Forced Marriage [Completed]

By celestialxcross

Destiny Pitch is the most unlucky girl one will ever know. Her mother died when she was a baby, she was rais... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Epilogue
Author's Note
Announcement

Chapter 34

78.5K 2.6K 158
By celestialxcross

"You've spent your whole life running and running, trying to catch up with something that has never been there for you.

And all you've done is go farther and farther away from the precious love that's been waiting for you all the time."

-Unknown-

***

Destiny's P.O.V

I wake up this morning feeling absolutely horrible. My head slightly aches from the heavy pouring pain last night. I shouldn't have got drenched like that, but my mind was blurry, and even now, I simply cannot think straight after whatever happened yesterday.

Yesterday felt like such a long day, I have never felt that way my whole life. And I think I still don't want to accept the reality of what happened.

The bitter truth.

I move my hands toward my hair and rub it backward. My white sleeping gown is all creased. And I try to ignore my messy appearance in the mirror that sits right in front of me.

What do I do ?

It almost as if I forget how to function. It's like, all of a sudden I feel like I am a walking corpse. My mental state just got hit and I feel at my absolute worse. You may think I am overreacting, but finding out about shocking things can make you collapse, and it's a real thing.

My stomach is grumbling. I look beside me to see a plate filled with a cold soup. It's from last night, when a maid came to my room to bring me dinner. And I didn't even want to touch it because I was feeling nauseous.

Gosh, I didn't eat dinner, and now I'm starving.

I try to get up from the bed and actually for once doesn't make the bed again. I usually always make the bed all by myself but I guess for today, the maids can do it.

I get out from the room and walk down to dining room, trying to get something to eat. And it's actually, 8 a.m, which means Alan has gone to school and Stefano has gone to work.

Great, i guess it's just me and the rest of the servants.

As I walk into the dining room, i am surprised to see Stefano sitting there, all dressed up in a suit and tie, ready to go to work. He has a cup of coffee on his hand with his laptop right in front of him, as if he is working right now.

I am taken aback by his presence alone and before I realize it, I am on a steady position to run away.

Why is he still here ?

Stefano catches me looking at him and he stands up from his seat, looking at me and slowly approaches me.

My feet wouldn't budge, as if someone is pinning my feet. And before I realize it Stefano is standing right in front of me. He slowly moves his finger trying to touch my cheek but I take a step back.

"Destiny, what's wrong ?"

He asks with a concerned voice. I stare at him with mixed feeling. This is the man that I love so much, but at the same time, this man is the man who offered to buy me from my father.

It may seems similar to taking me as a hostage, but for me, it's a different thing. He told me that he took me as a confirmed possession to make sure my father paid his debt, but what happened was he BOUGHT me from my father, as if I was a mere object, and that is the part that I cannot accept.

I have my own value as a human mbeing, and he disrespected that, in the most horrible way possible.

"I'm fine" I lie to him.

"You are lying, Destiny. I can tell from your behavior from last night, you are lying"

"Don't force me, Stefano, I said I'm fine"

"No, Destiny, you have to tell me what is wrong, where were you last night ? Why were you walking in the rain ?"

I hesitate to talk, but I guess both of us simply have to hit the topic sooner or later.

"I met my papa yesterday, we had lunch, and he told me everything"

It was just a short sentence, but it's able to surprise Stefano beyond my expectation. He sigh and look at the side, and he tries to speak but I cut him off.

"I already know everything, Stefano, just, stop lying"

With those last words, I walk away, trying to avoid him for a whole day and the day feels like a long day as well. As I pretty much lock myself in the guest room. Only having my phone and some books to be read. I don't feel like doing anything, and once in a while, I get some food, but after that, I will always get back inside the room.

And then it's evening again.

***

Surprisingly, Alan managed to convince me to get dinner together. And I don't want to look frustrated or anything like that in front of him. He is way too precious to get involved in adult's matter, too pure and supposedly innocent.

Now the three of us are sitting in the dining table. Alan doesn't seem to know what is happening, as he continues to eat in joy, as he tells me about what was going on at school and how much he hated one of his teacher who was acting rude to his friend.

Alan is just adorable.

"Mama, will you read me a story time book tonight ?" I look at him slightly confused, then I get a grip of it and lick my dry lip.

"Oh, right, sure, what story would you like to hear tonight ?"

He thinks for a bit and speak

"Hansel & Gretel"

Well, that is a bit weird of a choice. He usually prefer stories about royalty and all that kind of stuff.

"Sure, I'll read it to you after dinner" I try to force a smile. While Stefano just sits there not speaking. We haven't had any other conversations today, maybe that is partially my wish too.

