Chapter 5

I pull on jeans and a shirt, scrape my hair into a ponytail then pull on my black leather boots. My nose is turning blue and black, i look like I've been in a fight. There's a knock at the door, i unlock it to see my Uncle stood there, but he's hidden by a tower of cardboard boxes he's holding. I open the door, he slowly steps in and drops the boxes onto the wooden floor.

"What are those for?" I ask, sending him a questioning look.

"Packing." He points out.

Im confused. We only decided yesterday that i am moving in with Steve, Captain America, for the next three years. He already wants me to start packing. Uncle Thor has bought about ten boxes and i only have a few possessions. Sadness fills me at how keen he is to move me.

"You want to get rid of me that quickly?" I slowly question, not looking at him and he doesn't look at me.

I push past my Uncle and march out of my room, ignoring his shouts. Anger and sadness runs into my veins as i walk through the canteen. I grab an apple and race straight to the training room. I throw the apple onto the side and walk over to the control panel.

I change the setting and twist some dials. I stand by the window and watch as two paper figures ,with red dots on their bodies, spring up at the end of the room. I pull out a gun from my belt and aim at the red dot for the figures heart. I close my left eye and raise it to my right, my finger brushes the trigger and i pull. The sound echoes in my ears as i concentrate on the bullet, I use my strength to push the chemicals in the bullet and it explodes without contact.

The Avengers don't know that i have a power, i have strength that is stronger then any of them. This is my little secret. They are hiding something, hiding who Freyja is, who the figure i see in my visions is and why my Uncle is determined to move me away.

I spin on the spot and shoot again, not even aiming. But, i use my power to push it into the figure, it hits the left ear. Just like i want it to.

"I have to find out who Freyja is." I whisper to myself.

I throw the gun across the room, it lands by the door and i grab my apple from the side above my head. I sit on the tiled ground, biting into my apple as i straighten my legs in front of me and lean my head against the concrete wall.

I hear something being dragged across the floor and instantly glance up.

"I know, no eating in the training room. But, this is my breakfast." I point out, biting and the sweet taste fills my mouth and lingers on my lips.

My Uncle steps inside the room, closing the white door behind him and his boots clink loudly as he walks. He kicks the gun out of the way and strolls over to me. He sits beside me, straightening his legs out too and leaning against the wall.

"Im not getting rid of you, Harriet." He whispers.

"Hmm..." I mumble, not believing him.

"Im being honest, Im not getting rid of you, Little One. I have to go away for a while and i can't take you with me. I just want to make sure you're settled with Steve before i go so i won't be worrying as much, that's why I've been helping you to start." He explains.

"How long are you going away for?" I ask.

"A week at the least." He mumbles.

"You weren't going to tell until you went, were you?" I quiz, glancing up and he avoids my eye contact.

I stand up, unclipping my belt and dropping it onto the floor. I walk out of the room, still eating my apple and i stroll down the corridor.

Why does he have to keep everything secret? But why am i surprised? He's been like that since i can remember.