Hidden Past

By MrsGeorgiaB

"Thor marches into the chambers, his feet stomping on the concrete ground. He walks over to the white frilly... More

Hidden Past
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31

Chapter 27

6.6K 223 62
By MrsGeorgiaB

A warm wet liquid on my face pulls me awake. I giggle and push Ace away lightly, he continues to lick at my cheeks.

"Good morning Ace." I whisper, scratching behind his left ear.

I quickly jump in the shower and pull on a simple black dress that reaches my knees, brushing my hair into a high ponytail with my side fringe down.

There's a knock at the door, I watch Ace race over to it while barking and scratching at the wood.

"Ace. Ace, come here. Calm down." I order, walking to the door and scooping him into my arms.

I open the door to my Uncle, in his usual red armour with his cape over his shoulders. He leans out a hand and strokes Ace's head.

"Good morning, Harriet." He says, his voice deep and bellowing.

"Good morning, Uncle."

"I have a surprise for you. We are going somewhere special."

"Where?" I question.

"You are going to meet your grandparents." Uncle announces.

I hold back a gasp. Uncle always talks about my grandparents, I've begged him countless times to let me see them, but he constantly said yes.

"Yay! Yes!" I squeal, jumping and Ace starts to bark in my arms.

"Ace will have to stay here, but Steve offered to look after him."

"I'm so excited! When can we go?"

"Whenever you are ready." Uncle points out, hiding a smile.

"Now. Let's go now."

My Uncle nods and walks down the corrdior, I close my door and skip after him with Ace still in my arms. We catch the elevator onto the ground floor and all of the Avengers are stood by the entrance.

"You left this in the hall." Steve announces, handing my red cape.

"Thanks, I'll wear it now"

"Give Ace to Steve, Harriet." My Uncle orders, glancing over at me.

I nod, placing Ace into Steve's open arms. I wrap my cape over my shoulders and tie it under my chin.

"Be good, Ace." I whisper into his ear, scratching his fur. He responds by licking my cheek.

"Are you ready?" Uncle asks.

"Yeah. Bye." I shout, waving to the Avengers.

Wind whips around me, blowing my cape and clothes. My Uncle raises his hammer into the air and we lift off the ground. I clutch my Uncle and he wraps his left arm around my waist.

Suddenly, we land. My feet hit metal and I glance down to see I'm stood on pure gold with flowers engraved on it. My uncle looks down at me, chuckling quietly. I glance up to see a man dressed in gold in the middle of the room, he has a gold metal hat on and he clutches a sword. All around me are gates made of gold that whir like machines.

"Where are we?" I ask.

"This is Asgard, your home." Uncle Thor says.

"Welcome back, Sir." The guard announces, his voice bouncing off the golden walls, deep like Thor.

"Thank you, Heimdall. This is Harriet." Uncle introduces, placing his hand on my back.

"Your father is waiting for you, Sir."

"Thank you."

Uncle takes my hand and leads me down a gold bridge, it sparkles blue and red glitter. I look over the side and see dark clouds, nothing else but emptiness.

At the end of the bridge is a giant castle that towers over me, making me feel like an ant. The walls glimmer with gold and at the front is a huge draw bridge. There are single towers inside the castle that stand tall with shaped windows and standing along the entrance wall are soldiers, above on the open wall are more soldiers armed with guns.

"Welcome home, Harriet." Uncle smiles.

As we step onto the wooden draw bridge, a woman stands with a man. He has a black patch on his right eye with white bushy hair that makes a beard, his eyes burn into mine with judgement. He's wearing a dark shirt with dark trousers and heavy army with mesh on top, with metal bracelets. The woman has light brown, almost blonde, hair that is styled into a side plait that drapes down her left shoulder. She is wearing a pale purple dress that drags across the floor and a cardigan of the same colour is over her arms.

"Mother, father, this is Harriet. Harriet, these are your grandparents." Uncle introduces.

"It's a pleasure to finally met you." I admit, smiling.

"She's a treasure!" My grandmother exclaims.

My grandmother smiles and steps forward, pulling me into a tight hug. She places one hand on my back and one on my head. I breath in her perfume of roses and the meadow. When she finally pulls back, she places one palm on my left cheek and the other on my right shoulder.

"You are so much prettier then your Uncle described you." She comments, her fingertips brushing my cheeks.

"Thank you." I whisper.

My grandmother steps away and I see grandfather has tensed. He already doesn't like me and I know I won't have a chance to change his mind. Uncle said he's set in his ways.

"This place is beautiful, it's so amazing!" I say.

"Let me show you to the balcony." My grandmother offers, slipping her hand around mine.

"Bye Uncle Thor." I wave as my grandmother pulls me through the gold entrance.

