I made my way back to Nick. "Hey, I'm really sorry, but I need to take my sister home. It's kind of an emergency. We can try for dinner another time if you'd like?"

   Nick smiled, nodding. "I'd love to." He leaned down and kissed my cheek, "goodnight, Blair."

   Nick made his way to the exit as I wrapped my arm around Elena's. I completely dropped the thought of being upset with her as I tried to wiggle her through the crowd of people.

   "Wait," I stop in the middle of the crowd in front of the stage. Listening around, I can hear Jonas and Bonnie talking. "Jonas is here already." (Okay I know that blair hasn't met Jonas or Luka but pretend that caroline has been updating blair on everything lol)

   "They killed Elijah and they killed Luka and my only shot at getting my daughter back is if I have Elena." Jonas spoke angrily.

   "No. No, Dr. Martin." Bonnie tried to reason with Jonas as he started walking. Jonas shut off all the lights with his magic.

   "Where is she?!" He yelled, and I could tell they were by the enterance still. Bonnie kept saying she didn't know, that she hadn't seen Elena all day. Out of nowhere, Stefan approached us, grabbing each of our arms and pulling us into the bathroom where Caroline was.

   Stefan explained to Caroline that Jonas was here, trying to take Elena. "Blair, I need you to go walk out the front door. Hopefully Jonas will think that your Elena and give me enough time to get Elena out."

   "I can do that." I nodded, about to walk out of the bathroom but Stefan grabbed my wrist before I got all the way out.

   "Be careful." Stefan muttered. I took a deep breath before walking out. I spotted Jonas instantly, putting his fingers to Bonnie's forehead causing her to pass out. The bar top was on fire, and all the bottles were now shattered on the floor. I wanted to run to help Bonnie, but I knew I couldn't. I kept my face to the side so Jonas couldnt see that it was me. I heard Matt yell Bonnie's name, just now seeing her on the ground. Jonas' eyes landed on me just as Matt helped Bonnie up.

   "Elena!" Jonas yelled, putting his hand up and making my legs unable to move. I turned my head to look at Stefan and Elena who were walking towards Jonas. Stefan only nodded, as if that would ease my confusion and anger.

   "Dr. Martin!" Elena yelled, which caught Jonas' attention, confusing him as well. He twisted his wrist, making me turn around and face him. He twisted his wrist again and snapped my neck.

+

   I woke up on the couch, my neck extremely sore. "Wow, that's.. That's not good." I heard Elena in the kitchen. I stood up and started walking towards her.

   "No. No, that's not good at all." Damon said in return, his eye catching me immediately. "Hey!" He ran up to me, placing his hands on my cheeks, moving my head around, looking for any wounds as if I didn't heal. "Are you okay?"

   "I'm fine." I slowly removed his hands from my face. "What happened?"

   "After Jonas killed you, Stefan grabbed you and we got away. Katherine was waiting here for Jonas, and she uh," Elena pointed upstairs, "she just killed him."

   "Oh, alright." I sighed as Katherine and Stefan came down the stairs. Katherine returned Elena's necklace to her before the two of them had a small argument about not liking each other.

   I pulled my phone from my pocket, texted a quick 'really sorry about tonight' to Nick before going to my room to sleep this day away.

[ this chapter was very rushed, as I apologize for that, I just really wanted to get this chapter up. But HEY! Nick was finally in the chapter! It was for a short period but he was in it! Please vote and comment your opinions! Also, go follow my instas please! Theyre @igaus, @atlantasfour & @elenasdean ! ]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

389K 8.2K 23
When Gideon resigned from the BAU, he left the Doctor Spencer Reid a letter, explaining himself and why he left. But he also left a picture of a gir...
11K 80 27
What if Jessica had a twin sister and Christopher had a twin brother? The adventure will be the same but just twice the fun. All rights go to Disney.
2.7M 79K 39
π‘Ίπ’Šπ’π’π’†π’”π’”|| ❝When he saw her, his eyes seemed to light up, and both their hearts started to beat faster than they should,❞ Or in which Klaus Mik...
5.2K 221 40
When Amelia is turned by an Original Vampire, she is bound to them by a sire bond. Her lover, who has problems of his own, promises to lift her curse...