Runaway (A Zayn Malik fanfict...

exquisites tarafından

"You are the best and worst thing that has ever happened to me, you bastard. I need you but I can't have you... Daha Fazla

Chapter 1 ♡
Chapter 2 ♡
Chapter 3 ♡
Chapter 4 ♡
Chapter 5 ♡
Chapter 6 ♡
Chapter 7 ♡
Chapter 8 ♡
Chapter 9 ♡
Chapter 10 ♡
Chapter 11 ♡
Chapter 12 ♡
Chapter 13 ♡
Chapter 14 ♡
Chapter 15 ♡
Chapter 16 ♡
Chapter 17 ♡
Chapter 18 ♡
Chapter 19 ♡
Chapter 20 ♡
Chapter 21 ♡
Chapter 22 ♡
Chapter 23 ♡
Chapter 24 ♡
Chapter 25 ♡
Chapter 26 ♡
Chapter 27 ♡
Chapter 28 ♡
Chapter 29 ♡
Chapter 30 ♡
Chapter 31 ♡
Chapter 32 ♡
Chapter 34 ♡
Chapter 35 ♡
Chapter 36 ♡
Chapter 37 ♡
Chapter 38 ♡
Chapter 39 ♡
Chapter 40 ♡
Chapter 41 ♡
Chapter 42 ♡
Chapter 43 ♡
Chapter 44 ♡
Chapter 45 ♡
Chapter 46 ♡
Chapter 47 ♡
Chapter 48 ♡
Chapter 49 ♡
Chapter 50 ♡
Chapter 51 ♡
Chapter 52 ♡
Chapter 53 ♡
Chapter 54 ♡
Chapter 55 ♡
Chapter 56 ♡
Chapter 57 ♡
Chapter 58 ♡
Chapter 59 ♡
Chapter 60 ♡
Chapter 61 ♡
Chapter 62 ♡
Chapter 63 ♡
Chapter 64 ♡
Chapter 65 ♡
Chapter 66 ♡
Chapter 67 ♡
Chapter 68 ♡
Chapter 69 ♡
Chapter 70 ♡
Chapter 71 ♡
Chapter 72 ♡
Chapter 73 ♡
Chapter 74 ♡
Chapter 75 ♡
Chapter 76 ♡
Chapter 77 ♡
Chapter 78 ♡
Chapter 79 ♡
Chapter 80 ♡
Chapter 81 ♡
Chapter 82 ♡
Chapter 83 ♡
Chapter 84 ♡
Chapter 85 ♡
Chapter 86 ♡
Chapter 87 ♡
Chapter 88 ♡
Chapter 89 ♡
Chapter 90 ♡
Chapter 91 ♡
Chapter 92 ♡
Chapter 93 ♡
Chapter 94 ♡
Chapter 95 ♡
Chapter 96 ♡
Chapter 97 ♡
Chapter 98 ♡
Chapter 99 ♡
Chapter 100 ♡
Author's Note

Chapter 33 ♡

57.8K 1.9K 528
exquisites tarafından

Chapter 33

(Kat's POV)

"Thank you!" I shouted over my shoulder to the stylists that finished getting me ready. Which by the was were a wedding gift from Gusto to Cora.

Today was the big day, Cora and Dad's wedding. Some guests had already arrived, some not here, one of them being Zayn.

There were a lot of things that were a mess, but Cora doesn't know about them. I told her to get ready and not to worry about anything; it was her wedding day after all.

I ran out the room, my dark blue dress ruffling against the floor while my heels made a click sound with every movement. My eyes wandered around for Zayn, if he wasn't here, Cora would most likely murder him.

When dad found out that Zayn was the entertainment, he was frustrated, but after Cora convinced him that we had nothing going on, he agreed to it.

I didn't want Zayn to be entertainment at my own dad's wedding, but that was the only way I could get him in without sneaking him in.

I heard someone whistle behind me, and I knew exactly who it was. I spun around to face Jack, who was standing against the wall.

"Someone looks fancy," he spoke walking towards me.

I smiled, "that makes two of us." Jack was wearing a tux, and I was surprised because he isn't the type of guy to be wearing a tux. He has in front of me once, and that was when we went to prom in the tenth grade.

"You owe me," he said giving me a quick hug, "I never wear tuxes."

"What do I owe you?"

He thought about it for a second, "my six bucks back."

I laughed, "it's a part of the pact."

