Doctor Sebastian - BK 2

By meeksadorable

Book 2 Walking into a hospital room and examing a single mother's injuries wasn't how Sebastian Genovesi expe... More

Notice
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Epilogue

Chapter 10

27.9K 1.3K 33
By meeksadorable

"I'm so nervous" said Samantha pacing around the room in her wedding dress.

"Relax you look beautiful" Zoyé tried to reassure her.

"I also look seven months pregnant!"

"Because that's what you are"

"Which means I look like a whale in a wedding dress?"

"You look like a woman carrying a love child, her second love child, about to marry her soulmate. A man that when he sees you will think you're the most beautiful woman to him"

"I hate how you know just what to say"

"I love you too"

She quickly hugged Samantha then straightened her clothes before walking out of the room to go join the rest of the bridal party who were standing by the door ready to do the processional march into the main hall. When the melody filled the air the bridesmaid walked down the aisle with their partnering groomsmen then took their place, after which Zoyé who is the maid of honor walked down the aisle with Sebastian who is the bestman. They stood in their places on opposite sides of the room and Zoyé tried hard not to stare at him. Sebastian however was roaming his eyes over her and the appreciative look on his face caused a blush to creep onto her cheeks.

"If you don't stop undressing her with your eyes no one will be able to concentrate throughout the ceremony" Nicholas whispered to his friend

"She's gorgeous" Sebastian breath out still staring at Zoyé.

"Stop staring!"

"OK OK"

Everyone stood and watched Samantha walking down the aisle with Nickolai holding her hand. It was a very beautiful and touching moment especially when tears visibly welled up in Nicholas's eyes. The ceremony was very beautiful not a dry eye in sight, especially when the vows were exchanged.

"They look happy don't they?" Sebastian's voice came from behind Zoyé.

The reception was in full swing as everyone started tapping their glasses for the hundredth time for the bride and groom to kiss.

"Oh hey, you startled me" Zoyé replied

"Why are you standing in the corner by yourself?"

"The truth?"

"Nothing but the truth"

"I'm feeling a little out of place"

"That's funny because even standing in a corner you seem to still be standing out"

Zoyé blushed and looked away from his face. She wasn't use to being flattered by a perfect gentleman. The only form of flattery she got usually came from guys looking to get laid for the night. She always wanted the opposite of those males, she wanted a man who is a perfect gentleman to treat her like a lady yet here she stood feeling nothing but fear.

"You look frightened" he said

"Oh so it shows then" she replied with a nervous laugh.

"There's no reason for you to be afraid of me Zoyé"

"Time will tell"

"I'm not afraid of you Mr. Sebastian"

They looked down and saw Khile and Nicholai's probing eyes staring up at them .

"Well that's good then buddy because I'm your friend" said Sebastian bending down so he could be in the same level with the boys as they told him about a new cartoon.

Zoyé watched how her son was so openly accepting and trusting Sebastian his face alight with excitement. He turned to her and smiled then turned back to the boys. He said something to them that made them laugh then he taught them a handshake. The nanny came over and took them away to go eat and left them alone again.

"Are you ready for our flight tomorrow"

"Yea we're all packed, Khile is really excited"

"I can tell. He was going on and on about going on a plane"

"Yea its our first time flying"

"Yes you mentioned that"

Just then music came filling the room and couples took to the dance floor.

"Would you like to dance?" She found herself asking Sebastian

He turned to her with a startled expression. Then he smiled and took her hand and lead her out to the dancefloor. She placed her hand on his chest and the other into his waiting palm as he circled her waist with his his free hand and pulled her closer to him. They swayed together to the rhythm of the music all the while gazing into each other's eyes.

"You make me feel things I dont want to feel" she confessed

"I know" he replied

"How do you know?"

"Its written all over your face"

"Oh"

"I'm not him Zoyé. Please don't punish me for all he's done to you"

"I'm trying not to"

"That's all I ask. I'll wait for you to come to me when you're ready...when you trust me"

She placed her head on his chest and slipped her hands around his waist and smiled against his chest when she felt him pull her closer. When he softly sang the words of the song she tried hard to hold back the tears as he serenaded her.

"One look in your eyes and there I see
Just what you mean to me
Here in my heart I believe
Your love is all I'll ever need
Holdin' you close through the night
I need you, yeah

I look in your eyes and there I see
What happiness really means
The love that we share makes life so sweet
Together we'll always be
This pledge of love feels so right
And, ooh, I need you"

As the song came to an end she stayed locked on his arms. She lift her head to look into his eyes and he placed his palm on the side of her face as she leaned into it. He leaned in to her as she leaned into him, their eyes trained on each other's lips, so close they could feel their breaths fanning each other's lips.

