Denial

By CaptainSwan31

Set into the future 6 years after High School- Lucas and Maya aren't together but share custody of their 6 ye... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Go vote for me!

Chapter 25

1.9K 54 5
By CaptainSwan31

Maya POV

I was excited for the Christmas Eve festivities that were going to take place tonight. Being with Lucas and his family was going to help me not be so sad about my mom not being here this year. I missed her so much. Lucy was hanging out with me here in my room while I got ready for the night. I had Lucas keep Lucy yesterday while I did some last minute Christmas shopping. I was mostly done but I wanted to buy a dress for the Christmas eve party that Laura was throwing. I chose a red dress that really accented my growing baby bump. It was cute and I really hoped that Lucas liked it. I bought Lucy some Christmas pajamas. They were adorable in the color of red and white pants with snow flakes on them and the shirt was white with a red font that said Santa's check list on it which said milk, cookies, and presents. They were perfect and matched the cute little Santa hat that I bought her. Once she was dressed she wanted to hang out with me while  I got ready. Once I was done with my hair then I wanted to put my dress on. I put the dress and on and was looking myself over before going out to see what Lucy thought of it. 

"What do you think of dress Luce?" I said as I stepped out of the bathroom and into my bedroom. 

Lucy got up off the bed and she walked over to me. She put her hands on my growing bump. "I love it so much Mommy. You look so pretty." she said as she looked at up at me with a smile. 

"Do you think Daddy will like it?" I asked her. 

Lucy nodded "He will Mommy." 

"Daddy loves it. He thinks you look hot." Lucas said and I didn't realize he was standing in the doorway watching us. 

"What about me Daddy? Do you like my jammy's that Mommy got me?" Lucy said as she ran over to him. 

"You look beautiful munchkin." Lucas replied to her. "I love your jammy's." 

"Thank's Huckleberry. I was hoping you'd like my dress." I said to him. 

Lucas brushed his hand along Lucy's cheek and smiled "Luce why don't you down and get your shoes on since we are leaving soon? Mommy and Daddy will be down in a minute." 

"Okay, Daddy." she said and then took off running out of the room. Once she was out of sight Lucas slowly walked up to me with a questionable look on his face.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" I said as I smiled back at him. 

"Well...he said as he placed his hand on my belly. "I think you look so beautiful. I love this dress on you, Maya. Why would you ever worry that I wouldn't?" 

"Your son has done a number on me. I look like a whale." I chuckled. 

"Maya you are absolutely glowing. You don't look like a whale. I love watching your body change knowing I'm one of the reasons for it." he said as he cupped my cheek with his hand and smiled at me. 

"You're so sweet Huckleberry. You always know how to make me feel loved. I love you." I said to him and he smiled back at me. 

"I love you too." he replied before kissing me. 

Once all of us were ready we headed off to Lucas's mom's house for her party. Lucy was so excited about Santa coming tonight. It was all she was talking about. Lucas's mom had her house decorated so beautifully. We walked into the kitchen where there was food and snacks laid out. Laura had made Christmas cookies and I couldn't help myself and had to dive into one. 

"Maya you look beautiful. Merry Christmas." Laura said as she walked up to me and Lucy as we were snacking on food.

"Thank you, Laura." I said with a smile. "And Merry Christmas to you too." 

"Are you excited for Santa to come?" Laura said to Lucy whose eyes lit up."I'm going to send you, Mommy, and Daddy home with a bunch of cookies." 

"Yes! I can't wait to open my presents." Lucy said excitedly. 

Lucas walked into the kitchen and over to where we were. "Listen, I'll be back in a bit. I need to run to town and get a few last minute things for Mom." Lucas said to me. 

"Okay, we'll be here." I said and then he leaned down and gave me a kiss. 

"Be good Munchkin." Lucas said to Lucy before giving her a quick kiss on the cheek. 

While Lucas was gone I visited with Laura and helped her with different things as Lucy played with her toys and Grandpa Dean. I walked over to where Laura was at as she was laying some more things out. 

"Thanks for having us, Laura. I'm really missing my mom lately so I'm glad to be included on your party." I said to her with a smile. 

"Oh, Maya nonsense you are welcome anytime." she said with a smile. 

It was over an hour and Lucas still wasn't here yet. I sent him a text asking him if he was okay and he responded back right away that he was fine and would be there soon. 20 minutes went by after I texted him when finally he showed up with a few things. 