So far, jack has been rude to Zayn six times, so he gave me six pounds. On the other side, I had only complained about my job twice, so you know what happens there.

"Jack!" Carlee yelled, "I need your help."

"Coming!" He waved at me before waking towards Carlee.

I turned and searched for Zayn, but he was still not here. I walked outside, passing hellos to some people I recognized along the way. When I had walked outside, I spotted just what I was looking for; Zayn's car.

I barely saw him through the dusty window of the car as I walked towards it. I opened the passenger door, and sat inside the car, making sure nobody noticed.

Zayn looked up at me, and his mouth opened, "whoa."

"What are you doing in here? The wedding is starting." I said to him.

He didn't say anything, instead pointing to his tie. I reached over to where he tried but failed to tie his tie, already having experience on how to tie it because of dad.

"You look beautiful," he said in awe. I smiled at him, but already started stressing about the many things that could go wrong while I was out here.

"Is something wrong love?" He asked me.

I didn't even try to shake my head and lie to him, for I knew he would find out I was lying. "I'm just worried." And I really was, there were multiples of things I had to do before the ceremony, but instead I was here, tying Zayn's tie.

He put his hand on my lap, "everything's going to be okay, I promise."

I wasn't looking at him, instead focusing on his tie, which was not tying by the way.

"Hey," he whispered, but I still didn't look at him until I was finally finished tying up the tie. He placed his fingers under my chin, making our gaze align.

"Today is the day that your father is getting married, it's only natural for you to be worried. But if you worry too much, you won't be able to enjoy it." I nodded at his words. "You look beautiful right now, and you should be smiling. It's a big day for you, don't let the little things ruin it."

I admired how he knew exactly what to say whenever I needed to hear it. If I was having the worst day, he was always there to cheer me up. It was just another one of his qualities that I grew to love quickly.

He leaned in and pressed his lips to mine gently. His lips fit perfectly with mine, as if they were made for each other. My eyes fluttered close and I felt him wrap his arm around my waist, picking me up over the dashboard and sliding me on his lap. I ran my hand through his freshly glossed quiff, trying not to mess it up. His tongue slid over my lips, then entered my mouth with ease.

I still had a lot on my mind, but his kiss did make me forget about everything for a minute.

We pulled apart slowly, and I became disappointed, not wanting to face reality. But unfortunately, I had to.

"You're a good kisser," he smirked, "you know that right?"

I laughed at his comment, "I've learned from the best."

I turned around, still in his lap, and saw his shoes untied. I bent down to reach them.

"I'll tie them, don't worry babe." He said.

I reached his laces, "it's fine, I'm already here."

His hands slid down my arms until they rested right on top of mine. We had been together for a while, but I still got chills every time he touched me. He rested his chin on the crook of my neck, "do you think anyone would notice if we stayed here instead of going inside?"

I laughed a bit, "I hope not."

I finished tying up his shoe tightly, ready to leave, but he didn't let go. "Thank you baby," he whispered in my ear.

"You are welcome Zayn, but I have to go."

Clearly, he wasn't worried about my busy schedule, instead he just pressed my back to his chest and kissed my bare shoulder. "Can't we stay?"

"I wish," I sighed.

He played with my fingers, "we never see each other anymore."

I spotted Carlee walk out the door, looking around probably for me. "I know sweetheart, but there is a bright side to all of this."

"What is that?" He asked.

"Right after the wedding, dad and Cora are staying at a hotel for a couple of days, so we'll get to be together then."

"Really?" He spoke, a certain excitement in his voice.

I nodded, and he kissed my cheek quickly. "Then let's go, we have to finish this thing."

I laughed and got out of the car with Zayn. Carlee had walked back inside already, and I was thankful that no one was around to see Zayn and I walk in together.

When we had stepped in, it was frantic, and my stomach twisted. People running everywhere, chairs set in the wrong places, bridesmaids running around.

I pointed to the stage, "that's where you'll be singing at the reception," I said to him, "there is already a list of songs you have to sing. I have to go, but we'll catch up later." He nodded, then brushed his lips to mine briefly before walking off.

I ran to Carlee, "what's the problem?"

"There you are!" She exclaimed, "okay chef needs help with where to put the foods and some of the bridesmaids can't fit into their dresses. Also the cake has been put where it belongs but they spelled Cora with a H. Oh and the chairs are in the wrong place instead of next to the isle, and the photographer is wondering who he should give the photos to. Plus Cora really needs you in the back."

