The Alpha's Law

By HolyxHarold

Riley Marie Kendall grew up like any other American girl. And as any other normal 16 year old should, she tho... More

01- The Alpha's Law
02- Torchwood
03- Torchwood High
04- Where's Ian?
05- You have got to be kidding me
06- What now!?!?
07- Mate who?
08- Jaley
09- Memories
10- Busted!
11- Over
12- Treehouse
13- Invite
14- Future
16- Party Part 2
17- Almost There
18- Meet the parents
19- Point Place
20- Noah
21- Hospital
22- Training
23- The Beginning
24- Of The End
25- The Trade
26- Steven
27- You're What?
28- Coming Out
Epilogue

15- Party Part 1

35.4K 895 80
By HolyxHarold

PICTURE OF IAN ON THE SIDE>>>>>>>>>>

"So I am going to pick you up at 7:30" Cassie smiles giving us a goodbye hug. It's an hour after school ends. We were hanging out in the nuclear shelter for pretty much the whole time. It keeps getting cooler and cooler each time we go down there, they just recently added an air hockey machine. I still don't get how a pimped out war shelter for high school werewolves is possible. 

"Okay sure thanks" Chloe yells after Cassie. We start to walk home, since Kameron didn't pick us up. It isn't a long walk but the ground is so muddy and filled with insects.

Cassie is taking us to the party later. We would ask Kameron but he would rat us out faster than you can say "not fair". And for obvious reasons we can't ask Mom and Dad to take us to an unsupervised werewolf party with underage drinking and other illegal practices. 

We walk back silently on the path near the forest line. The smell of werewolf is thick in the air, making my wolf beg for release. I haven't let her out in two days. She gets so grumpy in there it is almost too much, especially when I'm not near Jace.

"Do you mind if I go take a run?" I ask Chloe. We are five minutes from home and if I don't let her out, she will whine all day. 

"No, it's fine" She says picking a leaf out of her hair. She seems to be thinking about something hard and we weren't talking anyway. She's probably thinking about Nick or the party tonight. She has obviously forgotten about her ex-boyfriend Austin in exchange for Nick. They weren't that serious anyway more like flirty friends. 

I take off my shoes, Jacket and socks. It is way too cold to take off everything. My shirt and jeans are pretty crappy anyway. Chloe watches silently, folding her arms. I think she's pretty cool with the idea of werewolves but the only time she ever saw one it bit was a little...traumatic.

I think of what Jace said "imagine how it feels to be a wolf". My body starts to quiver and shake as the warmth spreads up my spine. The feeling of hair growing along all over is still uncomfortable. Faster than before, I shoot to the ground into the huge wolf.

I look at Chloe, making sure she's okay. She gives the little thumbs up sign and shakily comes to my side. The smell of werewolf gets even stronger with the heightened sense of smell. There must be people outside the pack house.

Chloe's hand rubs the fur on top of my head like a dog. I let out a wolfy laugh pushing her away and to the ground. Her face is priceless as she smashes into the mud. Her blonde hair is flecked with leaves and muddy grass, and her clothes are a mess. Ha, I am so going to pay for that later. I stick out my tongue, running into the forest.

It is so peaceful running in wolf form. I push myself faster and faster until my surroundings are just a blur. Somehow I dodge everything without thinking about it. This must burn off so many calories. No wonder all the werewolves are so fit.

"That's right we're fit!" Lao's voice echoes through my head. I jump, stopping and rolling right into a tree. It is so weird to have someone's voice in my head. I am sort of used to Jace but not really. I still haven't figured out what thoughts they can and can't hear. I shake off all the leaves, wincing a little in pain. Running into a tree is more painful than you would imagine.

"Hey guys" I think, starting to run again. I have passed my house twice already but still should be back before Chloe. Hopefully she will bring home my shoes, and jacket.

"Hey Kendall" Lucas jokes through the link. He is the first person to call me Kendall. He does it so much some freshman started to think it was my first name. I hit the corner again and my house comes back into view. Ian is sitting in the backyard probably playing with worms. 

"So what's up?" I ask slowing down to a trot. From what I can tell Nick, Lao, Lucas, and Jacob are listening. It's so crazy to be able to feel people in your thoughts, without positively knowing who it is. Some random person could listen to me when I'm thinking about personal stuff. Well s long as I'm not in wolf form they can't hear anything.

"We're doing chores, we have to jog around the boundary line eight times" Nick answers. I wonder how I can tell Lao and Nick's voice apart in my head. In person they sound exactly the same.

"Sounds fun" I joke. Reaching my house again. Ian is no longer in the backyard, probably because it's getting dark. It's almost five o'clock, I should go inside. At least I had a nice workout out here.

"Wait no don't go yet! I have to ask you something "Nick yells, how it's possible to yell in a thought is beyond me. 

"Yeah sure" I think. I start a slow walk towards the house waiting for his reply. I can literally feel Jacob, Lucas, and Lao listening and Nick waiting to say something.

"Does Chloe, uh like me?" Nick whispers embarrassed. I try not to laugh but a wolfy laugh escapes anyway. Hopefully he isn't too close by and can't hear it. It's just hilarious that a 17 year old guy has to ask the sister of his crush if she likes him. It shouldn't be surprising considering how awkward Nick is.

"Honestly, I think she does" I try and contain the laughter in my thought. It's the truth but it's too funny to think about. I can feel Nick's content at my words.

"Nicky and Chloe sittin' in a tree M-A-R-K-I-N-G" Lao taunts to the laughter of Lucas and Nick. It's so hard not to laugh at how he changed it from kissing to marking.

"Don't tell her I asked. Please" He begs starting another round of taunting from Lao. It's cute how innocent he is, it is definitely a change in Chloe's usual taste in guys. Austin was a badass, plain and simple. Nick is more of a hipster nerd, probably never even had detention.