"Alright lets doing presents." Laura said with a smile. 

"Yay!!" Lucy said excitedly. 

"Okay but I want to give Maya and Lucy theirs first." Lucas said with a smile on his face. 

I looked at him confused "I thought we were doing ours tomorrow?" I asked him.

"We are but I have something for you that I want you to have tonight." he replied giving me a quick kiss on the cheek. 

"Okay Huckleberry." I replied. 

Lucas left the room and I was lost in my phone I didn't notice he had come in until Lucy started yelling excitedly. 

"Nana? Papa!" What are you doing here." she said excitedly. I looked up as soon as I heard her say that. 

"You didn't think we were going to not see you on Christmas did you?" my mom said to her as she picked up Lucy and hugged her tightly. 

"Yeah Kiddo we wanted to see you open your presents." Shawn said as my mom held onto Lucy.

I looked up and then slowly stood up the couch with a smile on my face. I was trying not to cry "Mom? Shawn? What are you doing here?" I said as I walked over to them. Mom hugged me tightly and I hugged her back. Now the tears were coming down my face.

"Hi baby girl." my mom said as she put Lucy down. "Lucas told us you were really missing us and wanted us to come spend some time with you."

"Plus a change in scenery is always good. There is so much snow in the city." Shawn replied. 

"Lucas you did this?" I sniffled. 

He walked over to me and wiped the tears off my face. "Yes, I did this. I wanted you to have your mom and Shawn here for the holidays." he answered. 

"Thank you so much. You don't know how much this means to me and Lucy to have them here. I love you. You're the best." I said and I was crying again. 

Lucas wiped the tears off my face and smiled at me  "Calm down and stop crying. I love you too. I'd do anything for you." he said as he leaned kissed me softly. \

"You have yourself a keeper baby girl. I'm so glad to be here with you. I've missed you just as much." my mom said as she hugged me tightly again before letting me go. 

"We wouldn't want to be anywhere else, Maya." Shawn said as he pulled me into a hug. 

"Nana I want to show you Grandma's Christmas village." Lucy said excitedly. 

"After presents Munchkin. Grandma has a few things for you." Lucas said with a smile. 

We all enjoyed the party at Lucas parents house. His mom and Dad spoiled Lucy quite a bit. They got her some new clothes, a Nintendo DS with a couple of games, and some new dress up clothes. She loved it. After the party my mom, Shawn, Lucas, and I went home to our new house. I was so excited to show Mom everything. She wanted to help me do the nursery while she was here and I was down with that. We were in the living room watching some cartoons when I realized it was time for Lucy to go to bed. 

"Luce, we got to get you around for bed." I said and she turned around and looked at me.

"Can I sleep with you and Daddy again?"  she asked me. 

"Nope. You are going in your own bed tonight or Santa won't come." I replied. 

"But Mommy why can't I sleep with you and Daddy?" she whined. 

"You heard your mom, Lucy," Lucas said speaking up. "Go brush your teeth then we'll tuck you in." 

"Fine." she said as she stomped her way towards the bathroom. 

"See, I told you she gets that tantrum side from you." Lucas said to me and I rolled my eyes. 

"Oh, Maya was queen of tantrums when she was that age." my mom spoke up. 

"She still throws tantrums." Lucas chuckled and I flipped him off. 

After putting Lucy to bed we at around watching some Christmas movies and visiting among each other. I was so happy that my mom and Shawn were here.  I couldn't thank Lucas enough for doing this for me. I loved him so much and couldn't be happier right now. I'm so glad I got over my fear of us not working out and just gave into my feelings for him. Everything seemed to be falling into place and that made me so happy. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

375K 12.3K 48
Maya's life was never great. Her dad left her mom before she was born and her mom was only there half the time. Just when Maya thinks her life cant g...
2.9K 64 15
It has been a year and a half since Riley and her family decided to stay in New York and not move to London. They all have now turned 17 except Lucas...
14K 458 8
Vanessa Hart was the twin sister of Maya Hart and best friend of Farkle Minkus. While she was friends with Riley, she was closer to Farkle, he was al...
26.2K 581 47
Josh returns and Maya starts falling for him... Josh is all over the place with feelings. But will they fall as one for eachother? Find out in