Along the walls are engraved flowers and a few statues of people who I assume did something inspirational. There are stone columns along the walls, holding up the cream engraved ceiling. I follow my grandmother down a cream corridor and out a stone archway. We step onto a stone ground and in front of me I can see a stone balcony with gaps in between.

Stepping to the edge, I glance over to see the sea, so big that I can't see the end. Below is a courtyard with a trickling fountain in the middle and a few people are sat on benches talking, wearing bright robes and armour. All along the edge of the balcony and courtyard are various types of flowers, they smell fresh and beautiful.

"Wow, this is a wonderful view." I say, placing my hands on the stone and peering over.

"I come here everyday, it is truly a show of beauty." My grandmother smiles, pulling her shawl up around her back.

"Can I ask a question?"

"Of course, my dear."

"If this is my home, why haven't I visited before?" I slowly ask.

"That is a question to ask Thor."

"He refuses to answer my questions. I only found out a month ago who my father was. Uncle won't answer that." I explain, looking at her hopefully.

"I will answer then. We believed it was too dangerous for you to visit before. We did not know the location of your father and we did not want to put Asgard in danger if he came here to collect you."

"I understand, I've heard that reason a lot recently."

"Harriet?" A familiar bellowing voice asks.

We turn around to see my Uncle stood in the archway, swinging his hammer.

"Yes, Uncle?"

"I-"

He's cut off by two soldiers racing over to him and punching him in the arm, both laughing. Thor smiles at them and chuckles. Another small soldier runs towards him, hitting his leg with the handle of his sword.

"Who's this?" A female soldier asks, looking at me.

"Sif, this is Harriet and Harriet, this is Sif." Uncle announces.

"Good morning." I mumble.

Sif has long, almost straight jet black hair that showers onto her shoulders, that are covered in black armour with gold circles. She has a brown hooded jumper on with her armour reaching her knees. Sif looks me up and down, her expression not impressed.

"This is Hogun." Thor says, pointing at a black haired soldier.

Hogun has black hair that is pulled into a tight ponytail. He is wearing navy clothes and black and silver armour that reaches his knees, with black wrist armour. He smiles quickly at me, but his hands ball into fists.

"This is Volstagg."

Volstagg has blonde hair that is mainly on the right side of his head, he crosses his arms over the armour on his shoulders and brushes his small beard with one hand. He smiles happily at me and doesn't hide it from the others.

"And last but not least. Fandral."

The short soldier has long curly auburn hair and a curly beard. His eyes scan me quickly and he stands with an attitude. I hold back a laugh because he looks like he could easily take us out.

"So, you are the Harriet that Thor never stops talking about?" Volstagg questions.

"I prefer Hattie, but my Uncle doesn't like calling me that." I point out.

"Your Uncle is very stubborn."

"Do you dare mock me?" Uncle quizzes, raising an eyebrow at Volstagg.

"Yes, I dare to mock you. But I shall not fight with you in front of your mother. I bet you are a good fighter, Hattie." Volstagg thinks aloud, glancing over me.

"How much do you want to bet?" I tease.

"You are so different to how Thor has described you. You've got attitude." Hogun comments, slipping his sword into the holdster.

"Thanks."

"That's not a good thing, Harriet." Uncle scolds.

"It is a good thing to have some attitude, Son, you have just the right amount." My Grandmother points out, clasping her hands together and smiling.

"Harriet seems to have too much." Uncle jokes.

"Haha, so funny Uncle Thor." I smirk.

"Thor, Odin is requesting you see him."

"Excuse me." Thor mutters and marches off the balcony.

I glance at the soldiers.

"Shall we test that bet, Hattie?" Volstagg quizzes.

"Of course, Volstagg."

He leads the way down the corridor of the balcony and down a spiral stone staircase. We step through another archway and into the courtyard. The sound of water trickling fills my ears as I step onto the stone ground. Volstagg stops in front of me. He hands me a sword and I pick it up, my fingers brushing the material. The weapon is heavy in my hands and I see my reflection in the metal.

"Shall we say the first to hit the ground?" Volstagg asks, picking up another sword from a stone bench.

Hogun and Fendral wander in, sitting on a bench on the side of us but far away. Sif follows, standing beside them and crossing her arms.

"Yes."

"Have you used a sword before?" Sif shouts.

"No. I've used daggers though, feels the same thing." I mumble, staring at Volstagg and ignoring Sif chuckle.

"You are so cute, I don't want to fight you." Volstagg admits.

"Are you looking for an excuse?"

"No."

