Carry the Day

Bởi XAnimeForever

A Haikyuu!! Fanfiction- *Carry the Day: If something carries the day, it defines a win that felt like a l... Xem Thêm

Chapter 1: Out of Here
Chapter 2: The Club
Chapter 3: Saturday
Chapter 4: The match
Chapter 5: Already Over
Chapter 6: Let's Train
Chapter 7: Queen
Chapter 8: Heads Up
Chapter 9: Speak of the Devil
Chapter 11: The Best...
Chapter 12: The Ace
Chapter 13: A new coach
Chapter 14: Neighborhood Association
Chapter 15: Nekoma
Chapter 16: Arrangements
Chapter 17: The Iron Wall
Chapter 18: Seijoh
Chapter 19: Carry the Day
Chapter 20: Epilogue
Author's Note

Chapter 10: Bring it

14 1 0
Bởi XAnimeForever

Tobio's eyes widened. His shoulders tensed as he watched his former teammate walk over to Seijoh's bench. "Oikawa, you're back." their coach said. "How's the ankle?" he asked. 

Oikawa gave a grin and held his hand in the universal sign of 'Okay'. "It's fine. I can get back to regular practice. It was just a slight sprain." he said. 

My fists clenched subconsciously at his words. He could get back to practice, he had no worries. I crossed my arms tightly as I glared at him, wanting him to feel my wrath. I was shaking with anger, and jealousy. I was so incredibly jealous I could almost see green.

"Green isn't a good color on you." Tsukishima repeated my words with a smirk. His smirk disappeared instantly when he saw my glare and angry demeanor. 

Yamaguchi shuffled hesitantly. "Are you okay, Akira-chan?" he asked me. He managed to get the whole team's attention with that question, all eyes turning to me. 

I shook my head.  I released an angry exhale and scoffed. "I can't believe someone could be so simple about an injury." I said. I slowly forced my arms to fall to my sides.

Daichi-senpai frowned as he obviously understood where I was coming from; They all knew. I swallowed and breathed deeply. Once I was a bit more calmed, I said, "Sorry." 

They shook their heads and smiled. "It's okay, Akira-chan." Suga-senpai said. A small smile creeped onto my face as I nodded in thanks.

My calm state changed to annoyed quickly at the sound of the squealing girls. "Oikawa-san! Take care of yourself!" they yelled. Oikawa turned his head and smiled, waving at them. I swear the girls almost fainted just from that.

Tanaka was obviously just as annoyed as I was. "Akira, Kageyama, who's the nice guy?" he asked, face scrunched up. "I find him unpleasant." he said.

"He's the captain of Seijoh." Daichi-senpai answered.

"Oikawa-san is a super-aggressive setter. His attack power is also probably at the top of his team and he's got a terrible personality." Tobio said.

Rolling my eyes at him, I looked back at Oikawa. "Tooru's not one to mess with. He's a genius setter, always knowing exactly how to bring out the best in his team." I said. "And you of all people can't say he has a terrible personality, Tobio." I said.

"Like yours is any better." Tsukishima answered. 

I smirked at him. "You're right. Mine is even worse, which is exactly why me and Tooru have this weird love-hate friendship between us. Like I said. Frenemies." I explained.

Tanaka glanced at Tooru from over his shoulder. "Do you know him from Kitagawa Daiichi?" he asked us. 

Nodding at him, Tobio answered, "He was our senpai in junior high." 

Then, Tooru turned to us, his gaze fixed on Tobio. "Yoohoo, Tobio-chan, it's been a while." he said. He waved with that fake smile of his plastered on his face. I watched as Iwaizumi, Kunimi and Kindaichi walked up to him and nudged him.

Tooru froze up and slowly turned his head in my direction. His eyes shocked and unbelieving. I stared back at him, a smirk on my face as I gave a two-finger salute. "Good to see you, Tooru." I said. 

He looked at me, his mouth on the floor before he managed to compose himself. "Well, well. What's the Queen doing here?" he asked.

I licked my lips as I pulled off my sweater and threw it on the bench. "I'm here to beat you, Tooru." I said. Then I turned to Suga-senpai and said, "I'll go warm up. Please put me in as libero later on." 

Suga-senpai nodded to me just when I heard Seijoh's coach ordering Tooru to go warm up. We gave each other one last glance before turning our backs to one another and starting our warming-up. 

We arrived at match point quickly. Only one more point and we'd win the match. Then the whistle blew, the referee signaling a member change. I stood up and walked to the court, staring down at the line. "Go get them." Ennoshita said with a smile as he walked passed me and to the bench.

I exhaled slowly before pulling my sweats down, revealing my shorts, and my leg. I heard multiple gasps coming from Seijoh's side of the court. I kissed my necklace before tucking it back in my jersey. When I stood in my place on the backline, I dared to look up into the eyes of my former teammates.

