Chapter 7

I spin in front of the mirror and the dress flows around me. I smile. This kind of suits me.

"Wow, you look so grown up." I hear Steve's voice.

I turn around and can't stop my cheeks burning red with embarrassment.

"Thank you." I smile.

Steve is dressed in a suit, with a white shirt, suit shoes and a black tie. He looks like he's going to a wedding.

"You look smart." I comment.

"Are you saying i don't look smart all the time?" He quizzes, raising an eyebrow.

"N-No. I-I." I stutter, my cheeks burning more.

"Hatz, calm down. Im just messing with you." He smirks.

I lightly punch him in the arm and he sends me a daring look.

"Do you really want to start that?" He jokes.

"Will you please tell me where we are going?"

"Nope."

I check myself in the mirror quick, then grab my phone.

"You won't need that." He points out.

I glance at him, Steve attempts to hide the smirk on his face but he fails.

"Seriously? Where are we going?"

"Its a surprise." He sings.

This is so frustrating.

I put my phone down and close my bedroom door behind me. I follow Steve down the corridor but he stops at the end, spinning to face me and smirking mischievously.

"What?" I ask.

He steps forward, wrapping a blindfold over my eyes. Black fills my eyes as my other senses heighten.

He thinks this will work, i know this place like the back of my hand. I know all the hiding places and all the routes there.

"Steve, what is going on?" I ask.

"Its okay, I got you." He whispers into my ear.

Steve places his hands on my shoulders and guides me down corridors, through doors and out into the courtyard, past the willow tree, around the bees nest by the fountain and into SHIELD main building. Then, he leads me through floor 1 control room, to the hall that is used for department meetings and then makes me stop as the door closes behind me.

"You ready?" He whispers into my left ear.

"We are still in SHIELD. Im so confused." I whisper back and he lets out a light chuckle.

Steve pulls the blindfold off and balloons flow down in front of me.

"Surprise!" Everyone shouts.

All of the workers and staff are stood in front of me, grinning and drinking. I smirk and my cheeks burn again.

"How did you keep this a secret?" I shout.

In front of me is a giant banner with "goodbye" written in glittery coloured pens and to the left is a DJ with his headphones on. To the right is a bar and snack table. In the middle is a dance floor and lights scatter onto it.

The Avengers march up to me, smirking and drinking their alcohol. Natasha is giggling and linking her arm around Clint, he looks uncomfortable.

"She's drunk, can't hold her alcohol, unlike someone who is always drunk." Clint jokes, staring straight at Tony, he smiles innocently like a child.