After dinner, I excuse myself first along with Alan, as I take him to bed. He changes into his pajama and sits on the bed, as he slowly lays himself on the bed, he pulls the blanket to cover his body.

I walk toward the shelf and take the Hansel and Gretel book. I slowly opens it and begin reading it to him.

He listens to the whole story carefully, sometimes reacting to the scene and give some short comments about it, and he flinches when the witch dies and smiles when Hansel and Gretel got back to their home.

And when we finally reaches the end of the story, he asks me.

"Mama, how can their parents abandoned them ?"

"Because, the step mother didn't like them, and she convinced the father to kicked them out"

He stares at me as if trying to digest the words.

"Do you hate me, Mama ?"

I look at him with a confused look as I shake my head.

"No, no, of course not, I like you Alan, you are a really good boy, a little bit mature, yes, but you have been very sweet and kind to me, and everyone, so how can I hate you ?"

He stares at me again and finally smile.

"Okay, I get it, Mama loves me, and that's good"

I smile at him and stands up to put the book back to the shelf. After that I walk toward him and give him a kiss on the forehead.

"Goodnight, sweetie"

He closes his eyes and I walk out from the room and turns the light off.

And when I am about to get back to the room, I see Stefano standing leaning on the wall in the hall with his arms crossed and he looks at me with a serious expression.

"Destiny, we need to talk"

I look at him and he slowly walks toward me.

I step back and glare at him.

"There's nothing more to be talked about Stefano, I'm already hurt and you know that"

"Just let me explain !"

"There is nothing to be explained !"

Slowly I begin raising my voice. Thankfully it isn't loud enough for anyone nearby to hear.

"I can't believe you did such a cruel thing, and you didn't even tell me about it, you lied to me ! Was I not worth the truth ? Did you think I was a mere object ? You know, i tried. I really tried. I tried to get used to everything when you first bought me here. I tried to not hate you for forcing me to marry you. It was mostly for my father, and then, you gave me this slight hope and kindness, and for the first time in my life, I was happy, with you, and Alan, and everyone here, but still, even after everything, you never dared to tell me the truth, that someone else has to do it for you"

"I wasn't ready"

That short answer is the only thing he can say, even after everything I've said.

Tears begin pouring in my eyes and I speak between gritted teeth.

"I hate you, Stefano Capello !"

And before I realize it, something quickly slap my face, with a loud noise it brings along, leaving my cheek feeling all hurt and red, and I realize, it's him. He has an angry expression as he holds his hand in the air.

I try to move my finger, touching the part of my cheek that just got slapped, and I look at him with a shocked expression.

"You... just slapped me"

And those words seem to bring him back to reality, as if he just realized what he have done, as he looks at his hand, and look at me.

"Destiny, I..."

Stop

I don't want to listen to any of his words anymore, and with that, I run to the room and lock it again.

And with a shattered heart, I sit on the carpeted floor, with tears flowing from my eyes, down to my clothes.

I can't take this anymore.

If I stay here any longer, I would just feel worse about everything.

And with heavy steps, I walk toward the closet. The clothes from Stefano's room have been moved here and there is a suitcase beneath the clothes.

I slowly pull it out and begin putting some clothes in, and after I am done with the quick packing, I take out a paper and a pen, and begin writing in it.

That's it. I'm done.

I think it's time, I should just go.

And never come back here again.

***

Author's Note

Hello Readers,

Thank you for reading this part of the story and sticking to it so far.

So...do you like it ? What do you think about it ?

I like how I finally able to create some sort of conflict in it for real and i can't wait to write the next chapter.

Thank you for everyone who have voted and commented, they mean a lot for me, and for others, please vote and comment as well.

And also, I want to say that I don't write Author's note on every single chapter because I have nothing to talk about or I'm too lazy or in a hurry.

And that doesn't mean I don't want to communicate with you guys.

So please understand that.

Love,
Celestial X Cross

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

169 15 15
"Cursing your life to such and extent that it really becomes a cursed fate. That's what happened. Your life is destined to be a sorcerer and fight fo...
26.5K 2.2K 27
Two souls, deeply in love! But destiny had it's own plans. Their lives were played with, in the worst way possible. After nearly 6 years, Destiny...
385 33 8
#1 book of The Serendipity Series. Back in her school, the person she despised the most, crosses ways with her again at her own sister's wedding afte...
88.2K 3.1K 49
This story will show you how in one minute destiny can be so kind and how next moment destiny can be so cruel. This story is about how a happy family...