I took a breath, "okay, let's do this."

So it took me a while, but I told the chef where to set the food and waited for him to do so before moving on. The bridesmaids dresses turned out to be switched up, but once I gave them to the right people, it was set. The cake's spelling error had been corrected with the help of a butter knife. I told the custodians to move the chairs into the right places and the photographer was told what to do. Every problem was fixed. But I still had to see Cora in the back.

I walked to where Cora was getting ready and knocked on the door. None other than Cora herself answered almost immediately.

"Katrina! Come in, come in." I waited in and Cora shut the door behind me.

"How is everything outside?" She asked.

"Perfect."

"How many guest have arrived?"

"Everyone, I'm pretty sure."

"How long till the ceremony?"

I checked to clock placed on the side of the room, "not too long. You better hurry."

"I know, I'm just-" she breathed hard "-I'm nervous. What if something goes wrong?"

"Nothing is going to go wrong Cora, I've triple checked everything." I reassured her.

"I know but what if I mess up while saying the vows?"

She was panicking, and by the time I've spent with her, I knew how to handle it. "Everything is going to be fine," I spoke these familiar words back to her, "I promise."

She stood in front of the mirror, examining herself. She looked stunning. Her white dress fit her perfectly, the veil in her hair set like a tiara. Her hair tired back into an elegant bun, and her makeup set to perfection. My dad was a lucky man.

"Are you sure?" She asked.

I nodded at her, "don't worry too much. It's your big day, enjoy it."

She took my arm and pulled me next to her, and now she was examining me. "You look gorgeous," she spoke.

I scanned myself. My dark blue dress reaching the floor and my held adding a couple of inches to my height. My hair was perfectly curled and my make up was fine but I was nothing compared to Cora, once again.

"Thank you."

The door opened to reveal Caroline, "the ceremony is about to start!"

I rushed outside, and before I knew it, I was standing face to face with a frantic dad.

"Katrina, honey, how do I look?" He asked me.

I set a stray hair back into it's place while saying, "perfect."

"Thank you," he smiled, then said, "this is it."

I breathed happily, "I guess it is."

"Mark!" I heard someone yell from behind me.

"Before I go out there," dad said to me, "I just want to thank you for supporting me throughout everything. I couldn't have asked for a better daughter."

"Of course Dad. Now hurry, you don't want to be late to your own wedding."

He smiled and gave me a kiss on the forehead, then said, "we shall meet again, on the other side."

"We shall," I laughed as he walked away. Soon the ceremony began and I felt my stomach twist, this was it.

I raced to where the bridesmaids were supposed to be. Caroline, one of Cora's friends Juliet, and I were the bridesmaids.

"There you are," Caroline said, handing me a bigger bouquet of flowers than she had. I also had on a darker blue dress than the other two. I guess that's the only honor part of being maid of honor.

After the flower girl, who was my cousin, walked down the isle, it was our turn. My heart started to race as I took a step into the velvet carpet, everyone was looking at us, but after my eyes found Zayn's, I couldn't care less about everyone else.

I looked at him the whole time I walked down the isle, and he stared back as a reassurance. Once we reached the end of the isle, the music started to play and Cora walked out with her father both of them arm in arm.

They walked down together, a couple of people in the crowd crying. I had seen Cora's dad once before, and he was honestly the sweetest man alive. But I felt like I hadn't known him enough for me to call him my grandpa, but nobody asked me.

Once they reached halfway, dad took Cora's arm and that's when I started to cry.

Cora looked so beautiful and Dad looked so relieved, like Cora was finally his.

As they said their vows, my heart was fluttering. Dad looked so happy, I hasn't seen him this happy in a very long time.

"I do," dad said after the pasture asked dad if he would take Cora as his wife.

"I do," Cora smiled after she was asked the opposing question.

"Way to go dad," I whispered under my breath.

He immediately turned to me and smiled, as if he had heard me.

"I now pronounce you mister and misses Desire, you may kiss the bride."

And after Dad and Cora's lips touched, I took a breath of relief. All those years of blood, sweat, and tears had finally paid off for dad. He won't have to worry about anything ever again.

He was happy again.

***

The rest of the evening went by fairly quickly. The reception was full of crying relatives, slow dances, running kids, and Zayn's voice.

Some of my relatives came to me, complimenting me on how I looked, telling me that I've grown a couple inches. All that normal family stuff.