Kindaichi looked broken, his eyes flashing with sorrow and regret. Kunimi was frozen, petrified by the sight of my leg. And finally, Tooru, who was a combination of both. He stared at me, mouth opening and closing like a fish. He shook his head, slapped his cheek lightly and looked back at me. Now he was finally serious.

"Don't you dare underestimate her. We all know what happened. She won't back down, even with that leg. That's how stupid she is, after all." Tooru said. Then he smirked and turned back to me. "But that doesn't mean we can't take advantage of it now." he said.

He walked to the backline, ready to serve. "No matter how strong your offense is..." he said. "It means nothing if you can't connect to it." he said. He held the ball up, pointing at Tsukishima before throwing it up and slamming it down.

The ball zoomed over the net and right at Tsukishima. 'His aim is as scary as ever.'  I thought as I watched Tsukishima fail to return the ball. 

Tooru put his hand on his hip and nodded to himself. "Just like I thought. I watched part of the match. You, number 6, and you, number 5. You're not good at receiving, are you?" he asked them, tilting his head with a smile.

He threw the ball in the air again, and hit it right to Tsukishima again. I sprinted down the court and jumped in front of him, but failed to return it anyway. I huffed at Tooru's mocking smile as he got handed another ball. "Bring it to me. I'll show you who's the best." I said. My voice echoed through the gym as I walked back to my original position.

Tooru simply nodded and threw the ball up. He slammed it down, not caring to hold back as he watched the ball zoom at me. I exhaled slowly and bent my knees, shrugging my shoulders and holding my arms straight. I focused on the ball only. 'Closer.'  I thought. 'Closer, closer... Now.'  I thought as I felt the sting of the ball on my arms as the ball flew up.

A smirk appeared on my face as I watched Tooru stare at me. "You're right. I still have a long way to go before I'm back to normal, but at least I have the defense ready." I said. A warm feeling spread through my body as I relaxed completely. I felt back where I belonged and nothing could take away this feeling. 

A scoff sounded from beside me. "Don't get all cocky just because you received one ball." Tsukishima said from beside me. And there goes the feeling.

My eye twitched in annoyance as I looked at him. "You're just jealous I received it while you couldn't." I told him.

Tsukishima glared down at me before looking away. I blinked, not used to him not giving a snarky comeback back to me. Seijoh got the chance ball and Kindaichi spiked. Hinata was able to get in front of him just in time for a one touch. Once the ginger landed, he sprinted to the other side of the net, jumped, and hit that King's Toss.

The ball seemed to go in slow motion as it whizzed passed Tooru's face and onto the court. He didn't even get the time to move as the whistle was blown, signaling our win. I cheered with the rest of the team as we celebrated our victory. I was so overwhelmed that I hugged the closest person to me, which happened to be Tsukishima.

I froze up and quickly let go of him, staring at him with wide eyes and red cheeks. "I'm sorry." I said. I bowed quickly and chuckled awkwardly. Tsukishima looked down at me, quickly looking away after meeting my eyes. 

He held his hand in front of his mouth. "It's fine..." he mumbled. It was so silent I almost couldn't hear it. An awkward silence came over us as we tried to look at anyone but each other.

"Let's go line up, Tsukki." I said. 

I knew I irked him with that, and he immediately retaliated. Everything was back to normal now, no awkward silences or anything. I hoped so at least.

Alright, a lot happened in this chapter, but I think it all worked out pretty well. Tsukki and Akira keep getting closer; You know where I'm going with this, probably. Oikawa and Akira went head to head; A little bit of rivalry here and there won't hurt anyone.

That's it for this chapter, next chapter will be out next week!

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

110K 3.5K 39
✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘤𝘦𝘳𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘧𝘪𝘯𝘢𝘭 𝘷𝘰𝘭𝘭𝘦𝘺𝘣𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘨𝘢𝘮𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘴𝘶𝘣𝘴𝘦𝘲𝘶𝘦𝘯𝘵 𝘦𝘯𝘤𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘢�...
6.5K 112 8
Daichi x Reader. F/N L/N moves to Japan and finds herself going to a peculiar school, Karasuno. Always being alone and bored, she has a fresh start...
2K 45 6
❝𝙄 𝙠𝙣𝙚𝙬 𝙞𝙩 𝙬𝙖𝙨 𝙮𝙤𝙪❞ ─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ─── you see, love always works out in the end, right? ________________ 𝘥𝘢𝘵𝘦 𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘳𝘵𝘦𝘥: 2/12...
195K 4.4K 27
🌟NishinoyaxReader🌟 You are Daichi's sister and he's really overprotective when it's about boys! Even when it's your Best friend Kageyama Tobio But...