I step forward, raising the sword beside my head. Volstagg chuckle and swings at me, I hit his sword with mine. With each hit he pushes towards me, I swipe back to match his. The sound of the swords hitting echoes in my mind and I can see annoyance striking in Volstagg's face. His mistake is bouncing back after his final hit, I swing at him and he falls back with no balance. He lays on his back, winded from the stone ground. I step over him and smile, offering him my hand. His hand grasps mine and I pull him up, almost knocking myself over.

"Well done, Volstagg."

"Umm...Well done to you. You obviously do a lot of training." Volstagg grumbles, his cheeks burning with embarrassment.

"Harriet!"

I look up to the balcony. My Uncle stands on the edge, his hands clutching the stone so tight that I can see his knuckles are white. Behind him, my grandparents stand with stern expressions and a group of people have formed a gasping crowd with shock on their faces.

"We were only messing around, Thor." Volstagg points out.

"I didn't mean to draw attention, Uncle, sorry."

"Did you just use the sword? Nothing else?" Uncle questions.

"Yes, Uncle, nothing else."

"What is that supposed to mean?" Volstagg quiz.

"Nothing." I interrupt before Uncle can make up an excuse.

"Harriet, come here, now." Thor orders.

I nod, handing Volstagg the sword.

"Thanks for a good fight." I whisper and he smiles.

I walk across the courtyard, feeling the spectators watching me. Racing up the stone staircase, my deep red cape flowing around, my Uncle is stood at the top with his arms crossed and anger on his face.

"I was just having fun, Uncle." I point out.

"That wasn't fun, Harriet. You were fighting one of the greatest soldier and you beat him. These people don't need to know about your power." Uncle argues.

"What power?"

Thor turns around slowly, my grandfather is stood behind him with anger on his face.

"What are you not telling us, Son? You must not keep secrets from me."

"Harriet has a power, she can move things without touching them."

"Can you control it?"

"Of course."

"It is a concern, but not extrmeme." He mumbles, running his hands through his bushy white beard.

"It's fine. I can control it."

"Harriet, dinner is prepared for us as we are all expected in the hall."

*
After dinner, my stomach is so full that it hurts from the delicious food that I've eaten. My grandmother shows me to the bedroom I am sleeping in for tonight.

In the middle of the room is a double four post bed with a black spread sheet. On the elder of the bed is a window with black out blinds and below the window is a chest of drawers. On the back of the wall is a wooden wardrobe. There is a strong smell of wood and metal.

"Make yourself at home, Hattie." She smiles.

"Thank you very much."

"We will be in the hall when you wake up."

"Okay. Thanks."

She closes the door behind her and I slip into bed, pulling the sheets up to my chin. I feel unsafe without my knife in the bedside table.

I lay awake for hours, my mind still trying to take in my home. I give up and climb out of bed, throwing the duvet over. Slowly, I open the door and step into the gold corridor. I walk along the hallway, my fingers brushing the engravings.

"You bought him here? Son, do you not realise the danger?" I hear my grandfather's voice bellow from the room down.

"Harriet must not know that Loki is here. She will fight to see him. You need to understand, father, that she must not know." Thor explains

"Why are you hiding this from her?"

"I am doing this to protect her. She won't understand that but I am keeping her safe."

I slide along the wall, my face against the archway.

"I will not be involved with this, Son."

"Harriet needs to be protected from him."

"She's not a child, she can take care of herself."

I burst. He's bought Loki here. Without telling me.

"Still lying to me? After everything. You are still lying?" I shout, stepping into the room.

Both of them turn to me, shock on their faces. My Uncle bows his head and my grandfather glares at me with judgement.

"Harriet."

"He took you all hostage, used me to make an army that killed hundreds all because you lied to me about my past. But now you continue to lie to me?" I question.

"For your own protection."

"No. Don't. You can't protect me from everything. He's my father and you didn't tell me that he's here? You bought me here and he's here now?"

"It is for the best, Harriet."

"I am fed up of you always lying to me, Uncle. I can't take it anymore."

"Harriet."

I scream in frustration at him. Storming out of the room, I stomp down the corridor my boots clinking on the stone.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.9K 685 45
Leema was about to scream when she saw Loki, but suddenly Loki was behind her with a hand over her mouth. He waved a hand over her face and suddenly...
1.2K 51 37
On Asgard, Odin is critically ill, possibly even dying. Odin has banished Loki to Midgard for all eternity. Odin has sent for Thor to take the throne...
10.8K 608 37
❦(LᴏᴋΙͺxAsΙ’α΄€Κ€α΄…Ιͺα΄€Ι΄!Rᴇᴀᴅᴇʀ)❦ (Y/n) was abandoned at a young age, being forced to live on the streets, and steal the most basic of resources to surv...
43.4K 1K 13
"You can't take her Thor! She is my daughter! You can't take her!" "I am truly sorry brother, forgive me." ~ When Thor takes away the last person Lok...