Soon, some relatives started making speeches. One of dad's friends, Ernie, made a speech that made everyone, including Zayn, smile.

"What happened to you Mark," Ernie spoke on stage where Zayn was singing. The whole room was listening closely to him, Zayn included.

"In case most of you don't know," Ernie said moving the glass in his hand, causing his drink to splash, "Mark and I have been friends throughout all of highschool. That means I've seen every side of him."

I looked over at dad who was laughing. "The good and the bad. Tell me something Mark, do you remember what I used to tell you?"

Ernie didn't wait for dad's response, instead just continuing the speech. "Love, my old friend, is like fishing."

Dad laughed hard, as if suddenly remembering. "All you have to do is put something on the hook to attract the fish, and once it bites down on it, it's all yours. No escaping from any possible consequence."

The crowd laughed, some even cheering but Zayn was trying hard to control his laughter.

"Let's take this young fellow for example," Ernie said pointing to Zayn, "what's your name son?"

I watched as dad remained smiling, not bothered as Zayn told his name to the crowd.

"Well Zayn," he said to him, "is there a lucky lady that you call yours."

My cheeks heated but I knew he couldn't say my name. Zayn scanned the crowd, finding my eyes but looking away not trying to attract any attention.

"Well there is one girl who is kind of special," Zayn smirked while the crowd passed an "aww".

I smiled as Ernie said, "is she yours?"

Zayn shrugged, "well she tells me that she loves me."

Now the crowd went "ohhh" and I giggled. "That's my boy," Ernie patted Zayn's back playfully, "so how'd you reel her in?"

Zayn's eyes met mine briefly as he smirked, "charm."

Some people whistled at this, "has she ever tried to leave?"

"Nope."

Ernie chuckled, "then you must be a real charmer."

"She's not so bad herself," Zayn said biting his lip.

I giggled and the crowd applauded both Zayn and Ernie. I looked over at dad to see him whistling and I smiled. Then I turned to Zayn to see him looking at me straight in the eyes, he didn't try to look away, and neither did I.

***

For the rest of the reception, it went by slowly but I enjoyed every minute of what I was doing.

Even though I should've been more interactive with family, I was very focused on Zayn. What could I say? On top of his beautiful voice, he looked great. His hair was set into the neat quiff, his tux which looked great on him. I'm pretty sure there were other girls who were looking at him too. He had his eye on my wherever I went also, and every time I sat down, he sang to me.

He was singing song after song, non stop, until dad called for dinner. When everyone got up to get their food, I was pulled out the back door by Zayn.

He pressed me against the wall, standing above me while smiling. "How about we ditch?" He asked.

I smiled at him, "we can't babe."

He locked his fingers with mine, "I know. But I just want this to be over."

"Just a couple more hours," I whispered.

His hot breath tickled my neck, "dammit."

I giggled, "be patient, it's almost time."

He gave me a quick peck before saying, "this better be quick."

But he was wrong, the rest of the hours went by ever so slowly. More of the same. We cut the cake, ate the food, collected the presents and time finally ran out. Relatives started to leave, hugs were exchanged, and photos were taken. The wedding went perfectly, just like Cora hoped.

After thanking everyone who helped, the photographer gave me envelopes full of photos, and everyone else left.

I walked to Dad and Cora, giving them both a hug.

"Thanks for everything," Cora said to me, "there is no way this could've been successful without you."

I smiled, "don't mention it."

"Here are the keys to your hotel. Everything has been paid for so you don't need to worry about anything." I said to both of them now.

Dad hugged me, "take care sweetheart, I love you."

After saying goodbye to them, I took a breath of relief. Everything was finally over.

I felt arms wrap around my waist soon, and I smiled while I heard, "it's only you and me baby."

----------

I hope you're enjoying! Vote, follow me, and leave feedback. :) <3

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

40.2K 658 52
There is nothing more beautiful than watching an innocent angel fall apart at my sinful actions. I'm going to ruin her. "Augustine." And she comes...
2.1K 137 21
"You really thought you could escape from me? No, baby, no one ever has, and no one ever will. It was never about love; it was just about getting you...
102K 1.8K 29
Elliot Stevens has been abused and hated her whole life by the person who is supposed to love you always. Elliot is a genius because she thought it w...
225K 6.7K 70
WARNING: Drug references, violence, abuse, and sexual content!!! * * "I was thinking last night, and I thought we could make like a box and put some...