"I won't tell her. I got to go guys" I laugh through the pack link. I shut them out trotting up the wet grass of the backyard. I'm not shifting back outside, the guys could be near by. Lao is definitely a pervert, I wouldn't put it past him to watch me.

I trot into the back door whipping my paws on the mat. Hopefully no one will see me on the way upstairs. Last thing I need is to be grounded for tracking leaves and dirt through the house.

"Yay wolf!" Ian squeals jumping onto my back. I try and shake him off but he just holds my fur tighter. God this kid is getting heavy. I walk faster going up the stairs towards my bedroom. My tail hits against the wall, knocking off a couple of pictures.

Finally a shake him off, releasing a couple of unfriendly sounds in the process. I nudge my door shut, changing back to human quickly. Chloe left the clothes on my bed, of course the shoes laces are tied together and there is a bleach stain on the jacket. I stuff them in the closet, pulling out my coca cola pajama bottoms and a T-shirt that says "bow ties and fezzes are cool". No need to get changed when I'm going to have to change again for the party. 

Ugh, I just feel like taking a long nap. But if I take one now, I will never want to get up. Instead I trudge down the stairs. Ian is waiting at the bottom with wii sports tucked under his arm. Crap, I forgot I promised to play with him today. 

"Okay, you do realize I'm gonna kick your ass, right?" I joke, leading him into the living room. He giggles probably at my use of the word 'ass'. I haven't hung out with Ian in a while this should be fun.

<~*~>

"Dinner time!" Mom yells from the kitchen. Ian actually beat me in wii baseball but I killed him in bowling. I trip him as we walk into the dining room. Everyone is sitting around the table, including Kameron. Mmm spaghetti.

"Did you guys have fun?" Dad asks as we sit down. Ian always puts books on his seat so he can be as tall as the rest of us. It's cute until he falls over, taking the tablecloth and food with him.

"Yeah, I beat her" Ian smiles biting a chunk out of his meatball. Mm this is really tasty. After eating pizza for a thousand weeks straight everything different tastes good. Especially if the pizza always has mush- wtf? Someone just kicked me under the table. I look around seeing an evil smile from Kameron and a worried expression from Chloe, it was most likely her.

"So what do you guys have planned tonight?" Kameron asks suggestively. Oh crap he knows about the party. I should have figured, he has the high school pack members wrapped around his evil finger. 

"Sleeping over a friend's house, how about you" I say giving him the look. He smiles wiggling his eyebrows. I swear if he tells on us, I am going to beat him with his own arm. Mom and Dad look as us like we are complete nuts. 

"I have a date with a nurse from the pack, she's gonna give me a little...examination" Kameron smiles suggestively, giving Dad a high five. Oh god, that's gross. I exchange a disgusted look with Chloe, setting my fork back down on the plate.

"It's almost 7:30. Let's get our stuff" I sigh getting up and shooting Kameron one last dirty look. I stomp up the stairs with Chloe right behind me. If Kameron breathes a word about the party when we're gone, he's dead.

I grab the clothes for the party, stuffing them into a duffel bag. Chloe waits in the doorway looking excited and cheery. This is going to be so fun. Most of the teenagers from the pack are coming. It's at Lucas's house, which is far away from the pack house and any adult who can stop it. 

"Chloe Riley your friend is here!' Mom yells. We bound down the stairs faster than ever, accidentally shaking down even more pictures, and chipping the green paint. Cassie stands by the door in plain clothes to go along with the sleep over lie. We will all probably change in the car.

"Hey" she smiles giving me a hug. Mom gives her the look of approval before leaving to go upstairs. Of course Ian can't be relied on to give people privacy and he comes skipping in. He sniffs the air like Jace taught him to see if someone is a werewolf. 

"You're a wolf too" he smiles wiggling his loose tooth. It is right in the front. When he loses it, it is not going to be cute. 

"Yeah, and you're adorable" Cassie smiles looking down at Ian. Now that I think about it, he is dressed really hipster today. Chloe must have picked out his clothes.

"I know" He smiles running back out of the room. Finally we can leave, the party is supposed to start in fifteen minutes. Which means it really started a half hour ago. By now there are already drunk werewolves passed out on the lawn.

We speed walk down the driveway to her Porsche. How come we are the only werewolves to not drive fancy cars? I mean come on, Mom drives a freaking minivan.

We hop into the car, taking off immediately. Lucas must live right at the edge of the pack border because it takes forever to get there. Finally we pull up outside a giant blue house.

My heart flips just thinking about what's inside. Already teenagers are strewn across the lawn and music blares so loud I can feel it in my bones. Red cups liter the grass and the smell of alcohol is in the air. Couples kiss by the trees on the side of the house and silhouettes of people dance on the curtains. Wow.

This is gonna be one hell of a party.

_________________________________________________________

I really like when you say whether the characters pics on the side meet your expectation. I am so disappointed with myself, this chapter sucks ass. I originally had a great chapter but wattpad deleted it. Oh well I guess, at least it wasn't a really important chapter.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 37.5K 36
Carly is just a normal teenage girl who's suffered the loss of her father at age thirteen. With a mother that's gone all the time and a brother who h...
22.3K 2.1K 35
Seventeen year old Kayla Simmons has always been normal, completely ordinary. So when the new guy in town comes and completely changes everything she...
5.7K 41 27
Jaci Garcia just wants to be normal. Have a normal family, friends, and day to day routine but all that's kind of hard to do with died parents. Being...
13K 336 38
Fate was never really on Haylee Fishers side. She never new she had fire, water, ice, wind, and earth at her finger tips. It all started the night h...