"Mommy" Khile's voice came.

They groaned and pulled apart. The moment instantly fading when they saw his tear stained and panicked face. Zoyé fell to her knees and pulled him into her arms.

"Honey what's wrong?" She asked brushing his hair with her hand

"He told me to give you this" he replied handing her a crumples piece of paper.

Zoyé took the paper from him with shaking hands and a sob escaped her lips when she read the threatening words.

"Let me see that" said Sebastian as he took the note from her hands.

So you got the cops on my back. I don't like that! Which means you have to pay for that. Check the kid's back, yours will be worse.

Sebastian cursed in Italian then looked at her face. Then they both looked at Khile who was standing there with with his head held down, hands dangling by his side sobbing.

Sebastian slowly knelt before him trying hard not to startle him and turned him around so his back was facing him. He gently lifted his jacket and saw his blood stained white shirt with a slash.

"Oh no oh no, oh God" Zoyé sobbed

"Khile, buddy where is he?" Sebastian asked

Khile pointed his finger in the direction of the double wooden doors that leads out to a open lawn where no doubt they had been playing.

"What's going on?" They heard Nicholas ask from behind them.

Sebastian picked up Khile in one hand and grabbed Zoyé's hand with his free hand then motioned to Nicholas who was holding Nicholai while his bride stood next to him to follow him.

They walked into the room where the men had obviously changed for the wedding and closed the door behind them. Sebastian handed the note to Nicholas as watched as rage took over his face.

"That son of a bitch was here! He was. With the boys! What did he mean look at Khile's back?" He asked

Sebastian was still too angry to speak so he put Khile down and removed his jacket this time he removed his shirt as well so he could see just how bad his injury was. Zoyé bust into tears when his shirt was removed to reveal a small slash on his back that looks like it was cased by a blade of some sort.

"Where was the nanny in all this?"

"Last we saw the boys she took them to go eat, I still haven't seen her"

"Rick hit her head" Khile sobbed

Panic raced around the room.

"Stay here" Sebastian said to Zoyé

"Call the police" Nicholas said handing Samantha his cellphone.

They both raced off to where the boys said they last saw Rick but all they found was the unconscious nanny. Sebastian checked her and saw she was OK but he picked her up and brought her inside where she finally woke up just as the police arrived.

They took statements from everyone including the boys and issued a order for Rick's picture to appear on the news and posted around town and manhunt was issued for him to be found.

"I'm sorry I spoiled your wedding" said Zoyé who had been quiet whole time since she spoke to the police.

"You didn't Zoyé" said Nicholas surprising her

She turned to him with a surprised expression.

"Don't look so surprised, you're growing on me, I would never want anything to happen to you" he replied

She smiled at him then turned to look at Sebastian who had gone to stand by the window his back straight as an arrow, tension and anger obvious in his stance.

"Go to him, we'll go back to our guest they might be wondering what's going on"

When the door closed behind them. Zoyé put Khile to sit where she sat and slowly walked over to Sebastian. Her heart thumped with nervousness. She reached out and took his hand that was balled into a fist.

"Hey" she said

He unclenced his fist and turned to face her.

"As soon as I get his cut cleaned up and bandaged we're leaving tonight"

"OK" she replied not bothering to argue or disagree.

"Let's go let them know we're leaving now then get out of here" he said Picking up Khile who wrapped his arms around his neck and placed his head on his shoulder, obviously worn out from the events of the day.

He wrapped a protective arm around Zoyé's shoulder and lead her back into the reception hall.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

72.9K 3.4K 48
He struggles with touch. She struggles with trust. How could these two, afraid of necessities of love, ever come to need each other? * * * Ulyssa...
9K 402 69
Finally making her dream come true of becoming a doctor and making her mother proud Francesca begins to believe her life is complete. After what she...
51.8K 6.4K 115
In the heart of Chicago, Seher Sandhu, a young mother haunted by her past, embarks on a journey of rediscovery. As bonds form, promises are made, and...
325K 12.2K 31
WARNING!!! I wrote this when I was a kid. The tropes and stuffs are no longer relevant šŸ˜€ BUT feel free to leave hate comments šŸ˜ŒšŸ¤™ They make me feel...